She Officially Hates Me Now

"You Know Nothing About Love"

----- Thursday, February 20; afterschool -----

"Did I tell you where Hyunseong-Oppa took me out for our make up anniversary date?" Hyemi tugged at Minwoo's arm as they walked down the busy hallway together.

"To the zoo." Minwoo replied blankly.

"To the zoo! And then,-"

"He took you to Lotte World."

"Yes! And after that, we-"

"Went to his house, he cooked dinner and read poetry to you in the park at night." Minwoo rolled his eyes.

"Oh, did I tell you this already?" Hyemi tilted her head.

"Yep, about fourteen times this week."

"Oh, sorry." She giggled. "I'm just so happy."

Minwoo sighed and kept walking.

"Minwoo, did you get a haircut? It looks great on you." A random girl in the hallway complimented him.

He smiled at her. "Thanks." Minwoo glanced at Hyemi to see if she noticed but she was too busy daydreaming about Hyunseong. It's been a week since Minwoo got his haircut and Hyemi didn't even mention it.

"Hyemi-ah!" Woojin walked up to them. "Are you busy right now? Can you help me with my science homework? I don't get Chemistry at all."

"No problem. I'll see you tomorrow, Minmin-ah."

Minwoo ignored her and just kept walking as if nothing happened. He walked down the stairs and towards the entrance gate. In the court yard, he punched a tree and screamed at the top of his lungs. "Mimi-ah. All you talk about it Hyunseong. Gosh!" He looked at his bleeding knuckles and pouted. "Why didn't I punch something soft like a pillow instead?"

"Hyunseong! I'm not doing it!" Tawny walked away from Hyunseong near the entrance gate.

"Tawny! I'm going to tell your brother!" Hyunseong threatened.

"Tell him what?" She eyed him cautiously.

"Tell him that... I don't know! I'll tell him something!"

She rolled her eyes. "You can't blackmail me, Hyunseong."

She started to walk away but Hyunseong fell onto his knees and started begging. "Please, I promise this is the last time I'll ask you to do something. Then I'll leave you alone."

"Get up!" Tawny hurriedly helped Hyunseong back onto his feet.

Minwoo walked up to them. "What's going on?"

Hyunseong dusted himself off and pulled a piece of paper out of his pocket. "This is a list of things Hyemi likes and doesn't like."

Minwoo pushed the paper away. "I don't need it. I know her better than anybody else. Even better than you."

Hyunseong smiled and nodded. "Can you do me a favor?"

"What?"

"Stall Hyemi for a few minutes after the student government meeting after school tomorrow - walk around the school or something - and bring her over here when I text you."

"I told you I'm not going to do it!" Tawny shouted.

Hyunseong ignored her. "Can you do that for me, please?"

"Under one condition." Minwoo eyed them. "You won't hurt Hyemi."

"I can't do that."

"Then I refuse."

Hyunseong sighed and pulled Minwoo's phone from his pocket. He called his own phone from Minwoo's. "Ok, I have your number now. I'll text you when it's time. I'm counting on you." He walked away.

"Hi, Minwoo." Tawny greeted him nervously. "I-I like your haircut. It looks good on you."

"Thank you." Minwoo smiled. "So what's with you and Hyunseong? Are you two dating?"

"No ways!" She shouted. "I would never date a jerk like him."

"Then what?"

She shook her head, trying to be cute. "I can't tell you what our relationship is." She touched the collar of his shirt in a flirty way. "But I'm single."

He gently pushed her hand away. "I'm sorry, I love Hyemi."

----- After student council meeting the next day -----

"Mimi-ah! Let's walk around the school!" Minwoo grabbed Hyemi as soon as she walked out of the Student Government room.

"Wait, but I promised Seohee I'd go over to her house today." She tried to escape but failed.

"I already talked to her, she said that you two will just hang out tomorrow."

"Fine, fine." She gave up and walked next to Minwoo. "So what's up?"

"Hm, nothing much. What about you?"

"Same."

After a moment of silence, Minwoo blurted out. "Can you help me with a girl problem?"

Hyemi looked at Minwoo. "Why? You can get any girl you want. You're so popular, you don't need my help."

"She's not just any girl. She's off-limits to me."

"Why? Does she have a boyfriend?"

He nodded.

"Then just wait. If you two are meant to be, you'll be together."

"Are you sure? What happens if she just thinks of me as a friend?"

"No girl can only think of you as a friend. You have that boyfriend charm." Hyemi questioned what she herself said.

Minwoo smiled. "Has my boyfriend charm ever reached you?"

"Nope," she lied to .

He laughed and tickled her. "Admit it. My charm has infected you."

"I'm never going to admit it." Hyemi closed her eyes from giggling too hard.

Minwoo couldn't resist the urge so he pecked her on the lips.

Hyemi's eyes shot open and they both blushed. She touched her lips.

He coughed nervously and pulled out his vibrating phone. He got a text message from Hyunseong.

From: Hyunseong: It's time...

Minwoo grabbed Hyemi's hand and walked to the entrance gate.

"Where are you taking me?" She asked him, still blushing from the earlier kiss.

"We'll find out." As soon as they reached their destination, Minwoo regretted being a part of Hyunseong's plan.

"Hyunseong." Hyemi started crying.

Hyunseong and Tawny were making out right in front of them.

Hyemi ran up to them and started punching Hyunseong in the chest. He stood there, whincing at every punch. When she was satisfied, she ran away.

Tawny wiped her lips feverently and also walked away. "Ew! I can't believe my first kiss was with you! How horrible!"

Minwoo grabbed Hyunseong by his uniform's collar. "Why the hell did you do that for?! How dare you hurt Hyemi not once, but twice!"

Hyunseong chuckled. "My plan worked. She officially hates me now."

Minwoo tightened his grip. "Your plan? You mean you purposefully wanted to hurt her?!"

Hyunseong started choking and forced Minwoo to release him. "Go to her."

"What?"

"I said. Go to her. She's probably crying on the stairs right now. We got this far with my plan and we might as well follow through 'till the end. Remember what I told you earlier this month... When she's sad, never leave her alone. Be happy with her. You two are meant to be. Not everyone gets a second chance - so don't mess up." Hyunseong patted Minwoo on the back and walked away.

"He really scares me." Minwoo commented before he started searching for Hyemi. Just like Hyunseong said, she was on the stairs sobbing. Minwoo sat next to her and comforted her until she was ready to be escorted home.

 

--------------------------------------------------

To make up for not updating for a week, here's another chapter!

- Kii-chan <3