You Mean The World To Me

"You Know Nothing About Love"

----- At the Coffee Shop on Sunday; doing homework -----

"Thank you," Hyemi smiled when Jeongmin, the waiter, placed her hot chocolate onto the table. She placed her pencil behind her ear and drank. Jeongmin stood by the table, staring at her. "Um, you okay, Jeongmin?"

"How did Hyunseong get such a pretty girl like you?" He kept staring at her. Hyemi blushed and took another sip of her chocolate. "Did you get plastic surgery?"

She choked on the drink. "What did you say?"

Jeongmin slid into the seat across from her, continuing to stare at her. "You have double eyelids... Did you get plastic surgery?"

"I'm only a freshmen!"

"That's true. But you never know. Maybe your parents are plastic surgeons and they operated on you when you were younger."

Hyemi laughed. "No, my parents are businesspeople. They're always on trips so that's a no."

"Then why are you so pretty?"

She drank again to hide her blushed cheeks. "Don't you have to go back to work?"

He looked at the time and immediately got up. "Oh shoot, you're right. Bye, beautiful." He winked before he left.

She shook her head and mummbled to herself, "He still flirts with me even if I have a boyfriend?" Oh wait, Hyunseong-Oppa hasn't asked me out yet, she realized. So is he my boyfriend? Or are we still 'just friends'? BUT he kissed me... So that means we're dating?

In the middle of her thinking, Youngmin walked into the coffee shop and saw Hyemi. "Mimi-ah!"

"Ah, Youngmin. What are you doing here?" Hyemi signaled him to sit infront of her.

"I lost a bet with Kwangmin so I have to run some errands for him." Youngmin slumped into his seat.

She laughed and patted his shoulders. "Aren't you the eldest twin?"

"Yeah! But he's a bully." He pouted.

"Do you want some hot chocolate?" She pushed her cup towards him.

He eyed the hot chocolate. He was thirsty and was hesitant to accept it. "But it'll be like an indirect kiss..."

"Just drink from the other side." Youngmin just stared at it. "Ok, if you don't want it then I'll just take it back." Hyemi teased.

"No, I'm thirsty!" Youngmin tried to grab the cup but, instead, tipped it over and spilled all of the chocolate on top of Hyemi.

She gasped as the hot liquid spilled all over her.

"Oh, no! I'm so sorry!" He ran up to the counter and took some napkins to wipe up the spill with. "Are you ok, Mimi-ah?"

She bursted out laughing.

"Why are you laughing?" He asked as he wiped the floor. "I just spilled hot chocolate all over you."

"I really miss you, Youngmin-ah." She bluntly stated. He just stared at her, wondering what she meant by it. "I miss your dorky moments. You always make me laugh. I miss being with you." He blushed hard at the last statement.

"Then why don't you dump Hyunseong and be with me again?" Youngmin looked into her eyes.

"You know I can't do that." Hyemi took a napkin from him and wiped herself. "Hyunseong means too much to me."

"And I don't mean anything to you?" Youngmin helped wipe her arms.

She looked at him. "You mean a lot to me, too, but just as a friend."

He sighed. "I'm sorry; your shirt is all ruined."

"It's alright," She shrugged. "I'll just go home and change."

Youngmin shook his head as he put all of her things into her backpack. After throwing the cup into the trash, he grabbed her hand and dragged her out of the store.

"Where are you taking me?"

"We're going shopping!" He cheered and dragged her into a nearby store. "This would look cute on you! So would this! And this, too!" Youngmin piled clothes into his arms.

"Youngmin-ah, do I have to try all of these on?" Hyemi stared at the pile of clothes.

"Yes!" He pushed her into the changing room and waited for Hyemi on the waiting room chairs.

After ten outfits, Hyemi was getting tired of trying on clothes. "Can I just go home and change?"

"You don't like any of these?" Youngmin searched in the remaining pile. He pulled out a pretty green dress and nodded at it approvingly. "Here, this will be the last one." He handed it to her and she dragged her feet back into the changing room.

"You're girlfriend is really pretty," a lady employee said to Youngmin.

"Yeah, she is, isn't she?" Youngmin played along.

"How long have you been dating?"

"About a year," he smirked at his lie.

"Wow," the employee was impressed. "And things are still working out well?"

"Yep."

"You're still young but do you love her?"

Hyemi walked out of the dressing room, looking stunning in the green dress. Youngmin's heart skip a beat. "Love her? I think I do..." He stood up and twirled Hyemi around, admiring how great the dress looked on her.

"You look amazing," the employee praised.

Hyemi smiled at her. "Thank you. It's very comfortable."

Youngmin couldn't stop smiling. "We'll take it."

"Thank you, Youngmin-ah. I'll go change and we can-"

"No, you can keep it on. It looks great on you." Youngmin turned to the employee. "Can she keep the dress on?"

"Of course. We can just cut the price tags after paying," the employee smiled and directed them to the cash register. The employee scanned the dress as Youngmin pulled out his credit card.

Hyemi was in awe. "Does everyone have a credit card except for me?"

He stuck his tongue out and swiped the card.

"Thank you, come again." The employee smiled brightly as they left.

"Wait, how much was the dress?" Hyemi stopped infront of the store.

"You don't need to know," Youngmin grabbed her hand.

"I need to know," she crossed her arms.

He laughed at her childish attitude. "$20"

"Are you sure?" She eyed him. "It looks expensive." She felt the fabric of the dress.

"Promise." He placed his arm on her shoulder and they walked down the street. In Youngmin's pocket was the receipt that read "$50". "Do you want to go to the park?" He offered.

"Um, I guess. What did you want to do there?"

"Just walk around. You said you miss being with me." He smirked. He held out his hand and she took it; the gesture meant different things to the both of them.

Oh, gosh, Youngmin's heart was pounding. Why did she have to take my hand? I would've been perfectly fine if she rejected it. I mean, my heart is beating like crazy right now. Calm down, heart, calm down, don't overwork yourself, I can't go on without you.

"Are you ok, Youngmin-ah?" Hyemi glanced at Youngmin who was wiping away beads of sweat.

"Yeah! Don't worry about me! I'm fine. Lookie! Swings!" He dragged her to the swing set in the park. "Push me!" He said childishly on the swing.

Hyemi laughed and did what he asked.

"Wheeee!"

After five minutes of swinging, Hyemi slumped into the swing next to Youngmin's. "My arms hurt."

Youngmin laughed. "That was fun, thank you."

She looked at him and couldn't help but smile at how happy he looked.

He caught her staring and she looked away. "Do I have something on my face?" He asked her.

She shook her head.

He sighed and stared at her. "I really miss you, Mimi-ah."

She looked at him with blushed cheeks. "I miss you, too, Youngmin-ah."

"Doe Hyunseong really mean a lot to you?"

"Of course. He was always there for me whenever I was sad."

"So was I, remember?"

Hyemi thought for a second and remembered that Youngmin took time out of his weekend in November to cheer her up when she saw Minwoo with Eunhae. "Oh, you were... Sorry, Youngmin-ah."

"Did you really forget everything I did for you?"

"No, of course not. But every good thing you've done for me can't erase the fact that you cheated." Hyemi raised her voice.

"That was a year ago." Youngmin remained calm. "You know I've changed. I didn't realize how much you meant to me."

"Well, too late." She looked at the sky.

"It's not too late for me." Hyemi kept her gazed at clouds. "You mean to world to me."

Hyemi looked at Youngmin, trying to see if he was lying. He wasn't. "W-what did you just say?"

"Mimi-ah," He her hair. "You mean the world to me. Do you want me to say it again? You'll still mean the world to me a million years from now. I'll keep saying it until you believe me. You mean the world to me. I know I mean the world to you, too."

"S-stop, please." She closed her eyes. Please, don't, Youngmin, she thought. Hyunseong-Oppa means the world to me, Hyunseong-Oppa means the world to me, Hyun-

Taking advantage of her closed eyes, Youngmin kissed her on the lips, placing his hand behind her head so she couldn't pull away.

"Stop!" Hyemi struggled out of his grasp. "Youngmin!" She pushed him and he fell on the ground.

He rubbed his scraped elbow. "Ow..."

"Don't do that ever again!" She yelled at him.

"I'm sorry..." He got up and pulled a bandaid out of his wallet. "Ow!"

Hyemi was too upset to help him put the bandaid on but she still felt guilty for hurting him. "What's gotten into you?"

Youngmin placed the trash into his pocket. "Nothing..." He sat back onto the other swing, embarrassed and hurt by her rejection.

After a few minutes of silence, Hyemi felt so guilty that she spoke up. "Do you want me to push you on the swing again?"

"No, that's ok," Youngmin stared at the starting sunset.

"I'm sorry, Youngmin-ah..."

"No, I should be the one saying sorry..."

"Is your elbow ok?"

"Yeah..."

Hyemi tried to think of other things to say. "You know, I've never watched the sunset with anyone before."

Youngmin smiled at her attempt to make conversation. "Really?"

"Yep. Mom and dad are always busy, Donghyun-Oppa is afraid of the dark, and no one else had the time to watch the sunset with me."

"The sunset makes me kind of sad."

"Why, Youngmin-ah? It's so beautiful. Look at how pink the sky looks now." She pointed at the color-changing clouds.

"But the sun looks sad that the moon is taking over it's position."

"The sun is going to come back again in the morning."

"How does the sun know that? What if the sky likes the moon so much that the sky doesn't want to see the sun ever again."

"What's wrong with the sun? The sun is just as beautiful as the moon, if not, more beautiful."

"Then why do people used sunglasses to block out the sun and not moonglasses to block out the moon?"

"Because the sun is so powerful that the people on earth can't take its natural beauty."

"Does the sky think the sun is more beautiful than the moon?"

"I don't know. Why don't you ask the sky yourself?"

After a pause, Youngmin asked. "Mimi-ah... What am I to you?"

"What do you mean, Youngmin-ah?"

"What am I to you? The Sun, the Moon, or just another star waiting to be noticed by an amazing girl like you?"

 

--------------------------------------------------

Heehee, updated :D

If you guys didn't understand the whole 'Sun, Moon, and Sky' analogy, Youngmin was the Sun, Hyunseong/Minwoo was the Moon, and Hyemi is the Sky. Youngmin was worried that he was just a "Sun" to Hyemi and that she/the Sky would rather be with the Moon than him.

Hope you enjoyed this chapter :D

I won't be updating until Thursday; sorry ><"

~ Kii-chan <3