Because I Love You!

"You Know Nothing About Love"

----- Monday -----

"Here are your lab partners for today's experiment." Hyemi's fourth period Basic Physics Honors teacher announced the names. "And... Hyemi and Minwoo. Now get to work."

Hyemi scowled as she walked over to Minwoo. Minwoo looked sad.

"I'll go get the supplies," Minwoo offered. But Hyemi ignored him and got them herself.

In the middle of observing their experiment, Minwoo couldn't handle the tense atmostphere anymore. "Can we talk?"

Hyemi didn't budge. "We have nothing to talk about."

"Yes, we do!" Minwoo raised his voice. "You wouldn't answer my calls all weekend, I even went to your house Saturday night."

"I wasn't home," she lied.

"Yes, you were, I saw you doing homework near your window."

"Fine. I was at home."

"Yeah, and look. You're obviously mad at me." Hyemi finished up the observations and cleaned up without a word. "Hey! I didn't finish yet!"

Hyemi handed her notebook to Minwoo. "Copy it."

"Geez, Ms. Crankypants." Minwoo complained.

Kwangmin walked over to Minwoo. "You know this is your fault, right?"

"Why is she mad at me?" Minwoo looked down, sad.

"She saw you with Eunhae."

Eunhae looked up, "I heard my name."

"Oh, sorry, continue with your experiment." Kwangmin apologized. "She was crying all weekend," he whispered.

Minwoo widened his eyes. "Just because of that?"

"Hyung cheated on her, remember? When she saw you with your arms around Eunhae, she broke down."

"I only did that because I got jealous of her and Hyunseong. They were on a date!"

Kwangmin gasped. "A date? Is that what you thought?"

"That's what I saw!"

"They weren't on a date. Hyemi and Seohee went shopping that Friday and they ran into Hyunseong and his sophomore friends. Seohee left Hyunseong, Jeongmin, and Hyemi at the food court to go with Daejung. I guess Jeongmin got bored and left Hyunseong and Hyemi alone. Seohee said that Mimi-ah was pretty upset because you two haven't hung out in a while."

Minwoo face palmed himself. "Did I misunderstand everything?"

Kwangmin rolled his eyes. "You know nothing about love."

Minwoo burried his face in his hands. "Wait, how do you know all of this?"

"Because Hyemi came over to our house, crying, on Friday and Hyung took her out on Saturday and Sunday to calm her down."

Minwoo's face fell when he heard Youngmin's name.

"If you don't hurry up and confess, Hyung will." Kwangmin blurted out. "I think he loves her."

Minwoo furrowed his eyebrows. "Love her? After hurting her?!"

"He's changed. I don't think he'd let her go once he gets a second chance." Kwangmin played with his fingers. "I know it's bad to plot against my own twin. But Hyung's chance with Hyemi passed. He messed up. I think it's only fair for you to have your chance."

Minwoo smiled weakly. "Thank you, Kwangie. For everything."

"Just don't mess up," Kwangmin warned.

Minwoo nodded and walked over to Hyemi. "Mimi-ah, I think we have a misunderstanding."

*Bell rang* "Good bye, everybody. Go home safely," their teacher announced. "Bring your completed lab report on Wednesday!"

Hyemi packed up her stuff, grabbed her book back from Minwoo and walked out the door.

Minwoo desperately looked at Kwangmin. He signaled him to chase after her.

Minwoo dashed down the hallway, trying to catch up with Hyemi.

"Mimi-ah! Mimi-ah!!" He caught up to her and dragged her away from the crowded hallway and into a small balcony.

Hyemi rolled her eyes and forced her way past him. He pushed her shoulder against the wall, pinning her down.

"Let go!" Hyemi shouted.

"Not until you talk to me! Mimi-ah! I'm sorry!"

"For what?!" She stopped struggling and was glaring into his eyes.

"For not trusting you." Hyemi crossed her arms. "About Friday, I was helping Eunhae get a gift for her little sister." Hyemi pushed his arms away but he grabbed her wrist. "Listen to me! Our little sisters are best friends."

Hyemi stopped frowning. "Then why were your arms around her?"

Minwoo looked down. "I-I saw you and Hyunseong."

Hyemi frowned again and tried to get out of his grip. When she was almost free, he hugged her tightly. "Mimi-ah. I'm sorry."

"How could you?!" She started crying.

"I know, I'm sorry." They stood there for a few minutes until Hyemi calmed down again. "But. What about you and Youngmin?"

Hyemi looked up and glared at Minwoo. "What about him?"

He scratched his head. "I heard you hung out with him all weekend."

"He was only being a good friend."

"Good friend, huh?" Minwoo scoffed. "I don't want you hanging out with him anymore."

Hyemi pushed him away. "Why shouldn't I?"

"Because, you're mine." He tried to be romantic.

"You never asked me out yet."

"I know. I'm sorry."

"Sorry for what?!" Hyemi was upset again. "For playing with my heart?! For leading me on?! For not trusting me?!"

"Why are you yelling?!"

"Because I love you!" Hyemi screamed, tears flowing out again.

Minwoo froze, shocked. This isn't like Hyemi, he thought. When did she change? "Hyemi..."

She wiped away her tears angrily. "Damnit! See what you did! I'm not like this! I swore that I would never confess to a guy ever again!"

Minwoo remained silent, trying to think of what to say.

"And all you can do is just stand there?! You're horrible!" She ran down the now empty hallway without waiting for a reply.

Minwoo remained frozen, shocked at what just happened. "Come back..." He whispered. "I love you, too..."

Hyemi was running down the hallway when she bumped into someone.

"Hyemi-ah?" Hyunseong pushed her hair away from her face.

She hugged him, trembling.

He patted her back. "Minwoo..." He grunted. "You're going to regret hurting her..."

----- A week later -----

"Mimi-ah," Seohee tapped her arm. "Let's eat lunch together today."

"That's alright," Hyemi fake smiled. "I'm going to study at the library."

"Mimi-ah... You can't fool me with your fake smiles... You haven't eatened lunch in a week. And you're getting too skinny." Seohee hugged Hyemi.

Hyemi hugged her back and walked to the library.

She sat at an empty table and took out her math homework.

"I thought I'd find you here," Hyunseong sat across from Hyemi. "You know, skipping meals can effect brain function, right?" He poked her head.

"My brain is working perfectly fine," she replied.

"What about your heart?"

She stopped writing. "It feels numb. Less painful, but numb."

Hyunseong dug into his bag and brought out two sandwiches. "Peanut butter and jelly or chicken?"

"I'm not hungry," Hyemi took out her calculator.

"You're way too skinny, Hyemi-ah." Hyunseong sqeezed her cheeks. "I don't like girls who are boney. Come on, smile," he pouted.

She gave him a fake smile.

"Ok, good. But I want a real, genuine one."

She shook her head. "That smile's gone. It will never come back."

He sighed and left the peanut butter and jelly sandwich ontop of the table. He looked back at Hyemi who was meticulously solving a problem before he left. "But your smile is most beautiful thing in the world..."

Hyemi ignored the sandwich for a few minutes. When she looked again, she noticed there was a note underneath it.

'You haven't lost your smile at all, it's right under your nose. You just forgot it was there :) Will you go on a date with me next week after my dance practice?'

She stared at the note before placing it into her notebook.

 

--------------------------------------------------

:) Hope you enjoyed this chapter.

I'm sorry if this story is getting depressing *bows*

But the brightest rainbow always shows up after the worst storm, right? (Copyright, my own personal quote, Nov 12, 2011)

~ Kii-chan <3