x。party getaway

「 under the moonlight ☾」seulgi drabble requests
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

pairing: seulgi x sehun

music: walk as long as you can - hua yu

word count: 1268

 

Amidst the sweaty teenagers, booming loud music, the distinct smell of alcohol, and screams of laughter, Seulgi thinks it’s a pretty nice night. She’s sitting on the cold, wooden floor in the backyard, leaning against the railing of the patio. Her legs lightly swing in the air; the patio was a couple feet higher than the ground floor. Besides her was the drink that had been offered to her the moment she stepped into the party with Wendy. Wendy chugged it down right away, something about being “adventurous” and trying everything that was thrown at her. Seulgi just held it, hesitant about its contents -- it was obviously spiked, but she wasn’t sure of what.

 

She doesn’t know why she came with Wendy. She thought she could handle it: a college party, filled with tons of people that she never even knew went to the same university as her. She thought she could mingle and make new friends, but it seems that all people cared about was getting drunk or stupidly high. Seulgi could care less.

 

Sighing, she kept her gaze on the night sky. It was pitch black today, but she could spot tiny twinkles of stars. Despite being alone, Seulgi found it much more tolerable than being inside where all the commotion was at. She was about to throw the drink away when a couple stepped out. They didn’t seem to notice Seulgi sitting on the edge of the patio and continued on with their conversation. The guy was obviously angry while the girl seemed frustrated and annoyed.

 

“Can’t you give me a little respect as your boyfriend?” The guy tried to calmly say, but the tone of his voice was rising.

 

“I don’t see the ing problem here. We’re just friends!” The girl screamed back.

 

“Friends don’t kiss each other, hon,” the guy crossed his arms as the girl let out an exasperated sigh.

 

“You’re so ing possessive. I can’t hang out with other guys now?”

 

“I didn’t say that. It would be nice if my girlfriend would stop hitting on other dudes though.”

 

“Then you should tell that to her because we,” the girl motioned with her finger, “are done.” The girl huffed and stomped her way back into the house, slamming the glass door shut. The guy just sighed and raked his fingers through his hair as Seulgi tried to make herself look smaller.

 

Unfortunately, he spotted her the moment he turned his head. He awkwardly walked towards her direction, rubbing the nape of his neck, “Did you see all that?”

 

Seulgi gulps, “Y-yeah, but I can pretend I didn’t.”

 

The guy lets out a breath which Seulgi assumes is a sigh of relief. He cautiously makes his way next to her and sits down, leaving a comfortable distance between the two.

 

“Rough night?” He asks her and she’s surprised, so it takes her a moment to answer.

 

“I guess you can say that...but it seems a little rougher for you.”

 

He lets out a chuckle that seems to be forced. “You got that right.”

 

They sit in silence for a while, just admiring the little amount of stars in the sky. Seulgi thought it was a bit surreal

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter