x。night cafe

「 under the moonlight ☾」seulgi drabble requests
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

pairing: seulgi x mino ; cafe worker au/idol life

music: evanesce - super junior

word count: 1457

 

The rain drizzles down lightly, droplets of water landing down with a plop on the cement. The streetlights are shining brightly in the dark night sky, the only source of light on the streets with the occasional headlights of a vehicle passing by. The cars on the roads have gotten scarce; people were returning home. After all, it was past eight on a Friday night.

 

So why was a young teenage girl sitting in a cafe watching the rain?

 

Pretty simple, actually. It’s her job.

 

Well, her job isn’t to watch the rain. It’s to work in the cafe which was already empty save for a few people in the kitchen cleaning up. She doesn’t know why she has to wait until ten when 1) no one goes to cafes that late and 2) she’ll be the only one here, just like the other nights. It’s a lonely job, working at a cafe after dark. But this was the only position they were hiring, and she was desperate.

 

“Seulgi, I’ll leave the keys by the cash register,” her coworker, Jinwoo, waved goodbye as he exited out the shop. The girl named Seulgi sighed as she continued to sit at the chair next to the window, staring at the raindrops. What else was she supposed to do? There weren’t any customers anyway. She wished Jinwoo would have at least stayed behind and kept her company, but he had a girlfriend waiting at home (her name’s Irene, and she’s extremely pretty). On most days, Seulgi was left to play with herself.

 

Slowly, an hour passed by, and the cafe worker was passed out in her rain-watching-chair. Her head laid on the table, resting on her forearm. The rain began lightening up, the pitter-patter was especially soothing. Seulgi finally stirred awake when she heard the jingle of the bell signaling someone had walked in, along with the whoosh of the wind creating a draft in the room.

 

Seulgi raised her head, her eyes still shut as she stretched her arms above her head. She quickly checked the time -- a little past nine -- before standing up and smacking right into the customer.

 

“Oh gosh! I’m so sorry! I didn’t know you were there, I’m so-- are you okay?” Seulgi cried out in a state of panic as she saw the hooded figure kneel in pain, clutching their side. He -- at least, she assumed it was a he by the way they were dressed -- sat down in the previously occupied seat, letting out a low grunt.

 

“Is there any way I could help? Um, you’re here for some coffee, right? It’s on the house! Do you need an ice pack or…? Just tell me if you need anything,” Seulgi rambled on, cautiously patting his back because she had no idea what to do.

 

“I’ll get the first aid kit!” Seulgi abruptly ran into the employee’s room before the man could say anything. The pain was starting to subside. When she had arrived, the customer finally spoke.

 

“There’s no need for a first aid kit. I’ll be fine,” he reassured her. Seulgi stared at him wide-eyed, putting the kit on the table as she took the seat across from him.

 

“Y-you’re sure? I’m really sorry about this. Does it hurt?” The girl bit her lip nervously.

 

“Not anymore,” he chuckled. “Besides, it was an accident. There’s no need to be so apologetic.”

 

Seulgi merely nodded in response. She was finally able to get a good look of him. The man was wearing sunglasses, and his hood covered his head, his features barely visible in the dim-lighted cafe. She started to become uneasy. This guy was a very suspicious looking character. What if he was a burglar? That would explain why he would come to a cafe so late at night…

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter