x。collaboration

「 under the moonlight ☾」seulgi drabble requests
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

pairing: seulgi x taeyong (+ mark)

music: oh boy - red velvet

word count: 1327

 

“Guess what Taeyong hyung? I’m doing the stage with Seulgi noona! Isn’t that great?” Mark exclaimed as he entered the dorm. Taeyong widened his eyes and entered a coughing fit before calming down. He took a sip of water from the coffee table next to him as he nodded.

 

“Yeah, that’s great, Mark. I hope you guys do well. What exactly are you guys doing?”

 

“You know how I entered the finals, right? I wanted to make a nice stage, and I thought about who to collaborate with. Seulgi noona was the perfect match, so I asked her and she agreed to do it! We’re going to start practice tomorrow. If you want to come and give us some pointers, that would be awesome, hyung,” Mark beamed as he stood up from his spot on the sofa. “I’m going to bed now. Night.”

 

“Night,” Taeyong waved back to the younger member as he tried to process what he had said. Why didn’t Seulgi tell me? After some thought, he grabbed a jacket and told the managers he was going to practice -- which wasn’t a total lie. He was going to the practice rooms, just not for the reason that they thought he was.

 

When he reached the SM building, he was relieved to see that the practice room lights were on. She didn’t leave yet. He entered the room that he knew she would always go to during the late hours.

 

Without knocking, he entered and saw her, effortlessly dancing as beads of sweat formed on the sides of her face, her eyes never breaking concentration. That gaze alone was enough for Taeyong to get his heart racing. He cleared his throat as he leaned against the door with his arms crossed, hoodie and cap on as always. Seulgi recognized him immediately.

 

“What brings you here, Taeyonggie?” Seulgi wiped off the sweat with her forearm as she approached him, slowly trying to catch her breath.

 

“Why you?”

 

Seulgi looked at him in confusion, “What do you mean?”

 

“I mean, why you? Why couldn’t it be Irene or Wendy or Yeri? Why is it you?”

 

“I-I don’t know. Mark asked me, and of I course I had to say yes. What’s wrong with that?”

 

Taeyong sighed, “Nothing. I just...I thought I would be the first to collaborate with you.”

 

Seulgi let out a chuckle, “Are you jealous, Taeyonggie?”

 

“Me? Jealous of Mark? No! No way, why would I be jealous of him,” Taeyong babbled on as Seulgi took a few more steps closer to him.

 

“Are you sure you’re okay?” Seulgi gingerly held onto his arm as he gulped. His gaze lowered down to the floor, where he could see their sneakers touching each other.

 

“Y-yeah, I’m fine. Good night, Seulgi,” he quickly turned around and opened the door, almost sprinting down the hallway. He finally released the breath he had been holding and walked back to his dorm.

 

Taeyong took up on Mark’s offer and decided to sit through the duo’s practices. After the recording of the song, the dilemma was what concept the two should portray. Taeyong sat with his back against the mirror as he watched Seulgi in her super focused mode, listening to what the choreographer had to say. Mark just kept nodding to whatever

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter