x。tired (but still living)

「 under the moonlight ☾」seulgi drabble requests
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

pairing: seulgi x baekhyun

music: secret love song - little mix

word count: 1360

 

Seulgi is more tired than she has been in the past year. The schedules have been overwhelming, and she feels like the bags under her eyes would sag down to her cheekbones. Only getting, at most, 3 hours of sleep a day, Seulgi feels like her whole body is about to fall apart.

 

The Red Velvet stylists would dress her up, but she was just so so tired that she had to lean onto them for support. Her stylists would simultaneously shoot her a look of pity as they helped drag her to the makeup chair. Then, in a few hours, Seulgi would have to pretend she was bright and lovely and that nothing was wrong -- of course, there was always something wrong -- but all she had to do was flash smiles at all the cameras until the event is over. Be bright. Be happy. You’re a girl group member. And Seulgi knows that, she knows how much this is a dream come true and how lucky she was to be here. But it’s the pretending that makes her feel icky. The thing is, Seulgi has gotten so good at pretending that she doesn’t know which one is the real her anymore.

 

“Award shows are coming up! We’ll teach you the new choreographies for the dance breaks next week, so be prepared,” Red Velvet’s dance teacher announced. The five girls nodded and bowed as the instructor left the room. All the girls were sweaty, with hair stuck to their faces like seaweed. The sheen of sweat coated their whole body, leaving them sticky underneath their baggy clothes.

 

“Let’s go home and shower,” Wendy placed a towel around her neck. The other girls followed suit, packing up their things as they sleepily made their way to the door.

 

“You guys go ahead. I’m going to practice some more,” Seulgi gestured. The members nodded with Irene saying in her motherly tone to not work herself too hard. With the other girls gone, Seulgi took a look at the big empty practice room and sighed. All these years in this very practice room…

 

Seulgi danced. And danced and danced and danced. This is what she loved, this is what she wanted. But why don’t I feel happy? Her endless movements, sharp jerks, smooth footwork -- she showed it all despite how exhausted she was. She didn’t know who she was trying to prove her abilities to. Her fans? Her company? Herself?

 

It suddenly seemed silly. Why was she trying so hard without an audience? Why was she pushing her limit?

 

The sudden sound of applause caused Seulgi to stop and turn around. Her fellow labelmate, Baekhyun, stood by the door with an amused smile on his face, but his eyes said otherwise. His eyes were unreadable. A mixture of exhaustion and...hurt?

 

Seulgi stopped the music and watched as Baekhyun walked in, closing the door behind him. She had shut off half the lights, so she could barely make out the silhouette of him before he finally approached her.

 

“Baekhyun? What’s wrong?”

 

Seulgi stood frozen as Baekhyun rested his forehead on her left shoulder. “I’m so tired.”

 

She knew it was more than that. It was always more than that. But she also knew not to push him. He was under a lot of stress and pressure...they all were. So she lets him be.

 

It wasn’t until she felt the part on her shoulder get wet that she steps back. “Are you crying?” She whispers, as if her words could cut him.

 

“She doesn’t want me,” Baekhyun’s words almos

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter