Blossom

Leon/Neo Collection

Prompt: Royal! LeoN
Fem!Hakyeon

 

 

Taekwoon was 5 the first time he met her.

He was supposed to learn to ride a horse when he bumps into her. Both of them fall on their bum but the girl quickly gets on her feet and glare at him. She frowns as Taekwoon started to have tears at the brim of his eyes.

“Crowned Prince! Are you alright?”

Taekwoon looks at the court maid and he’s immediately crying.

“It’s hurt.”

One of the maids helps him to stand and the other one turns to the girl.

“Cha Hakyeon! Apologize at once!”

Taekwoon glance at the girl and she’s pouting before turn to him. She bow down to him and apologize but Taekwoon knew she mad at him because after that she turn on her heels and run.

 

******

 

Taekwoon blushed when the King asked him if he find someone that he wanted to be his future queen. He blushed because there is someone he thinking of. A beautiful girl he’s being grow up with. A sun kisses skin girl that becoming beautiful every passing year. The girl he risked to peek on when she was in her Hanbok and beautifully dancing to the music.

Cha Hakyeon, General Cha first daughter.

Taekwoon knew Hakyeon have her own reputation in the palace. She is good at study (though at that time girls are still not necessary need to learn but Hakyeon have her way), good at dancing, intelligence, and she is a good archer. Even the King and Queen seem fond of her.

But he is only 14 years old.

 

*******

 

Taekwoon didn’t know what to do right now. He is 16 and right now has married to Cha Hakyeon. He is surprise himself when the King told him that he had send dowry to General Cha’s household.  Everyone said not to worry because they are sure Hakyeon will be happy to marry him.

But, right now, his bride were hiding at the closet and crying under her veil. Taekwoon heart dropped as he sees his bride wipes her tears and sniffles. He crouches down and held her shoulder. He could feels her flinches and he know she’s holding her breath.

“Please stop crying, my wife.” He tried to soften his voice. He didn’t want her to be scare. Not to him.

“Get off the floor, my wife. It’s dirty.”

He holds out his hand. His bride hesitating at first but grab on his hand and let the Crowned Prince led her to the bed. He sat her and hand her his handkerchief.

“Why are you crying, my wife?”

He felt relieve when she took the handkerchief and wipe her tears with it. She sniffles before took a deep breath.  

“I’m not ready to be married, Crowned Prince.” Her voice small and shaky and Taekwoon thought she is different person than Cha Hakyeon he knew. The Hakyeon in front of him sounds so fragile and weak. Not the strong –willed, tough and cheerful girl she always been.

“Don’t worry my wife. I am not doing anything without your consent.”

The Crowned Prince wait for her reply but it never comes until she let out a nervous laugh.

“I did not mean that, Crowned Prince. What I mean is I am still wanted to explore, to learn.”

“Do you think you’ll be held back from doing so when you marrying me?”

Hakyeon nodded softly.

“You have my consent to do everything your way. You will learn how to fight if you want to.”

“But, I am sure the King and the Queen wouldn’t like it to have their future grandchild’s mother doing something against the norms.”

The Crowned Prince chuckles at that. He holds on her hand and squeezes it lightly before asking her permission to take off her veil.

“I believe in you.”

******

 

They are 18 when Taekwoon take in his first concubine. He is against it but the King and the Queen insist saying that it is how a King looks upon aside his way of ruling. The Crowned Prince insisted the idea of taking concubines for the sake of fame is ridiculous especially while Hakyeon is heavy with their first child.

“It’s alright, Crowned Prince.” Was the beautiful wife says while rubbing her swollen belly.

“Then, please choose one for me.” The Crowned Prince mean good but he missed the pain on her face. Alas, the wife is a mere wife and she did choose one for the Crowned Prince with heartthrob.

She told the Crowned Prince the Princess of North is what she had on her mind. She knew her well and had few classes together. She taught the Princess how to archer and she believe the Princess is the best choice.

 

*******

 

The Crowned Prince finally becoming the King at the age 35. Nineteen years of consummating his Queen, they have five Princesses as well as the other concubines. The King’s mother has been worried about the matter.

“My King, you may have 20 children but it almost meant nothing if there no Prince.”

Taekwoon brush his temple because he is tired of his mother keep bringing up this matter. The King did agree that he in need a Prince to heir his throne but he is positive that the child his Queen carrying is a Prince.

“Why don’t you take in another concubine? I know someone. She is the only daughter and has 6 brothers.”

“Mama, I am sorry but I don’t think that is a good idea. I have a Queen and 12 concubines but they are all giving me daughters. What makes you think another one will make a difference?”

Before his mother could speak another word, the King told her that he need to rest. His mother grits his teeth but did not speak another word and let the King resting.

 

*******

 

The chaos happens when rumors about Hakyeon’s pregnancy spread around the palace and Hakyeon was called to the palace’s court immediately.

“My Queen, is it true what have I heard?”

Taekwoon started. A frown ceased on his forehead.

Hakyeon rubs her 8 month belly before shook her head. She looks so calm.

“I did not do such filthy thing like that, Your Highness.”

Once again Taekwoon frowned. He calls one of the guards Hakyeon known so well. She has been offering help for his family since he was just 15 and she recommended him to be the palace guard as soon as he is 18.

“Tell me your confession.”

The guard nods his head and glance up at Hakyeon. His jaw moves as he is gritting his teeth.

“Her Highness and I, we have infidelity and I believe the child is mine.”

Taekwoon looks back at his queen and found that she is surprisingly too calm. A second ago, he really believe everything is just a rumors, a slander to take his queen down but to see her too calm about the accusation made him have a doubt because he seen all those people accuse for something they did not do and all of them begging and crying to prove them innocent but his wife, his own queen did nothing to prove her.

He hears confession from both parties and few witnesses saying they have seen the Queen and the guard meeting up a few times.  The King took a deep breath to take everything in because all the witnesses and confession did not siding the Queen.

“What is your last argument, My Queen?” He asked, straightened his posture.

“What else could I say Your Highness, and what justice can it give me?”

“Is that your confession, Queen?”

“I did not confess to the false accusation.”

“Then, why don’t you try harder to prove your innocence?”

He hears Hakyeon letting out a soft sigh. The King feels his heart clenching painfully when Hakyeon looking down. She runs her hand across her swollen belly and sighs again.

“If my own husband did not believe me, to whom am I trying to convince?”

For once, Taekwoon wanted to run down and bring his queen into his arms and secure her that he believes in her but one look from his mother made him held back the urge and turn his face.

“Imprison them until further investigation.”

The King had to bit his lips as he looking at her back, dragged to the prison he knew is not a place for any human especially his queen is carrying but he has to do it. He has to show that he is a ruler with no boundary whether it is his queen or a peasant.

 

********

Taekwoon is looking into his queen’s eyes. He tried to search anything he could make his decision easier but all he could find was look of disappointed and betrayal. Slowly, his queen turns her head away and scoot closer to the wall.

“Your punishment will be executes tomorrow. Did you have anything you would like to eat? I, myself will look it for you.”

The King tries to have Hakyeon at least talk to him but she only shook her head and asked whether her children will be taken care off. He tells her not to think about that because the Princesses are his children as well.

“Please take care of my children and if you could spare this child in my belly, I am appreciating it.”

“That child is a forbidden child. Thus, it won’t be spare.”

Once he said it, he hears soft sobs before he hear her wailing. He balled his fist behind his back before turn on his heel.

“Make sure she eat properly and give her anything she is craving!”

********

The next day, during a full moon, Hakyeon was tied up on a tree branch. A chair was put under her feet. The King had frown on his forehead. The Queen has asked for her punishment to be done only in front of the King and few witnesses.

Taekwoon felt his heart clenching painfully. He has to hit his own chest to ease the pain but it only worsens as Hakyeon looks into his eyes.

“Is there any last word?”

He sees her took a deep breath.

“If I am innocence, if this child I am carrying was innocence, if I am punished for something I did not do, I am cursing all of you, the emperor, the land, whoever slanders my innocent self there will no heir to the throne if it is not a prince from my womb. I’m cursing all of you.”

It was calm, soft but vengeful before she was pull up and left hanging to dead. Taekwoon stood there for a few second, crying silently for his queen before turns on his heels. He orders all of them leave at once and to get her body the next morning.

But, it causes another chaos when the guard comeback for the next day to get her body, there is a dead baby boy covered in blood and ant on the ground.

Right under her bloody feet.

And for the next 10 years, the King had more than 30 Princesses and he refuse to have another child and concubines and the King’s health slowly dropped from loneliness from the day his Queen death.

********

Seungyeon could not help the smiles creeps on her face as she stares at the 10 years old boy in front of her. The boy eating the lunch she prepared with all manners she has taught him. She glad the boy grew up properly both manner and education.

She never regrets bringing up someone not hers. That is never matter as long as she could keep her promises.

“Son, “She calls. She brushes his long hair before kissing him lovingly.

“…no matter how long it takes you has to get back what is yours.”

The boy tilts his head confusedly but Seungyeon only laugh it off before urge him to eat more before he’s going to his archery school.

When her son waves her goodbye, she let out a soft sigh. She fishes out something from her pocket and grip at the green jade she’s been keeping from years ago. She kisses it once as she feels tears down her cheeks.

“Do not worry, my Queen, I’ll make sure your prince and the only heir of the throne get what he deserve.”

 

Words Count: 2022

A/N: I’m not good with royal slang, so, I am sorry if this is linguistically incorrect.