Sarang

Leon/Neo Collection

 

Warning! MPreg, Late 40's Pregnancy

For suriririn

 

 

Taekwoon was working on his new song when his phone rang loudly. He plans on ignoring the calls like he always do when he’s working but as he glance at the digital clock on the wall he quickly pick up the phone.

“Appa, Omma fainted, we’re taking him to the hospital.”

Taekwoon frowns as his eldest son, Jaehwan, sounds panic.

“Go ahead but be careful, I’ll meet you there.”

Taekwoon quickly save his composed song on his thumb drive before packs his things and hurried to the hospital.

 

********

 

Taekwoon married Hakyeon when both of them were 23 as Hakyeon was pregnant with Jaehwan. They had a family planning after Jaehwan was born since both of them haven’t get a stable job as Hakyeon just got his license as a professional dance instructor while Taekwoon still a junior composer in a company. 

They struggling for few years and had their up and down during their first 6 years of marriage before they had twin named Wonshik and Hongbin which was an unplanned pregnancy on their 7th years of marriage.

They had another son, Sanghyuk, when both of them 39 years old which Hakyeon sulking for few days when he got the news because he had a competition the day he was found fainting on the floor but later on crying for days for even thinking that his precious gift was the reason he couldn’t win the competition.

They thought Hyuk was the last one but they were surprised to be told that Hakyeon was pregnant again. Taekwoon still remember Hakyeon’s face when their doctor told them the news.

“I’m 47 years old! I can’t be pregnant at this age!” The doctor smiles warmly and listen patiently to Hakyeon rambles before she told them the ‘Do’s’ and don’ts and nicely let them know the risk of having a baby on their 40’s.

Taekwoon can’t forget how his sons face to the news as well especially his 24 years old eldest son, Jaehwan. He had his jaw dropped and his brows knitted together before he groans.

“Dad, you should learn how to use protection.”

 

******

 

Taekwoon couldn’t help it but chuckles as he sees Hakyeon standing in front of mirror. He has been turns and checks himself out for hours. Sometimes he would touch his face and another times he check his belly. His stomach starting to shows as he enters 27 weeks.

“Taekwoon, do I look fat? I think I am.”

Taekwoon walks over to his husband and wrapped his arm around Hakyeon waist. He turns both of them towards the mirror and stares at it for good few seconds before kiss on Hakyeon cheeks.

“You’re pregnant, Hakyeon.”

Hakyeon huffed at his response but let his husband snuggles on his neck.

“I know but I don’t remember being this fat when I have the twin.”

Taekwoon let out low rumbles of chuckles and quickly turn Hakyeon to face him.

“No matter how big you’re going to be, you’ll always look beautiful to me.” Hakyeon’s hand seems work faster than his mouth as he reaches Taekwoon cheeks and pinch it and both of them can’t help but laughing because both of them have red face from the cheesy words.

 

*******

 

Hakyeon hears soft sniffles as he opens his eyes and meet Hyuk’s red eyes. His 12 years old son quickly reaching out for him and hugs him tight.

“What’s wrong, Hyuk?”

He tried to asked but his throat feels dry and he let out a fit of coughing before Hyuk get a glass of water for him. He finally realizes that he was in the hospital from all the white color on the walls and the drips on his side.

“Appa is on his way with Wonsik hyung and Hongbin hyung, Jaehwan hyung buy something to eat.”

 Hyuk explain after Hakyeon put down the glass. Hakyeon smiles weakly and notices the tears streaming down on his youngest son.

“What’s wrong?”

“Omma, don’t leave me! Don’t die, okay.”

“Hey, what’s wrong? Of course I’m not leaving you.”

“I just got home and found you in the bathroom. Blood was everywhere. You’re not responds to me at all! I’m scared!”

Hakyeon quickly pulls Hyuk into his embrace, thing Hyuk usually hate, and hush his baby and make a space so Hyuk would fit in the bed though his 7 and half months swollen belly prevent him from hug Hyuk tighter.

“I’m sorry. I wasn’t careful.” He said as he shed the tears of Hyuk’s face.

“You’re awake?”

Hakyeon turns to the door as his doctor came in followed by Jaehwan and Taekwoon. He let go of Hyuk and told his youngest son that he will be fine as Hyuk seems reluctant to let him go. Jaehwan bring his brother outside while Taekwoon stays and the doctor start to examine him.

“As I’ve told your husband before, you’re fine. However, as seeing into your case I have to say that you’re showing symptoms of preeclampsia and if we didn’t do anything about it, would be risking you and especially your baby.”

Hakyeon feels Taekwoon grips on his hand tighten. “What’s the option?”

“You have to give birth earlier than your due date.”

“Do it!”

Hakyeon sees the doctor took a deep breath before she continues.

“I’ll explain the risk then please think about it.”

 

*********

 

The night of the operation, Hakyeon asked to see his sons. He looks into their eyes and pulls them into his embrace.

“I’m sorry that I have to worries you guys but if anything happen to me, please take a good care of your Appa. Stop bullying him, especially you, Hyuk.”

Wonsik was the first to tears up and hugging Hakyeon tightly.

“You’re going to be okay, Omma. Have a safe delivery and bring our sister home.”

Hongbin’s eyes were red but he did not crying but he manage to kiss Hakyeon on his cheek before turns around. Taekwoon was the last one Hakyeon sees before he was push into the operation room.

Taekwoon stares at the door while praying for both his husband and his unborn child safety. He swears he would give his soul if that would assure his family safety. He turns to his side and sees his and Hakyeon’s parent. They just arrive a few minute after Hakyeon went inside. They give him assurance smile.

He took a deep breath before turn to his sons. He looks at each and every one of them. He feels strong again as his son hold each other hand and pray for their mother.

“Please, please be safe, Hakyeon. Please be safe, Sarang.”

 

 

 

 

A/N: Dear suriririn, I’m sorry if this is not fulfill your request, however, this is the best I could do. I’ll do better in the future.

 

Oh, I remember reading somewhere that Taekwoon would like to name his daughter Jung Sarang.