Broken heart

Leon/Neo Collection

                                  Prompt: angsty

       Warning: mpreg

 

 

 

 

He smiles as he looks at the pregnancy test on his hand. Two sticks and both are positives. He smiles wider at the thought of starting a family with his boyfriend. 

"I'm home." 

"Welcome home!" He greets. He helps his boyfriend took off his coat and lead him towards their favorite cuddly couch. 

"I have surprise for you." 

His boyfriend raises an eyebrow. The smiles he had never falter. His boyfriend pulls him closer and kiss on his temple. 

"And what is the surprise?" 

He smiles wider before pushing the pregnancy test onto his boyfriend's chest. 

"I'm pregnant!" 

And he wish he could turn back times when his boyfriend quickly throw the pregnancy test and grip his shoulder painfully. 

"I don't want it. It gone or I'll leave." 

 

                                         ******

 

 

A pretty man were sitting on a chair in front of a mini make up table in his daughter's room. Happily sing his daughter favorite song from Moana while his hands expertly doing her hair. He decided to tie his daughter silky hair in half u and half down before he choose two Moana's hairpins and clip it on her hair. 

"We're done." He said. Softly patting his daughter shoulder long hair. His five years old daughter check herself on the mirror before turns around and hugging her favorite person. 

"Thank you, Umma." 

Hakyeon, the Umma, can't help but cooing at her before planting lots of kisses on her chubby cheeks. 

"My Sarangie.  My baby Sarangie. Don't grow up, k." 

He tickles her before scooping her up and went down to the kitchen where his husband are busy cooking for their breakfast. 

"We're ready!" He announce. Carefully putting Sarang on her feet and padded to his husband. Je slowly wraps his arms around his husband waist and kissed on his nape. 

"Smells good, Taekwoonie. You and the pancakes." He said, sneakily pinching on his husband . Reminding both of them about their steamy night. 

Taekwoon let out a soft gasp before glaring at Hakyeon. He flip the last pancake before put it on a plate. 

" Here." He said and went ahead to bring coffee and milk. 

" good morning, Sarangie. Ready for school?" 

"Good morning, Appa. Yes, yes, yes! I can't wait to see Jangmi and Hyeyeon!!" 

It makes both Hakyeon and Taekwoon to chuckles before Taekwoon kiss on top of Sarang head and put three pancakes and few strawberries, cutted banana and mapple syrup for her. 

He feels a hand sneak around his waist before his husband whining behind him. 

"Wait about me? Where is my kisses and pancakes. Daegunie, hey, Daegunie" 

 

                                          *********

 

 

The three of them walk hands in hands as their destination is on the same way. The parent are feeling lucky to find a kindergarten so close to their house and also their workplace. They do have cars of their own but it mostly used if they have works out of their regional or on their family weekend outing. 

They first drop Sarang at her school. However, Taekwoon does not want to stay for long because the teachers always oogling his husband. Especially a certain male teacher, so he quickly waves Sarang a goodbye after making sure she's get inside safely before quickly dragging his husband.

He hears his husband chuckling as Hakyeon leans into his arms and tighten their hold. 

"You know I only sees you, right?"

Taekwoon pouts. He knows that. But, he can't help it. Although they have been married for 5 years, and both of them are on their 30's, he couldn't help it. His husband is an ethereal beauty. No one can resist a Cha Hakyeon.

 

                                             ****

      

It was  Sunday morning. Taekwoon busy preparing breakfast. Their precious daughter still sleeping soundly in her room. 

"Taekwoonie!" 

Taekwoon turns on his feet just in time to catch his husband on his arms. Hakyeon burried his face in the crook of Taekwoon neck and sobbing. 

"We made it!" Hakyeon sobs. Showing four sticks of pregnancy test. 

"Taekwoonie, we made it! I'm pregnant!" 

Feeling lack of response, Hakyeon wipes the tears off his face. He is looking for the reaction but nothing. 

"Taekw-" 

"No!" 

Hakyeon startles as Taekwoon turn around, turn off the stove and harshly pulls off the Hello Kitty apron and throw it on the kitchen table. 

"What do you mean?" 

"Hakyeon! We've discussed this! Even before we're married" 

To say Hakyeon is taken aback at the rises of his husband voice is understatement. He frowns. 

"But that was 5 years ago."

Taekwwon grits his teeth. "You promise to be Sarang's mother."

"and I did! That's what she's been calling me. For FIVE years."

Taekwoon took a deep breath. Trying to not getting angrier. He grabs on Hakyeon hands and grasp it. 

"You said, we won't having a baby. You said, Sarang is enough! You said, if I'm not ready, we are not having a baby! You're a liar!" 

Hakyeon raises his hand and slaps his husband right on his face. His eyes wides in shock. 

"I don't want it. I don't want it!!" 

Taekwoon shouts as he shoves Hakyeon aside and runs to their bedroom. Locking the door as he wipes the tears running down his cheeks. 

 

                                          ******

 

Hakyeon stares blankly at the sight in front of him. His husband happily feeding their daughter while there is nothing for him for breakfirst. No orange juice on his glass nor toast on his plate. 

"As long as you still having it, make your own food." 

Is what his husband said. Never in his life, he feels this disappointed toward his husband. Like, he has always been a good husband and reaponsible to both of his family but it is all gone for this one simple reason. 

Hakyeon mind racing back 5years ago. 

​​​​​​" Please promise me, we won't have another child until I'm ready. Or at least until Sarang is 5."

He remember taking Taekwoon hands and made that promise. He took Taekwoon hands eventhough his parent disowned him. Without him realizes, tears streaming down his cheeks. 

 

 

                                      *******

 

It's been two month since. Their marriage becoming colder and colder. Hakyeon stop eating at home. Always busying himself in his studio until late at night. But still makes time for Sarang. 

They even go separate way after waving goodbye to Sarang. Sometimes Hakyeon would move two steps ahead, sometimes it was Taekwoon. 

Taekwoon don't even know Hakyeon are scheduled to fly to Thailand until two days after that. If it wasn't a video call for Sarang. 

Their calls always started with simple text. 

'Phone. Sarang.' 

And after Hakyeon spends talking to Sarang, the phone always handed back to him blank screen.

Weeks goes on like that until one day, Hakyeon texted him to give phone to Sarang. Sarang nestle on his chest before answering the phone. 

Taekwoon help Sarang holding the phone since his daughter in the mood of snuggling. He sees Hakyeon face in the screen and his heart immediately clenching at the sight. 

He could see his usually beautiful handsome husband looks so pale. His caramel skin lost it color and did not shine like it's always does and his voice sounded small and sad. 

"Goodnight baby. I love you." 

Taekwoon did not sure if he hear it right but he could heard his husband voice shaking. As if he waited until they hung up before burst into tears. 

 

                                 *********

 

Taekwoon sit in front of television. Staring blankly as his mind racing back a few hour before.

He was finishing his song when Wonshik as known as Ravi (his label mate) knock on his work room. The young man invited himself and make himself comfortable on Taekwoon small fluffy sofa. 

"I heard what happen." 

He started. Looking nochalantly to Taekwoon. 

Taekwoon stopped from what he is doing and turn around. He raises one eyebrows. 

"Jaehwanie told me you have been an . You told Hakyeon hyung to abort his baby." 

Taekwoon took a deep breath before rolling his eyes. 

"That's none of your business." 

Wonshik shook his head softly.

"Hyung, Hakyeon hyung is like a family to me. He is the reason why I'm still here. You know that. You know how much he mean for me and Jaehwanie." 

Taekwoon sighs. 

"Okay, I'm sorry. But he should know that I wasn't ready. I'm scared. I'm afraid if we have a new baby, Hakyeon would not love Sarang as much." 

"Hyung, you out of all people should know it better. Hakyeon hyung is full of loves. He won't change just because he got his own baby."

Taekwoon flick his tongue. 

"I wasn't ready for a baby. He should know that! It is not like I didn't want one with him. Just not now." 

Ravi straighten his back. He frowning before stood up. 

"Did you realize you sounded like your bastard ex boyfriend." 

Taekwoon stood up abruptly. Almost punching the younger man in his face. 

"At least, when that happen to you, Hakyeon hyung was there and going through it with you. But he have no one to leans on." 

That got him thinking. 

 

                                    *********

5 years ago. 

"Hey." Taekwoon said the next morning after they fighting. His boyfriend went out and return at 6 in the morning. Pretending like he did not see Taekwoon sleeping uncomfortably in their couch. 

But, his boyfriend ignoring him. He went straight to their bedroom and close the door loudly. Taekwoon feels his heart clenching but decided to follow his boyfriend. 

He stand there after closing the door. Panicking as his boyfriend shoving his clothes into a small bag. 

"until it's gone, I'm not coming back." 

Taekwoon panics. He tries to hold his boyfriend but was pushed back and almost slipping. He slumps down on the floor. He tries to think but nothing comes up with his messy mind.

He slowly crawl to the side of his bed and reach for his phone. He dials the number he always remember without even looking. 

"Hakyeon-ah, help me." 

 

                                   ********

Taekwoon decided to calls Hakyeon that night. It took him few attempts before Hakyeon pickup his phone. However, both of them keep silence and Taekwoon feels awkward. 

"Hakyeon-ie." 

"I thought Sarang wants to talk to me." 

Taekwoon feels his heart clenches. Never did he thought Hakyeon would sound this cold. 

"No, it's me. I-" 

Without a second thought, his husband hung up. A few second later, he is texting him. 

'If it wasn't Sarang, don't call.'

Pain. His heart feels like je is stabs with hundreds knives. So much he think he's going to cry.

'By the way, I'm staying at my friend's. Maybe not coming back. I can be Sarang' s Umma but I don't want to be your husband anymore. Unless it is about Sarang, if I don't contact you, don't contact me.'

Taekwoon tries to calls Hakyeon several times after that. But his phone always directed to voicemail. He groans in frustration.

 

                                         ******,

Taekwoon realize how much he' s been missing Hakyeon two after the last time he tries to call Hakyeon. He starts to feels empty everytimes he needed to head home. If it wasn't for Sarang, he probably stay at his work room than the cold place he calls home.

He feels even lonely whenever his daughter would excitedly woke up and padded toward his room calling for her Umma but drop her smiles whenever she could not find him.

So, he decided to wait for Hakyeon at his studio. Though for the past month he could not even found his husband silhouette.

"Mr. Jung?"

Taekwoon turns around as someone calls for him. A woman around his age looking at him while smiling. 

"What are you doing here?"

Taekwoon bows in respect as he did not remember seeing her face.

"I'm waiting for Hakyeon." 

Her face changes as she looks confuse. 

"You're Jung Taekwoon, right?“

Taekwoon nodded his head enthusiastically.

"He... He didn't work here after his miscarriaged.. Oh! He haven't told you, isn't he?"

Taekwoon slumps his shoulder. 

"W-when was it?"

"uh..two month ago? I think it was when we went to Thailand."

Taekwoon gasped. He remembered when Hakyeon video call with Sarang. His heart thumps erratically. What did he done. No wonder he couldn't find him.

"Do you.. Do you know his new work place?"

 

                                 ********

 

Taekwoon stood at the entrance of a building as he waiting for Hakyeon. He taps his feet as he waiting. He glance around the place. It wasn't too far from Hakyeon previous studio.

He stand up as he sees a fimiliar figure walking out the studio. His heart clenches painfully. His husband looks so pale. His frame looks thinner than the last time he saw him. His chubby cheeks no longer there. And eventhough he were smiling, it did not reach his eyes. 

"Hakyeonie." 

He sees the suprises on Hakyeon eyes. His husband quickly padded towards him, leaving his bag behind. 

"Did something happens to Sarang? Is she okay?"

Tears breaming down Taekwoon face. How could he hurt this man. How could he hurts the person who accepting his extra baggage without a second thought. 

"Hakyeonie, I'm so sorry." 

"What?! Tell me! Is Sarang okay? What happened to her?!"

Taekwoon pulls Hakyeon into his arms and held his husband small body tightly. 

"She's alright. B-but I... I want to apologise to you. Please forgive me. I was stupid. I never considered your feelings. I... I'm selfish. Please forgive me."

Hakyeon froze in his arms. Not saying a word before slowly pushes Taekwoon away. His face looks cold. 

" It's okay."

"No! No it is not. Why didn't you tell me. Why didn't you tell me we lost our baby?"

Hakyeon sighs. He turns around and pick up his bag. 

"It's not your concern. Now, if you excuse me." 

"Hakyeon..I-"

Hakyeon raises his hand stopping Taekwoon from talking further. 

"I've told you, don't contact me unless it's about Sarang. You don't have to worry. I did visited Sarang every time I could. But enough is enough. I can 't look at your face. So please... Leave me alone."

Taekwoon quickly grab on Hakyeon wrist. Holding his husband hands tightly. 

" Hakyeon please. I' m so sorry. "

" Jung Taekwoon... "

Hakyeon pulls his hand away from Taekwoon. 

"... You never cared about my baby since the beginning. You wanted my baby gone. So now it is gone. Please.. Please let me heals all these wound. Stop pretending you care now because looking at your face hurts me."

Taekwoon clutches his chest as he sees Hakyeon retreating back. Knowing full well he won't getting his husband back.

" I'm... Sorry. "

 

A/n: Hi. This one took me a year to finish. And still it is unsatisfactory for me. Anyways. Thank you for those who still waiting for an update.