[11 ☆]

The Exotic Warrior
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

After hearing his voice IU turned around slowly and carefully. When her eyes met Soohyun’s, she took a small step back to secure her safety. “O-oh I’m sorry, I didn’t see you there.” She quickly apologized, having been caught by someone who may have lived there.

“Aren’t you Princess Lee Jieun?” Soohyun asked, but the look on the woman’s face showed that she wasn’t about to answer any questions of his. She seemed more focus on what he was about to do next whether than listening to what he has to say. Soohyun stood his ground and stared at the woman instead until she lighten up. “Don’t worry I’m not a bad guy.”

“Pardon?” IU slipped the question in between Soohyun’s words.

“I came to find you and return you to the palace. His majesty may be waiting for you.”

“His majesty?” IU asked as if she didn’t hear him the first time.

“Yes, your highness.”

IU pushed her hair back, behind her ear, and looked as surprised as ever. “H-highness?” Soohyun quickly got onto his knees and lowered his head.

“Your highness please come back with me. His majesty may be in trouble now if you don’t return with me and—”

“S-stop. W-why are you doing this? Who are you?” IU asked out of reflex when he was starting to scare her.

“I apologize, I am Warrior Kim Soohyun your highness. His majesty sent me—”

“Soohyun.” Gain called from the side, catching both IU and Soohyun’s attention. IU took small steps back before Gain got any closer to them. Gain then looked at IU who greeted her with a silent nod. “You’re IU right?” Gain asked.

“Yes….”

“You know who I am right?”

“Y-yes….You’re President Yoo’s wife….”

“Then, do you know who this man is?” Gain asked, to test IU. But she only bit her lips and shook her head. “Would you believe me if I told you that you’re not of this time, IU?” Gain asked, suddenly sounding very bold. Maybe she was tired of keeping Soohyun around. Maybe she didn’t like that Seungho, her husband, said he and IU were an item. Maybe she was just in a bad mood.

“Eh?”

“You’re not from this time period IU, you’re a runaway princess from the 1700s.” Gain explained.

But before anyone could continue, Seungho stepped in between the whole crew to face Gain and Soohyun. “What are you saying? Why are you spouting fiction as an adult? Has keeping you indoors drove you insane?”  

“You know nothing about this and you wouldn’t believe me even if I tell you the whole story. But your artist, IU is not an artist. She’s a Princess from the past—”

“How did you know that?” Seungho asked. He was boiling with questions from within but he was trying his hardest not to show it. He was very confused as to how anyone else would know about IU. How did Gain, his wife, know about a princess who may have timed travel into the future?

“Because—” Gain was about to answer but Soohyun stood up and cut her off instead.

“There is no mistake that IU is our princess, Lee Jieun. They lookalike and since time has brought me here, that means her highness would be here too.” Soohyun said with eager yet calmness in his tone.

Seungho smirked a little. “You must be mentally messed up if you believe what this man is saying.” Seungho’s words was directed at Gain. “In what world does time traveling exist? Also, isn’t it obvious that some people may lookalike? Is IU a princess now just because she looked like one? Who are you trying to fool—”

“Yoo Seungho, you—”

“Unless you have proofs that IU is a runaway princess from the 700s then I’ll believe you. Otherwise you need to get a check up. You and this man.” Seungho said looking into Soohyun’s eyes. Then he turned around and noticed how IU was drowned in confusion. Her eyes were on the grass before her and she was completely lost from their conversation. None of it made any sense. In fact, why would Seungho’s wife make up such an insane story? IU wasn’t sure, but something felt right in her words. “Let’s go.”

“Wait.” Soohyun said. “I may have something that I can prove to you that I am telling the truth.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter