Chapter 8: Thank You

Let's Do It Here

Kim Ah Young's POV


Few days had clearly passed. I'm just thankful there is no bullying happened to me though I still can't get rid of their stares. I hope I can live peacefully from now on. I had friends too, Jimin and Chanmi, they say Seunghyub told them that I have no friends 'coz of my personality but they say they can handle it. I don't think I can handle them, they're so hyper and loud! They are curious about every single thing on earth so they keep asking me those and that.


Today, I got home by myself, Seunghyub is not around so I think he's with his friends getting busy. I prepared dinner to kill my boredom. Until, one hour had clearly passed, and he's not yet home. "It's seven and he's still not here." I dialed his number on our home telephone and he's not picking up. One more hour. "Dang!" I turned the TV off and about to go out when someone rang the doorbell. I opened the door and it's my brother with bruises on his face.


"What happened to you?!" I asked worrying. I also notice the motorcycle who drives him home. "I got into a fight obviously." he answered lying down on the sofa. "Seriously, why did you got into a fight?" I asked again. "Secret! Puhahaha." Okay? What was that?

 

"Is this some kind of your joke Seunghyub?" ; "No Ah Young! Let's just eat, I'm hungry." He flipped the plate on the dining table and started to eat, I got no choice to join him as well. And before I forgot, I saw a guy on a motorcycle and it seems like he's the one who brought this brat home. "Who's the guy who brought you home?" I asked while eating my own kimchi stew. "Hmmm? The guy in the motorcycle?" ; "No! The guy in the spaceship." I sarcastically answered again. It's funny right? "Hahaha! It's Jong Hyun-hyung."

 

WHAT? AM I HEARING IT RIGHT? "Jong Hyun?" ; "Uhuh, the guy you hate the most." he answered while munching the food on his mouth. "Yah! Why?" Sohe got into a fight with him?! "He helped me so he gave me a ride. And see, he's nice after all. He knows that I'm your brother so he back me up." Then, should I thank him because he save my brother? Of course Ah Young!! You stupid girl.


"Just clean your face after eating, I'll do the dishes for you." Well, he's assigned to do the dishes every thursday, but for now, it's on me. "Yes!" he exclaimed in happiness. I finished the dishes and lock all the windows and doors. It's raining hard outside. I turn off the lights and sleep. "Ah Young....." Is it on my dream or someone is calling my name in the middle of the night? "Noona, can I sleep with you?" So it's my brother. I nodded and go on the right side of my bed so he can lay on the other side.


"You're acting cool in school but you're afraid of thunderstorms and ended up sleeping beside your sister." I said in my sleepy voice. "Just shut up.Seunghyub is still child at heart that's why he's still my baby brother. Let me tell you a story why's he acting like this.


Seven years ago, he was 8 and I was 11 years old. We are happily playing on his room when an outsider barged into our house. Our father ran towards us and help us hide. It's obviously a bad guy. We heard vases cracking on the living room and we both started crying. I put my hands on both of his ears but he still heard a loud bang downstairs. We both ran there and saw dad, lying on the floor, the bad guy was holding a gun and he put it on my head, threatening me then he ran afterwards. We hugged our dad for almost an hour having no rescue. And it makes it more tragic because of the storm.


He's undergone a theraphy for two years, it was really a traumatic childhood for us. The justice is still haven't served for us and his death. Afterall, we decided to move on and keep going on our life, he became happier now, he got a lots of friends and manage to be as cheerful as he can. And I fail to do that. 


**


I'm planning to have a visit to that jerk to pay some thanks to him. Walking onto the third floor is really, tiring. "Do you know where's Jong Hyun?" I asked one of the girls on his class. "Why are you looking for him?" She asked back. She answered a question with a question. Great! "Nevermind." I said going back but she stopped me. Maybe I asked the wrong girl. 

 

"So you're Kim Ah Young? The one who confessed to my....... boyfriend." She's Kang Joon's girlfriend?!!!!!!!!!!!! Iww. "So what?" I raised an eyebrow to her. "You , how dare you answer me like that!" then she pulled my hair. That's ouch. Is she a queen or something who owns a title for me not to answer her like that? I think she's just an ordinary, well, some ty girl in this campus. I held her hand to stop her but she just pull harder. I feel like my hair is going to let go of my scalp. Warfreak. 

 

"Let go!!"


"You're into Kang Joon before and now you're looking for Jong Hyun-ssi!"


"I said let go!" No one should mess with me but that's only in my class where I can rule them but on others, I can't even fight back. They still have the guts to hurt and fight with me! Ugh! I pushed her with all my strength so she fell onto the floor. "Oops. Sorry." I, then, fix my hair and decided to go back to my room but, the worst, she held the edge of my skirt and, the next thing I saw, it's my cycling shorts.


O.o


I panicked. Everyone is watching and she's laughing, they're taking pictures and damn I can't even make a move to help myself. I'm still in a state of shock until I heard someone's voice. I looked up and it's Hong Jong Hyun. He take off his coat in front of me and put it on my thighs. "Stand up now." He gently offers his hand. I shook my head in response. I can't stand in this situation, there's no force that can gather my bones to stand.

 

"Aish!" He lowers down and carry me. "Yah! Why are you carrying me! Put me down!" I shouted to him with a not so loud voice. Seeing everyone's reaction made me more embarrassed. "Don't be shy. It's the second time but gods, I didn't know you're really heavy." Instead of being more angry, I can only accept it because it's true. I'm weighing 55kg!


"Thanks." I shyly said. "You owe me big time." and a curve was made on his lips.

 

 

-namirelle-