Chapter 20

Let's Do It Here

Let’s Do It Here

 

Ahyoung’s POV

 

I never thought resting could be this boring. After what happened in the boot camp, they sent me home a day earlier than the others. My teammates could never be very happy than knowing that I’m no longer their team leader, Jong Hyun to replace me. I can see their sparkling eyes and heart-shaped lips being commanded by that guy. Speaking of him, I can’t still get over with his face while he was rescuing me from fear. His face is still on my mind and I can’t take it off.

Noona, you have a visitor.” Seunghyub patted me on my shoulder, interrupting my moment. I have a visitor? I’m not expecting anyone since I really don’t expect someone. I gather all my bones to stand from the sofa and check who would it be.

 

Gyu.” I called out his name with not so loud voice. He turned his face with a grin on his lips. “What is it? I thought you have an appointment today?”

 

This is my appointment Ahyoungie.” Gyu answered while handing me the basket of fruits he came with. What’s with this guy? He’s a bit something since I got home. When I gained my consciousness because of what happened, he was packing all my things and even insisted to take me home. Of course I did not let him but my phone didn’t stop beeping because of his texts. It’s annoying for me, I feel a bit new because no one texted and cared for me (except Seunghyub and Mom). About Jonghyun, I haven’t heard of him since that day and I’m coping with it. I still need to put the distance from him. “Can I come in?” He asked.

I finally realized that we’ve been standing here for minutes and I was just staring at him, his get-up today and his look. He’s becoming more handsome than ever.

Tell me, why are you really here?” I asked while we’re walking by the living room. I guess I have to introduce him to my mother. “Mom!” I called out for her and she showed up with bubbles in her hands. She’s doing the laundry I guess.

“Oh, I see you got another friend.. Hi, I’m Minerva, mother of these two brats. Please to meet you.” My mom greeted him. And yes, she’s polite in nature. Really polite so you can never blame me if I’m polite too.

“No Ma’am, I’m pleased to meet you. I’m Gyu, her best friend.” He replied and I got so shocked to hear that part on how he introduced himself, my best friend. I immediately saw a smile drawn from my mother’s lips, I also saw Seunghyub nodding, there’s acceptance on his face. I guess he doesn’t have to make false judgement on who is Gyu in my life.

 

*ding dong*

 

Everyone looked at each other once we heard the doorbell rang. Another visitor? What is it so unusual today?

“Seunghyub? Is Chanmi and Jimin coming over today?” Mom asked Seunghyub who’s standing beside the kitchen counter. “Ahyoung? Are you expecting another visitor?” She then, turned to me. I shook my head. I don’t even know someone will come see me.

I walked out from the kitchen to open the gate and see who’s that another visitor.

 

*ding dong*

 

Wait!” I shouted as it rang again. Can’t he wait for a while? I finally grabbed the gate locked and opened it, revealing a ………………………………… jerk.

 

“Jonghyun-ssi….” My mouth spoke on its own. I turned my back to see Gyu and my family staring blank at me. Well, Seunghyub has a small smirk on his face. I can see that he knows something about what is happening today!! Ugh, that brat! How can I entertain two persons at the same time!

What is that jerk doing here?” Jonghyun whispered under his breath. Jerk? Gyu?

I ended up asking him to come in, he also greeted my mother and it was obvious to her face that she’s shocked. Me? Having visitors and both guys.

They both sat in front of me, on the black sofa and my mother walked out saying she will just prepare something to eat. I don’t have a choice but to nod, while deep inside, I want to go with her and escape this tension. My brother was just sitting beside me with a wide smile on his face.

So, what brought you here today?” Seunghyub asked the two.

I was just/ To visit-“ They both answered in unison and stopped. At this time, I realized, my life is simpler before I met this two. I love my life, I love how simple it was but now, it’s more complicated than Math (but for me it’s not that complicated).

I’m just going to invite your brother on a gig.” Jonghyun answered after looking at Gyu. I looked at my brother and he’s really unprepared! It seems like he’s shocked that Jonghyun came to see him.

“I’ll just entertain you since you told me you’re bored.” Gyu smiled at me and that has a meaning! I swear! I turned my face to Jonghyun and he’s quite pissed about it. Ugh. Why Gyu?

I can’t even give my words to their answers so we ended up going with Seunghyub and Jonghyun. I can say this is the most awkward moment in my life. Imagine, I’m sitting between the two of them because Seunghyub is already in the stage playing a guitar for the audience and I’m hugging my bag just to avoid contact of skin with these two creepy-acting-weird guys.

I don’t want to think anything. I don’t want to say these two like me, just what Seunghyub whispered before leaving me alone.

What do you want to drink?” they both asked, in chorus. And I can feel the adrenaline rush. I want to punch them or just leave but I can’t.

I don’t know what I am feeling right now.

Well, there are three reasons:

I can’t leave because I appreciate Gyu, doing something with my boredom.

I can’t leave because I want to see how good my brother is.

I can’t leave because I am curious of Jonghyun’s acting lately.

 

I don’t know how to escape an awkward situation like this! Someone help!

 

-namirelle