Chapter 15: The Past

Let's Do It Here

Kim Ah Young's POV


My stomach is growling, it's angry by this time. I did not eat my dinner, I studied all night then I woke up late and skipped my breakfast. Today is a really bad start! I'm so stupid, forgot my time management. "Lady, have you eaten at least sandwich or something? I'm hearing your tummy." Gyu, my seatmate whispered at me. "I'm hungry, I ate nothing since last night!" I answered. I saw him nod on my peripheral vision. And the next thing is he raised his hand.


"What is it new student?" Our science teacher asked. "Sir, I need to go to the comfort room." ; "Okay, you may go." He winked at me after getting his permission. That look, he's not really going to the CR! He came back with sandwiches and water on his hand hidden in his back. "Here, eat." ; "Ya! You lied, why did you do that!" ; "I don't like the sound you are making! It's iritating!"


"Ms. Kim and Mr. Yoo! Listen!" Okay, that was the first time I am mentioned by my prof. "You bastard!!" I hit him on his arms silently. But hey, he's sweet by this thing. The next two subjects passed and he did not stop bullying me, well in a good way, or should I say he's just making fun with me the whole time? Yay, a new found friend indeed.


"Lunch time!!! Let's grab some!" he dragged me to the canteen and just the same time, Jong Hyun and his friends are about to enter. I Looked at him, or stared at him until he saw me. I smiled but... He didn't.

 

That moment, I felt heavy on my chest. He is really ignoring me. "Is there a problem?" Gyu asked, maybe he saw what happened in my face then looked at Jong. Damn Jong Hyun! You are really a jerk! "Can we talk?" He added seriously, I nodded and followed him. He sounds very serious at that time.


"I'm going to confess something Ah Young-ie..." Is he going to tell me that he likes me? And the reason why he's like that to me because he admires me secretly? "It's not between you and me." Okay, I assumed in one second. "It's about what then?"


It took him minutes to answer and I'm just waiting here. He's not sure if he's going to tell me what's going on. "Honestly, it's about me and that guy..." There is a pain in his eyes when he breathed the words. He's talking about Hong Jong Hyun. "Just let me say everything, don't say a word." He reminded me and shutted my mouth on the wind. I refrain to where I am standing.


"Everything I'm going to tell you is Hong Jong Hyun doesn't need to know , I'm not sure if he had told you because you both doesn't seem so close." He continued to tell a long introduction and I already want to kick him 'coz it's taking him too long. To remind him, we stil have classes.


"So this is the story.." I let out my long sigh, finally he's going to tell me. "He and I are long time friends, I mean where childhood bestfriends until last year." I nodded and told him to continue, it wasn't that long. "It ended because of a girl." I felt a heavy thing on my chest again, a girl is the reason. Then it's about their hearts.


"We both have a friend and she's a girl. She's named Nana and the problem is, our heart beats only for her." He storytell almost the half of the story and, I can't hold it any longer. "Gyu, can we sit? My legs are numb! We've been standing for thirty minutes."


"So then, we prove to her that she should chose just one of us, the one she loves more than a friend." he became sad. "She chose Jong Hyun. It's because Jong Hyun almost did everything to win her heart and I'm a complete jerk to assume that she will pick me."


"The war between us starts with my jealousy, it's after a month and I feel his coldness towards Nana so I try to take her back not knowing that she's madly inlove with him and he is too." Jong Hyun was madly in love with a girl?


"Hmmmm, do you like him?" he cuts on his own storyteling and asked me that. "Wait, me? Oh no. Never."


"Ahh, I saw a tear fell from your left eye. I thought you're feeling unwell." I wiped my cheeks and yeah, I did not notice. "The wind is too harsh haha. Are we done talking? Can we go back to class?" I lied again.


We go back to class and my mind is not on my head again. It's lost somewhere. I'm kinda jealous okay? I know Nana, the one Jong Hyun hugging that night when I rushed to him. She's a blondie, she's y, she's everything. I'm not y, I'm not pretty and I'm nothing. All happened between us, from the kiss until the party are just, memories and playful memories.It's the first time that I care and liked a guy but it seems to be the worst already. I can't believe it.

 

 

-namirelle-