Chapter 17: New Found Friend

Let's Do It Here

Ahyoung's PoV


I fell asleep for almost four hours then woke up with a blanket and pillow on my head. I took a glance to JH's bed and he's there, playing with his phone. Seems like he's fine now.  "I need to go home." I said picking up my things. The sunrise will come in a few minutes and even if its still dark outside, I have to leave now. I'll be late for my classes! 


"I got my driver waiting for you outside." He said. He's rich. Expected. "Where's Jaehyun?" because my partner (Jaehyun) seems like left me on the middle of our curing. "He already left." 


"Oh, so see you around. Bye....." I twisted the doorknob once again when he spoke. "Thank you for your care." I looked back at him and smile. I got out from the place and the driver brought me to our house. Mom's cooking for breakfast and Seunghyub just woke up, going downstairs with his super messy hair. 


"Good morning!" He greets. I smiled at him and kissed my mom. "Where have you been? I've been calling you last night! I thought you were kidnapped or snatched or murdered!" Okay, he's overreacting again! I hit him on his arms. "Right, who's that friend you slept with?" Mom interfered.


Uh oh.


"Hmmmmm.... Well..... *ding dong*" It was interrupted! Lucky me! I walked out towards my room to take a shower, I still have to go to school and see JH's condition. Wait? Did I just mention that guy? Yes, Ahyoung. You did. You still care about him. 

 

After the shower, I took a deep breath before lying down on my bed. Should I talk to him tomorrow? Like, I'm going to ask if he's well, feeling good or whatever! Stop it Ahyoung!


*beep*


It's my laptop, the email sound. Wait? Why is there an email? I am really not expecting somebody. I opened it slowly, and guess who. It's him.

__________________________________________________
From: Hong Jong Hyun
To: Kim Ah Young 

To Miss Ahyoung-ssi, 
Sorry for the disturbance last night. I know a lot of things happened, I know you are already confused. I'm sorry, I acted so immature lately. I wish to make this all up to you.

__________________________________________________

I blinked twice to double-check what I just read and it's true! 

__________________________________________________
From: Kim Ah Young
To: Hong Jong Hyun

To Jonghyun-ssi, 
It's alright, I hope you are feeling well now. Just take care always. 

__________________________________________________

*beep* 

Another message came and I am very excited to read it.
__________________________________________________
From: Hong Jong Hyun
To: Kim Ah Young

To Miss Ahyoung-ssi,
If you are not busy, I hope to see you after class. 

__________________________________________________

That words again. I don't know but I hate hearing it. It doesn't happen anyways. I was about to send him a reply when my mother opened the door. "Mom, you can knock." I sighed. "Sorry my dear but there's someone downstairs. He's looking for you." It's a guy. Could be Hong Jong Hyun?  I ran after her and disappointment came to me. 

 

"Gyu." ; "Hey, there will be a party next week. I personally want to see you." he handed me a black envelope. I opened it to see very dark themed party. A prestigious, elegant and silver covered party. "It's my brother's party, he want me to bring someone as a date. So? Will you come with me?"  I smiled at him. "Of course! We're friends!" He smiled at my answer. I suddenly became happy since  I felt that he is really a good friend. I wish Hyeri would meet him. "Good! I'll see you  that night! Meet me tomorrow, we need to see your gown!" He exclaimed out of happiness slapping my arms. He's a bit brutal though.

 

Tomorrow? Hong Jong Hyun wants to see me right? Well, I don't think he will come, so I agreed to Gyu.  Am I a bit harsh to Jonghyun? He doesn't like me right?  He doesn't feel anything right? We are just an ordinary person to each other.

 

Nothing to be guilty Ahyoung! Just enjoy having your dream school life, having a friend whom you know will stand beside you and will buy food for you when your stomach growls. Kekeke.


**

AUTHOR'S NARRATION

Next day came, the day is so ordinary to Gyu and Ahyoung. They are always together like brothers and sisters not knowing that Jonghyun is seeing all of it. "I told you, you shouldn't have kept your distance with her." Youngkwang advised. "I got no choice dude. I need to stay away from her."

 

"You got choices, you just don't want to choose."

 

In Jongyun's point of view, its the best to stay away from her, for the girls to stop hating her and making her days miserable. For she won't experience how to live with a famous person. For she won't be distracted to her studies. For him to not fall in love again. But,  his friends told him something. 

"Jonghyun, if it's what you are afraid of, why not face it? Everyone knows you're brave. Everyone knows who is Hong Jong Hyun! In some ways, yeah, you are just protecting her but why can't you just tell her that you like her? Your problem is that everyone might hate her because they like you? Why don't you use your popularity to stop them? Why don't you just stay by her side while everybody is throwing death glares to her? Why don't you walk her wherever she goes so you can make sure she's safe from her haters? Why can't you just make her realize that she is not what they say?" 

"My career would be at risk."

"Damn that career!" Jaehyun almost kick him. "Don't you know that she already likes you?! On the party, you made her feel something!" 

"I can't be in a relationship becau-" Youngkwang and Jonghyun had their eyes widened and shocked.  "Ah ." Sound of regret.


It's true.


*flashback*


Before going home, Jaehyun, Ahyoung and Seunghyub are left to arrange something. They had a little chat. 


"How's our Jonghyun?" Jaehyun playfully asked her. 

"Hmmm. Why?" Ahyoung replied shyly.

"He's cool right?" 

"He is. Really."

"And you like him?"

"Yes. I do." She actually doesn't want someone to know about it, but her tounge slipped. "Fck." 

"I knew it! Haha! I can see it in you eyes!"

"Ya! Don't tell him or I'll kill you!" 

"Sure! Even though he's my bestfriend, I understand your feelings."

"Jaehyun, there is something in him that I really like but there's no word coming out for it."

"Nah. It started when he kissed you right?"

"I don't know. The only thing I remembered it that I really hate him so much. I don't like to see him for a second in a minute. Then he made some of my days ugly and, he acted really childish but tonight, he completely transformed to a man." 

"What a long answer for a yes or no." 


*end of flashback*


Jonghyun suddenly stood up and about to take a step when Jaehyun spoke. 


"Dude, make a move before it's too late." He heard it for sure before leaving. The two continued to watch Ahyoung and Gyu from afar, laughing and doing some kind of stuffs that only comfortable people do. 


"It's hard to be on his situation tho." Youngkwang exclaimed.

"You're right, we can't blame him for overchoosing his career."

"But you got a point in what you said earlier, we don't know what will be the public's reaction about him getting on a relationship if it's with Ahyoung."

"I agree. I think everyone is shipping him with Nana."

 

-namirelle-