Chapter 19: To The Rescue Again

Let's Do It Here

Today is our first activity and it's all about the games, for us to get along with each other. So it means, college night is not enough for us to bond together. "Ah Young!!!! Here!" One of my co-members in council called me to line up infront with them. Other students are falling each line, from third year to fourth year. 

"All of the officers of the council are your team leader, each team shall consist one team leader, one assistant team leader, three junior students and two senior students." The teacher instructed and start to call each team. I became Team H's team leader, lucky that Jonghyun is not listed on mine. But.. why am I seeing him here? 

"What are you doing here?" I asked him and everyone stares at me, two girls are staring at me with their angry eyes, and others are waiting for his answer. "I switched with one of your original team member." He answered with confidence, his finger pointing my original member. I shook my head and asked him again, "You asked her? How did you made her agree?" I'm too curious until he answered my question with just a gesture. "You kissed her just for that?!!" My voice raised and I can't, my chest tightened on it's own. I don't know if it's just shock or something else.


The first activity takes place on creating bonfire, of course, I studied how to create fire without the use of match sticks and lighter, just two stones rubbing together can produce fire. I told them to get the best kind of stones to use and no one is following. It's because these three juniors and two seniors, hate me. 

"So guys, get me two stones so we can create fire together." Jonghyun commanded them and they moved, real quick. They like him so they only listen to him. I released a very deep sigh, can I just ask our guides to let me stay on the tent and do nothing because I hate the way they treat me? The worst thing is that I'm going to be with them till the end of the camp. 

"You should be the team leader not me." I told him as I arrange the woodsticks on the bonfire. "Just ignore them." He answered. The bonfire challenged had started and we won second place, Team C is much faster than me so we just came second. Only Jonghyun thanked me and cheered, and the others are like, 'she's so slow', 'we could've won first if it's Jonghyun-ssi not her'. 

I lost my appetite so I decided not to join them eat for lunch and dinner. It's night and dark now, I'm sitting beside a tree wondering how painful my life as a student here is. I'm thinking of how my life was just normal and ordinary until I got closer with the jerk whose now standing on the other side of the tree. "What are you doing here?" I asked not looking at his side. 

"I know you didn't take your lunch and dinner." Jonghyun handed me a juice and a bread to eat. I took it and of course, instead of just staring at these things, I ate it. I saw him smile and sit beside me. 

"Do you have any mosquito repellant? For your legs?" He's wearing a white longsleeves and our PE jogging pants while I'm wearing a tshirt and a sweater and peddle pants. I shook my head to say no while I'm still eating. My eyes widened and stopped me from eating when he puts a blanket over my legs. Damn. Why. Do. You. Have. To. Be. So. Sweet. 


We're not talking and having a conversation until I've finished my food. I gathered all my bones to stand and.. "Let's sleep, we're going for a morning exercise tomorrow." I said rubbing the dirts on my pants. "Here's your blanket." I handed him back the blanket but he's not taking it. 

"Keep it for your sleep. Goodnight." He goes back on their tent so do I. "Thank you." At least, I managed to say that on my own. 


**


Good morning sunshine! Another worst day, it's morning exercise and I know you know I hate this thing! 


"800 meters jog. Start now." We jogged and jogged for it but I'm like a jeepney driver taking a lap on every 100meter, in conclusion, I took a total of 8 laps. I really can't do this. Next is, stretching, it's relaxing but not for me. I feel like my muscles and veins are going to separate themselves into two. "Ugh!" I groaned as it ends. 


"Ahyoung-ie, you're really ugly!" Gyu shouted meters away. "You too!" I yelled back at him. I'm busy resting and sweating off here, for him, it's time for a bullying session. Instead of handling me a bottled water, he showered me with it. "Yaaaaaa!" I felt the cold water on my neck and I am about to punch him when he ran away. Thay guy! Grrrrrrr. 

I took my jacket off and decided to head back on the tent. To dry myself since I have no time to change my clothes. I know I might get sick but my resistance can bear with it. No worries, I'm strong. 


**


Author's POV


Third day. 


It's the real camp. Every team is assigned for a gem hunt. Each team consisting 7 members are going for a hunt and the first to win will get a week treat on the cafeteria and free entrance for a month on the nearest arcade on the school. Everyone of them love the prize except AhYoung who is really not a fan of arcade. 


The hunt began and theys started walking too. Holding on to their flashlights and emergency phone in case of loss, everyone started to spread on places. "I think we should head on this direction." Ahyoung said to her team members.

No one wants to listen. 


"You just think? You're not sure?" One of the senior said. 

"What if it's dangerous out there? Are you thinking?" Another one. 

"But I-" Ahyoung want to explain her side but none of them are letting her. 

"Are you using your mind b*tch?" One of them said with hate on her voice. "Let's go guys, I don't want to do this with her." The other team members followed her leaving Ahyoung and Jonghyun alone. "Oppa, aren't you coming?" Before leaving, a junior student asked him. 

"Guys, we need teamwork here." He simply added. But no one listens to him too. "Just go with them Jonghyun, they need a team leader and you are the one they're treating as the team leader, not me." Ah young walked out by herself to continue the hunt. Jonghyun is still confused so he isn't following any company. But in the end, he chose to go with his teammates. "I'm sure she can do it." He said before following the other members. 


"Yes! I know we're going to find it with Oppa's help!" Team H's cheer as they found the gem. All five of them together with Jonghyun decided to go back on the camp proper. The other teams are there meaning, they did not won as first. 


The teacher started to call off the teams, to check them and end the day. "Team A? Check. Team B? Check. Team C? Check. Team D? Check. Team E? Check. Team F? Check. Team G? Check. Team H? Wait, where's your team leader?" She notices that Ahyoung is missing. Jonghyun and Gyu look around but no signs of her was shown. "I'll check on her ma'am." Jonghyun volunteered. "Let the other teachers go with you." 


They  started to look for her back to the forest. 


On the other side... 


Ahyoung knew that she's lost and tries to find her way out of the jungle. *sneeze* She keep on sneezing because of her cold. She keeps on walking until she slip on the stone and landed with a sprain on her ankle. "I'M very lucky today." She laughs while taking her strength to stand. "Aww." She exclaimed but fortunately, she was able to stand and walk again until the heavy rain came. She can't run so she got no chOice but to catch the big drops coming from above. 

"I. Have. To. Come. Back." While gritting her teeth, her body still tries to walk, but because of her slow movements, dark covered the forest. The sounds of wild animals can be heard from afar and it scares her. "Mommy~ Seunghyub~ Daddy~Gyu~ .... Jonghyun" She kept on calling out names of persons who are not even there. 


"AhYoung!!" She heard a shout not that far away from her. "AhYoung! Where are you?!" another shout came so she traces where the sound came from. "In he-choo! Here!" She keeps on sneezing until she fell again and now, she has no chance to stand anymore. The only thing left for her to do is wait, wait for that guy. 


*cough*


*cough* 


The sounds of dangerous animals are coming close to her ears and tears starts from coming out from her eyes down to her cheeks. "Why am *huk* I so unlucky *huk* today? Oh *huk* everyday." Her eyes went blur because of the heavy rain and almost lose her vision when a guy came. 


"Hey, hey, I'm here." The guy said while comforting her. "You're cold." He removed her jacket and embraced her with that. "I thought I'm going to die." With shivers all over her voice. 

"I'm here, you'll not die." The guy wiped the waters that covered her face and made her finally recognize the rescuing guy. "J-jonghyun?" Jonghyun smiled and just helped her stand but she can't so he offered a piggybackride. 


**

"AhYoung!!" Gyu helped Jonghyun with Ahyoung as they arrive at the camp proper. "What happened to you?!" Gyu sterically asked to them. Jonghyun laid her down on their tent and immediately removed her coat and socks. 

"What are you doing?" is paled and her voice is trembling. Jonghyun did not answered her question instead, he called out the teachers to help him. 

"Ma'am, please take care of her." Jonghyun and Gyu got out for a bit to let them changed her clothes. "Dude, thanks for saving her." Gyu extended his hands but Jonghyun still ignored it and just passed by. "I just did the right thing. Unlike you." he smirked before leaving him. 


-mm-