Chapter 16: Nurse

Let's Do It Here

Ah Young's POV

 

Days passed. I've been really busy to the point that I forgot the ignoring thingy of JH. I'm not reminded of him, anyway. "Ah Young-ie!" Gyu called me, meters away. He asked me to wait for him before coming to our class. After he confessed that thing to me, I became uncomfortable with him in few days but that change. He's cool to be my friend.

 

"You are twenty seconds late!" I growled at him pointing my wrist watch. It hasn't been long, just seconds. Hahaha. "Why do you have to be so practical and strict when it comes to time!" ; "Because time is gold." I grinned at him before walking fast to our room. "Dude, those stares. Haha." He whispered to me. I looked back on those guys staring at us. Wondering why are we always together. Why am I going with JH's ex bestfriend after all what happened. I'm the headline of this school year. Yes! I became popular. -,-

 

Anyway, I'm too busy to pay attention for that, there will be a big program in our university and since I'm part of the council, I have to go back and forth from classroom to office. Damn! My legs! Walking from fourth floor to the ground is a torture. Gyu isn't helping, he's just laughing over me. "You came to school like a princess, and you get out from it like a depressed witch. Too bad." he bullied me shaking his head. "Bye for now! Quit bullying me please! You could just help me if you want! Thanks for the compliment by the way! Ciao!" I scram out of the room while the phone is vibrating on my hand, its the president, calling me.

 

"Hi Ahyoung!" someone greeted me. I turned my back to see Ahn Jae Hyun, his bestfriend. He started to walk with me. "Hi."

 

 "So what's up? I always see you around huh."  

 

"Busy,  busy for the sports fest."

 

"Oh it's tiring."

 

"Yeah, real talk, it's killing me."

 

"Oh! Hahaha I'll tell JH about that. Sure he'll lend some help!"

 

I heard his name. Again.

 

"No! You're not going to tell him anything. He doesn't need to know and he won't care either."

 

"Who knows? He's always talking about you, he even took all the duplicate copies of your pictures here in school then posted it to our place, starin’ at it all the time. And you tell me he won't care?" I felt something on my knees, instantly turned to be a worm, a jelly ace. What is this! Then a sudden curve was formed on my lips. I'm happy to know that. I’m still a somebody to him.

 

"Bye for now! Sorry for interrupting your business!" he ran away leaving me in front of the office. And ...... Geez.

 

 

"Jong hyun."

 

"Hey." He answered me!

 

"Ah Young! In here!" someone inside the office yelled. Ugh! He ruined the moment! I looked back at his place and he's gone. I have no choice to go inside the room. Let’s get back to work. I said to myself. I miss him but I can't just talk to him, go near him that easy.

 

 

**

 

The afternoon came and I keep on yawning. I’m really sleepy, I’m tired and I want to go home, eat a lot then sleep on a soft bed hugging a soft pillow. “Okay, thank you for cooperating for today’s activity. Kindly take all your trashes before you leave. See you tomorrow.” The adviser of our council finally ended my suffering! Thank you God! I gather my things then head out, I checked my wristwatch and it’s already 8pm. ! My mother wouldn’t be mad because she understands that I’m busy but I hate going home late, walking or commuting is not really easy. I’ve been traumatized the last time I left our school late.

 

*flashback*

 

I’m walking along the subway and it’s really late, I needed to finish all my assignments on the library and forgot that the last trip to Busan from school was 7pm. I walked to have a taxi just to be delivered home but unfortunately, in the middle of my walk, two guys stopped me. They tried to pull me on a darker place but gladly, the cops are just around.

I cried a lot that night and decided to not come to school for a week. My mother then, never let me walk by myself and ask my childhood friend, who’s a higher year than me, to walk with me or guide me home, walking or not.

 

*end of flashback*

 

My storytelling was interrupted by an unknown number calling. I grabbed it before exiting the gate.

 

“Hello?”

 

(Ah Young? Is this Kim Ah Young?) I heard a trembling voice that made me steady.

 

“Who’s this?”

 

(It’s Jaehyun! Can you come by? Jong Hyun really needs you, I mean someone!)

 

“W-what? What happened to him?”

 

(He’s 40⁰ high right now!)

 

“Wait, where are you?”

 

(In our office! Inside the school!)

 

I ended the call l since I already knew their location. I ran back inside and snatching the flashlight hanging on the guard’s house. I ran downstairs to the lower ground floor of the school. Yes, you heard it right, we have a lower ground floor and only authorized people like them can enter, and of course, because I’m great, I know it. I just have to look for a black door with the light inside.

 

“YES!” I twisted the doorknob and I saw Jaehyun almost hugging JH while JH is pushing him away. How cute!

 

“I’m here!”

 

“I’m so glad you knew this place! So what should we do?” before answering him, I place my palm on his forehead feeling how hot he is. “We need a hospital!” I’m about to stand but his hands stopped me. “I don’t need it! I’m fine!”

 

-_____-

 

“You’re an idiot! Who measures 40⁰, he cannot move and says he’s okay!”

 

“I just need a rest! *cough*”

 

“Oh great! Come on people! Where’s the medicine box?” Jaehyun handed me instantly the first aid kit, I asked him to get me some warm water and a clean smooth towel. I can’t believe I’m being a nurse to a kid like 21 years old! I did all the things my mom does to me whenever we got sick and hopefully he’ll get well soon. This brat! Sleeping like a kid, how I wish he’s always like that. 

 

I stayed awake with Jaehyun just to check him from time to time. After of almost two hours, I landed my palm on his forehead again. “It lowered. Now can you please turn on the aircon? We’re all sweating.” I checked my phone and it’s passed 11pm. I got 10missed calls from my mom, 17 from Seunghyub, 7 from Jimin, and another 10 from her friend.

 

To; Mom

From: Me

 

I can’t go home. My friend got sick and I’m still at school. I’m going to sleep here at her place.

 

Note the word ‘her’, because If I tell her the truth, she will ask Seunghyub to follow me here then drag me home. I know she understands the reason I sent but I also know that she would doubt me. Me? Having  friend? Nah. She knows I got no one except maybe Seunghyub’s friend whom we already introduced.

 

-namirelle-