Chapter 14: New Friend

Let's Do It Here

Kim Ah Young's POV


That was a memorable night. I now admit, I'm starting to like him. He's so..... He's making me fly everytime I think about him. After receiving the awards and the beautiful bouquet of flowers, he invited me to a dance. Damn! I forgot that many are watching and they are now definitely envious of me that I got to dance with him on the center of the crowd along with a very slow music.


"Ah Young!!!!" A shout ruined my flashback. "Why are you shouting?!!" I yelled back at my brother. "I've been calling you for how many times and you're so crazy there smiling alone!!!!" Okay, he's angry. "I'm sorry, why?" ; "Someone's calling on your phone! You didn't even heard!" I'm surprised and took my phone just to see 3 missed calls from an unknown person. I texted him to know who she/he is but in just a second after I sent my text, he called again.


"Yes?" I said as I picked it up. "Are you busy?" a familiar voice answered it! It sounds like... Hmmmm. "Jong Hyun?" ; "Yes. Finally you're not calling me jerk anymore." I laughed for what he said. He's asking me to go out somewhere. I asked him if it was a date but then I regreted asking it. He said it's not a date, he likes me to bring Seunghyub too.


I'M DISAPPOINTED. I told Seunghyub to get dressed and sorry, I'll let him go alone this time. I won't go!!

 

**


"Hey, can I join you?" some guy asked me. I'm alone in this table so I nodded at let him sit. He smiled and started to eat his food. Hmmmm, is he a new student? Anyway, I should eat, I still have exams this afternoon. "By the way, I'm Yoo Min Kyu, Kyu for short." he introduced himself. I smiled at him and shook his hand.


"Kim-"


"Kim Ah Young, right?" How did he know me? "A bunch of students are talking about you and I saw your picture on the bulletin board."  "Damn!" I hissed. It's already there >.< I hate it. Maybe it says, "The bullied took a revenge by slamming off the night."


"Why? Did I say something that made you mad?" ; "Ah no, nothing. You're new right?" I curiously asked him and I'm right, I have never seen his face before and he's not yet wearing the uniform. "I see you're popular here." he said playing with his food. Yeah, so popular. "Sort of. I just woke up one day and everyone hates me and starts to bully me. That's how popular I am."


"They hate you?" Of course this one can't believe it. He can't believe how student got furious knowing that an ordinary girl was linked into the hottie HJH and kissed in front of the class. "You're too pretty to be hated." The words made my face hot. That day we became friends and also, he's on my class. Yoo Min Kyu is the name, he's a bit of a chick type of boy because on his first day, he's already picking up the girls. I hate his kind but he wants only me to be his friend. There's something in him I can't resist. Well, he also came from Ulsan where is my hometown and he loves books. We're similar!!


"Where do you live? I can take you there." he offers as the class ended. I'm still fixing my things when some guy took my bag. "Nope, she's going with me." An arm was thrown on my shoulders. I looked at Kyu and he's kinda has that confused face. "What are you doing here?" I asked Jong Hyun. "By the way, my friend, Yoo Min Kyu." After that, Gyu nicely extend his hands to him but this rude jerk ignored it.

 

"Sorry." I mouthed to my friend. "He's Hong Jong Hyun, sure you already know him." ; "Ah yes, he's the model I saw at random shop outside. Nice to meet you dude." he's nice! This jerk, ugh, he's s rude to him! "So I guess you already have a ride, see you tomorrow Ah Young-ie." He patted my head before going. That's sweet of him. Really.


"Ah Young-ie? Why is he calling you that?" an irritated sound came out from his mouth. "Because he's my NICE friend." I really emphasized the word nice to strike him. "Nice?! He's a new and he's already nice?" Why is he so angry about that? "It doesn't took a lifetime for me to distinguish a nice friend? What's the problem?" He didn't answer my question and left. Okay, why is he acting like that?


**sigh**

 

I just stepped out of the room to see him standing in front of my locker, lowered head. "I thought you already go? Why are you still here?" I asked putting my books on it's proper place. "I told you I'm talking you home." he realeased those words with a very sweet and soft voice. So good to hear. "Okay..." I only answered.


A few minutes passed, I got home safely, even though my mom told me to don't ride motorbikes, I still did. "Thanks! Be safe." I got off the bike and gave him back the helmet I used. He doesn't answer me and just go until I can;t see him anymore. He didn't even smile at me or nod or look at me. I'm hurt. He was so sweet the other day but why is he already like that?


"Heeeey, Ah Young, I told you not to trust those kind of boys. You'll just get hurt." the other side of me spoke. He's just like the other guys. Going to leave whenever they want to when I'm already having feelings for them. But no, maybe he's really not. Maybe he's just having a problem?


The night came and I'm spacing out. Didn't eat my dinner because of that ignoring thingy.

 

 

-namirelle-