Chapter 6

Living Famous

Chapter 6 is up! Enjoy!

 

=======================================================================================================

Two days later, the boys WINNER went to M-net studio for their indoor filming. After getting their make-up done, the boys proceed to the backstage and waited for Red Velvet to walk in.

 

As soon as the girls walked in, they all greeted each other and waited for their cue to enter the stage.

 

“Welcome to Rookie Adventures! Annyeonghaseyo Daesung imnida!” BIGBANG’s Daesung cried.

“Annyeonghaseyo Amber imnida!” f(x) Amber cried.

 

“For weeks, we watched these groups doing challenges all over Seoul and even filmed their everyday lives. Now, we’re gonna welcome them in the studio. Please welcome WINNER and Red Velvet!” Daesung cried.

 

The fans in the studio cheered as soon as the two groups walked in.

 

WINNER, with Seungyoon’s lead walked into the studio. Red Velvet, stepped in next. The two groups settled at their designated seats.

 

“Annyeonghaseyo WINNER imnida!” The boys greeted the audience, viewers and the MCs.

“Happiness! Annyeonghaseyo! Red Velvet imnida!” The girls cried.

 

“Welcome to the studio, guys. So, how have you been doing? Seungyoon-sshi?” Daesung asked.

 

“Uh, we’re doing really well. It’s nice to be laying off the challenges for a while and be in M-net studios for a change.” Seungyoon said.

“Irene-sshi?” Amber asked.

“Uh, it’s nice to film as a team again. We’ve always been running around with our respective teams. It’s nice to have a different environment.” Irene said.

 

“Ok, so our PD decided to change the environment, as he has a couple of in-door activities planned out. Now, shall we start?” Daesung asked.

 

After a couple laughs and games, the MCs brought a plate of Pepero sticks to the studio.

 

As soon as the idols spotted the plate, they all shook their heads. 

 

“A Pepero game…” Jinwoo tilted his head back in disappointment.

 

The girls were now flushed. They had guessed what would be in store for them next. Taehyun fanned himself.

 

“You got it right! We’re doing a Pepero game.” Amber cried.

 

Mino smiled and nodded. 

 

“Mino-sshi seems to like this segment.” Daesung said, earning laughs from the studio audience.

“Seulgi-sshi, why are you so red?” Amber asked and triggered the audience’s laughter.

 

Seulgi shook her hand in defense.

 

“Ok! So, there are five Pepero sticks here and there are only four pairs here. PD-nim, is there a mix-up?” Daesung said jokingly.

 

The audience cracked up.

 

“Daesung-sshi, I think one them will be playing twice.” Amber said.

 

“So, we asked our viewers last week to vote for the pairs they want to see playing the Pepero game and here are the top three results. Amber-sshi?” Daesung said.

“The viewers picked Irene-sshi and Jinwoo-sshi, Seulgi-sshi and Seungyoon-sshi and Wendy-sshi and Taehyun-sshi.” Amber said.

“Sorry, Mino-sshi, it looks like you won’t be playing.” Daesung said.

“There are five sticks. I can play.” Mino nodded.

 

“So, who goes first?” Jinwoo asked.

“Hyung, you go ahead.” Taehyun said.

 

Red Velvet’s leader shyly stood up from her seat, picked up the stick and placed it in between her lips. When Jinwoo walked closer, Irene retreated. She was blushing so hard, getting herself teased by everyone in the studio.

 

“Irene-sshi, am I scary?” Jinwoo asked, earning laughs.

 

Irene waved her hand in defense. Jinwoo then walked closer, bit onto the other end of the stick. Daesung stood right beside the pair and gave them the cue.

 

Jinwoo began munching onto the stick, little by little, not forgetting to chew and swallow. Their group mates watched them closely.

 

“Aigoo! Irene-sshi is so red. She must be really nervous.” Daesung cried.

“Eonni fighting!” The girls cried.

 

The game stopped as soon as the stick broke into half. Irene took the remaining stick off her lips and showed it to the viewers. Daesung measured it and nodded.

 

“Woah! 15cm.” Daesung gasped.

 

Seungyoon and Seulgi then played. Like Irene, Seulgi placed the Pepero stick in between her lips. Seungyoon smiled and bit the other end. WINNER’s leader munched on the chocolate dipped treat ’til his face was really near Red Velvet’s visual.

 

Everyone in the studio was screaming in anticipation. Seungyoon tilted his head sideways, blocking everyone’s view. The stick crumbled, halting the game. 

 

“Woah! You two surely heat up the studio with that close proximity!” Amber cried.

“We wanna win.” Seungyoon smiled.

“So, let us measure your record then.” Daesung said as he pulled out a ruler and measured the leftover. 

 

Daesung gasped.

 

“Woah! 7cm. Yah! I’ve never seen anyone finish off this game with a measurement of 7cm. What a record!” Daesung cried.

 

Seungyoon smiled as he continued munching on the remaining Pepero in his mouth. Seulgi, on the other hand, just smiled innocently.

 

She sat beside Joy, while Seungyoon sat beside Taehyun.

 

“Taehyun-sshi and Wendy-sshi, it’s your turn.” Amber said.

 

Taehyun took the Pepero stick and inserted it between Wendy’s lip. He then stepped forward and bit onto the other end of the stick. He slowly munched on the treat, making fans excited to the edge of their seats. The girls cupped their mouths in awe. WINNER boys were giggling like idiots. 

 

The last fragment of the treat fell off and Daesung caught it. He pulled the ruler out and measured it.

 

“Yah! This is unbelievable! 3cm everyone! These two here were close to kissing.” Daesung cried.

 

The three girls gawked at the situation. The audience applauded.

 

“Yah. You guys are like the Pepero game masters.” Daesung cried.

“So, who’s next, everyone?” Amber asked the audience.

 

“Mino!!” The audience cried.

 

Mino gratefully accepted the challenge.

 

“Who do you guys want for him?” Daesung cried.

 

“Seunghoon!” The audience cried.

 

The WINNER boys all burst into laughter upon hearing the crowd’s choice.

 

“Mino-sshi?” Daesung turned to Mino.

“May I do it with Irene-sshi, instead?” Mino asked, earning oohs from the crowd.

 

Irene blushed. She did the game with Jinwoo and now, someone else wanted to do it with her.

 

“What’s it gonna be, Irene-sshi?” Amber asked.

“Ok.” Irene shyly nodded and stood up from her seat. 

 

She picked up the stick, inserted the treat in between her lips and waited for Mino to bite on it. Finally, the male idol bit onto it and slowly munch ’til he was really near the female idol.

 

Irene closed her eyes, avoiding Mino’s gaze. At the a certain mark, Mino broke the stick off with his teeth. Daesung measured the fragment and gasped.

 

“Woah! 5cm! You’re just 2cm short from being tied to the champs.” Daesung said.

 

“Yeorobun, do you want Seunghoon-sshi to do it too?” Amber cried.

“Ne!” The crowd cried.

 

Seunghoon stood up, took the stick and faced the MCs.

 

“Ok, since you are the last one. We are gonna change the game a bit. WINNER and Red Velvet will all close their eyes and you go behind them. The person you tap will be your Pepero game partner. Ready?” Daesung asked.

“Ne.” Seunghoon replied.

 

The dance machine walked behind his fellow idols and paced around. Seunghoon rubbed his chin playfully, teasing the crowd.

 

“Who’s it gonna be, yeorobun?” Daesung cried.

 

Seunghoon paced around some more, teasing the crowd by hovering the stick over the boys’ heads. The crowd’s cheer grew loud when the male idol hovered the stick over Mino.

 

The rapper giggled.

 

He then transferred to the girls. He smirked and then tapped on Joy. Joy opened her eyes, turned around and bowed at the male idol.

 

“Joy, it is!” Amber cried.

 

Seunghoon passed the stick to Joy, to which the maknae bit onto and anticipated for Seunghoon to do the same. The crowd cheered for the last pair as they executed the game. By the end of the round, Daesung caught the fragment and measured it.

 

“10cm!” Daesung cried.

“That’s good.” Amber bobbed her head.

 

After filming the show, the PD briefed the groups’ managers on their tasks next week.

 

“Damn, Wan! You and Taehyun-sshi almost kissed with that measurement. 3cm, seriously?” Irene cried.

“I wanted to stop, but he went on ’til the stick broke.” Wendy said.

“Yah! You and Mino-sshi also did well. 5cm was a really close proximity.” Seulgi said.

“Yah! Bear, you and Seungyoon-sshi were pretty cool with it. You didn’t even flinch, blush or giggle.” Wendy said.

“Yeah. Seungyoon-sshi and I heard that we were gonna the Pepero game today, so we practiced. What we did back there was beyond what we had expected.” Seulgi said.

“Aish! Unfair.” Irene pouted.

“Well, at least you did great with Mino-sshi, but you did pretty bad with Jinwoo-sshi.” Wendy said.

“The stick snapped.” Irene said.

 

“Girls, your task for this week is to learn WINNER’s song ‘Empty’ and its choreography. I want you girls to finish familiarizing the routine by tomorrow. This is the breakdown of the parts. Raps will be shouldered by both Irene and Seulgi. Seulgi will also do some vocals. Learn the song by now because you will be rehearsing with Jung seongsaeng tonight. You will be learning the dance steps with Kang seongsaeng tomorrow morning. If you want, you guys can look into the practice video of WINNER’s song. Just get it from me later. In the afternoon, the stylist will come over to show you your outfits.” The manager said.

 

Meanwhile, WINNER’s manager also briefed them about their next activity.

 

“Your task is to learn Red Velvet’s song ‘Happiness’ and its choreography. Start familiarizing the routine tonight. Seunghoon, get the practice video from me later, as you will be the choreographer for this. Here is the breakdown of the parts. Seungyoon, I trust you to lead the group. Vocal rehearsals will be today at 2pm sharp. Tomorrow afternoon, you will have an appointment with the stylist, as you will have to choose your outfits.” The manager said.

 

The two groups spent the weekend familiarizing each other’s songs. The girls were having fun, covering the boys’ song. Meanwhile, the boys of WINNER were laughing at each other. The song was just so cheesy for them.

 

At the end of the day, the boys exhausted themselves with the upbeat track of Red Velvet.

 

“Damn! The song is too jumpy. I’m tired.” Taehyun collapsed on the couch.

“Me either. I wonder how the vocals would sound though.” Jinwoo said.

“Guys, we gotta start with the vocals, so get your lazy butts here.” Seungyoon ordered.

 

Filming day came, both groups headed to their dressing rooms for make-up and wardrobe. WINNER’s song ‘Empty’ is a sad track, so the girls had to wear something dark and gloomy, such as grays and blacks. ‘Happiness’ on the other hand, is loud and shout colorful. The boys were laughing at each other as soon as they got their outfits.

 

“Cheer costumes?” Jinwoo arched his eyebrows.

“They should call us the “Rainbow” boys now.” Taehyun joked.

 

Seungyoon- Yellow / Orange

Jinwoo- Purple

Seunghoon- Green

Mino- Red

Taehyun- Blue

 

“Oh My God.” Wendy burst into a fit of laughter when she caught a glimpse of the boys in bright and colorful cheer outfits.

 

“Wan, waegurae?” Seulgi asked.

“You’ll see.” Wendy giggled.

 

When the PD called them for standby, the girls walked into the backstage. They met up with WINNER and struggled not to laugh.

 

“Annyeonghaseyo Rainbow Boys imnida!” Mino playfully greeted the girls.

“Rainbow Boys?” Irene asked.

“Annyeonghaseyo Leader Rino imnida.” Mino joked.

“Leader? Rino?” Irene giggled.

“Get it? I am covering you in Happiness, Irene-sshi. Irene plus Mino is Rino.” Mino said.

 

Irene nodded.

 

“Annyeonghaseyo maknae, Soy imnida!” Seunghoon greeted the girls.

“Nice name, oppa.” Joy said.

 

“Main vocal, Wenhyun imnida!” Taehyun flashed his aegyo.

“Wenhyun? Are you Chinese or Korean?” Wendy replied.

“Taedy sounds weird. So, why not Wenhyun.” Taehyun grinned.

“Ok?” Wendy nodded.

 

“So, what’s Seungyoon-sshi’s name?” Seulgi smiled curiously.

“Annyeong! Rainbow Boys’ visual Yoongi-iyeyo!” Seungyoon said.

“Nice!” Seulgi flashed her eye smile.

 

“What’s Jinwoo-sshi’s screen name?” Irene asked.

“Annyeonghaseyo! Woo-woo imnida.” Jinwoo said.

“Woo-woo?” The girls cried and burst into laughter.

“It’s not funny. It’s cool.” Jinwoo said.

“Oppa, are you sure that you’re the maknae. From Jinwoo oppa’s name, he sounded more like the maknae.” Joy said.

“I am the maknae here. Period.” Seunghoon playfully argued.

 

Soon, both groups were called into the studio.

 

As soon as the audience caught a glimpse of WINNER in colorful cheer outfits, they all roared. The boys settled on the seats and waited for Red Velvet to enter.

 

“Please welcome, Red Velvet!” MC Amber cried.

 

The girls gave everyone a bow, waves and took their spot.

 

“Woah! Seeing you all in different outfits say that you have a performance today.” Daesung said.

“Ne.” Both groups nodded.

 

After the talk, MC cued WINNER to position themselves.

 

Happiness started playing and the boys performed the girls’ song. The girls bobbed their heads, danced and sang along to the boys’ performance. The crowd cheered for the boys’ cover of the girls’ song.

 

By the time the boys reached Wendy’s solo, Taehyun pulled in his diva ways and belted out the pretty member’s part perfectly. The boys made their final pose as soon as the music stop. Everyone applauded them for their wonderful cover.

 

“Woah! That was a nice cover!” Amber cried.

“You were really consistent.” Daesung said.

“What do the girls have to say? Seulgi-sshi?” Amber asked her close friend.

 

“Uh, they were good. They performed well even if our song was beyond their style. Jjang!” Seulgi smiled.

“Who do you think stood out the most?” Amber asked.

“Hmm, Seungyoon-sshi. His voice is too deep that I can hear him all throughout. In our performance, it’s Wendy-sshi’s voice that usually stand out the most.” Seulgi said.

“Wendy-sshi, what do you have to say to WINNER’s performance?” Daesung asked.

“Uh, I say that it’s fun watching them. They did pretty well. Taehyun-sshi did justice to my solo.” Wendy said.

“Joy-sshi?” Daesung asked.

“They were cute. I like their performance. Seunghoon oppa is so funny.” Joy said.

“Irene-sshi?” Amber asked.

“They danced in sync and the rap was good.” Irene said.

 

“Now, here is Red Velvet, covering WINNER’s song ‘Empty’.” Amber said.

 

Empty played and the girls began singing. The crowd, WINNER and the MCs watched as the girls performed the male group’s song. Irene was mainly in charge of the rap parts. Seulgi shouldered both raps and vocals, covering most of Seunghoon raps and some of Seungyoon’s parts. Wendy did Seungyoon and Taehyun’s parts and Joy did Jinwoo’s parts. The girls also did justice to the simple dance steps of the song.

 

The crowd applauded the girls for their effort.

 

“Now, let’s hear it from WINNER. How did you guys find the performance?” Daesung asked.

 

Seungyoon spoke up. “They did well. I know they made some alteration in how the beat should sound. Our sound is pretty masculine but theirs was more feminine and I think they sounded pretty good.” 

“Mino-sshi?” Amber asked.

“Uh, the rap parts were done well. I praise Irene-sshi and Seulgi-sshi for executing it well.” Mino said.

“Taehyun-sshi?” Daesung asked.

“The falsettos were done well.” Taehyun smiled.

“Seunghoon-sshi?” Daesung asked.

“Hmm, the dance was perfectly executed.” Seunghoon said.

 

After the dance covers, the MCs gathered to groups for a Q&A session.

 

“So, we will be doing some Q&A session.” Amber said.

“Let us start?” Daesung said.

 

“So, Mino-sshi, would you like to perform again in the underground?” Daesung asked.

“Yes. I wanna participate in underground rap battles again. It’s been a long time since I last work with my friends from back there.” Mino said.

“Who do you wanna go up against?” Amber asked.

“Well, I wanna challenge Zico-sshi in a friendly rap battle, just like the old days.” Mino said.

 

“Seungyoon-sshi, we heard that you play billiards.” Amber said.

“Yes, I do, but I don’t get to play anymore because of our schedule.” Seungyoon said.

“If you were given a chance to play billiards, will you?” Daesung asked.

“Yeah and I wanna take Seulgi-sshi with me.” Seungyoon nodded.

 

Surprised, Seulgi turned to him. The crowd ooh’d. The boys laughed.

 

“Ye?” Seulgi asked, completely confused.

“I wanna bring her there and maybe teach her some of my personal skills, since she’s my partner in the show.” Seungyoon said.

“You two are getting pretty close now, huh?” Daesung teased.

 

Seulgi reddened.

 

“Uh, we’re friends.” Seungyoon said casually.

“Isn’t Jackson-sshi bothered by this?” Amber asked.

“Aniyo. Jackson-sshi is really cool. He and Seungyoon-sshi are friends so he totally understands our situation right now.” Seulgi said.

“Ah…” Daesung nodded.

 

After the show, both groups went back to their respective dressing rooms. The girls changed into their normal outfits and packed up.

 

“Yah! What was that? Seungyoon?” Irene cornered Seulgi.

“I didn’t expect him to say that.” Seulgi said.

“You better keep an eye on him, Bear. If he keeps flirting, your boyfriend will not like it.” Wendy said.

“Seungyoon-sshi will never do that. He’s harmless.” Seulgi said.

 

“Girls, here’s the prompt for next week’s episode. Filming will be on Saturday. I want you all to look into this and come up with something. Next week’s episode will not be in the studio. You’re back on the road.” The girls’ manager said.

 

“Boys, look into this prompt. Filming will be on Saturday. We’re back on the road.” The boys’ manager said.

 

Meet up with long-time friend and introduce him or her to the viewers and your partner. 

 

Seungyoon smirked.

 

“I’m guessing you found your answer.” Mino said.

“The PD sure knows what I need.” Seungyoon smiled.

“You are not gonna…? Seungyoon-ah, drop this.” Mino said.

“No, hyung. This is my chance.” Seungyoon said.

“You’re the leader, man. You know the do’s and don’ts. Don’t make a bad choice.” Mino said and patted Seungyoon.

 

Saturday came, the camera crew followed Seungyoon around the city.

 

“So, we’re going to meet my long-time friend. Are you guys curious?” Seungyoon said.

“Who is this friend, Seungyoon-sshi?” The PD asked.

“Let us all wait and see, guys.” Seungyoon grinned.

 

Prepare for the surprise of your life, Jaeyeon-ah.

 

The dude had contacted the chicken joint’s management and talked to them about his surprise visit. He even talked Jaeyeon’s co-worker into surprising the female at work. As soon as they reached the chicken joint, Seungyoon stepped out of the car and the crew followed him. The idol stepped into the joint along with the camera crew, attracting customers’ attention. Jaeyeon, who was on cashier duty, was utterly shocked at the situation. 

 

What the hell is this idiot up to this time?

 

Jaeyeon finished off her tasked and gazed at Seungyoon.

 

“Annyeong! Jaeyeon-ah! Guys, this is Jaeyeon-sshi. You may know her as iKON’s B.I’s girlfriend, but there is something you don’t know. She’s my long-time friend. Say, hi.” Seungyoon said.

“H-Hi.” Jaeyeon shyly bowed at the camera.

 

“So, what are you doing here, Yoon?” Jaeyeon asked.

“Well, I’m here to film my segment of Rookie Adventures. As part of my segment, I have to introduce a long-time friend to the viewers and hang around with this friend. In this case, I’m gonna hang here.” Seungyoon said.

“Well, I will have to ask the management if you can film here.” Jaeyeon said in an unstable tone, clearly pissed.

“I’ve already took care of it. All I have to do is to get your permission.” Seungyoon smirked.

 

Just what are you up to, Kang Seungyoon?

 

Seungyoon spent the next thirty minutes giving people fan service, posing for photos and signed some autographs. He also worked in the chicken joint for an hour.

 

Meanwhile, Seulgi was also filming her segment. She walked into one of SM’s practice room and surprised a friend.

 

“Taeyong-ah…” Seulgi called.

 

The dude turned around and smiled. He bowed at the camera crews.

 

“Hey guys, this is my friend Lee Taeyong. Yong-ah, say hello.” Seulgi said.

“Annyeonghaseyo! Taeyong imnida.” Taeyong bowed.

“So, Taeyong here is an SM trainee and he will be debuting soon.” Seulgi said.

“Ye, Seulgi-sshi is right. I will debuting soon. Please look forward to it.” Taeyong said.

 

Seulgi hang around with Taeyong for a while, before leaving to meet up with Seungyoon at a nearby coffee shop

 

“So, how’s your meeting with your friend, Seulgi-sshi?” Seungyoon asked.

“It was great. I’ve got to see what he’s doing. It’s nice to see him again after not seeing him for a while now.” Seulgi said.

“So, who’s this friend?” Seungyoon asked.

“Seungyoon-sshi, are you jealous?” Seulgi asked.

“Aniyo. I’m just really curious.” Seungyoon said.

“You’ll meet him in an hour. He’s just finishing up something. So, how’s your friend?” Seulgi asked.

“She’s doing great, but she’s a little busy. So, we might have to stop by for only a couple of minutes.” Seungyoon said.

 

A guy in a hoodie walked into the shop and called Seulgi.

 

“I guess he’s here.” Seungyoon said.

 

Seulgi stood up and welcomed the dude.

 

“Hey.” Seulgi smiled.

“So, what’s up? Are you still filming?” Taeyong asked.

“Uh. We’re filming now.” Seulgi said.

 

“Taeyong-ah, I want you to meet Seungyoon. Seungyoon-sshi, this is my friend Taeyong.” Seulgi introduced the two boys to each other.

 

After having some drink, Taeyong said goodbye to Seulgi and Seungyoon and went back to SM’s practice room.

 

At lunch, the pair walked into a chicken joint with the camera crew with them. Seungyoon hung his arm around Seulgi like old friends and walked up to the cashier. 

 

“Welcome to Mr. Chicken’s Kitchen! What would you like for today?” The cashier said.

“Hi, Jaeyeon-sshi! One Chicken meal, Chicken Waldorf salad and two iced teas, please.” Seungyoon smiled.

 

The female look at Seungyoon and glanced at the girl with him. She then noticed the camera in front of her.

 

This is part of the show, Jaeyeon. No need to worry.

 

Jaeyeon gaze shifted to the monitor. She tapped on the orders and smiled at the idol.

 

“That’ll be 25,000 won, sir.” Jaeyeon smiled.

 

The idol handed the cashier his cash and received the beeper.

 

“Thanks for ordering. Have a nice day!” Jaeyeon smiled.

“I’m not gonna go just yet. Seulgi-sshi, this is Jaeyeon. Jaeyeon-ah, this is my partner, Seulgi.” Seungyoon smirked.

 

Jaeyeon shifted her gaze to Seulgi, gave her a bow and greeted her.

 

“Hi. You must be Seungyoon-sshi’s friend. Nice to meet you.” Seulgi said.

 

Jaeyeon forced a smile and shifted her gaze at Seungyoon’s arm.

 

What is this idiot up to now? ~ Jaeyeon

 

Let us see who comes crawling into my arms now. ~ Seungyoon

 

After the mind games, Seungyoon and Seulgi finally exited the shop and proceed to their other schedule.

 

When the show aired, everyone was blown away. B.I was one of them.

 

“What are you gonna do about it, man?” Bobby asked.

“I’m gonna talk to Seungyoon hyung about this.” B.I said and stepped out of the lounge.

 

He knocked on WINNER’s lounge and found the boys fooling around.

 

“Seungyoon hyung, can I talk to you?” B.I asked.

 

Seungyoon stood up from his seat and stepped out of the room with iKON’s leader.

 

“What’s up?” Seungyoon asked.

“Is there something you want from my girlfriend?” B.I asked.

 

Yes, idiot. I want her.

 

“What are you talking about?” Seungyoon asked.

“I’m not comfortable seeing you use my girlfriend to woo Seulgi-sshi. Lying about the fact that you know her for a long time already is something I cannot tolerate.” B.I said.

“Hanbin-ah, I’m not lying about knowing her for a long time. Didn’t she tell you? She and I are childhood friends.” Seungyoon said.

“She did mention having a childhood friend, but I didn’t think she would meet him again.” B.I said.

“Well, maybe you should talk to her first. I don’t wanna come out as someone bad here. I’m just showing everyone my real life.” Seungyoon said.

“Ok. Sorry about that, hyung.” B.I said.

“I totally understand.” Seungyoon nodded.

 

She will be mine soon, Kim Hanbin.

 

“Hey.” B.I smiled.

“Hey.” Jaeyeon said and led the idol into her place.

“How are you?” B.I asked.

“I’m ok. How are you?” Jaeyeon asked.

“I’m good. Uh, I wanna talk to you about something.” B.I stated.

“Go on.” Jaeyeon said.

“I didn’t know that you and Seungyoon hyung were childhood friends.” B.I flashed a slight smile.

“Oh. You must’ve watched his show.” Jaeyeon nodded.

“Why didn’t you tell me?” B.I asked.

“He caught me by surprise, Hanbin. Things just weren’t as good as before. I didn’t wanna see him at all, but he’s forcing himself to me. I didn’t know what to do, so I just played along. You know I don’t like that much attention.” Jaeyeon said.

“Is he hitting on you?” B.I asked.

 

Yes, he is.

 

“No. He’s just asking for forgiveness, which I haven’t been able to give him ever since we’ve met.” Jaeyeon said.

 

I don’t wanna cause trouble in your friendship and the workforce, so I’ll just keep my mouth shut.

 

The mind games went on for two more weeks. B.I was growing suspicious of Seungyoon’s actions. Jaeyeon still ignored Seungyoon’s flirting attempts. 

 

Even in the midst of having filming schedules for their show, the girls were still preparing for their repackaged album comeback. The girls now sport darker colored hairs.

 

One busy day, GOT7’s Jackson paid a little visit to his girlfriend’s album jacket photo shoot set for The Red. The male idol surprised his girlfriend with a secret back hug. Shocked, Seulgi froze.

 

“Hey you.” Jackson whispered to her ear.

 

Seulgi turned her head and beamed.

 

“Jackson, hi. W-what are you doing here?” Seulgi asked.

“I just came here to visit my girl. Wow! You’re looking way too hot right now.” Jackson bit his lip in a rather y way.

“Yah!” Seulgi playfully hit him on the shoulder.

“I’m serious. If we aren’t in a set right now, I would’ve kissed you already.” Jackson said.

“But we can’t, so hold your hormones together, buddy.” Seulgi smiled.

 

“Yes, babe. I will control myself. So, how’s it going with the album and the show?” Jackson asked.

“I am having fun with the show. WINNER is really cool and fun. Seungyoon-sshi is a warm person. He’s pretty cool. He is hilarious too.” Seulgi said.

“It seems like you and Seungyoon-sshi are hitting off pretty well. I’m starting to feel distant.” Jackson said.

“Jackson, Seungyoon-sshi is a good co-star who I get along with. That’s it. Plus, the guy has someone he likes.” Seulgi said.

“I’m just not comfortable of you having so much physical contact with each other. At first, I was, but it’s getting a little bit off.” Jackson said.

“Ok, well, I will limit my interactions with him.” Seulgi said.

“Thanks.” Jackson said.

 

Soon Red Velvet made their comeback for the mini album. Coincidentally, GOT7 also had their comeback in the works. At the backstage of M! Countdown, Red Velvet bumped onto GOT7. The group was busy but did not fail to take a break and visit who paid a little visit to their friends BamBam and Jr who were both MCs. They exchanged greeting before Jackson completely took Seulgi away.

 

“Hey. How are you doing?” Jackson asked.

“Hey yourself. I’m good. I’m pumped up for this comeback.” Seulgi said.

“That’s my girl.” Jackson smiled.

 

Meanwhile, Joy was busy catching up with her friend Yugyeom, whom she worked with during in SBS Gayo Daejun. That left Irene, Yeri and Wendy free. Leader JB, casually slid his way to the girls, trying to catch Wendy’s attention. The pretty Red Velvet member turned to him and engaged in casual conversation. Awkward, Irene and Yeri informed Wendy that they’ll be using the girls’ room and excused themselves. 

 

If Taehyun was around, he would’ve snapped JB’s head already for flirting with ‘his’ girl. Lucky for him, Wendy was a people person, so she practically gets along with anyone.

 

“My number? Um, ok?” Wendy said as she exchanged phone numbers with GOT7’s leader.

 

While three members of GOT7 flirted with the girls of Red Velvet, the rest dispersed. Eldest member, Mark and Youngjae walked back to their lounge, while Jr. and BamBam were busy MC-ing.

 

JB then walked in, dancing around in joyful manner.

 

“I just snagged a pretty girl’s number! Can I get a booyah?” JB cried.

“Let me guess, Red Velvet’s Wendy?” Mark asked.

“Uhuh! Take that, losers.” JB cried.

“Dude, you have a big competition up your sleeve. Did you forget that she’s pretty much paired up with WINNER’s Taehyun-sshi ever since SBS Gayo Daejun, while you got Lovelyz’s leader Baby Soul? Face it, dude. You’ll not be getting any closer to her than being acquaintances.” Mark said.

“Hey, I can dream. Plus, look at Jackson, he practically flirted his way to Seulgi-sshi and now, those two are together. Yugyeom is also working his charms with the maknae, Joy.” JB said.

“Whatever!” Mark cried.

 

On the next episode of Rookie Adventures, Seungyoon took Seulgi to a billiard place, something he had promised to do during the previous episodes.

 

While showing his partner the sport, he could see how much Seulgi was curious. So, after demonstrating his skill, he walked up to Seulgi, grabbed her hand and handed her the billiard stick.

 

“Seungyoon-sshi, I don’t know how to play.” Seulgi said.

“I’ll teach you.” Seungyoon smiled.

 

WINNER’s leader stood behind Red Velvet’s visual and guided the lady in every step. He held onto her hands and guided her on how to strike the cue ball. Soon, the ball lunge onto the other balls, dispersing them away. Seungyoon smiled when most of the balls had entered the holes.

 

After a series of strikes, Seungyoon let go of Seulgi’s hands.

 

“Now, why don’t you give it a try?” Seungyoon asked.

“Uh, ok?” Seulgi said as she tried playing billiards by herself, while Seungyoon watched her play.

 

After numerous failed attempts, Seulgi finally got the hang of the game.

 

Meanwhile, Mino brought Irene and Jinwoo to the underground rapping world. Here, the two idols witnessed how the rappers work.

 

“Woah!” Irene couldn’t stop admiring the scene.

“Some of the underground rappers do this to earn money. I once won cash from people who betted for me.” Mino said.

“Nice.” Jinwoo smiled.

 

“Mino, my man! Whazzup?” A guy cried.

“‘Zup, man!” Mino gave the guy a bro handshake and a quick hug.

“Are these friends of yours?” The guy asked.

“Yeah! Jinwoo hyung here is my fellow member. Irene-sshi is a member of Red Velvet. I’m here to show them around us for next week’s broadcast of Rookie Adventures.” Mino said.

“Nice and hello to you, pretty lady.” The guy kissed Irene’s hand.

 

Jinwoo and Mino froze, while Irene blushed.

 

“Ok. So, hyung. What are you guys doing right now?” Mino cut the awkward air.

“Uh, we’re preparing for a rap battle right now. You wanna join?” The guy asked.

“Sure. You guys wanna watch, right?” Mino asked.

“Anything that floats your boat, man.” Jinwoo said.

“Noona?” Mino asked Irene.

“Uh, sure. I could use some rapping lessons from the pros.” Irene smiled.

 

The three idols spent the next two hours watching battles after battles. While Mino was catching up with his friends, Irene and Jinwoo wee seated along the VIP area.

 

“Mino is really good, huh?” Jinwoo said.

“Yeah. He is.” Irene smiled.

“Do you like him?” Jinwoo asked.

“Ne? Ah, aniyo. I think he’s a good artist and I admire his works.” Irene said.

“I see.” Jinwoo nodded and looked away.

 

After rapping on stage, Mino walked back to his team and smiled.

 

“How’d you like my stage?” Mino asked.

 

Irene gave him a thumbs up, while Jinwoo clapped for him.

 

“Do you wanna try?” Mino asked.

“Aniyo. I’m good.” Irene said.

 

A week later, the episode aired. The boys of GOT7 happened to have watched the show and boy was Jackson not pleased. 

 

“What’s with the sour face?” Mark asked.

“Should you have to ask? Take a look for yourself.” Jackson said.

 

Mark glanced on the TV and back to Jackson.

 

“I see. Dude, it’s just a show. I’m pretty sure everything is staged.” Mark said.

“Staged or not staged, I’m not pleased.” Jackson said.

“Seulgi will never let herself be drawn to Seungyoon. She likes you too much. Seungyoon is our friend. He will never hit on your girl. I’m pretty sure they are good friends, considering that they have been working together for two months now.” Mark said.

“Whatever.” Jackson said.

“Before you go all green-eyed monster, get your facts straight.” Mark said and shut up.

 

“Check Jinwoo hyung out. He’s glancing at Irene-sshi weirdly.” Jr. said.

“I think he likes her.” Jackson remarked.

“And check her out. Look at the way she looks at Mino-sshi.” JB said.

“Is this some love triangle?” Jr. asked.

“What does it look like? Duh, Jinyoung!” Jackson sang.

 

The scene the boys were watching shifted to Seungyoon and Seulgi. The male idol was now teaching Seulgi how to play pool. The extreme closeness of their bodies made the boys of GOT7 look at Jackson.

 

“Ok. He just crossed the line.” Jackson cried.

“And he cracked…” Mark mumbled.

“Jackson, calm down. It’s just a show. What was Seungyoon suppose to do? Show her how to play without guiding her? Relax. He knows his boundaries.” JB said.

“Says the guy who flirted his way just to acquire a certain Red Velvet’s phone number. I’m gonna talk to Seungyoon about this.” Jackson said.

“How? He’s probably busy filming.” JB said.

“I’ll find a way.” Jackson said.

 

Unfortunately, WINNER’s leader and Seulgi’s partner was out of reach. He was too busy to squeeze Jackson in, so the latter just had to keep the concern all to himself for the moment.

 

On the same week, the green couple and the blue couple filmed their segments. Taehyun had the privilege to enter SM headquarters and meet SM artists. He also met the lucky guy, whom he envy the most.

 

“Namtae, I want you to meet Johnny. Johnny, this is WINNER’s Taehyun.” Wendy said.

 

The two boys exchanged bows and handshake. Johnny grabbed Taehyun’s hand and firmly held onto it, making Taehyun flinched in pain. In return, the male idol squeezed Johnny’s hand, creating tension.

 

Wendy noticed the tension and broke it off.

 

“Ok. Namtae and I are here to film our episode for next week. I’ll be showing him around and probably hang with him the next few hours. So, I’ll let you continue your training. Good luck!” Wendy said as she gave her boyfriend a quick hug and walked away with WINNER’s maknae.

 

“What was that, Mr. Nam?” Wendy said.

“What’s what?” Taehyun asked.

“I saw a tension back there. What’s up?” Wendy asked.

“He gripped on my hand really tight, so I was just giving him a payback to escape from it.” Taehyun said.

“Boys…c’mon.” Wendy shook her head and walked away from the idol.

“Wait up! I’m the guess here!” Taehyun cried.

 

Meanwhile, Seunghoon planned a surprise for partner, Joy.

 

“So, we’re gonna surprise Joy in her class right now. We’ve been given permission to enter her room. So, let’s go.” Seunghoon talked to the camera.

 

Seunghoon knocked on the door and opened it. The teacher and everyone in the room glanced at the doorway and gasped.

 

“Annyeonghaseyo WINNER Seunghoon imnida!” Seunghoon bowed at everyone, igniting murmurs and squeals.

 

“Surprise! How is it like seeing oppa in your school, Sooyoung-ah?” Seunghoon smiled, directing his gaze at Joy.

 

Everyone turned to Joy, who was very red at the moment. Joy was speechless. She had not expected that her partner would visit her in school.

 

“Uh, speechless…” Joy said.

“So, as I was briefed, Seunghoon-sshi will be performing for us right now. After class, he and Sooyoung-sshi will go around to give fan service.” The teacher said.

 

By lunch, the two idols roamed around the cafeteria and giving everyone fan service.

 

“Aren’t you having lunch?” Seunghoon asked.

“Uh, would you be kind to wait for me while I get myself some food?” Joy asked.

“Yeah, sure. And I see you're back to brunette now.” Seunghoon nodded. Joy chuckled "Yeah".

 

The two idols settled down on one of the spots in the cafeteria and happily chatted with each other while the camera was rolling. Girls from Joy’s school gradually walked up to them and asked for photos and autographs from the idol.

 

A week after, the episode aired. Fans got to see more of the idols’ lives.

 

============================================================================================

A/N:

How did you find "Rainbow Boys"? Hehe. I know it's not as creative...my bad. I just thought that since RV had such colorful outfits in Happiness, why not incorporate rainbow in the boys' cover.

Second, we all know that RV and GOT7 did not have their comebacks at the same time. RV made a comeback on the 10th of September, while GOT7's comeback stage kicked off on the 1st of October. Since Jr and BamBam are MCs, I've decided to bring the rest of the boys to the building to support them and of course, Jackson visiting Seulgi.

 

In this chapter, I wanna show that Jackson is starting to feel uncomfortable over Seungyoon and Seulgi's interaction in Rookie Adventures. 

And...Yes! JB has a crush on Wendy...which is an important fact to point out as it impacts the development of the story. 

 

How did you like it? Comments!