Chapter 27

Living Famous

Hi guys! I know it's been a while since I last had an update for this fic and I apologize for my inactivity. I had a busy last week of school before Christmas break, a bad case of writer's block and then I was out for a vacation in Seoul that I did not have time to upload. But, now I am back with a new chapter. I hope you enjoy!

===========================================================================================================

iKON has successfully made their comeback in the K-Pop scene after a year and for the first time, YG management had allowed them to take part in a variety show outside of the top three TV networks. As soon as the Arirang management announced that the boys will appearing in After School Club, fans from all over the world raved over it, struggling to get a chance to interact with the boys through Google Hangout and even through Twitter. The three MCs were also informed about the boys’ guest appearance and boy, Jaelee was nervous. She knew the boys way more than anyone else, so she was afraid that she would spoil some of their secrets. Two hours before the live show, the boys arrived in Arirang station and dressed up. In her dressing room, Jaelee couldn’t help but panic. Just when she closed her eyes to take a breather, her phone vibrated. A Line message appear on the screen. 

 

From: Kim Jiwon

Hey. I am here backstage. Where are you?

 

Jaelee knew that meeting her ‘boyfriend’ along the hallway would create suspicion, so she had to tell him not meet her. 

 

To: Kim Jiwon

Bob, I don’t want people to be suspicious. Just stay where you are. Let’s just meet on the set in two hours. Sorry.

 

Bobby sighed. He knew that she would say it but he took the shot. A small smile formed on his face as he replied to her message.

 

To: Lee Jaeyeon

Ok. I’ll meet you at the set, but I miss you, okay. It’s been three weeks.

 

Two hours later, the show finally began. The MCs then welcomed everybody to the show and introduced the guests for the week.

 

“So, as you all know our guests for this week is none other than the boys of…” Jackson began. I.M chanted the drum roll. Altogether, the three MCs cried “iKON! Annyeonghaseyo!” The boys bowed at the MCs and the camera. “Are you ready? Showtime! Annyeonghaseyo iKON imnida!” B.I and the rest of the boys greeted. Everyone sat back. “Whoa! iKON is here! Bangapsubnida!” Jackson cried, while the two MCs nodded. Monsta X’s I.M spoke up. “Why don’t you introduce yourselves, guys?” He said. One by one, each of the boys say their greetings and introductions in front of the camera. “Well, iKON is back for a new album which will showcase better sound for their fans. So, what is the title of your album, B.I-sshi?” Jackson asked. The leader revealed their album’s name and discussed a little bit about it. 

 

Eventually, the MCs called for the first hangout person to greet and interact with the boys. “Ok! So, for our first hangout, we will be joined by Ginger from the UK. Ginger, please say hi to iKON and tell us what you wanted to request.” Jaeyeon said. The first hangout person nodded. “Ok! Hi! I’m Ginger from the UK and I would like to ask B.I oppa a question.” I.M translated it for the leader to which he nodded to. “Here it goes…B.I oppa, is it true that MC Jaelee eonni is your ideal type?” She asked. The MC in question and her secret boyfriend froze on their seats. The question was too personal but he had no choice but to answer it. B.I glanced at the shocked Jaelee and then back to the camera. “Yes, she is my ideal type but we are just good friends.” He said. Both Jaelee and Bobby heaved out a sigh. 

 

After playing one game, they were back to entertaining hangout participants. Everything was going smoothly. In the midst of the Q&A game, Bobby noticed how Jackson was acting beside the lovely female MC A.K.A his girlfriend. He spotted the older male idol stealthily flirting with her and took note of it. He didn’t wanna go ballistic in front of the camera and on live television. The fans would grow suspicious and his group mates would too. Throughout the show, he stole glances at the female seated in the middle of two male hosts. He was dying to hold her but he had to stop all the urges or people would suspect things and it will not be pretty. It was not helping him calm down either that the MCs, particularly Jackson was teasing Jaelee for her ties with B.I.

 

Bobby, calm down. They are just teasing her because they don’t know the truth. And you can’t exactly tell the truth yet. But damn! Jackson is really driving me insane. His blatant flirting with my girl is getting on my nerves. Ugh! 

 

“Well, that wraps up our program. Now, let’s take a picture altogether.” Jackson cried. Jaelee then walked towards Bobby’s side and sat right beside him, pulling out a v sign. The male idol then stealthily wrapped his arm on her waist and did a pose for himself too. Jaelee froze at Bobby’s touch but quickly masked it with a smile. Thinking that no one could see him, Bobby kept his arm on her back. On the ending credits, After School Club played the boys’ new song as they sang along with it and even goofing around. Jaelee joined in the fun and goofed off with ‘em too. “And cut! Great job, everyone!” The PD halted the filming and played the full ending credits.

 

The boys and the MCs each bowed each other goodbye and went their separate ways. Being the only female MC, Jaelee had a separate dressing room. She walked back to her said lounge to dress down. In the midst of her long backstage trip, someone ambushed her with a bear hug from behind, followed by a loving kiss on the cheek. She froze. The culprit then spoke up. “Miss you.” He said, prompting the female idol to relax. She turned her head slightly and smiled. “Hey…miss you too, Bob.” Realizing their current position, she squirmed away from him. “What the hell, Bob? We could’ve gotten caught.” Jaelee protested, but the male idol merely chuckled. 

 

“Relax. No one’s around anyway.” He cried, but she shook her head. “No, we can’t be so sure. Just act normal, Jiwon.” She cried. He simply shook his head, draped his arm over her shoulder and walked away with her. “No can do, Jae. It’s been weeks. I deserve this. Now, let me lead you back to your dressing room. I don’t think your staff would be suspicious, right? They all know that you’re friends with iKON.” He said. She nodded. “Touché.” 

 

Unbeknownst to the pair, someone indeed witnessed their affectionate encounter. 

 

Noona is seeing iKON’s Bobby-sshi? Well, that explains why he was glaring at Jackson hyung and the way he placed his arm around her waist earlier. 

 

Bobby then joined the female idol in the dressing room. Her staff members were surprised at the male idol’s sudden visit. There were exchanges of bows, before they exited the room. “Now, I’ve got you all alone. What should we do now?” He asked, with a hint of mischief in his tone. The female idol eyed him suspiciously. “Oh no. I am not making out with you here. No way.” She cried. He chuckled “Don’t worry, we are not doing such at all right now. I just wanna hang with you.” and wrapped her into a hug. “Aren’t the guys wondering where you are right now?” She said. Bobby snickered. “Let them go crazy finding me. For now, it’s you and me.” He said. iKON’s main rapper spent the next ten minutes cuddling with his girlfriend on the couch provided in her dressing room. 

 

By the time he got back to his group’s dressing room, the boys threw endless questions at him. “Chill. I just went to chat with Jackson. I lost track of time.” He lied. Jinhwan eyed the Korean-American member. He knew something wasn’t right but dropped his suspicion instead after failing to come up with a proof. Soon, the boys left the building.

 

Jackson had ultimately decided to leave Seulgi alone. Besides, he was falling for a certain pretty co-MC. That just left one more person hanging onto the pretty Red Velvet member, her closest male friend and SR15B’s main dancer, Taeyong. The guy’s practically in love with her since day one and since the GOT7 member was out of the picture, he’s been working up his courage to confess after more than five years now. “Dude, are you sure about this? It seems like she doesn’t feel the same way for you, man.” His best friend, Johnny patted him on the shoulder, but Taeyong brushed off his negativity and chuckled. “I’m pretty confident that she will love me, man. With Jackson-sshi out of the picture, I can rightfully take what’s mine.” He said. Johnny merely shook his head in disbelief. He thought that his friend was going delusional. 

 

One random day, someone had rung on the girls’ doorbell. Seulgi, who was out on the living room decided to take a look for herself. She shuffled to the door, checked the surveillance footage and froze. “T-Taeyong? W-what is he doing in here?” She mumbled to herself and quickly unlocked the door. Opening it, she was met with the male idol’s bright smile. “Taeyong? What are you doing here? D-don’t you have schedules lined up for today?” She asked. The boys lips curved into a sly smile. “Can’t a guy sneak out and visit his female friend on a rather busy day?” He said. The female idol eyed her friend suspiciously and then let him in. “So? What’s up? You are not the type of person who would go out of his way to meet someone who lives in a dorm out of the way. Why are you here?” She asked him. He chuckled. “What’s with all the questions, Bear? Are you doubting me this time?” Taeyong asked. Before the female idol could speak up, someone spoke up from behind. “Bear, who’s at the…door? Oh, Taeyong-sshi, hey.” A surprised Seungyoon came out of the kitchen, with an apron wrapped on his waist. The younger male idol stood frozen along the doorway. He didn’t expect WINNER’s leader to be on the scene. He was hoping he could flirt with his female friend but his plans backfired. “What really brings you here, Taeyong?” Seulgi asked him for the third time. Awkwardly, Taeyong thought of an alibi. He realized that he had a bag of goodies on his hands. His face lit up awkwardly. “Uh, I came here to give you these. The guys and I happened to pass by your favorite pastry shop. I thought I could get you some goodies from it. H-Here you go.” He said as he handed her the said pastries. Seulgi nodded awkwardly and received the paper bag. “Er, thanks Yong. You didn’t have to come all the way here. You could’ve given it to manager oppa. He’s in the headquarters right now. But thanks.” She said. Taeyong nodded and flashed an awkward smile. “Well, I had a spare time, so I thought I came here. I didn’t know that you had company. I should, um, go. See you around, Bear. Bye.” The younger male idol turned around and walked out of the girls’ dorm, leaving the two idols both confused.

 

“Ok? What was that about?” Seungyoon spoke up. Seulgi shrugged her shoulders “I guess he wanted to give me these.” brought the paper bag at chest level and placed it down on the counter. The WINNER member wasn’t convinced. He sensed that the guy was up to something but couldn’t really sense what it was. So, he dismissed it immediately. Meanwhile, Taeyong hopped into a cab back to SM headquarters, pissed. 

 

I can’t believe she replaced me with him. And it seemed like he was too comfortable in her dorm. I don’t approve of this. No way. Who the hell does he think he is? I am Seulgi’s best friend and no one can ever replace me.

 

“Dude, please don’t tell me you snuck out of the headquarters to stalk Seulgi noona.” Johnny cried. Taeyong chuckled. “I did, but she had company, so I just dropped off some goodies and left. Who the hell does he think he is? He just met her four years ago while I’ve known Bear for nearly eight years. He seemed to be really comfortable in her dorm. There’s no way I’m letting him get away with it.” He cursed. Johnny eyed his friend weirdly. “Who are you talking about, man?” He asked. Taeyong growled. “Seungyoon-sshi. He was in her dorm earlier.” He cried, earning an eye roll from the Chicago-born idol. “Oh brother. Taeyong, my friend, she and the guy have been friends long enough for him to be comfortable around her and her friends. I will not be surprised if he decides to make a move on her.” Johnny stated, earning a growl from Taeyong. “Don’t you ever say that, man. Seulgi is mine.”

 

Johnny rolled his eyes again. “She doesn’t belong the anyone, man. With this obsessive attitude, there’s no way you’ll ever win her over. Trust me.” The said idol had learned his lesson with Wendy. He let her go a year after she confirmed her relationship with WINNER’s maknae and moved on. Now that his best friend is undergoing the same bug, he had to do what it takes to stop him from creating the biggest mistake of his life. He tapped on Taeyong’s shoulder and exhaled. “Get over it, man. I’m serious.” Taeyong did not take Johnny’s words seriously. He pursued his quest to win Seulgi over.

 

Days later, Seungyoon was to make a guest appearance in Tablo’s radio program, alongside female soloist Park Boram. It was a long time since he last met with the female singer. In the program Tablo kept teasing the two idols, saying that they should hang out often. The male idol did not like the way his senior was pushing him to Boram, but he can’t show it. Meanwhile, the female soloist seemed to be pretty okay with it, thinking it was just harmless and playful taunting.

 

The next day, news articles of Seungyoon and Park Boram being teased in Tablo’s radio program surfaced online. Them exiting the building together also added up to the buzz. Netizens and news agency speculate that there maybe something more than friendship between them. They seemed to be really comfortable with each other. This reaches YG but they neither confirm or deny it.

 

Now back in his dorm, the boys cornered him. “Dude, what are you gonna do about this ‘controversy’ involving you and Boram-sshi?” Mino asked, but WINNER’s leader simply sulked. “I don’t know. I guess it will just disappear after some time.” Seunghoon then stepped in. “Well, what about Seulgi? Wouldn’t she be bothered by this?” Seungyoon shook his head. “Seulgi is not the jealous type. I think she will understand my situation here. I can’t exactly broadcast to the whole world that we’re dating. Well, not yet anyway.” Seungyoon explained, earning nods from the boys.

 

“See, I told you he wasn’t making a move on her. Now’s my chance, man.” A male idol smirked, earning a dramatic eye roll from his best friend. The said friend then exhaled. “Taeyong, don’t you dare do it. You’ll only make a fool of yourself. Clearly, Seulgi only think of you as a friend, so you should just stick to being one.” He cried. Taeyong chuckled and then faced his friend. “Johnny, I’ve waited eight long years to tell her how I feel. I am not backing down now. Since Kang Seungyoon is caught up in a dating controversy with Park Boram-sshi, now is my chance to get my hands on the girl who’s rightfully mine. You can’t stop me, man.” He cried. Johnny sighed.

 

The issue with Boram did not die down sooner as Seungyoon expected. Netizens and news agency were digging up clues as regard to their ‘relationship’. It was also not helping that YG isn’t denying anything and that people in the company were asking him about it. Furthermore, Taeyong’s constant visit to Seulgi’s dorm was getting on his nerves too. How exactly did he find out? Well, Wendy was reporting to him every other day. 

 

“Seungwan, I need you to keep an eye on him while I’m not around, okay? I know Seulgi wouldn’t like it that I spy on her but I can’t help it. I’m very positive that Taeyong is up to something.” Seungyoon cried. Wendy nodded from the other line.  “You can count on me on that, Seungyoon. I, for one, am really suspicious with Taeyong’s actions too. Don’t ya worry. I’ll keep you updated on him.” The female idol said. Seungyoon flashed a smile. “Thanks. I’m hanging up now. Bye.” And he hung up.

 

Wendy kept Seungyoon updated with Taeyong’s ‘visits’ for the next two weeks and the male idol was getting frustrated than ever. He couldn’t leave his dorm on the height of his dating scandal with Park Boram, who was also getting on his nerves too for not denying the rumors. “UGH!!!” He cried out, making Taehyun jump out of his bed. “Wah! W-what is going on?” The maknae stammered. Seungyoon dropped his body onto his bed and shut his eyes. “I can’t take it anymore, man. I don’t think I can handle another wave of this torture.” He cried. Taehyun sat upright and listened to his friend’s ranting. “Sajangnim is not doing anything to stop the rumors and neither is Boram. Did they plan this to happen? For what? Boram is a good friend but if she actually likes me in some way, then…holy crap! She likes me!” He bolted up and cursed. He then faced the confused Taehyun and cried “Dude, Boram likes me.” Taehyun shook his head. “You are in deep trouble, man.”

 

Seungyoon palmed himself on the face and collapsed his body on the bed again. “I’ve never rejected a girl’s affections before, man. What the hell do I do?” He cried. Taehyun exhaled. “Just tell her that you can’t accept her feelings and that you like someone else, duh.” He spat. Seungyoon rolled his eyes. “Thanks for concern, man.” He scowled.

 

“So, Wendy told me that you’ve been asking her to keep an eye on this Taeyong dude. What’s that all about?” Taehyun asked. Seungyoon palmed himself yet again on his face. “Aish! You are indeed the loose lip couple. You can’t even keep a secret. Ok, so I asked Wendy to keep an eye on Taeyong. Recently, he’s been casually visiting my girlfriend in her dorm. Your girlfriend seemed to be suspicious on his actions too, so she was more than willing to monitor him for me. Obviously, Seulgi cannot be informed about this. It’s just between me and Wendy. You better not spill the beans or I would cut your tongue.” The leader cried. Taehyun playfully saluted. “Aye, aye, Captain Kang!” 

 

Taeyong’s ‘casual’ visits were taking a toll on Seungyoon’s patience. His girlfriend finally took a notice of her friend’s odd behavior and informed her boyfriend. “Yoon, I think Taeyong likes me.” The male idol, who was taking a sip from a glass of water, choked on his own water after hearing what Seulgi had to say. After clearing out his throat, Seungyoon spoke up. “What?” He pretended to be clueless. “Well, I think he likes me. His constant visits are getting really suspicious already. Last night was total give away. He hit on me.” She said. This made Seungyoon’s blood boil. 

 

That’s it! I am taking this matters on my hand whether people like on or not!

 

He smirked. “I know just the way to get rid of him.” Seulgi’s eyes shot. “What? Yoon, you know that’s not what I meant.” She protested, but Seungyoon cut her off. “Well, I do. Bear, I’ve asked someone to monitor his actions for me for the past two and a half weeks. Judging by what you said, I think it’s time to show him who he is messing with.” He cried. Seulgi sighed. “What are you up to, Yoon?” She asked. Seungyoon simply smirked. “Brace yourself for your boss’ interrogations, Bear. I will be setting the bomb off tomorrow.” He said. Before Seulgi could protest, Irene called for dinner, so she had to hang up on her boyfriend.

 

True enough, the next day Seungyoon prepared himself to drop the bomb to the whole world. He was scrolling down onto his photo gallery in search for the perfect explosive photo. After a minute and a half of scrolling down, he came across the perfect one. A smile crept on his face. “Bingo!” He muttered. Quickly, he opened the Instagram app and then uploaded a photo of a brightly smiling Seulgi on his feed.

 

@w_n_r00: Isn’t she the cutest? I’m a really lucky guy! *insert heart emojis*

 

And send! If this will not make him back off, then I don’t know what will.

 

An hour after uploading his latest Instagram post, the world wide web gone frenzied. Netizens and fans were going wild over the male idol’s mysterious post. YG and SM received countless phone calls and emails from news agencies after the male idol dropped the bomb. To say that Yang Hyunseok and Lee Sooman were pissed was an understatement. They were furious. 

 

No one from Red Velvet had Instagram accounts, so none of them knew what was going on. WINNER, minus Seungyoon, on the other hand, were going crazy over their leader’s explosive revelation. “Seriously? You chose Instagram as your vehicle to drop a massive bomb like that? Dude, do you know what this means? Your post will go viral and sajangnim will be furious.” Main rapper, Mino cried. Seungyoon simply smirked. “Well, it’s about time I drop the bomb, guys. You see, I just need to teach a certain prick a lesson for messing with me. If he thought that flirting with my girlfriend is a good thing, well he is certainly mistaken.” The boys rolled their eyes dramatically. “You are gonna be so screwed, man.” Seunghoon cried. Seungyoon smiled. “I’ll take that shot any day.” 

 

That afternoon, Seungyoon was summoned to the headquarters. The male idol knew what was he was up against. 

 

This is it, Seungyoon. Just tell him the truth. He will understand.

 

“Seungyoon, you should’ve consulted me. You should know that.” The boss stressed. Seungyoon bowed his head. “Joeseonghabnida, sajangnim. I just couldn’t take anymore of the pressure. Some guy is hitting on my girlfriend but I couldn’t do anything about it because I’m in the middle of a groundless rumor that you can’t seem to address. I had to do what I had do to. I love Seulgi and I want the whole world to know that.” The male idol stated his side. The boss sighed. “You know that we can fix this without that unnecessary action, right? I didn’t want to address the situation between you and Boram-sshi because, like you said, it’s a groundless rumor. I don’t like wasting my time on something not worth it. Since we can’t do anything about it anymore, I will have to talk to SM to settle on the press release date. In the meantime, please stop posting reckless stuff, ok? Please set as a good example for your group members and your hoobaes.” The man said, earning a nod from the leader.

 

Seulgi was summoned to her boss’ office too. To say that she was nervous was an understatement. She was terrified. She had no clue on what and how her boyfriend drop the massive bomb and honestly, she was curious too. By the time she walked into Lee Sooman’s office, she was shaking in fear. The boss kept a calm façade despite the fact that he is really furious. “Ms. Kang, I’d like to hear it from you. Please do the honors and explain to me what exactly is going on between you and WINNER’s Seungyoon-sshi?” The man asked. Seulgi took a deep breath. She knew deep inside that he was gonna ask her that question somehow. “H-He’s my boyfriend, sajangnim. We’ve been dating for roughly two years now. I’m sorry for keeping this from you, sajangnim. We were just not ready to tell the whole world about it, until today.” She finally revealed. The man sighed. Seulgi continued to explaining herself until the boss spoke up. “Well, I guess there’s no point in hiding it, right? I will talk to YG about this and we’ll settle on the press release details. You may go.” The boss said and dismissed the female idol.

 

Seulgi heaved a sigh of relief after a two minute tensed meeting with her boss. Walking into her group’s lounge room, the girls gave her a curious look. “So, why did sajangnim summon you to his office?” Wendy asked. Seulgi took a deep breath and relayed everything to her friends. Joy gasped. “Wow! A declaration of love on the Internet. That sounded exactly like…” Wendy sighed and spoke up. “My relationship with Taehyun…I can’t believe he took the risk and did that. On the bright side, Taeyong wouldn’t be bothering you any time now that your relationship with Seungyoon is revealed.” Wendy cried. Seulgi nodded in agreement.

 

Soon YG and SM released an official statement regarding Seungyoon’s controversial Instagram post. They finally confirm the pair’s relationship, sending the netizens and fans in frenzy. Park Boram who had held a crush on Seungyoon was heartbroken, while Taeyong was utterly pissed. “I told you so, man.” Johnny patted his best friend’s shoulder. Taeyong felt dejected. For eight years, he worked up his courage to tell the girl of his dreams that he loved her, but all had gone down to the drain after one single Instagram post. Without a word, he rushed into his room and slammed the door shut.

 

He screamed his heart out in frustration.

 

Eight years of working up the courage to tell you how I feel and yet you still chose him over me. Why Seulgi? Why him? 

 

Pissed, he balled his fist and punched the mirror, breaking it into shards of glass, sending the rest of the boys in panic.

===============================================================================================

There you have it! 

A/N:

1. Yes, Eric Nam, Kevin and Jimin stepped down as MCs of After School Club and were replaced by Jackson, Jaelee and I.M. 

2. I know that YG doesn't really let its artist promote in broadcast stations except for Mnet and SBS, but in this case, they allowed everyone to promote in other TV stations.

3. Jackson has a thing for Jaelee? Yes, he does and only I.M and Bobby noticed it.

4. Jinhwan has been suspicious of Bobby's actions lately but he couldn't put a finger on why exactly is he acting weird.

5. Poor Taeyong, he got his heart broken. He should've listened to Johnny.

6. It to be Boram too. She got her heart broken.

7. Finally, Yoon-Gi couple can flaunt their love for each other to the public now.

 

Comments!

 

Next chapter will be up in a few weeks time. Please be patient with me. Thanks! :)