Chapter 22

Living Famous

Hey guys! I'm back! Sorry if it took so long. I've been busy with school work but now that the semester is over, I am able to upload frequently. Without further ado, here is the next chapter. Enjoy!

===========================================================================================================

Now that Jaelee’s music show promotions have ended, she was offered different endorsement projects for Ivy Club and photo shoot with Ceci Korea. One day, she was tasked to appear in the Ivy Club photo shoot. Joining her is the thirteen-member boy group, SEVENTEEN. 

 

While she was getting ready with her hair and make-up, the boys were busy fooling around. They will be meeting Jaelee in a while and most of them were pretty nervous, especially Wonwoo, who had caught a crush on her.

 

Leader S.coups patted him on the shoulder “What’s up? You’re being quiet all of a sudden.” The younger idol shook his head “I’m fine, hyung. Why do you think that?” S.coups chuckled “I can see you’re nervous as , man. I know that she’s pretty, but you really gotta calm yourself down.” The leader said. Wonwoo argued “I’m not nervous, hyung.” S.coups rolled his eyes “Whatever you say, Wonwoo.” He stood up and walked away.

 

Jeon Wonwoo quietly played around with his phone when deep inside he is a nervous wreck. Ever since he caught sight of Jaeyeon at the backstage of M Countdown, he couldn’t get her out of his head. The boy was beyond blown away. Adding to her beauty is of course her amazing voice, which made him even more crazy. S.coups, the group’s leader, was the only one who knew that he has a huge crush on the female idol. He caught the younger member watching her performance videos in music shows and even her guest appearance in Weekly Idol and Cultwo in his phone one day. From then on, the leader wouldn’t leave him alone. 

 

God! Why do you have to be so pretty?

 

Then came the actual photo shoot. Jaeyeon stepped out of her dressing room and met the boys at the site. Bows were exchanged between two parties. The said shoot went on for the next two hours. Throughout the said shoot, Wonwoo was fidgety. 

 

S.coups tapped his friend on the shoulder. “Wonwoo-yah, it’s your turn.” The younger idol turned to his friend and crooked his eyebrow. “Eh? What do you mean, hyung?” S.coups chuckled “Aish! You were zoning out again, huh? Well, you and Mingyu have pair shots with Jaelee-sshi. You should go on standby.” The leader informed his group mate. Wonwoo nervously nodded his head “O-ok. T-thanks for the heads up, hyung.” 

 

He stood up from his seat and shyly made his way to the waiting area. S.coups cracked up. To say that Wonwoo was nervous was an understatement. He was panicking inside. He had the biggest crush on Jaelee among the boys and he did not know how to act around her. Watching his friend Mingyu interacting with her made him jealous. He knew that it was a pathetic feeling, but he couldn’t help it. What he was feeling was more than just a boy fawning over his favorite artist…it was a crush. Soon after Mingyu ended his shoot, Wonwoo stood up from his seat and walked over to the set where Jaelee was. He bowed to her nervously, to which she returned with a smile. At the sight of her smiling made Wonwoo all giddy inside. S.coups couldn’t stop laughing. 

 

“Yah, hyung! What’s so funny?” Los Angeles-born Joshua asked. S.coups chuckled “Take a look at Wonwoo. He is dying of happiness inside.” The leader continued cracking up. Joshua turned his attention onto Wonwoo, who was clearly nervous. Even his smile was unusual. 

 

“Does he…?” Joshua asked and S.coups nodded “Yep! I caught him fan boy-ing over her one day. He got it really bad with her, Jisoo. No matter how much he denies it, his actions speak for him. I just hope this crazy infatuation will not turn bad, you know. She’s really close to Chen sunbaenim and I think there’s more than friendship between them. If my assumptions are correct, then Wonwoo will be really crushed.” The leader explained.

 

“Hyung, so it’s not just a petty fan boy crush?” Joshua asked. S.coups shook his head “Believe me, it’s more than fan boy-ing. If he is, do you think he would be this nervous and happy? I don’t think so. I have to ask Wonwoo why he is acting this way though.” S.coups said. Joshua nodded “Ok.” 

 

Soon, Wonwoo and Jaelee wrapped up their shoot. It was then the female idol’s turn to have her photos taken. The boys walked back to their dressing rooms. On their way there, S.coups tapped on Wonwoo’s shoulder “I need a word with you, Wonwoo-yah.” Wonwoo froze but eventually nodded. “I know you like her, man and not just any kind of like. You have a huge crush on her. Yet, I need to warn you, man.” S.coups said.

 

Wonwoo chuckled nervously “What makes you think that I like her, man?” S.coups glared at him “Dude, you have her photo as your phone’s wallpaper. Her song is on repeat in your playlist and you’ve got like hundreds of photos of her in your laptop. Don’t those say that you like her? Look, I’m not mad that you like her. I actually find it cute that you have a little crush on her, but you should know your limits, man. She is a rookie and an idol from a different company. We don’t want you distracted. Oh and be discreet. You’re way too obvious. Jisoo and I can see right through you.” The leader advised. Wonwoo nodded “Aight! I know that, hyung. It’s not like I’m flirting with her. I couldn’t even look at her straight in the eye.” S.coups chuckled “Yeah! I see.”

 

Later that day, Jaelee had received a phone call from a certain someone. Too bad she couldn’t get a reception, so she had to step out of her dressing room. “Sorry about that, oppa. Bad reception. So, what’s up?” She asked. The guy on the other line chuckled “Just wanna hear my girlfriend’s voice. It’s been a while. How are ya?” She smiled “You’re really cute, oppa. Anyway, I’m good. I just wrapped up my photo shoot for today and will be up for another one tomorrow.” The guy smiled “Well, that’s idol life for you. Hey, are you free tonight?” He asked. Jaeyeon pondered over her schedule silently and then smiled “Yeah! As soon as I get back to the dorm I’m free.” The boy on the other line smiled “Great! Let’s meet up. How’s Viva Polo sound?” He asked. Jaelee nodded “Sure. I’ll inform manager oppa and then I’ll meet you. How’s 10pm sound?” She asked. He smiled “Sounds good.” 

 

As she was heading back to her dressing room, she bumped onto a preoccupied Wonwoo. “Oh, I’m so sorry.” She apologized. He looked up and as soon as he met her face, he quickly gave her bows “J-Joeseonghabnida.” She smiled “It’s fine, Wonwoo-sshi. I wasn’t looking either. Uh, please excuse me.” She the excused herself away from the male idol. He just watched her walked away.

 

N-No p-problem, Jaelee-sshi…

 

Her next schedule was a photoshoot with her label mates SR15B for the cosmetic brand Nature Republic. She replaced Taeyeon as the main female model and the boys took EXO’s spot. Bows and annyeonghaseyos were exchanged as soon as both parties entered the set. 

 

SR15B’s Jaehyun sat next to her and greeted her. “It’s nice to see you here, noona!” Jaelee smiled “Nice to see you here too, Jaehyun-sshi. I guess you guys replaced EXO sunbaenim, huh?” He nodded “Mhmm, yeah. Congratulations on your successful debut though, noona. You were great!” He cried.

 

Jaeyeon chuckled “Thanks. It means a lot from a sunbae, Jaehyun-sshi.” Jaehyun nodded “So, noona, what have you been up to these days? I heard you wrapped up your music show promotions.” The younger idol asked. Jaelee smiled “Well, I have different photo shoots lined up. Next week Chen oppa and I will be doing photo shoots for Ceci Korea and China. Hmm and manager oppa said that I have a big project lined up. He is still confirming it though.” She responded. Jaehyun nodded “That’s a lot of work, but I hope you do great.” 

 

Jaeyeon nodded and smiled “Will do. Thanks for the motivation Jaehyun-sshi.” He smiled “Anytime, noona! I should get going. I’ll meet you later.” The male idol bowed at the female idol and jogged away.

 

After her photo shoot with the boys, Jaelee went back home and took a break. She found it empty.

 

The girls must be at practice.

 

She tossed her purse aside and dumped herself on her bed. She closed her eyes and relaxed her mind. She had been working non-stop for the whole week and everything was tiring her. She had never expected to be extremely busy but given that she was signed with a top entertainment company in the country, she had to face reality. 

 

Suddenly, her phone buzzed. A Line message appeared on her phone’s screen.

 

From: Bobby 

 

Nothing is impossible, but when things start getting complicated, take a step back, relax, breathe and go on. Push yourself to the best but don’t forget to breathe.

 

She chuckled at her friend’s message. It was if he read her mind. Smiling, she tapped away to send him a message too.

 

To: Bobby

 

That was creepy of you to send an encouraging message, Bob. It seemed like you knew that I’m actually stressed out right now.

 

A while later, Bobby replied. 

 

From: Bobby

 

I heard from Yunhyeong that you’re doing back to back photo shoots and another one tomorrow. Take a break, Jae. You should not forget to breathe.

 

She smiled “Oh! Yunhyeong. Yeah! He called me up last night. Hmm, thanks for the encouragement message, Bob. It means a lot.” She replied.

 

She received another message and this time it was from her boyfriend. 

 

From: Jongdae oppa

 

Hey. How’s my girlfriend doing? Are you eating well? Sleeping well?

 

She smiled and typed away “Yeah, I still eat my meals. As for sleep, I kinda lack some from all the photo shoots and such, but I’m good. I’ll probably head to bed quite early tonight so that I will feel good tomorrow. Can’t wait to see you tomorrow, oppa.”

 

The next day, Jaelee did a photo shoot for Ceci Korea with her boyfriend, EXO member Chen. Knowing that many people were clueless about their relationship, the couple kept their interactions minimal and strictly platonic. 

 

Her schedules went on for another week before they lay low a bit. One free day in her dorm, Jaelee received a call from her manager “Jaeyeon-ah, you’ve been asked to join We Got Married. W-what do you say? Would you go for it or not?” He asked.

Jaelee almost choked on the water she was sipping onto “W-W-We Got Married? A-are you sure about that, oppa? That’s a really big project.” She asked. 

 

“I’m not bluffing, Jaeyeon. I got you a spot for We Got Married. So, what do you say? Yay or nay?” The man from the other line asked the female idol “Oh wow! We Got Married. Hehe. I don’t know. I guess I’ll be okay with that. I-I’m in.” She said. He smiled “Great! I’ll call the producers now to confirm.” and hung up on her.

 

Shocked, Jaelee collapsed on the couch and stared blankly on the ceiling “I am gonna be on We Got Married. Wow.” She mumbled before collapsing back onto her bed.

 

A week later, Jaelee signed the contract thereby confirming her appearance in the said TV program. The negotiations happened and then the filming date was set. “You are set to film your first episode next week, so please be guided.” The PD announced and Jaelee’s camp agreed.

 

Another week later, the female artist and her staff members flew all the way to Los Angeles to film her first episode and meet her “husband” to be. “You’re meeting your “husband” tomorrow, so get ready. Up by 7am, okay? We need you ready by 10am.” The manager ordered.

“Ye.” Jaelee nodded.

 

Meanwhile, a group of boys were chatting loudly in the room. “Lights out, boys! You guys have a busy day ahead tomorrow.” The boys’ manager cried and the boys obeyed.

“Hear that, man? You’re meeting your ‘wife’ soon. Dude, tell us who she is, ok?” One of the guys teased his friend.

“Dude, calm down. You look so nervous.” Another dude chimed in.

“I am not nervous about meeting her…whoever she is. I’m nervous that I will mess up my Korean. You all know that I am not good at it.” The dude in the hot seat spoke up.

“You’ll do fine, hyung.” The maknae assured.

 

The next day, the boys left the hotel early for their early morning schedule. The boys will be dropping off one of their members as he will be participating in the said virtual reality show. While the boys were chatting loudly in the car, the chosen member had his ears plugged with a pair of earphones. He silently listened to music and shut his eyes to calm down. 

 

Soon, they arrived at the site.  The guys looked around “We’re at a beach? Sweet! I bet your “wife” is swimming now.” One of the boys teased.

“She must be really hot for you to meet her here.” Another dude teased.

“Well, wish me luck. Catch you later, guys. Peace.” The dude said as he leapt out of the van and walked away with his manager.

 

The rest of the boys were then driven out of the beach, while male idol group member and his manager walked over to the production team and greeted everyone.

“Glad you made it early. Ah, now let’s get you ready. We have prepared the set. All you need to do is to act natural. We don’t want to be seen as a scripted show again. We have specially prepared two ice cream cones for you today. You will have to hand this to your “wife” upon meeting your her. Agree?” The stage manager cried.

 

The idol group member nodded and waited for the filming to official start.

 

At 9am, Jaelee and her staff were off to the site too. Their filming location was in Santa Monica Beach. It was summer, so it was the perfect time to go swimming. The female idol stepped out of the car, walked over to the production area and greeted everyone “Glad you made it! Now, let’s get you ready. We have prepared the set for you. All you need to do is to act natural. You will meet your “husband” over that shack. You may have make-up now.” The production staff said.

 

An hour later, Jaelee stepped out of the make-up tent and set up her lapel microphone. She walked over to the shack when the PD cued her to.

 

Soon, the camera began rolling and the filming officially began. Jaelee was wearing a blue sundress, gladiators, a sun hat and sunnies. She waited for her “husband” to arrive.

 

Meanwhile, the “husband” held onto two ice cream cones each with two scoops of ice cream on them. He walked over to the shack to meet his “wife”.

 

When the “husband” was finally close to his “wife”, he immediately wrapped his arm around her while holding onto the ice cream cones. “Ice cream for you.” The husband said, to which the wife accepted.

 

The male idol unwrapped his arms off the female idol. They greeted each other politely and spent the next couple of hours filming. During a break, they got to know more about each other.

 

“Nice to meet officially you, Mark-sshi.” She pulled her hand out for a handshake to which the male idol accepted. He smiled “You too, Jaelee-sshi.” Mark said.

 

“I suppose you aren’t comfortable speaking Korean huh?” Jaeyeon asked and the male idol awkwardly nodded “Y-yeah but I’m coping. So, I did not know that you speak English. I thought I was gonna have a hard time.” Mark responded and she chuckled “Kinda spent four years here. So, I had to adapt to the culture, right?” The male idol nodded.

“So, my group mates talk about you from time to time.” He added. Jaelee nodded “Really? Oh, what an honor to be the subject of your conversations.”

 

He chuckled “Jaebum thinks that you’re really good and Jackson, being himself, is a fan boy. I think you’re pretty good. You sing really well.” Jaeyeon nodded “Thank you. It really means a lot coming from a sunbae from another company.” 

 

“So, you lived in here in LA, huh?” Mark asked and the female rookie nodded “Yeah. I spent high school there. You?” 

“I was born here in Cali. Hmm, in Arcadia by the way and spent years growing up in Brazil and Paraguay before moving back. I was casted into the company when I was in school.” He said.

“Ah. I was casted in Seoul actually. Yang Hyunseok sajangnim initially approached me when I was back in the university. He offered me a chance to train but I declined him. I just didn’t want anything to do with music then but people urged me to pursue it. Eventually, I realized that I had been putting off my dream and so I decided to take SM Entertainment’s offer. So, I was casted, trained and now I’m here.” She explained.

 

“That’s cool. So, your song is really good. I heard that you wrote it yourself.” Mark said and Jaeyeon nodded “Thanks and yeah, I did write it, but Lay sunbaenim helped me compose it though. I was surprised that the company decided to use my song for my debut album. I thought that I was gonna use a composer’s song. It was such a great honor that the company used my song for my promotions.” She explained.

 

“That’s great. Jaebum has it on repeat. He really liked it.” Mark said. Jaeyeon nodded “Well, I’m honored. Thank you.”

 

Later that night, the boys cornered their friend.

 

“So, who was it, dude? Who’s the “wife”?” The male idol’s closest friend asked.

“A rookie solo artist. Jaelee-sshi.” The male idol answered.

“What? The monster rookie who swept off the charts with her debut pop-ballad song she collaborated with EXO’s Chen?” The friend cried.

“Uh, yeah. She’s the one.” The male idol nodded.

“Damn! You got yourself a pretty wife!” The friend remarked.

“She is pretty and she’s nice.” The male idol smiled.

“Outta boy, Mark Tuan! Keep up the good work.” His friend smirked.

“Quit it, Jackson! You and I both know she’s from SM. So, she’s off-limits. I’m doing this for the show.” The male idol, Mark cried.

 

Soon, the rest of GOT7 joined in the conversation.

 

“So, who’s the lucky girl who gets to be your “wife”?” Leader JB asked.

“The monster rookie, Jaelee.” Jackson answered.

“No way!” Jr. cried.

“Uhuh! The one and only…” Jackson nodded.

“Man! Be a good husband!” JB cried.

“You’re just jealous ‘cause you have a huge crush on her, hyung.” Maknae Yugyeom remarked.

“I am being serious. She is from SM. If you do something rash, you’ll be in big trouble. Take it easy on her.” JB warned.

“I know that, Jaebum. I am the eldest here.” Mark retorted.

“Don’t play the hyung card on me, Mark. You maybe the eldest but I am the leader. I’m responsible for my group mates’ actions. Be serious.” JB cried.

“Yes, I know that. Jackson is the one who clearly wants to flirt with her.” Mark said.

 

Everyone glanced at Jackson.

 

“What? She’s pretty and she’s a really good singer.” Jackson said.

“Whatever! Just stop asking me too many question and ordering me around. I know what I’m doing. I’m not gonna do anything that will hurt her or my reputation.” Mark cried.

“Good.” JB nodded.

 

Soon, the first episode aired. The show received high ratings for Mark-Jaelee couple’s first time in the said program. Netizens were thrilled to see them every week.

 

On their second filming day, Jaeyeon officially met Mark’s group mates, i.e., the rest of GOT7. They set the filming in Seoul and both parties gathered together in a We Got Married house.

 

Before the camera rolled, the boys of GOT7 were fooling around in their dressing room.

 

“I can’t wait to meet her, dude.” Jackson patted Mark’s shoulder. The older dude chuckled “You just can’t stop flirting, don’t you? What happened to your quest in getting Seulgi back?” Mark spat.

 

“Dude, I didn’t say that I’m giving up on Seulgi. I want to meet your ‘wife’. She seems nice, pretty and really talented. Can’t a guy fan boy for once?” Jackson cried. Mark rolled his eyes “Whatever, man. Just don’t flirt with her in front of the camera. You don’t exactly have a good image.” He warned and Jackson nodded.

 

Soon, the boys officially met Jaeyeon. Jackson was obviously flirting with her and JB couldn’t even speak a word to her without blushing. Mark couldn’t stop giggling at the sight of his friends fan boy-ing over his on-screen wife. After filming, Jackson and JB were still starstruck. While the two boys were calming themselves down, Mark decided to hang with his on-screen wife for a while.

 

“I’m guessing that Jackson is hitting on me.” Jaelee said and Mark nodded “You could say that. He is just a really huge fan boy, you know. He does this all the time. When we first met Red Velvet, he was all over Seulgi. His flirting did work on her, as they dated but it was also the reason why they broke up. Just don’t mind my best friend.” Mark explained. Jaeyeon chuckled “It’s nothing. I’m used to it. I’ve got friends back in LA who hits on me all the time. Oh and I get this a lot from iKON too.” She responded. 

 

“iKON?” Mark asked. Her eyes shot. She wasn’t supposed to say that. “Uh, y-yeah. I once lived in the same dorm building as they do and well, I was pretty tight with them. Yunhyeong used to hit on me all the time. It was nothing serious though. He and I are strictly friends.” She smiled and Mark nodded “I see.”

 

Later that night, the boys teased their leader for not being to speak up because he was too starstruck. “Yah! I was not. You guys were all ganging up on her. I couldn’t speak up. Plus, Jackson was clearly flirting with her. I don’t want to add up. Mark, keep your on-screen wife away from this guy here. He is so greasy.” JB cried. Mark chuckled “Already on it, man.”

 

The boys of EXO found out that their female friend is in WGM. Baekhyun went ballistic but boyfriend, Chen was rather calm.

 

“Dude, you gotta calm down. It’s just We Got Married.” Chen ordered. Baekhyun crooked his eyebrows “Aren’t you a least bit bothered about her going through a virtual marriage with another idol?” He cried. Chen chuckled “Well, it’s just a show, man. I trust her.” He said. “Well, can you even trust him? What if Mark-sshi falls in love with her for real?” Baekhyun argued. Chen rolled his eyes “Oh, will you relax, man? You’re acting as if you’re her boyfriend. Stop being so dramatic and unprofessional!” Chen cried.

 

Baekhyun panicked “What if he kisses her? Will you still be okay with that?” Baekhyun cried. Chen palmed himself on the forehead “Baekhyun, we’re idols. It’s our job. Get over it!” He shook his head in disbelief.

 

Weeks passed since rookie artist Jaelee and GOT7’s Mark began working together for We Got Married and each time they film, they grew closer and closer to each other. With common interests, they had soon forged an unlikely friendship. They even follow each other on Instagram.

 

In between breaks, Mark and Jaelee would chat with each other. At this specific time, they had decided to play a game.

 

“Would you rather eat an extremely sour kimchi or make out with a hobo?” Mark asked and Jaeyeon smirked “That depends…is the hobo a male or female? Hmm, oh and if he is male, then is he hot?” She asked. Mark cried “Male and definitely not hot.” Jaeyeon shivered “I’ll rather drown myself with kimchi than make out with a creepy hobo.” Mark chuckled “If I was a hobo, would you make out with me?” He smirked.

 

She playfully tapped her finger on her cheek “Hmm, I’ll rather not.” Mark pouted “Why not? I’m not a creepy hobo.” He protested. She chuckled “Yeah. Hobo or not, I am not making out with you, Mark.” She cried. Mark rolled his eyes “Now, it’s my turn. Would you rather stay confined in a room full of dirty, stinky socks for a whole day or be Jackson for the rest of your life?” She smirked.

 

“I’ll rather be Jackson for the rest of my life. Being him is easy rather than staying confined in a foul smelled room, you know.” Mark said. Jaelee crooked her eyebrows “Cool. Now, your turn.” She ushered him. Mark smiled “Hmm, let’s change this game to never have I ever.” She nodded “Call.”

 

Meanwhile, Yunhyeong had found out that their friend Jaelee had joined We Got Married. 

 

“Guys, check this out! It looks like our muse has recently joined We Got Married.” The male idol pointed at his phone. Bobby sat right next to Yunhyeong and check the video out for himself. “She’s in the show with Mark hyung.” He muttered and the leader snapped “What? Let me see.” He ordered. Bobby handed the phone to his friend. B.I watched the video and he did not like it. It showcased the “Ice cream couple” going to a theme park together and he was not that pleased.

 

“So, she’s in a virtual marriage with Mark hyung…this is bull.” The leader cursed. Bobby rolled his eyes at his best friend “Dude, get over it. Besides, this is We Got Married, man. It’s a scripted show. It’s like any other drama out there, only there’s no story. Stop going around cursing every time she interacts with a male idol. You two aren’t dating anymore so you lost the right to be a jealous boyfriend.” He spat.

 

“I never said that I would be giving up on her, right? I’m still wooing her no matter what.” B.I argued. Bobby rolled his eyes “Fine, dude. Whatever.”

 

Through the course of the virtual marriage show, Mark slowly found himself falling for his on-screen wife, Jaelee. He tried suppressing his growing feelings, yet it kept bothering him.

 

Why can’t I stop falling for you, Jaelee? 

 

“Earth to Mark, are you there?” Jaeyeon waved her hands on his face. Mark snapped out of his bubble “Hmm?” He asked. Jaeyeon chuckled “You were spacing out. A-are you okay?” She asked. Mark smiled “Yeah, I’m fine. So, where were we?” He asked. She shook her head “We’re supposed to rehearse this dance as we are up against other couples this show, M. Now, get your off the floor and rehearse with me!” She cried.

 

Mark chuckled and pushed himself off the floor. The pair spent the next two hours rehearsing for their dance contest with the other couples the next episode. Every time, Mark comes in skin contact with his on-screen wife, he couldn’t stop feeling fuzzy inside. 

 

The dance competition was a success. They were able to beat the other couples out and emerged as champions. They gave each other high-fives and Mark wrapped his arm around her for a hug.

 

“You were amazing.” Mark cried. Jaelee smiled “I know. Now, will you let go of me now, Mr. Tuan?” She asked.

 

Mark realized what he was doing and removed his arms from her.

 

Gah! Hold it together, Mark! You are not supposed to fall for her. You’ve been in love with Mijoo for three years now and you still are. This is just a stupid infatuation.

 

On the virtual couple’s fifteenth episode, they would be meeting each other’s parents. Mr. and Mrs. Tuan actually flew all the way from Los Angeles to Seoul just to see their ‘daughter in-law’ and their son.

 

Since Mark’s parents could speak Korean at all, the couple resorted to speaking in English. They all sat together in the dining area of their ‘conjugal’ home, while the cameras were rolling on the side.

 

“So, Mark told us that you were from LA too. That’s a great thing! We wouldn’t have a hard time communicating.” Mrs. Tuan smiled. Jaelee giggled “Oh, yes, Mr. and Mrs. Tuan, but I’ve not been in LA for so long. I just spent four years of high school there and moved back here in Seoul for college.” She explained. “That’s okay. We’re glad we could converse in English.” Mr. Tuan said.

 

The couple spent the next forty-five minutes hanging out with Mark’s parents and the adults both loved Jaelee.

 

“We’d love to see you again some other time, Jaeyeon. You are one lovely lady.” Mrs. Tuan cried brightly. Jaelee chuckled “Oh, thank you, Mrs. Tuan and it has been a pleasure to spend time with you.” She smiled.

 

However, the female idol’s parents wouldn’t be able to fly all the way to Seoul, so the show resorted to a Skype meeting.

 

“It’s a pleasure to meet you, Mr. and Mrs. Lee. We may not have met physically, but I’m glad we’ve gotten to meet at least through Skype.” Mark greeted. Mrs. Lee chuckled “It’s fine. It’s a pleasure to meet you too, Mark.” She smiled.

 

At the end of the episode, Mr. and Mrs. Lee had quite a good time with their daughter and her virtual husband. The viewers of the said program had gone crazy when they witnessed the meet the parents segments, driving more people to ship Mark and Jaelee.

 

Finally, it was the last day of filming. The show was wrapping up the virtual couple’s run in the program for Jaelee had more projects lined up for her and GOT7 was gearing up for a comeback. Fans were saddened by the news of the couple’s exit from the show but still cheered on them. 

 

The pair was filming their last scene. Mark was trying to calm himself down. He was not looking forward to it at all. 

 

Damn it, Mark! Get it together! 

 

Jaelee emerged out of the dressing room and the fidgety Mark became even more nervous. 

 

Oh just great! She emerged from the dressing room and is dressed beautifully. What did I do to go through this torture? Damn! Get a grip, Mark!

 

“Ok, so all you guys have to do is spend the whole time together here in the cinema. And the end of the movie, we will be asking you to say your goodbyes to each other. Oh and we’ll be asking you to talk about your last episode in the black room.” The PD explained and virtual couple nodded in agreement.

 

Mark smiled at his female friend “It’s showtime.” He muttered. Jaelee nodded and walked out of the car with him. The pair walked into the theaters together with cameras following them behind.

 

Mark had took the honor to buy snacks for them. The pair sat in the middle of the theater, cameras rolling right in front of them as they watch an action film. The female was wearing a rather thin layer of clothing as it was summer. Mark, being a gentleman, took his jacket off and placed it around her to keep her from getting chilly. “Thanks!” She smiled at Mark and directed her attention to the screen as she shoved popcorn in .

 

The male idol found it oddly attractive and was trying hard not to get . 

 

Damn it! Why can’t I calm down? 

 

She crossed her exposed legs together and continued watching the movie and Mark was getting uncomfortable each second with her skin exposure and the fact that they are sitting close to each other. 

 

So as to keep the engagement going on, they chatted while watching the movie. When the film ended, the room lit up and the cameras were focused on the pair. Mark shifted to his side as he was cued and faced Jaelee. The female idol faced her virtual husband and smiled.

 

Mark in a breath of air and smiled back. “So, I guess this is it.” He begun. Jaelee nodded “Uhuh. It’s been a pleasure hanging around with you as your ‘wife’. You will make a good husband to your future wife.” She smiled and Mark nodded “It’s been a pleasure working with you, Jaelee. We have grown closer this past few months and I hope we can still hang out sometime. Um, you will make a good wife too. You know…to your future husband.” He awkwardly replied. Jaelee nodded and smiled “Thanks. Let’s hang out sometime after this show…as friends.” Mark nodded “Will do.” He smiled and stood up, spreading his arms for a hug.

 

The female idol willingly accepted her soon-to-be ex virtual husband’s goodbye hug. She wrapped her arms around his diaphragm area and leaned her face on his chest “Gonna miss you, my friend.” She muttered. He kissed her crown and smiled “Gonna miss you too, J.” Mark muttered and pulled away, his face was still pretty close to that of Jaelee’s.

 

Without inhibitions, he cupped his hands on both her cheeks and slowly inched his face closer to the female idol. Jaelee stood frozen on the ground with both her cheeks sandwiched between Mark’s big hands. “Mark…” She muttered before receiving the biggest shock of the century. 

 

Mark had crashed his lips on her while the cameras were rolling! It has been a totally crazy move but he did not hesitate to do it. He closed his eyes and continued kissing her, gently feeling her lips against his. A smile crept on her lips before she kissed him back. With that, Mark pulled away, panting.

 

“Goodbye…” He said. Jaelee nodded and the PD called for a cut.

 

In the black room, each were interviewed.

 

“How did it feel when Mark-sshi kissed you?” The PD asked. Jaelee exhaled “Wow. I honestly felt really surprised. I did not know he was gonna kiss me but I guess it felt…normal.” She explained. “Uh? W-what makes you say that?” The PD asked. She hummed. “Well, I guess we are just really comfortable with each other. Having lived in the US was also a factor. We have been both accustomed to a less conservative culture, wherein you can casually kiss anybody without feeling awkward.” She elaborated.

 

Meanwhile, Mark was evaluated with the same question.

 

“Man! Honestly, I was surprised. I was surprised at myself for doing that but I guess I had done it because we were just comfortable with each other. We have grown close enough through the course of the program and I can say that we had forged a really tight friendship you know. Kissing her felt normal.” He explained.

“Well, can you say that you’ll pursue her when given the chance?” The PD asked.

 

Mark chuckled and shook his head “Oh, I don’t know. She’s a really nice person and really likable but no, I don’t see myself pursuing her. We’re just really good friends.” He answered.

 

At the end of the filming, Mark approached Jaelee. “Hey, sorry about that kiss. I guess I got carried away with the scene, you know. We’ve been hanging out lately and well, I thought maybe a kiss wouldn’t hurt. I mean we’re both comfortable with each other and all, you know…” He awkwardly explained himself and she let out a giggle “It’s fine. I would’ve probably done the same thing if I was in your place.” Mark smiled “Cool.” 

 

“So, this is a goodbye, then.” Jaelee continued. Mark nodded “Yeah, see you around, J.” He cried and turned around backwards. She nodded “Yeah, see you around.”

 

“You have soft lips by the way, J.” Mark smiled as he walked away. “You too, M. Oh and about your ‘would you rather’ question…I lied. If you were a hobo, I would totally kiss you. See ya!” She smirked, flipped her hair playfully and skipped away, earning a chuckle from Mark.

 

As soon as the episode aired, netizens buzzed around about their goodbye scene. Fans were shocked that Mark kissed Jaelee and more importantly commented on their answers in the black room interview.

 

@MrsTuan143: Oh! They are so dating! How can friends kiss each other and say that it’s normal? Even I can’t do that! 

 

@IceCreamCouple4eva: Aww! They are so cute! Mark is so sweet. Call me delulu but I think he does like her. I mean, how can he not? She’s really nice and you see how much chemistry they have on-screen!

 

@Jaelee<3: Ooh! They totally like each other! If they don’t, well then why did she kiss him back? I’ve hit the replay button numerous times and I’m positive that she kissed him back!

 

These comments had triggered dating rumors of the newly exited pair. SM and JYP immediately took action and shot down all the rumor mill, disappointing the fans.

 

Right after watching the Mark’s last stint in WGM, Jackson confronted his friend. “You actually like her, don’t you?” He asked and Mark nodded, slumping his head back on the couch. “Well, then why didn’t you make a move, man?” Jackson argued. Mark shook his head “Because I wasn’t supposed to, man.” The male idol spat.

 

Jackson immediately stood up from the couch “What? That’s ridiculous, man! You two a very tight and you absolutely dig her!” He argued. Pissed, Mark stood up. “Because…it’s just a petty attraction! I don’t like her totally, OKAY?!” He shot back.

 

Jackson chuckled “You can’t be in WGM with her and then come out just attracted.” Jackson argued. Mark glared at him “Well, I am. Jack. I am.” He stated.

“Well, why? If I was in your place, I would’ve taken the chance and woo her ’til the end!” Jackson cried. Mark shot back “Well, I am not you, Jackson. I don’t go around wooing different girls. I have loyalty!” Mark cried. Jackson raised his eyebrows “Loyalty?” Mark groaned “UGH! Don’t you get it? For ’s sake, I am in love with Mijoo!” He revealed and Jackson’s jaw just hung loose. “You what?” He snapped. Mark nodded “Yeah…since that night in Gayo Daejun.” Jackson slumped back down “Wow.” 

 

He was speechless. Jackson had claimed to be best friends with Mark, but he never knew that his BFF was in love with a certain Lovelyz member.

 

Mark ended his argument with Jackson with one final statement. “I am not pursuing her because I love Mijoo.” He turned away.

 

Meanwhile, Baekhyun flipped when he watched the last episode. Chen then calmed his friend down. “Easy there, man. I know my girlfriend and I trust her.” The male idol cried.

 

He had watched every single episode of his girlfriend, Jaelee’s WGM stint and he had not felt jealous once. He knew he could trust her and supported her all throughout her We Got Married journey.

 

===========================================================================================================

Chapter 22 done!

 

A/N:

1. So, I may have added a little bit of SEVENTEEN in this chapter. I really like them by the way, especially Wonwoo.

2. Again, SM ROOKIES boys have no final group name yet so for now I'm sticking to SM's temporary name for them 'SR15B'.

3. So, Jaelee was casted in We Got Married along with GOT7's Mark. How was it? Sorry, I had to cut it a bit short. I can't expound it anymore.

4. So, Mark may have started liking Jaelee but he is not very serious about it.

5. WHY? It's because he is in love with Lovelyz's Mijoo for four years already. 

6. HAHA! JB and Jackson fan boy-ing over her. 

 

P.S. I am not sure about Mark's facts. I just got it from a tumblr account. 

 

Next chapter will be up soon! :)