Chapter 13

Living Famous

Chapter 13 is up! 

 

==============================================================================================================================

 

The girls arrived in the red carpet of Gaonchart Kpop Awards Night. Unlike in their usual colorful outfits, the girls were wearing dresses. They greeted everyone with genuine smiles and waves.

 

Among the other attendees were iKON, CLC, SR15B (there is still no confirmed name for them so for now this is their name), WINNER and etc.

 

The girls and the rest of the artists then settled inside the event proper, awaiting for the show to officially start.

 

Mino was stealing glances at the girls’ table, hoping to catch Irene’s attention. Since the show was still far from starting, artists roamed around, greeting each other.

 

The girls mostly interacted with their label mates, SR15B and EXO. Taeyong pulled a chair and sat beside Seulgi.

 

Clearly, the younger idol was flirting with Seulgi, somehow warning Seungyoon whom he was messing with. The latter finally caught up with Taeyong’s game and glared at him.

 

“Are you having a death glare battle with that prick?” Mino asked.

“W-what? No! Why would you say that?” Seungyoon said.

“Because that prick has been glaring at you and you are so red.” Mino revealed.

“Yes, I am in a staring battle with that punk, whom, any minute now will receive a punch if he doesn’t stop flirting with Seulgi.” Seungyoon growled.

“Jealous much. Dude, just ask her out.” Mino muttered.

“I have been.” Seungyoon said but panicked when he realized what he had just said.

 

Mino smiled at his friend’s slip up.

 

“You?” Mino smirked.

“Yes, Seulgi and I…we’re taking things slow. Damn! I can’t believe I just said that.” Seungyoon cursed.

“Well, you can’t keep a secret.” Mino said.

 

When the show proper began, artists began performing and trophies were being rolled out.

 

“Artist of the year of March is…Red Velvet! Chukhadeuribnida!” The presenter announced.

 

The girls stood up and accepted their award. 

 

They then headed backstage to dress up for their performance. 

 

“Who’s this for?” Wendy picked up a bouquet of flowers on the couch.

 

Seulgi picked the card up and skimmed through it.

 

“To Sooyoung, congratulations on your win! You deserve it. Looking forward to your stage tonight.” Seulgi read.

“I guess this is for Joy.” Wendy handed the bouquet to the tall girl, who was still in shock.

 

“So, who’s it from, Bear?” Irene asked.

“The note doesn’t say anything but an encouraging message.” Seulgi said.

“A secret admirer, perhaps.” Maknae Yeri grinned.

“Ooh! Joy has a secret admirer!” The girls teased the former maknae.

 

“Maybe it’s Seunghoon oppa. I’ll ask him later.” Joy said.

“If it is him, why wouldn’t he put his name on?” Irene asked.

“This guy’s really eonni’s secret admirer, I tell ya.” Yeri said.

 

After the show, Joy met up with Seunghoon backstage.

 

“Seunghoon oppa!” Joy called.

 

Seunghoon, who was with Mino, turned around and looked for the origin of the voice.

 

“Uh, I’ll leave you two alone.” Mino then walked away.

 

“Sooyoung-ah, what’s up?” Seunghoon asked.

“Uh, did you perhaps, hmm…send a bouquet of flowers for me?” Joy asked awkwardly.

“Uh, n-no. W-why? Did someone send you one?” Seunghoon answered.

“Uh. The sender didn’t put his name on and since he called me Sooyoung, I thought maybe it’s you.” Joy explained.

“Ah, my dongsaeng has a secret admirer, eh?” Seunghoon smirked.

“Shut up. Hmm, maybe he’s one of the EXO oppas. I’ll go ask them. Thanks.” Joy walked away.

 

Seunghoon shook his head and walked away.

 

Meanwhile, a couple of boys inside a dorm were teasing their maknae.

 

“We never knew you could pull it off, maknae.” The leader said.

“Well, I really like her. What was I supposed to do, Yongguk hyung?” The maknae responded.

“Uri Junhong sure is growing up.” Leader Yongguk cried.

“So, does she know it’s you?” Vocalist Daehyun asked.

“Aniyo. I’ll reveal my identity soon.” Maknae Zelo confidently assured.

 

Ever since graduating for SOPA, Joy has not been meeting up with her friends. One day, A-Pink’s Hayoung invited her and another friend to a get together.

 

“Sooyoung, over here!” A-Pink’s maknae Hayoung called.

 

Joy walked over to the girl’s table and met up with her friends.

 

“Hey guys. It’s been a while.” Joy cheered.

“Yeah. It has been. So, how are you? Congratulations for bagging different awards this year.” Joy’s other friend cried.

“Thanks!” Joy smiled.

 

The girls spent the next two hours catching up.

 

“So, I think I have a secret admirer.” Joy brought up.

“Really? How?” Hayoung asked.

“Well, I received a bouquet of flowers two weeks ago and well, the sender did not indicate his name on the note. So, I have no clue as to whom he may be. Manager oppa had assured that the flowers did not come from a sasaeng fan.” Joy said.

“Hmm, how about Seunghoon-sshi from WINNER? You worked together with him, right?” A-Pink’s Hayoung asked.

“No, it’s not oppa. I’ve asked him and he said that it wasn’t him. EXO sunbaenims also denied my accusations.” Joy said.

“Well, he must be from another company.” Hayoung suggested.

“Hayoung is right.” Joy’s other friend, Yerin said.

“Maybe. So, you still like Junhong?” Joy asked.

“Uh, what are you talking about? I don’t like Junhong.” Yerin denied.

“Yerin, Sooyoung and I both know you do, so don’t deny it.” Hayoung insisted.

“Ok, maybe I still like him.” Yerin admitted.

“So, has he made a move?” Joy asked.

“Eobseo. I believe he doesn’t know that I like him. Although, I would really like him to feel the same way.” Yerin shyly replied.

“Who wouldn’t like you, Yerin-ah? You’re great.” Joy smiled.

 

“Uh, this came in for you.” The girls’ manager handed Joy a box of cake.

“Cake? W-who’s this from?” Joy asked.

“Did you have to ask? It’s from your anonymous secret admirer, Sooyoung.” The manager smiled.

“I’m starting to think that this come from Yugyeom-sshi but he wouldn’t put his name on to put a thrill on all of us.” Wendy said.

“It’s not Yugyeom-sshi, eonni. He and I are just friends.” Joy said.

“Yeah, friends all right. Do friends spend two hours exchanging messages?” Wendy smirked.

“This is the third present this month. This guy must really like you, Sooyoung, but I gotta warn you about publicizing your potential brewing relationship.” The manager said.

“Oppa, it’s not like that.” Joy argued.

 

Soon, Joy received a text message from an anonymous.

 

From: XXXX

 

Hi! Have you received my little gifts for you? I hope you liked them. I picked them out myself. I know you still don’t know me and maybe wondering if I’m a creep or not. Well, don’t be creep out, I’m not a sasaeng. I’m an idol too. I’m still contemplating on revealing my identity to you. I know it’s stupid, but I don’t know if you would like me too.  ~ your secret admirer :)

 

To: XXXX

 

Hi. Yes, I received them. Honestly, they were nice. Thank you. Don’t worry, I think you are nice guy. I would really like to know you already. The curiosity is actually bothering me. Please show yourself soon.

 

A week after, Joy received another message from the anonymous admirer.

 

From: XXXX

 

Hi. I’m ready. I’m showing myself soon. If you could meet me at Tous Les Jours in Apgujeong-dong tonight at 11pm, it’ll be great.

 

To: XXXX

 

Ok. I’ll meet you there. :)

 

“Are you sure about this, Sooyoung?” Irene asked.

“Ne, eonni. Don’t worry about me. Manager oppa will be in the car.” Joy said.

 

“I’m going in now, oppa.” Joy said and stepped into the shop. It was late, so there were not much people.

 

Joy looked around and settled down at one of the tables. After a while, a tall guy walked into the same bakery and approached the female idol. 

 

Joy looked up and her eyes shot as soon as the guy approached her.

 

“J-J-Junhong?” Joy stammered.

“Annyeong, Sooyoung.” The male idol smiled.

“Y-You’re my s-secret admirer?” Joy asked.

 

The male idol smiled and nodded like a little kid.

 

“Oh.” Joy panicked.

 

It can’t be Junhong. My secret admirer can’t be Junhong. It’ll break Yerin’s heart. No.

 

“I commend you for your efforts, Junhong. Really. However, I can’t reciprocate your feelings. There are other people involve here so I’m sorry.” Joy forced a smile.

“I understand. Your members and your company are oppose to this. I’ll give you space, but doesn’t mean I’m giving up. Sooyoung, I really like you, so I wouldn’t take no for an answer.” He persisted.

 

Park Sooyoung, what are you gonna do now? Yerin is so gonna be crush when she finds out that Junhong is wooing you. No. 

 

“Thanks for the gifts, really, but it’s a no.” Joy said as she stood up and walked out of the bakery.

 

“So? Who’s the guy?” Seulgi asked.

“What guy?” Joy answered.

“Sooyoung, don’t play me. I know you met up with your secret admirer. So, who is it?” Seulgi asked.

“Zelo-sshi.” Joy responded.

“From B.A.P?” Seulgi cried.

“Uh. Junhong is my secret admirer and I turned him down.” Joy said.

“What? Why?” Seulgi asked.

“Because of a friend…a friend I can’t hurt.” Joy said.

“That’s a good thing.” Seulgi nodded.

 

“WHAT? Are you serious?” A shocked Hayoung beamed.

“Shh! Yes, Junhong confessed to me. He is the secret admirer I’ve been talking about.” Joy said in a hushed tone.

“So, what did you do?” Hayoung asked.

“I turned him down of course. I don’t wanna see Yerin hurting. Plus, I don’t feel the same way for him.” Joy said.

“That’s a relief. So, is he still holding onto you?” Hayoung asked.

 

Joy nodded.

 

“This is bad.” Hayoung commented.

“I know. I can’t make him stop. I’ve tried but he doesn’t budge. So, I’ll let him grow tired of pursuing me then.” Joy said.

“Well, I just hope that Yerin doesn’t find out. If she does, she’s gonna hate you.” Hayoung commented.

“I hope so.” Joy said.

 

BAP’s Zelo continued to pursue Joy, giving her gifts and sending her encouraging messages. 

 

“Sooyoung, just accept him already…whoever he is.” Wendy said.

“Eonni, I don’t even like him that way. Junhong is just a friend and plus, Yerin likes him.” Joy defended.

“Junhong? You mean, Zelo-sshi, right?” Wendy asked.

“Uh. There is no way I’ll ever like Junhong more than a friend.” Joy said.

“Why not?” Wendy asked.

“Because I like Yugyeom-sshi, okay?” Joy beamed.

 

Wendy’s mouth hung open on Joy’s slip up.

 

“I did not just say that.” Joy denied.

“Yes, you did. I knew you like him!” Wendy teased.

“No, I don’t. What I meant was…” Joy argued.

“I heard what you said, eonni.” Yeri chimed in.

 

Joy cursed at herself for the slip up.

 

“So, you really like Yugyeom.” Wendy smiled.

“Yes, I like him. Gosh! Why are we even talking about this?” Joy groaned.

“Well, you brought it up.” Yeri said.

“No, I did not. Seungwan eonni was complaining.” Joy pointed over to Wendy.

“Well, our dorm is becoming a toy store. If you just tell him to stop, then we can get rid of all of these.” Wendy said.

“I did, but he is too persistent.” Joy argued.

“Well, show him that you aren’t interested in him, eonni.” Yeri suggested.

“Maknae is right, Sooyoung. Show Zelo-sshi that you ain’t interested so he can take a hint and leave you alone.” Wendy smiled.

“How?” Joy asked.

“Make him think that you are dating someone so that he can leave you alone.” Seulgi chimed in.

“Yeah, what Bear said.” Wendy nodded.

 

A month later, Red Velvet was scheduled to perform in an all-Kpop act concert in Thailand. Among the other groups are GOT7, B.A.P, CLC and SR15B. 

 

In the airport, all artists stayed in one pre-departure area. Joy was feeling weird since Zelo was gazing at her every once in a while. Good thing, the boys of GOT7 were present and that they could distract her from her admirer’s weird gazes.

 

Maknae, Yugyeom stood up from his seat and swiftly walked his way to the girls.

 

“Annyeonghaseyo!” He greeted and the girls greeted back.

“If you are here to take Joy away, you may do so, Yugyeom-sshi.” Leader Irene announced.

 

Joy suddenly grew red but her blush subsided as soon as walked away with Yugyeom.

 

“Thank you.” Joy said.

“For what?” Yugyeom asked.

“For taking me out of there. I would’ve pass out from anxiety.” Joy replied.

“Anxiety? W-why?” Yugyeom asked.

“The girls are pushing me to talk to you and this guy from B.A.P is watching me and they are driving me insane.” Joy revealed.

“B.A.P sunbaenim?” Yugyeom asked.

“Uh! Zelo-sshi has been gazing at me and it’s annoying.” Joy said.

“Do you want me to tell him off?” Yugyeom asked.

“Yugyeom-sshi, he likes me and has been giving me endless bouquets of flowers and stuff animals. I’ve shut him down numerous times but he’s too stubborn. I don’t think you can do anything better.” Joy stated.

“Believe me, I can.” Yugyeom smiled.

“And what can you do, hmm?” Joy asked.

“This.” Yugyeom smirked and pulled Joy in for a huge hug.

 

Yeri motioned Wendy, who nudged Seulgi and Irene to look at their direction. The girls smiled in what they were seeing. The boys of GOT7 were giggling and fidgeting on their seats. CLC and SR15B were equally shocked with what they were witnessing and B.A.P were disappointed.

 

B.A.P’s powerful vocalist Daehyun nudged the maknae.

 

“Looks like it’s game over for you, maknae.” Daehyun frowned.

 

Zelo stayed quiet. He’s still in shock.

 

“Maknae has done it this time.” Jackson remarked.

“Yeah.” Leader JB nodded.

“Look at the girls, they look so happy.” Mark said.

“Yeah. Damn! Yugyeom has really set his bar high now.” JB said.

 

“Yugyeom-sshi…” Joy mumbled.

“He is gonna leave you now. Trust me.” Yugyeom said.

“O-ok. Y-You can let go now.” Joy said awkwardly.

“Right.” Yugyeom gently pulled away from Joy and smiled.

 

Joy and Yugyeom chatted for the next hour until their flights were called.

 

“Well, we’re off for Thailand. See you there.” Yugyeom excused himself and walked away with his group.

 

“So, what was that whole hugging stunt, huh?” Wendy whispered.

“H-He was helping me with the whole Junhong situation.” Joy revealed.

“So, you two are flirting with each other now just to get rid of that weirdo?” Wendy asked.

“Yeah. I think so.” Joy said.

“Just date already!” Wendy ordered.

 

Ever since witnessing Joy and Yugyeom’s hugging scene earlier, Zelo was quiet. The trip was more than five hours long and the male idol barely spoke a word. Himchan, who was sitting beside the maknae, nudged him.

 

“Dude, you okay? You have not said a word since the scene earlier. Say something.” Himchan said.

“I feel so stupid for even hanging onto her.” Zelo said.

“Dude, she had rejected you numerous times but you were persistent.” Himchan argued.

“I was pretty sure she didn’t have a boyfriend.” Zelo said.

“Well, she does. So, you gotta let her go.” Himchan advised.

“I don’t think Yugyeom-sshi is. I’ll get to the bottom of this.” Zelo smiled.

“What do you mean?” Himchan asked.

“I’ll look for proofs. If they are indeed dating, I will stop. If not, I will woo her.” Zelo stated.

“Oh brother!” Himchan palmed himself on the face.

 

After arriving in Bangkok, Yugyeom made his way near Joy and gave a proposal.

 

“I’ll be willing to pose as your pretend boyfriend until he leaves you alone. How does that sound?” Yugyeom whispered.

“A-are you sure? If we get caught by the media, I don’t know what excuses I would make to cover up for it.” Joy said.

“We won’t get caught. Trust me. It’s now or never.” Yugyeom proposed.

“O-ok. Let’s do it then.” Joy smiled.

“Perfect. As a heads up, I’m gonna do this.” Yugyeom pecked Joy on the cheek and walked away with his group.

 

“So, a-are you two dating now?” Wendy whispered.

“Uhuh. Kinda.” Joy nodded cluelessly.

 

Wendy grinned.

 

“Girls, Sooyoung just got herself a boyfriend.” Wendy whispered onto each of the girls’ ears.

 

The girls were all smiles when the Joy ‘admitted’ that she has a ‘boyfriend’ now.

 

All the artists hit their hotel rooms for a good rest. Some dozed off a while. Joy was still in daze. She impulsively agreed to the deal.

 

This is gonna get me in big trouble.

 

So, Yugyeom and Joy’s play dating stunt went on for the next month and there was nothing Zelo could prove that their relationship was fake, as both idols were really good at acting.

 

With nothing to prove, Zelo was slowly considering to give up. 

 

Meanwhile, the rumor of Joy dating Yugyeom has finally reached the boys of WINNER.

 

“Looks like your beloved dongsaeng is dating someone.” Seungyoon teased.

“Yeah and I have to get to the bottom of this.” Seunghoon commented and pulled his phone out.

 

After a few rings, someone picked up the phone.

 

“Ung! Y-Yoboseyo?” A female’s voice answered.

“Yah! Park Sooyoung, is it true?” Seunghoon cried.

“Nuguseyo?” The female asked.

“It’s Seunghoon oppa. So, is it true? Are you dating now?” Seunghoon asked.

“Huh, what?” Joy bolted up from her bed.

“Are you dating?” Seunghoon repeated.

“You heard too?” Joy asked.

“Yes. Taehyun relayed it to us.” Seunghoon said.

“Aish! Seungwan eonni, you big mouth!” Joy cried from the other end.

“So, it is true.” Seunghoon confirmed.

“Ani. It’s not what you think, oppa. Y-Yugyeom-sshi and I…we’re not really dating.” Joy argued.

“So, it’s Yugyeom?” Seunghoon cried.

“Yes, it is him but we are not dating, but ‘dating’.” Joy emphasized ‘dating’, making Seunghoon even more confused.

“Huh? You are not making any sense, Sooyoung.” Seunghoon said.

“We’re faking it, oppa. Geez.” Joy clarified.

“What? Why?” Seunghoon asked.

“You know Zelo-sshi from B.A.P, right?” Joy asked.

“Yes, I know him. Why is in the picture?” Seunghoon affirmed.

“Well, he is the secret admirer I’ve been talking about. I turned him down but he’s too persistent. So, Yugyeom-sshi is helping me lay him off. The best way we could think of is to pretend that Yugyeom-sshi and I are dating.” Joy said.

“Joy, you do know that when this act reach the media, it’ll be chaotic. Just turn the dude down firmly and get on with your life.” Seunghoon advised.

“Oppa, it sounds easy but it’s not. I’ve laid him off multiple times but Junhong is just too stubborn. Plus, Yerin really likes him. If his thing about me reaches her, she’ll hate me forever. I’m carefully handling the situation, so don’t worry. I’ve got everything under control.” Joy argued.

“Ok, but if things turn for the worse, just give me a call and I’ll be there.” Seunghoon said.

“Ok. Thanks oppa.” Joy said.

“Anything for my favorite dongsaeng. Jalga.” Seunghoon said and hung up.

 

“So?” Seungyoon eyed Seunghoon.

“She’s not dating the guy. Well, not for real anyway.” Seunghoon answered.

“Huh?” Seungyoon asked confusedly.

“They are dating-dating. They’re pretending to drive off an unwanted guy that has been buzzing around Sooyoung.” Seunghoon clarified.

“So, there’s another guy?” Seungyoon asked.

“Yes and he’s Zelo-sshi from B.A.P. He’s been bugging Sooyoung and the only solution for him to stop pursuing her is for Yugyeom-sshi to step in as the ‘boyfriend’ to drive him off. Got it?” Seunghoon expounded.

“Ok.” Seungyoon nodded.

 

Joy and Yugyeom’s fake relationship went on for the next few more weeks and it finally gave Zelo the signal to give up. The male idol stopped sending her gifts and even encouraging messages to her. Knowing that they had just been successful, Yugyeom and Joy finally stop their act and remain as friends.

 

=============================================================================================================================

A/N: So, Zelo here likes Joy. I got this idea from their graduation ceremony from SOPA. Joy, along with G-Friend's Yerin, A-Pink's Hayoung and B.A.P's Zelo sat together in the ceremony. 

Yugyeom actually likes Joy that is why he agreed to help her out.

Poor Zelo though. :( I just ship Joygyeom so much.