Chapter 10

Living Famous

Chapter 10 is up!

 

=======================================================================================================

 

One calm night, the boys of WINNER were relaxing in their respective hotel rooms.

 

“Hyung, what do you think the girls are up to?” Taehyun asked.

“By girls, you mean Wendy-sshi, am I correct?” Seungyoon faced Taehyun.

“Y-yeah.” Taehyun grinned guiltily.

“I’m pretty sure they are busy with something. Why are we talking about them?” Seungyoon asked.

“I have not received any message from Wendy-sshi for days and it is killing me.” Taehyun responded.

“You sound like her boyfriend. Dude, get over it!” Seungyoon cried.

 

KNOCK!

 

Seungyoon stood up from his bed and headed for the door. He opened the door and a man’s face welcomed him.

 

“Manager hyung! What’s up?” Seungyoon asked.

“I just received a call from a certain PD. He offered us, you, a chance to star in his new drama production. What do you say?” The man said.

“Drama? Cool.” Seungyoon nodded.

“Are you willing to do it?” The manager asked.

“Yeah, sure, I guess.” Seungyoon replied.

“Great. I’ll inform the management now. I will get you a script by tomorrow.” The manager said.

“Ne.” Seungyoon nodded.

 

“Drama?” Taehyun said.

“Yeah, it seems like a good opportunity. Besides, it’s been years since I last starred in one, so what the heck.” Seungyoon smiled.

 

The manager handed Seungyoon the script for the first episode.

 

“Review the script and tell me what you think.” The manager ordered.

“What is my role in this drama, hyung?” Seungyoon asked.

“You have two roles. First, you will play the teenage version of the lead male character and his younger brother.” The manager revealed.

“When will the script reading be?” Seungyoon asked.

“Friday. You will meet the cast members then.” The manager said.

 

Friday came, Seungyoon arrived in the script reading venue and met his co-stars. The male idol greeted everyone in the room.

 

“Welcome Seungyoon-sshi! We will start as soon as everyone is here.” The PD said.

 

Soon, a girl with brunette locks, in white tee, acid-washed, skinny denim jeans and white sneakers walked into the room. She greeted everyone in the room. As soon as her eyes locked with Seungyoon, the male idol froze.

 

Seulgi?

 

The idols greeted each other and took their seats. Eventually, the session started. Seungyoon, Seulgi and the rest of the actors ran through their lines. During a thirty-minute break, the two idols approached each other.

 

“How are you?” Seungyoon asked.

“I’m good.” Seulgi responded.

“I guess we will be co-stars this time.” Seungyoon said.

“I guess so.” Seulgi nodded.

 

Filming began shortly after the script reading session. 

 

The girls were transported to SM’s headquarters for rehearsals of SMTOWN’s concert. While taking a break, Seulgi decided to go through the script for her drama. She then bumped onto a male trainee.

 

“Sorry, Bear.” The male trainee spoke up.

“Taeyong, hi.” Seulgi smiled.

“Busy, huh?” The trainee asked.

“Uh.” Seulgi nodded.

“What’s with all these papers?” The trainee asked.

“My drama script. We’re filming the third episode tomorrow.” Seulgi replied.

“Drama?” The trainee asked.

“Uh, I am playing dual roles.” Seulgi nodded.

“Great. Any good co-stars?” The trainee asked.

“Ye. The cast line-up is great.” Seulgi smiled.

“That’s good. So, how are you and Jackson?” The trainee asked.

“Uh, yeah, about that…we’re not great.” Seulgi frowned.

“What? Why? Is he making you sad?” Taeyong asked.

“Honestly, he and I are not exactly together now.” Seulgi revealed.

 

Taeyong gasped.

 

“Mwo? He broke up with you? Aish! That punk…” Taeyong cursed.

“Aniyo. I initiated the break-up. Well, technically, I just ignored his apologies.” Seulgi said.

“That jerk does not deserve apologies.” Taeyong said.

“I’m having a hard time, though.” Seulgi sulked.

“If you want to let it all out, my shoulder is always available.” Taeyong smiled.

“Thanks, Yong.” Seulgi smiled back.

“I’ll go ahead!” Taeyong turned around.

“Uh! Good luck on you debut! Hwaiting!” Seulgi cried.

 

Now that Jackson is out of the picture, it is time for another guy to step in and be your man. Well, that jerk never deserved to be your man in the first place. Move, Jackson, it’s time for Lee Taeyong to take the throne.

 

One slow night, Seungyoon was reviewing his script. As he read through it, he stopped upon spotting a sentence in bold caps.

 

He gulped.

 

“This can’t be happening.” Seungyoon commented.

“What’s up?” Mino asked.

“N-nothing. Just reviewing the script.” Seungyoon grinned.

“Y-You sure? You looked like you had seen a ghost.” Mino insisted.

“I-I’m good.” Seungyoon stammered.

 

Meanwhile, Wendy’s jaw dropped when she saw the exact same sentence Seungyoon had seen in the drama script.

 

“B-Bear, did you read through the last paragraph of the third episode?” Wendy asked.

“I haven’t gotten to the part yet, why?” Seulgi eyed her suspiciously.

“Well, you will be shocked to what it says.” Wendy said.

“Don’t pre-empt me!” Seulgi protested.

“Ok, but I warn you, you will be really shocked.” Wendy said.

 

Seulgi shook her head as Wendy walked away and went through her script again. Thirty minutes after, Seulgi stopped at the bold-capped sentence.

 

Jin-hyuk grabs Hye-jin’s wrist and pulls her back. He then surprises her with a kiss.

 

Did I just see it right? K-kiss?

 

“Earth to Seulgi!” Irene clicked her finger on Seulgi’s view.

“Huh?” Seulgi glanced at Irene.

“We’re heading out for dinner, aren’t you coming?” Irene asked.

“Oh, yeah. H-Hold on.” Seulgi changed into a clean pair of jeans, grabbed her script, purse, slipped onto her shoes and walked out of the dorm with the girls.

“So, why were you at daze earlier?” Irene asked.

“Well, eonni, I think Bear here just got to a point where she cannot turn back.” Wendy smirked.

“W-what do you mean?” Irene asked.

“I have to kiss Seungyoon.” Seulgi said bluntly.

 

“WHAT?” Irene, Joy and Yeri gasped.

“It’s out!” Wendy cried.

“W-why would you need to kiss Seungyoon-sshi?” Irene panicked.

“The script says so. Our characters have to kiss in an episode.” Seulgi said.

“A-Are you gonna be okay about it?” Irene asked.

“Shocked, but I think I can handle it.” Seulgi grinned.

 

Meanwhile, Seungyoon was freaking out on the inside. Kissing Seulgi will be like kissing his best friend all over again. 

 

“Ah, what am I gonna do?” Seungyoon dumped his body on his bed.

“What are you freaking out on about?” Mino cried.

“Nothing. I’m just…it’s personal!” Seungyoon replied.

 

This is so wrong. I cannot kiss Seulgi. What will the press say? The whole Jackson thing will be brought up again and she’ll end up hurting. Aish! Seungyoon, think fast!

 

“Dude! You are spacing out again! What the hell is going on?” Mino snapped.

 

Without putting his thoughts together, Seungyoon bolted up from his bed, grabbed his jacket, slipped onto his shoes and barged out of their dorm.

 

“What’s his problem?” Taehyun asked.

 

Mino shrugged.

 

Seungyoon pulled his phone out and tapped onto a certain someone’s caller ID. After a few rings, someone picked up.

 

“Seulgi-ah, let’s meet up.” Seungyoon said.

“Now? I’m in the middle of dinner with the girls.” Seulgi said.

“Just tell me where you are and I’ll be there.” Seungyoon replied.

“O-ok. I’ll send you the address.” Seulgi nodded.

 

To: Seungyoon

XXXX restaurant, Sinsa-dong

 

After a while, Seungyoon showed up in the restaurant, surprising the girls.

 

“May I have a moment with your friend?” Seungyoon asked.

 

The girls nodded in confusion.

 

“So, what’s up?” Seulgi asked.

“Have you read the last paragraph of the script for the third episode?” Seungyoon asked.

“Yeah, I did. Why?” Seulgi asked.

“Well, did you see the last cue sentence?” Seungyoon asked.

 

Seulgi stiffened up.

 

“Y-yeah…” Seulgi nodded awkwardly.

“About the k-kiss…” Seungyoon stammered.

“I know. I was surprised too and I’m a bit scared about it, but we can do it, right?” Seulgi asked.

“A-are you gonna be okay about it?” Seungyoon asked.

“Well, what’s wrong with kissing Kang Seungyoon? I’m glad that I will be kissing someone I know.” Seulgi awkwardly replied.

“O-ok, but I warn you, I kiss pretty ily. You may fall in love with me in the end.” Seungyoon teased.

“ert. Anyway, you came all the way here just to ask me if I’m okay with the whole kissing bit? Damn, YG sure gives you a big amount of pocket money.” Seulgi replied.

“I’m serious. The last girl I kissed, she practically chased after me throughout year 2.” Seungyoon grinned.

“You are so full of yourself, Kang Seungyoon.” Seulgi shook her head.

 

“One minute, you looked like someone who could pee on his pants and the next minute, you are back to your old self. Damn, are you bipolar?” Mino cried.

“I worked out my problem. So, I’m good.” Seungyoon smiled.

“You are so weird, hyung.” Taehyun shook his head.

 

Soon the press reveals the official teaser for the idols’ drama.

 

Cast line-up:

 

Lee Jun-ki as Jung Jinhyuk

> A good-looking playboy who also happens to be the most legible bachelor in town. His family owns one of the biggest hotels in the world and he even manages it. He is strict and cold as a result of a painful past.

 

*Jung Yoo-mi as Kim Hye-jin (NOTE: The actress Jung Yoo-mi here is the one who appeared in We Got Married with Jung Jun-young and not to be confused with the other actress Jung Yoo-mi.)

> A hardworking woman who juggles three jobs at the same time to provide for her family. She is a beauty but she had never been into a relationship as a result of undying feelings for someone in the past.

 

Kang Seung-yoon as Teenage Jung Jin-hyuk / Jung Jae-hyuk (Jin-hyuk’s younger brother)

> As Jin-hyuk: He is a popular student in his high school years. He is very athletic, making him an eye candy for the girls. Amidst all of love he gets, he only has eyes for one girl.

> As Jae-hyuk: He is a new kid in town (after migrating back to Seoul, from the US). He is easily welcomed by his classmates for his good-looks and reputation, except for one person, whom he butts head with on his first day.

 

Kang Seul-gi as Teenage Kim Hye-jin / Kim Hye-na (Hye-jin’s younger sister)

 

> As Hye-jin: She is a shy girl in her high school years. She is smart, pretty, but not the object of admiration among her peers. She is often considered as an outcast because of a name she acquired from a sad past. She is the girl who catches the eye of the popular kid, Jin-hyuk.

 

> As Hye-na: She is a outspoken girl, who isn’t afraid to speak her mind. She is known for her outgoing attitude and excellent grades, for she holds the top rank. She is really pretty and often receives love confessions, but she turns every guy down because no one suits her ideal type. She clashes head with the new kid on the first day in school and this cause them more tension.

 

Jung Suk-won as Han Ki-jun 

> A good-looking heir of J Hotel’s rival company. Like Jin-hyuk, Ki-jun is also known for his playboy ways. However, he is more outgoing and a party animal. He is very carefree as a result of his father not trusting him in taking over the business.

 

 Seo Hyo-rim as Ha Se-ri

> An elegant, wealthy, but manipulative heir of HS Hotels. She is very scheming and often gets everything she wants. She is Jin-hyuk’s long-time girlfriend, who wants to marry him already. Unfortunately, he does not want to marry her or anybody else. She sets out to find the reason behind Jin-hyuk’s refusal to marry her and finds Hye-jin. She does everything to ruin her.

 

Lee Soo-hyuk as Bang Il-hyun

> A tall and good-looking high school student. He is the school’s resident hottie and the object of the female students’ affections. He is the only guy who gets to hang with Hye-na, whom he secretly likes for a long time. When Jae-hyuk arrives, Ilhyun sets his eyes on him as his prime rival.

 

Kim Yoon-hye as Ha Ae-ri

> A good-looking, mean and wealthy high school student. She competes with Hye-na for the top rank, people’s attention, as well as Ilhyun. Soon, she falls for the new guy, Jae-hyuk, but, once again, gets turn down for Hye-na. Aeri, being rich, does everything to ruin Hye-na. She is also Se-ri’s younger sister.

 

Yeo Jin-gu as Gong Pyo-jun

> A good-looking high school student and Jae-hyuk’s first friend. He is a cheerful and smart kid, who is rank third all the time. He has a secret crush on Ae-ri.

 

Moon Ga-young as Jin Dahee

> A loud-mouthed girl, who is Hye-na’s best friend. She is the school resident gossip queen and Hye-na’s partner-in-crime. She secretly likes Rank #3 Pyo-jun. She isn’t as smart as Hye-na, having only rank fifth in her grade.

 

Other characters

 

Jin-hyuk and Jae-hyuk’s dad 

Hye-jin and Hye-na’s parents, grandparents

Ki-jun’s parents

Se-ri and Ae-ri’s parents

School headmaster, teachers, students and more

 

Everyday, the cast filmed the drama and it was really tiring for Seungyoon and Seulgi who both had to juggle idol life and being actors.

 

“So, how did the kiss go?” Wendy asked.

“It was…weird at first but we managed to perfect it after twelve takes.” Seulgi said.

“TWELVE?” Wendy cried.

“You kissed Kang Seungyoon twelve times?” Irene cried.

“Aniyo. I kissed him thrice. PD-nim rejected the first take because the angle was wrong, so we had to kiss the second time and he did roughly, giving me a bleeding lip. The last take was the perfect one.” Seulgi said.

“Woah! You two must be really bad at kissing.” Wendy cried.

“Eonni did worse.” Seulgi said.

“YAH!” Irene cried.

 

“How was filming, man?” Seunghoon asked.

“Stressful. The atmosphere is not like High Kick 3, since this is a drama and not a sitcom.” Seungyoon said.

“Who are your co-stars anyway?” Mino asked.

“Yeah, who is Kim Hye-na?” Jinwoo asked.

 

Seungyoon froze.

 

“Y-You guys have to wait and watch the drama.” Seungyoon smirked.

“Yah! Why are you so secretive? Just tell us who Hye-na is.” Mino cried.

“If I tell you guys, will you stop asking me for more questions about the drama?” Seungyoon said.

“Ok. So, who is she?” Jinwoo asked.

“Kim Hye-na, in the show, is…Seulgi.” Seungyoon revealed.

 

The boys all looked at him in shock.

 

“S-Seulgi? Red Velvet’s Seulgi? Our friend, Seulgi?” Taehyun asked.

“Uh. My character, Jung Jae-hyuk will fall in love with Seulgi’s character, Kim Hye-na. I also play my character’s brother’s teenage self and so does Seulgi.” Seungyoon explained.

 

Mino burst out into laughter and cupped his palm on Seungyoon’s nape.

 

“Why are you so afraid of telling us?” Seunghoon asked.

“Well, you are just gonna bug me ’til I go insane.” Seungyoon said.

“So, Seulgi, huh?” Mino smirked.

“What are you implying, hyung?” Seungyoon asked.

“Well, you two are starring in a drama together and play as lovers. Their companies have not announce the break-up, so the press may just grill you two.” Mino said.

“That’s what I am afraid of. If we get into a controversy, she’s gonna be the center of attention again.” Seungyoon said.

“Who are you and what have you done to our leader?” Jinwoo joked.

 

Seungyoon chuckled.

 

“I’m here, guys.” Seungyoon said.

 

Filming continued and along the way Seungyoon and Seulgi became even more closer to each other.

 

Soon, Seungyoon realized that his feelings for Seulgi isn’t merely platonic anymore. He had found himself slowly falling for his friend and it was bad news.

 

“Dude, are you listening?” Mino waved his hands in front of Seungyoon’s face.

“Sorry, I was busy rehearsing my lines in my head.” Seungyoon said.

“R-really? You looked more problematic than actually rehearsing. What’s up?” Mino folded his arms.

“I’m fine, dude.” Seungyoon insisted.

“Is this about a girl again?” Mino asked.

“No, it’s not.” Seungyoon lied.

“Seungyoon, I can see right through you. So, spill the beans.” Mino argued.

“I think I’m falling for Seulgi.” Seungyoon forced a smile.

 

Mino choked on his water.

 

“S-S-Seulgi?” Mino repeated.

“Uh. It’s driving me crazy. I cannot be falling for her.” Seungyoon said.

“What’s so bad about it? She’s not dating anyone and you two are pretty close. You should make a move now.” Mino rebutted.

“I am not gonna do that, hyung. She’s still recovering from a big heartbreak, so I’m gonna make her heart heal first. If I still feel something for her, then I would pursue her.” Seungyoon said.

“Our leader is really a whole different person now.” Mino remarked.

 

Soon, SBS released the first glimpse of the drama by a teaser poster. They also released the official drama title—Whistle.

 

A press conference was held a week before airing. The casts gathered in a hotel in Seoul and reporters and media people interviewed the actors.

 

A week later, the first episode aired, featuring idols Seungyoon and Seulgi. The first two episodes garnered really high ratings at the end of the week and fans begged for more each episode. The drama received good feedback from the viewers. Seungyoon and Seulgi were praised for their great acting skills. More fans started shipping them.

 

One night, the boys of GOT7 managed to catch an episode of Seulgi’s drama. Jr. called everyone to the living room to watch the drama.

 

“Jackson-ah! Aren’t you watching this? Seulgi is in a drama!” The idol cried.

“W-what?” Jackson rushed into the living room and watched TV with the boys.

 

“Yah, what’s this? Seungyoon is acting opposite her!” JB cried.

 

Jackson glued his eyes on the TV, ignoring everyone.

 

“You didn’t know that your girlfriend’s filming a drama?” Jr. remarked.

 

Mark glanced at Jackson. He was the only one who knew about his situation. Jackson remained glued onto the TV. He was watching every second of the show.

 

“She would never tell me about it because she’s ignoring my calls.” Jackson revealed.

“What?” Everyone minus Mark were shocked.

“What did you do this time?” JB asked.

“I hurt her.” Jackson sighed.

“Dude! That’s no way to treat a girl!” Jr. cried.

“I know. I called her hundreds of times but all calls were directed to voice mail. She wouldn’t forgive me.” Jackson said.

“Win her back, man!” JB cried.

“I’ve been doing the best I could, but I think she really wanted to stop this.” Jackson said.

“She broke up with you.” Jr. sighed.

“Yeah, I think so.” Jackson said.

“Well, you were an idiot, so you kinda deserve it, hyung.” Youngjae spoke up.

 

Seungyoon and Seulgi’s continuous good on-screen chemistry and off-screen closeness triggered dating rumors, igniting break-up rumors with Jackson.

 

To finally put a rest to the rumor, SM summoned Seulgi to the meeting room.

 

“I want to address this issue once and for all, so Seulgi-sshi, what is the real score between you and Jackson-sshi?” CEO Lee Sooman asked.

 

Seulgi nervously faced her boss.

 

“Ye, sajangnim. We had broken up.” Seulgi revealed.

“I see. Are you dating Kang Seungyoon?” The boss asked.

“Ani imnida. Seungyoon-sshi and I are strictly friends.” Seulgi said.

“Ok. Now that everything has been cleared out, you can go back to your schedule. I’ll have the reps respond to this rumor.” The CEO said.

“Ye! Uh, sajangnim, may I meet up with Jackson-sshi? I just wanna end things formally.” Seulgi replied.

“Eh? I thought you said you broke up.” The man asked.

“Well, in spirit, we have, but for formality, not yet.” Seulgi said.

“I see. I permit you to meet up with him in secret. Do not…I repeat…get caught or it will be difficult for us to stop the issue.” The man said.

“Ye. Noted!” Seulgi nodded.

 

“So, what did sajangnim say?” Wendy asked.

“Well, he is gonna address the issue after I formally break-up with Jackson.” Seulgi said.

“Eh? You don’t need to do that, Bear. He deserves to be dumped.” Wendy said.

“I don’t wanna be mean anymore, Wen. I wanna end it peacefully.” Seulgi replied.

“Ok then. If that’s what you want.” Wendy nodded.

 

That night, Seulgi discreetly met up with Jackson.

 

“Hey…” Seulgi approached Jackson.

“‘Zup…” Jackson greeted back.

“H-How are you?” Seulgi awkwardly asked.

“I’m g-good.” Jackson replied.

“So, let’s get this over with.” Seulgi said.

“Yeah. I guess this is goodbye, then.” Jackson nodded.

“Uh. I had a great time with you.” Seulgi said.

“Me too. I’m sorry for everything. I was not the perfect boyfriend.” Jackson bowed his head.

“Apology accepted.” Seulgi smiled.

“So, f-friends?” Jackson pulled his hand.

 

Seulgi glanced at the male idol’s hand. She shyly took it and gave him a handshake as a sign of peace.

 

“Good luck on your drama.” Jackson cheered.

“Fighting!” Seulgi smiled.

“I’ll see you around.” Jackson said.

“Yeah.” Seulgi nodded.

 

The two idols turned their backs on each other and walked away. Seulgi walked back to the car, while Jackson walked back to JYP Building.

 

“Hey. What took you so long?” Seungyoon asked Seulgi, who just got to the set.

“I just met up with someone.” Seulgi said.

“Nugu?” Seungyoon asked.

“Jackson. I just end things with him, formally.” Seulgi said.

“Oh. Well, that’s good.” Seungyoon nodded.

“I guess I should prepare myself for the announcement.” Seulgi said.

“If it hurts you seeing awful comments, just come to me and I’ll make you feel better.” Seungyoon smiled.

“T-Thanks.” Seulgi said.

 

[BREAKING] GOT7’s Jackson and Red Velvet’s Seulgi have parted ways.

 

Bad news, Jack-gi fans! It seems like it is really over between these two good-looking and talented visual pair. 

 

SM Entertainment has finally broke its silence regarding the issue. A representative spoke to the press and we quote, “All the rumors about Seulgi and Jackson breaking up are true. They have decided to part ways and just remain as colleagues. There is no cheating incident that happen, unlike what prior news articles said. Seulgi and WINNER’s Kang Seungyoon are just really good friends, having worked together in ‘Rookie Adventures’ and currently co-starring in ‘Whistle’.”

 

JYP Entertainment also spoke out about the issue. We quote, “After speaking with Jackson personally, we confirmed from him that he and Seulgi have indeed broken up. There was no third party involved, as it was a mutual decision. They decide to remain as good colleagues in the industry. Please support Jackson and Seulgi in their work.” 

 

Comments:

 

@Mrs.Wang07: So sad! I’ve been shipping them so bad. 

 

@PrinceJackson: It’s about time! Seulgi is a and she deserved to be dump by Jackson.

 

@SeulgiBear: Seulgi did the right thing. Who wants to date a player anyway?

 

@JacksonsWife: Who wants to date a anyway? Jackson deserves someone better! Jackji all the way!

 

@Jackjilover: Take that, Loser velvet! Clearly, Youngji is better for Jackson! Jackji FTW!

 

@Jackjiforever: Finally! Jackson got to his senses! Youngji is the right girl for you and not this famewhore! Die, loser velvet!

 

@YellowPrincess: Seulgi isn’t a famewhore! She’s prettier and clearly more talented than that good-for-nothing KARA ! Jackson, open your eyes!

 

@Kamiliagirl: Who gave you the right to insult our baby, huh? Clearly, she ed her way through the industry. She is a big faker! A good-for-nothing loser! Once a loser company, will always be one! Screw SM! Screw Loser Velvet!

 

@Seulreneshipper: Seulgi is the victim here, not GOT7’s idiot Jackson and KARA’s big-mouth, -faced, famewhore, good-for-nothing Heo Youngji! Seulgi, you did the right thing. 

 

@YoonGishipper: Seulgi deserves someone better…someone like Seungyoon. Yoon-Gi all the way!

 

@YoonPrincess: Seulgi and Seungyoon belong together! Yoon-Gi couple for the win!

 

@SeulDy: This is all wrong! Seulgi only belongs to Wendy, period!

 

@MrandMrsKang: 2Kang couple belong together! Seeing them in Whistle as Jaehyuk and Hyena…ah! Perfect chemistry! Why can’t you two just date? My fan girl’s dream will come true if you do. Hehe.

 

@Seulgisisa: Seulgi is nothing but fake! Well, the whole RV is anyway! She deserves this break up because Jackson is great man!

 

@RVcupcakes: Jackson clearly cheated here! He banged that untalented piece of trash of an idol, Youngji. He is nothing but a jerk!

 

Seeing the comments feed in Naver broke Seulgi’s heart. She never knew that she and Red Velvet had a lot of haters. Some comments might’ve praised her but that did not par with the number of hate comments.

 

While taking a break from filming, Seulgi silently broke down into tears. Seungyoon, walked out of the set and sat right beside the sobbing Seulgi. The male idol noticed her crying and comforted her.

 

“Is everything okay?” Seungyoon asked.

 

Seulgi stayed quiet and placed her head on the idol’s shoulder.

 

“It hurts, Yoon.” Seulgi sobbed.

“Shh…ignore the haters, Seul. They are good for nothing. They don’t know what happened.” Seungyoon said.

“I tried, Yoon. I tried.” Seulgi sobbed.

“Don’t worry. It’s all gonna pass.” Seungyoon said.

 

The two idols continued filming their drama. Everyday, Seungyoon controlled himself from falling in love with Seulgi deeply, but seems like all his efforts weren’t working, as his body voluntarily keeps going.

 

“Dude, just make a move!” Mino cried.

“No. I am not gonna make the same mistake, hyung.” Seungyoon said.

“Well, you can’t wait forever.” Mino cried.

“I am not gonna force myself on someone again. I am gonna wait for her.” Seungyoon said proudly.

“Are you even Seungyoon?” Mino joked.

 

“Damn! Your chemistry is great! How do you do it?” Wendy cried.

“Well, Seungyoon and I are friends, so it is pretty is easy to work with him.” Seulgi said.

“Aren’t you at least a bit attracted to him?” Wendy asked.

“Nope. Yoon is really just a good friend. I like him that way.” Seulgi smiled.

“I think he likes you.” Wendy smirked.

“Nonsense. Yoon is just a friend and besides, he likes someone else.” Seulgi said.

“Someone else? Who?” Wendy asked.

“His hoobae’s ex-girlfriend.” Seulgi said.

“Eh?” Wendy’s eyebrows rose.

“Do you know that friend he introduced to me in Rookie Adventures?” Seulgi asked.

“Yeah. The girl who works in a chicken joint, right?” Wendy asked.

“Uh. That person is his childhood friend and iKON B.I’s ex-girlfriend.” Seulgi said.

“Jinjja? Woah!” Wendy cried.

 

Seungyoon and Seulgi’s off-screen closeness continue to progress. Even their co-stars noticed it.

 

“Dude, you and Seulgi-sshi sure are really close. Anything going on?” Model and actor Lee Soohyuk asked.

“We’re really good friends.” Seungyoon responded nervously.

“Really?” Soohyuk smirked.

“We are. We like each other’s company.” Seungyoon said.

“I see. You won’t mind if I ask for her number, right?” Soohyuk smirked.

“W-what? Uh, s-sure.” Seungyoon awkwardly replied.

“You sure?” Soohyuk asked.

“Yeah! She and I are just friends, but I don’t think she’s ready to see someone. She’s been really hurt over all the hate comments from Jackson’s fans.” Seungyoon said.

“Nah. I was just messing with you. I wouldn’t date her, man.” Soohyuk said.

“Eh?” Seungyoon cried.

“You really know her. Dude, you should make a move.” Soohyuk said.

“Hyung, she had just undergone a break-up and her heart is not ready to accept anyone. Plus, I don’t wanna force myself on someone who doesn’t feel the same way for me. I made that mistake before and I don’t want it to happen again. Seulgi is too precious to me and I cannot let anyone hurt her again.” Seungyoon said.

“Mino is right! You are different.” Soohyuk said.

“Tease me all you want, but I’ve made up my mind. If she likes me after this, then I will pursue her.” Seungyoon said.

 

“You and Seungyoon-sshi seem to be immensely close. Anything going on between you too?” Actress Kim Yoonhye asked.

“Ye? Eobseubnida, sunbaenim.” Seulgi denied.

“You know…I think that boy really likes you. The way he looks at you off-cam seems so sincere. You should consider entertaining him.” Yoonhye said.

“Seungyoon has always been a sweet guy. We’ve worked together once and he was always so supportive. I think it’s just natural for him, considering that he is the leader of WINNER.” Seulgi argued.

“Open your eyes wider, Seulgi. Check it out for yourself and discover.” Yoonhye said.

“I-I will.” Seulgi awkwardly nodded.

 

Seulgi observed Seungyoon’s actions towards her and she found herself amused by him. The only guy who could make her smile was him. Well, after Jackson anyway. Her fondness of his sincerity towards their friendship slowly progress to romantic feelings. Yes, Seulgi has forgotten about the whole Jackson incident and directed her attention to the guy who was around her the whole time—Seungyoon.

 

Even though, they were just acting, Seulgi felt as if every skinship they had on-screen had electricity jolting her body, confusing her in the process.

 

Why do I suddenly feel weird around Seungyoon? Why do I have butterflies in my stomach every time I face him? Why do I feel electricity zapping me every time we make physical contact? Aish! What is this?

 

“Earth to Bear, can you hear me?” Wendy snapped her fingers at Seulgi.

“Huh, what?” Seulgi shook off her thoughts and faced Wendy.

“I said, SBS PD-nim asked me to sing an OST for your drama, ‘Whistle’. Isn’t that great?” Wendy cried.

“Y-yeah.” Seulgi smiled.

“So, what were you thinking about anyway? You’ve been spacing out lately.” Wendy asked.

“Uh, n-nothing.” Seulgi lied.

“Bear, I know you. So, what’s up? Are you still bummed about Jackson?” Wendy asked.

“Aniyo. I’m ok, really!” Seulgi lied.

“Suit yourself!” Wendy nodded.

 

Me spacing out has got to stop! Seulgi, stop thinking about your weird feelings for Seungyoon. 

 

“Hey there, buddy! Ready for the scenes today?” Seungyoon said as he hung his arm around her.

 

Seulgi awkwardly faced her friend and smiled.

 

“Y-yeah…” Seulgi said.

 

Seungyoon noticed Seulgi’s discomfort and took his arm off her shoulder.

 

“Anything wrong?” Seungyoon asked.

“Uh, your arm is just heavy.” Seulgi lied.

“Oh, I see. Sorry about that.” Seungyoon said.

 

The pair spent the next hours filming their drama and it seemed like everything they do was out of pure emotions. The PD was really impressed by their acting strategies. Even the boys of WINNER were tuned into the drama.

 

“Damn! Seungyoon is really good!” Seunghoon cried.

“Where does he get all the emotions?” Jinwoo cried.

 

Mino smiled.

 

“What are you smiling about, hyung? Is there something you know?” Taehyun asked.

“No. I’m just proud of our leader.” Mino smiled.

 

“Dude, you were overdoing the scenes.” Mino commented on Seungyoon’s acting secretly.

“I was?” Seungyoon whispered.

“Uh. You are making it obvious, man. The boys are getting suspicious.” Mino said.

“Shoot! I can’t help it, man. I get carried away with my feelings.” Seungyoon said.

“Well, quit acting so obvious! Hold your feelings together.” Mino said.

 

“Don’t you think Bear is taking her acting too serious? She’s getting carried away with all the emotions.” Wendy said.

“That just proves that she’s really professional, don’t you think, Wan?” Irene said.

“I think there’s something more.” Wendy assumed.

“Which is…?” Irene asked.

“I don’t know, but I am bound to find out.” Wendy assured.

“You are overthinking, Wan.” Irene said.

 

One night, Wendy cornered the exhausted Seulgi.

 

“So, how is it going with the drama?” Wendy asked.

“G-Good. We’ll be filming the last five episodes in the next two weeks.” Seulgi said.

“Really? Nice. So, how’s Seungyoon?” Wendy asked.

“Y-Yoon? He’s good, I guess. Why are you suddenly asking?” Seulgi asked Wendy suspiciously.

“Well, I just want to know about him from the love interest herself.” Wendy said.

“We’re just each other’s love interest on screen, Wan.” Seulgi said.

“Really? I feel like something is going on between you two.” Wendy said.

“Well, you’re wrong. Yoon and I…we’re just f-friends.” Seulgi nervously responded.

 

Wendy walked closer to her friend and scrutinized her.

 

“Really, Bear?” Wendy asked.

 

Seulgi nervously nodded.

 

“Nah-a. I am not buying it.” Wendy folded her arms.

“I do not like Yoon that way. So, stop accusing me.” Seulgi erupted.

“Fine. You don’t like Seungyoon.” Wendy gave up.

 

Phew! That was close! I can’t let anyone find out that I have this weird feelings for Seungyoon. No way.

 

One filming day…

 

“Stop teasing me, hyung. I will ask her out when the right time comes. No. I am not doing it anytime soon. Hyung, Seulgi’s heart isn’t ready for someone new.” Seungyoon spat while on the phone.

 

“Y-Yoon…” A shocked Seulgi stood frozen on the ground.

 

Did Yoon just say that he likes me?

 

Seungyoon turned around and froze on his seat.

 

“H-H-Hyung, I may have to call you back. B-Bye.” Seungyoon hung up.

 

“W-what d-did you just say?” Seulgi asked.

“Y-You heard it.” Seungyoon mumbled.

“Uh.” Seulgi replied.

“Yes, I like you. I, WINNER’s leader, Kang Seungyoon like you, Red Velvet’s Seulgi. Not just a friendly like but ‘like-like’.” Seungyoon revealed.

“Wow…” Seulgi exhaled.

“I know that I shouldn’t be, but I like you.” Seungyoon added.

“I thought you liked Jaeyeon-sshi.” Seulgi said.

“I did, but my feelings for her had slowly fade away. I didn’t wanna make things awkward between us, so I kept my feelings bottled up. I didn’t mean to let you hear my argument with Mino hyung.” Seungyoon said.

“I u-understand.” Seulgi nodded.

 

What the hell are you doing? You can’t give in. 

 

“Let us just forget about this, ok? I’m not pressuring you to like me back. This friendship is way more important than my crazy feelings.” Seungyoon stammered.

 

He f-feels the same way. 

 

“Aniyo. I understand. I have the same crazy feelings too.” Seulgi revealed.

“Huh?” Seungyoon gasped.

“I want them to go away but every time I see you, my heart just explodes with emotions. Do you know what I mean?” Seulgi asked.

“So, w-we like each other.” Seungyoon smiled.

 

Seulgi nodded.

 

Seungyoon massaged his nape and smiled. Seulgi smiled back.

 

“Like I said, no pressure. Let’s take things slow.” Seungyoon said.

“O-ok. T-Thanks for understanding.” Seulgi said.

“Before I started liking you, I was your friend. So, I’ll be here when you need me.” Seungyoon smiled.

“Thanks, Yoon.” Seulgi smiled.

“Anything for my lovely female friend.” Seungyoon said.

 

Despite of their known feelings for each other, the two idols still remained as friends.

============================================================================================

A/N: Again, I don't intend to bash KARA and Youngji. Also, you may be wondering why Lee Sooman is the CEO again when it is really Kim Youngmin. Well, in this story, I've decided to put Lee Sooman back to the pedestal and oust Kim Youngmin. I just really disliked the CEO right now so what better way to vent out my hatred than to "fire" him as the CEO of SME. 

 

How are you liking Seungyoon and Seulgi's tandem? Call me delusional but I think they are perfect for each other. HAHA! "Yoon-Gi" shipper here. So, they are starring in a drama together here. Again, I made it all up. "Whistle" (I know! Lame title...but I just can't think of any. There is an explanation to why I entitled the drama as such though.) is totally fictional! Don't be too carried away. 

 

Anyway, comments!