The Love Triangle

Just Date Me Already

Eight weeks go by. Jackson’s still filming. And as of this week I’m really happy. Why? Because everything’s going well. How? Well for starters Jackson’s actually ready by the time I get to his place. And as of today it makes three weeks of me not seeing Mino. He’s been way too busy with his schedule. Actually he’s in Japan right now. Meaning I probably won’t have to see that little smug face for another week. I glance at Jackson. I haven’t even asked how he’s doing. But then again he said it himself. He’s used to seeing Mino once a month. And so far he looks fine.
I watch the scene Jackson puts on and I’ve probably laughed over twenty times in the last hour. He should be a comedian this guy. Jaebum stopped by earlier and brought snacks for Jackson because this is his last day on set. Well last day on this set. Jackson says the last line. And everyone claps some people loudly cheer. It’s finally over. Just in time for lunch. Jackson puts a huge smile on his face.
“It’s over,” he says when he walks up to me.
“I know!” I tell him excited. I hand him his water bottle and he pours it all over himself. The director comes over to us with a huge smile.
“Excellent work Jackson! I definitely look forward to working with you again,” he says.
“Same here sir,” Jackson says. He shakes the director’s hand and bows. “We’re throwing a party tonight. I’ll have Yin email the location and time. Thank you so much.” The director leaves and moves to another actor.
“Treat me to lunch?” Jackson says. I think it over for a second. I still haven’t gotten paid. The first pay check for this project comes in tomorrow but as of today I’m broke.
“Um maybe another day,” I tell him.
“No way! Today’s the last day Mark! You owe me lunch.” 
“Fine, fine but don’t complain when I bring you to this certain place.”
“Oh what is it? Do they have chicken? I like pizza,” Jackson says.
“You’ll see.”
“I’ll be back. I need to make my rounds.” And so he does. Congratulating and thanking everyone in the room. We finally leave the building.
“I hope you said your goodbyes,” I tell him.
“I did,” he says. He rests his head on my shoulder. “Two months down. 118 to go.” I laugh at him.
“Are you seriously counting down?” I ask.
“Only way for me to keep positive.”
“But you seem to be enjoying this job,” I tell him.
“I’m an actor, Mark. I’m acting.”
“Amazing skills you have there.”
“I know.” He closes his eyes and falls asleep.

Jackson

“Uh Mark? Where are we?” I ask.

The car pulls up into this house. It’s a one story. Cute and tiny. It’s like a place a grandma would live when everyone she loves died and left her.
I look back at Mark as he puts his backpack on. He smiles at me.
“My house,” he tells me.
“I thought we were going out for lunch.”
“We are. Instead of buying lunch I’m cooking it.” I let out a dry laugh.
“Is this your way of telling me you’re broke? You could have just told me. I would have went out on my own.”
“Too late. We’re already here.”  Inside is way better than outside. The old lady image completely goes away and inside you just know there’s a guy who lives here. The tv rests on this book shelf and the entire thing is covered in wires and consoles. The guy has pretty much every game console. Well except for the most recent ones. PSP 1, 2, and 3. Xbox and Xbox kinect, Wii, and Wii U. Know a game? He has it.
“Make yourself comfortable,” he tells me as he heads to the kitchen. I look at the huge game collection.
“I didn’t know you play video games,” I tell him.
“Not anymore,” he says ducking behind his fridge that looks like a Mario game.
“What happened?” I ask.
“I met Jaebum and he makes me work all the time.” He tosses something my way and I catch it. In my hands is a bottle of banana milk. 
“That seriously . But I know exactly how you feel. From the moment I met Mino my life has never been the same. It’s always been do this or try that.” Mark frowns at me. I guess I don’t know how he feels.
“Do you like kimchi?” he asks me.
“Um I like pizza,” I tell him.
“That’s a yes.” I sit down in his black leather couch- perfect for gaming so I hear. It has cup holders and a foot rest. 
“The party. Are you going?” I ask him.
“Uh no,” he answers quickly and dives under the cupboard.
“Why not?” 
“It’s a drinking party and I try to avoid those.” He reaches up for something and grabs it. He’s such a nice looking guy. I grab a ball and toss it up in the air.
“Mark, why are you single?” Something crashes to the ground and he quickly picks it up.
“Jackson, what type of question is that?” he asks.
“A good one?” He shakes his head at me.
“I can’t answer that.”
“Why not?”
“Stop asking questions.”
“Why?”
“Just stop it.”
“Are we friends?” I ask. That question seems to take him by surprise. He stands there without moving. He doesn’t blink for a while.
“No,” he responds and grabs two bowls.
“We’re not!?” I shout. “We’ve known each other for more than eight weeks!”I remind him.
“I’m your manager Jackson not your friend.”
“If that’s true then why am I in your house?” He gives me a quizzical look.
“Because you’re hungry and I’m broke. It’s that simple. Now come eat.” I move to the table. Mark puts bowls and containers of food down in front of me. And we start eating.
“Thanks for the meal,” I tell him.
“Uh huh.” 
“You work really hard,” I tell him. He looks up at me. “Too hard and that makes you a boring person.”
“Gee thanks,” he mutters.
“That’s probably why you’re single.”
“Wow Jackson!” he yells. “That’s the nicest thing someone’s ever told me.”
“I know,” I shrug.  He stares at me a bit furious and then he laughs. A nice hearty laugh.
“Okay fine Jackson,” he starts. 
“What?”
“I- We’re friends.”


Mark

I get a phone call. 2 AM. Who the heck calls at this time? I look at my phone and it’s Jackson. Are you kidding me? Is he prank calling again? I decide to answer the phone.
“Ching    u-a~!” Jackson yells into the phone. I suddenly regret this afternoon.
“What is it Jackson?”
“I have fallen and can’t get up,” he says.
“What!?”
“I repeat I have fallen and cannot get up. Come be my life support or whatever the heck it is that saves fallen old people.”
“Ugh.”
“Okay, okay. I’m drunk and can’t get home. Help me? Please!”
“What do you mean you can’t get home? Get a taxi.”
“I don’t know my address! And this random chick is trying to get into my pants. Hey stop that!” he yells. I roll over in bed.
“Oh Jackson what will I do with you?” I ask.
“Help me?” he offers.
“Same place as the email right?” I ask him.
“Yup!” I sit up and look down at myself. Boxers that’s all I have on. I don’t believe in pajamas they make people look silly. I pull on a pair of jeans and a t shirt I can’t remember the last time I’ve worn such an outfit. I’ve always worn suits. My casual days are days when I decide not to wear a tie. Or work from home. And on those days I’d wear just my boxers. I grab my car keys to the car I rarely use. JB has this strict rule that limits cars in the parking spot. He has a selected few who must use the company car one of them being me. I don’t mind. As long as I don’t have to waste money on gas. I get inside and drive. The tank’s full thank goodness. And I realize what a nice car this is. How was I able to afford this? Then again I could ask the same question about all the things in my house.  Being Jaebum’s assistant is a high paying job. But thanks to my ‘raise’ I haven’t gotten paid in eight weeks. All the money I’ve been saving went to food and rent and new suits. I can’t believe I’ve only been broke for eight weeks and I’ve already gotten used to it. I pull up to the scene of the party pretty quickly. I didn’t realize how close the location is from my house. I walk out of my car and look around for Jackson. And sure enough he’s surrounded by ladies. 
“Ah! Chingu-a!” he shouts when he sees me. He’s on the floor and of course he can’t get up. He’s surrounded. 
“Where’s everyone else?” I ask him.
“Oh they left hours ago. I decided to stick around and play.” I nod I can’t believe they allowed him to stay here by himself. I help him off and wade off these weird ladies. I also help him to the car.

We’re driving down the street when Jackson starts making a choking noise.
“Jackson you okay there?” I ask him. He shakes his head. He looks like he’s going to hurl. My house is three minutes away Jackson’s is twenty five minutes.
“Hold on. We’ll be there soon.” I hit the gas and drive him to my house. We make the drive but not to the bathroom. He throws up all over my driveway. I pinch the bridge of my nose.
“I am so making you clean that up in the morning,” I tell him. He looks up at me and smiles. A big sick smile. “Come on,” I tell him. He struggles to get on his feet and I help him inside.
“Hey this isn’t my house! This is yours,” he says.
“Oh man good detective skills Sherlock.” I help him to the couch and go inside the kitchen. “Drink this. I have an extra toothbrush. Make sure to brush your teeth when you’re done. I’ll go get you a blanket.” When I walk into the bathroom he has water all over himself.
“Jackson! What the heck?” I yell at him.
“Chin-.”
“Stop. Call me that one more time and I will never be your friend again.” He shuts his mouth. “Come with me.” I pull his clothes off and he giggles. “Oh shut up.” I go into my closet and slip a shirt over his head and hope he takes care of the rest. “I hope you don’t mind sleeping pantless,” I tell him. I pull his pants down.
“I’m so tired,” he complains.
“Yeah me too. Come on.” I guide him to the bathroom and hand him the toothbrush. The moment it gets into his hands it falls. “Seriously?” I pick it up for him. “Open.” His jaw drops and I actually brush his teeth for him.
“Does Mino do all of this for you too?” I ask him angrily.
“I miss Mino,” he says sadly. I feel my heart ache. That is something I didn’t need to hear.
“Jackson shut up,” I tell him. I finish up and let him deal with the rest. I watch as he rinses his mouth out because I don’t want him getting water all over himself again. I guide him back to the couch and he snuggles into the blankets.
“G-.” He grabs my arm.
“Don’t leave!” he tells me.
“Wha- why?”
“I’ll feel lonely if you leave now.” His eyes start to water and he wipes the tears away harshly. “I’m so tired of feeling lonely.” I start to feel really bad for him. 
“Fine. I’ll stay here for a bit.” I sit next to him. I look at my tv and floor that’s covered in games. I pop one into the nintendo and play. I get so caught up I didn’t notice when Jackson fell asleep. He looks so peaceful and hot all at once. So I obviously still have a little crush on him. I’ve read and watched this situation many times. After the whole one-person-getting-drunk-things happen. Things that turn out pretty bad. But in this case he’s sleeping. The only person who’d know I kissed Jackson would be me. Should I go cliche and kiss him?

 

What will Mark do? Comment on what you think he'll decide on.  Is he brave enough to do it? Or will he turn the other cheek. Did you guys like this chapter? Thanks for reading!!