Getting Over Wang. Attempt #1

Just Date Me Already

Mark 

Another sleepless night. Another one of me thinking about Jackson. Replaying the romantic date at the pool over and over then seeing him kiss Mino. And to make it all so bitter sweet yesterday when he brought me to the perfect spot to be alone. Jackson I’m so confused. I guess if you play with fire you will get burned. And now I’m burning.
The alarm clock goes off and honestly I can’t face Jackson right now. Well I don’t want to face Jackson right now. I get out of bed and go through the process of getting ready without thinking. I walk right up to Jackson’s door and that’s where my heart kicks in. It makes me stop and feel sick all over. Is Mino still here? Are they awake? Being on Jeju and knowing the cast I was able to make friends with a few people and decided to call someone up. I just can’t do this.

Jackson

I can’t sleep. Couldn’t sleep. I hear a knock on my door and smile slightly. Mark’s here. But so is Mino. I get up and head to the door to find some stranger there. Well they’re not a complete stranger. He’s some guy that works under Jellyfish ent. One of the other managers. If I’m correct he’s Hongbin’s manager. My co star. I stare at the guy in his standard suit and wonder what he’s doing here.
“Um can I help you?” I ask him. 
“No, but I can help you,” he says. “I’m N and I already know you’re Jackson. Amazing acting by the way.”
“Thank you very much,’ I tell him.
“I was sent by your manager to tell you to go get ready,” he says.
“Mark? Where is he?”
“He’s taking a sick day. Poor thing’s come down with something. I wouldn’t visit him until after filming. You know how upset he’ll get if you miss it.” He has a point. A part of me wanted to run to his room right away but I couldn’t with this guy blocking the door.
“But he’s okay?” I ask.
“If he was okay enough to call me and tell me to take care of you I’m pretty sure he’s fine. Nothing some rest can’t cure.” I nod at this.
“What about Hongbin?” I ask.
“He’s already on set. Unlike you he can wake himself up.” N looks me up and down unimpressed. “Hurry along now we don’t have all day,” he says clapping his hands. I shuffle back into the room and get ready. When I’m out of the bathroom Mino’s awake and staring at me. He looks like a sleepy lion with a small smile on his face.
“Sorry about the bad news,” Mino says.
“Did you do this?” I ask him. I can feel the anger coming on.
“No, no honey. I didn’t touch the manager at all. Actually I’m quite worried as to how he fell ill.” I stare at him. He better not have hurt Mark. “Now come here and kiss me goodbye,” he says. I walk over and give him a quick kiss. He stares at me as I step back.
“See you later?” I tell him.    
“But of course,” he says.
“Um-.” I start then stop.
“What is it boo?” Mino asks.
“I’ll miss you babe,” I tell him. He smiles softly at me. A smile I like on him.
“I’ll miss you more.” I walk back outside and N’s waiting for me on the porch.
“You get ready like a woman,” he says. Walking down the stairs I walk with him.
“Shouldn’t you be nicer?” I ask.
“I don’t get paid for favors,” he says.

We reach the set and Jimin the main female lead runs over to me.
“Jackson! Did you hear?” she asks me.
“Hear what?” I ask her.
“A celebrity will be guest starring in today’s episode!” she says. She grabs my arms and jumps up and down in excitement.
“Yay!” I pretend to be happy and jump with her too. A guy walks in with three bodyguards trailing behind him and a bunch of girls screaming his name. They’re stopped by the police and one makes eye contact with me and faints. Her last word -Wang. The body guards clear away when the girls are no longer a threat and the person standing there is none other than Ravi. I almost faint. He’s one of my all time favorite rappers. He’s good at dancing composes his own songs I aspire to be him. And we’re acting with him? Today could have been the best day ever but the fact that Mark’s sick makes me sad. But I know Mark will be upset if I don’t do what I need to today. I know he’s worried about my performance. Especially since he’s work first everything else second. I put the sadness inside of me and let out the crazy Jackson Wang. It’s show time.

Mark

He hands me a cup of water and takes a seat with me at the dining table.
“Thanks N,” I tell the guy. 
“Am I allowed to know what’s really going on with you?” he asks me.
“Uh-.”
“I know we’re not really close but I’ve gotten to know you Mark. And I know when people are ‘ill’ or not. It helps to talk about these things. What’s up with you and Jackson Wang?” 
“I uh. I don’t know where to start,” I tell him. He points his cup at me.
“Start with why you got up and got ready for the day and decide last minute to turn away and give me a call.”
“That’s a hard place to start,” I tell him. He looks down at his cup.
“I guess we need tea.”

After making tea for us both I spill everything. Me falling for Jackson then Mino and then the progress between Jackson and I over the months.
“Ah you’re in love with the wrong person,” he says.
“Wrong person?” I ask.
“Someone you fall in love with but you know it’s wrong to love him. Happened to me once. We met back when I wanted to be a celebrity then I quit to become a manager. Now he’s famous. Actually he’s here today. Guest starring.”
“Oh.” He laughs.
“‘Oh’ indeed. We didn’t go as far as you two did though. Not far at all. You’re in too deep Mark both of you are.”
“I know,” I mutter.
“I don’t know how you’ll ever get over him. You have to start facing him some day you won’t be ‘sick’ forever.”
“Are you saying I should quit being his manager?”    
“No that will only fill you with regret. Besides you’re too professional for that.”
“What do I do?”
“What do you think you should do Mark?” he asks. “You be professional.”


N left a pretty long time ago when I hear a knock on my door. I open it to find a basket full of fruit in my face. The basket lowers itself to reveal Jackson. A part of me wants to close the door and hide the other part can feel my heart ache and wonder what to do next. I just stand there. Staring at him as he stares at me.
“I- How are you feeling?” he asks. I fake a cough.
“Horrible,’ I tell him.
“Well good thing I’m here.” He pushes his way past me and enters my kitchen with the fruit basket. He opens it and removes various fruits. And starts peeling and chopping them.
“Jackson, what are you doing here?” I ask him.
“I heard you were sick and I want you to feel better,” he tells me.
“And what if I get you sick?” I ask him. He shrugs at me.
“Then I’m sick. Now ah.” Before I think about it I open my mouth and he puts a piece of tangerine in it. I sigh.
“Jackson I still want to be al-.”
“You know the saying? Best way to get to a man’s heart is through his stomach?” he asks me.
“Uh yeah?”
“I really hope it’s true for all men. Because it worked on me.” I look at him bewildered as he feeds me another piece of fruit.
“Are you saying that’s how you fell for me?” I ask. He picks up a banana and peels it.
“Maybe,” he tells me. My mind thinks back to all the times I’ve fed him and only one thought comes to mind. The first day I brought him to my place and cooked for him. “First home cooked meal since I got here,” he tells me. “I mean Mino would cook every now and then. But they weren’t completely meals and nowhere near as good as your cooking.”
“Jackson-.” I stop when his head touches my forehead. He hums to himself probably realizing I’m actually not sick. His hand slides to my cheek.
“You don’t feel sick but you look it,” he says. He goes to the fridge and pulls out a water bottle and hands it to me. I start to feel so feverish that I down the entire bottle. He looks so cool right now it’s unbelievable. And everything he does touches my heart. He’s making it way too hard to get over him.

I’m also incredibly weak. It’s only been a day of me not eating anything but I guess with two days without sleep it put a toll on me. Makes me wonder how I survived college. My head rests on Jackson’s lap. I lay across the couch because I told him I needed to watch my ‘favorite’ show. I don’t have a favorite tv show. Much less watch tv. I think he knows I’m lying. He gave me a look and then shrugged. As we watch this random show I start thinking of last night all over again. And wonder why is he here.
“I don’t get it,” Jackson says. Me neither.
“What?” I ask him.
“It’s obvious she loves him. Why does she keep pushing him away?” he asks. It takes me a moment to get that he’s talking about the tv show. Is that what’s really going on? I take a deep breath before answering.
“Because she’s scared of getting hurt.”
“Who’s going to hurt her?” he asks. I blink away tears.
“Him.” I turn and face Jackson. “And if not him then everyone around them. They’d say she’s not good enough or they’d judge them too much. People can do a lot to make sure two people don’t stay together.” His hand moves to my head and sweeps my hair to the side.
“I’m not scared of anything when it comes to you. And I’ll protect you from people like them,” he tells me. I take his hand from my head and hold it tight.
“Jackson I love you.”

 

And it's in the air. That's right readers. Mark Tuan actually/finally told Jackson how he felt. A longer chapter! Yay I did good here. Because it's longer I expect more reviews/comments. Prepare for the enxt chapter. Markson moments will be plentiful.