The Sign

Just Date Me Already

Mark

After his schedule I promise Jackson I’ll take him to his door. Only problem is I can’t keep those kinds of promises when it comes to him. We get to his door and I pull him into a kiss. My hands trail all over his body and he takes my kisses by surprise.
“Mark hyung,” he says gasping for air.
“Shh,” I tell him. “Relax.” I continue to kiss him and gently bite on his skin. He makes a sound and my hand reaches his crotch. I draw circles in that area and Jackson begins to fidget. Is this it? Is this how it starts? I’m assuming after this is .
“You have work,” he says through clenched teeth. I back away breathless his cheeks are red as he breaths too.
“Since when do you try to get rid of me?” I ask.
“Since when do you break a promise?”
“I walked you to your door didn’t I?” He smiles and let’s out a breathless laugh. I give him one more kiss before leaving.

I get to the office in time for three interviews. But only one catches me by surprise. Jinwoo. He seems innocent. So innocent he wouldn’t touch a person beyond a handshake or even just a polite nod. His big eyes are friendly and he’s just covered in that older brother persona.
“He’s perfect,” I tell JB.
“Perfect because he looks like he won’t be interested in Jackson?” he asks.
“Exactly,” I tell him.
“I figured.” He marks something off on his paper.
“We still have two more,” he reminds me.
“Send them away.”
“You haven’t even seen them.” The next guy walks in. He’s tall and handsome with a lady killer smile.
“Good evening. My name is Chanyeol-.”
“Get out,” I tell him. He looks at me a bit confused. “I mean it. We already made our decision,” I tell him Lady killer just bows and heads out.
“I saw him,” I tell JB. JB shakes his head at me and marks something on another sheet of paper. Ten minutes later Yugyeom lets in the next guy. This guy is pretty good looking short and he has an honest and bright face.
“Hello my name is Kim Junmyun but you can call me Suho,” he says. JB looks at me to see if I’ll kick him out and I don’t.
“Hi I’m Jaebum Im and this Mark Tuan. We’ll be interviewing you today.”

“I liked that guy too,” I tell JB.
“Same here. He’s qualified. He can get the job done. And even though he’s temporary when you get over your break up with Jackson I can keep him.”
“And make him do what?” I ask.
“I don’t know. Manage Youngjae?”
“We’re giving him a chance?”
“Soon. He has perseverance. He’ll make it places.” I nod in agreement. He’s persistent I’ll give him that. JB taps his pen on the desk. “When are you breaking up with Jackson?”
“I don’t know,” I respond. 
“You just know you are breaking up with him?”
“I’m waiting for a sign.”
“Odd way to break up.”
“We’re not even together so we’re not really breaking up,” I remind him.
“Still a break up.”

      

A week came and flew by. I stare at Jackson’s face. His beard is coming in. I wonder if we wake up early enough would he let me shave it. It’s something I always wanted to do. Shave my lover’s beard. I press my lips against his and put a hand in his hair. He wakes up I didn’t mean to I just got. . . excited.     
“Good morning,” he tells me.
“I remember last night,” I tell him. He smiles at me. 
“You do?” he asks. I smile at him one of my biggest smiles as I nod.
“I do.” I kiss him again. A long intimate kiss.
“You do,” he says. I kiss him repeatedly short  fast kisses. “Mark so you really want to repeat last night?” he asks.
“No,” I tell him. I sit up. “I want to shave your face.” He gives me an uneasy look.

In the bathroom I rub shaving cream on his face and get the razor out. He’s sitting on the bathroom sink an easy way for me to get to him.
“I’m so happy right now,” I say out loud. 
“I am too,” he says. He looks up at me and I press my lips against his getting shaving cream on my chin in the process. I wipe it away and carefully shave his face. I make sure to be very, very careful. I don’t want to cut or hurt him at all. When I’m down I grab a napkin and wipe it away. I take his hands and place them on my hips as I sway them.
“Mark,” he whispers looking into my eyes. They sparkle and everything.
“Go get ready and I’ll make you breakfast,” I tell him I give him another kiss and release him. He gets ready and I go into the kitchen. We switch places when he’s down. I watch off the smell of that a part of me wanted to keep. I actually remember last night. And it was amazing more than amazing. Words can’t describe it. I put on the suit that I brought for today because I knew I’d sleep over. Jackson’s waiting for me instead of eating. He leans against the cupboard and I walk right in between his legs.
“Wanna do something after work today?” I ask him. My lips touching his as I talk.
“Sleepover at your place?” he asks.
“Of course,” I tell him. I place his hands on my and let him squeeze. I gasp into the next kiss. 
Then all of a sudden he makes a wrong move. A slip on the lips. He goes back then somehow forward crashing his teeth against my lips.
“Ow!” I say more from surprise. Jackson’s no longer near me. He stands in front of me facing the door. “Jackson?” I call to him. I look over his shoulder and see Mino. He stands in the doorway with a smug look on his face.
“Hello Jackson,” he says.

Jackson

Mino’s daring eyes almost scare me. I make sure to keep Mark behind me to protect him. He peeks over my shoulder and all the happiness drains out of his face. I wish I could see his smile but that’s far from existence.
“Hello manager I see you two have gotten close. Mind if I talk to my boyfriend?” he asks. Mark looks at me and I don’t know what to do or say. He pats my back and gets his backpack he leaves without saying another word. I look at Mino. He walks into the dining room and draws a chair.
“Sit,” he tells me.
“Mino I want to break up. Now,” I say.
“Ah just because I caught you red handed you want me gone?” he says. He doesn’t sound pleased.
“I wanted you gone for a long time,” I tell him. Mino hums out loud.
“No,” he says. I get in his face.
“Realize a relationship takes two people not one. We can’t keep dating if I’m not into the relationship.”
“Ah but we can Jackson. Let’s not forget there’s a defenseless manager out there. You may think you’ll always be next to him but you won’t.” I bite my lip I suddenly feel like Mark.
“You can’t keep doing this Mino,” I tell him. He pushes me back right into one of the chairs he drew.
“Tell me Jackson. How far did you two go? Further than we ever went? More than a kiss? Tell me honestly,” he says. His arm runs up my thigh. I don’t back down. I stare at him with a look of confidence.
“We went all the way.”

Mark
That’s it. That was the sign. The one I’ve been waiting for and avoiding since Jackson and I hooked up. Somethings I just ignore. But this. I can’t ignore this. What could be a bigger sign than Jackson’s boyfriend walking in on us? It’s definitely time I end things.
I stare into the mirror and watch the blood drip down from my lips. I don’t wipe it away. That kiss the sloppy slip that burst my lip could probably be the last time I kiss Jackson. Gosh I miss him. I’m hoping it’s not but I have to face the facts. Jackson was never mine to begin with.

He shows up to work late. He looks shaken up and unraveled. I want to ask him what’s wrong but I don’t. He gets on set and they take him away. His acting isn’t 100% today. They keep stopping and telling him to start over. He looks over at me. One glance. And then he’s acting perfectly again. How does that even work? I wonder. 

When he’s done he keeps his distance. His hair all over his face.
“You okay?” I ask him.
“Mark hyung,” he says. “I’m sorry.”
“For what?” I ask him.
“Earlier.” I bite my lip.
“Jacks we need to talk,” I tell him. I take him for a walk. We go out into the park it’s rather empty around this time the sun went down only a few minutes ago. He walks next to me with his hands in his pockets. I stop under a tree my favorite tree. I guess I’m going to stop liking this tree from now on.
“Jackson whatever we have going on right now.I think we should end it.” He looks up at me. It’s then without the make-up without his hair covering his face he has little marks all it. I don’t know what to make of them.
“What?” he asks. I hold his face trying to see it in the moonlight.
“What happened to your face?” I ask. He slaps my hands away.
“You’re breaking up with me?”
“J-I yes,” I tell him now it’s my turn to bow my head. He grabs my shoulders.
“Mark, I love you,” he says. I can feel tears flow right out of my eyes. That’s the first time he’s ever said that to me.
“Jackson please you’re making this hard,” I tell him.
“I don’t want to lose you.”
“But Mi-.”
“Let me deal with him.” I touch his face. My thumb pressed against one of the marks
“He did this because of me, didn’t he?” I ask. He takes my hand and pulls it away.
“I need you Mark.” I shake my head.
“I’m sorry Jackson. B-but I just can’t.” He looks at me his eyes filled with pain..
“M-.”
“I can’t see you for a while. It will only be a while. You’ll have a new manager starting tomorrow and he’ll help you with everything. Treat him well, okay?”
“You planned this!?” he asks completely shocked.
“I- I always knew I didn’t deserve you Jackson. I was preparing for the worse.” He doesn’t reply his body shakes violently against him. “I’ll miss you.” I move forward to kiss him one more time but he takes a few steps back shaking his head. He looks up to the sky and frowns. He’s so strong he wants to cry he wants to scream but he keeps it all in. He’s a good actor.
“Mark,” he says again.
“Yes?” I respond.
“Let’s never say good bye.”

 

Wow! Good job guys! Because there were more comments for that one chapter than usual I decided to upload a new chapter right away. Your comments really mean a lot to me. I like to know how my stories make my readers feel. So thank you! I'm sorry for another sad chapter. Please leave more comments!