Twelve

Cherry Blossoms

I called Sakura a few nights later. I was a little tipsy, drinking Hennessy all by myself.

“Jimin?” Her voice was soft and gentle in my ear.

“Can you come over?” I mumbled into the phone. “I’m lonely.”

“Yeah. Yeah, I’ll be there in a little while.”

 

She hung up and I let my phone drop from my hand onto the floor. I lay sprawled out on my bed, miserable.

I did not handle loneliness well.

 

It was easier when I was alone. When I hadn’t remember the comfort of a woman’s touch. When only my scent clung to my pillows and sheets.

I felt older than twenty-four. I felt ancient, weighed down by the isolation of human existence.

 

A faint knock at the door stirred me from my melodramatic musings.

Jack pushed his nose against my cheek, whining softly.

“I’m going.” I told him, sitting up slowly. “I’m gonna answer the door.”

I held on to the wall for support as I made my way across the living room to the front door.

“Jimin? Are you there?” I could hear Sakura’s pretty voice through the thick wood of the door.

“Yeah, baby, I’m coming.” I called out to her, slipping on the rug in the entryway.

I finally managed to unlock and open the door to reveal her concerned face. I smiled, taking in the sight of her wild mane springing out from the confines of her headband. She was dressed up in a long, cream colored tulle skirt and a sky blue polka dot shirt. She clutched her bag nervously and I noticed she had on at least a dozen rings, stacked on top of each other on both her hands.

“You okay?” She squinted up at me, curls falling into her face.

“Mmhmm.” I grinned at her, feeling my smile stretch wide across my face. “The best.”

“If you say so.” Sakura smiled up at me, her red lipstick standing out against her tanned skin.

I bent down slowly, laughing softly as her breathing picked up. I caught her curls in my hands, staring closely into her brown eyes, lashes blown wide with mascara. “I wanna kiss you.” I whispered, drawing closer until our noses touched.

“I slept with Jin.” She blurted out, right before my lips met hers.

“What?” I pulled away immediately, blinking. “I’m kinda tipsy. Did you say you slept with Jin?”

“Yeah.” She whispered, tucking her hair behind her ear. “I slept with Jin.”

 

I ran a hand through my hair, furrowing my eyebrows.

“All right. Come in.”

I stepped aside to let her pass by me into the living room. Sakura watched me timidly, almost tiptoeing past me to get to the couch.

“Do you want a drink?” I asked, pouring myself some coffee. I needed to sober up.

“No, I’m okay.” She managed to smile at me. I took a sip of my coffee and went to go sit next to her.

She rested her head on my shoulder; her curls spilled onto my arm and chest. I wasn’t sure which I liked more; this girl or her hair.

“It’s okay.” I whispered, kissing a clump of curls. “You’re okay.”

“I don’t feel okay.” Her voice was nothing more than a soft murmur. “He proposed. He painted his old nursery that we used to play in for our future babies.”

I set down my coffee as Sakura started to cry. She leaned into me as I pulled her into my lap, rubbing her back in soothing circles.

“I’m sorry, Jimin. I know we’re together, but I feel like you like me and I’m still in love with Jin.”

“I already knew that.” I brushed her curls out of her face. They stuck to her skin in wet clumps from her tears. “It’s okay.”

“It’s not okay!” Sakura cried. “It’s not. I feel like I’m using both of you.”

“Well, pick one of us.” I suggested, kissing her forehead.

She looked up at me skeptically.

“Don’t pick Jin.” I teased, pinching her nose.

She gave me a half-hearted giggle. “I need some help.” She whispered, running her fingers across my cheek.

“Can I kiss you?” I threaded my fingers in her hair, tangles be damned.

“Yeah.” Sakura whispered. She closed the distance between our lips, a determined expression in her eyes.

 

I got caught up in the kiss, still a little buzzed. She moaned into my mouth, pressing herself up against me, her hands exploring my back. After a few heated minutes of making out, I slid my hands under her thighs and stood, holding her in my arms. She started to giggle, but I kissed her and cut it off.

 

Her tongue explored my mouth as I carried her to the bedroom, nearly tripping over Jack who was napping in front of my door. He nipped at my ankle, but I ignored him and kicked the bedroom door shut.

I tossed Sakura on the bed and she looked up at me through heavy eyelids as I lifted my shirt over my head, throwing it to the side. She scooted farther down the bed, making room for me as I moved towards her.

Her skirt billowed out around her as I reached under it, running my hands along her thighs. I loved her thighs almost as much as I loved her curls.

She fumbled with the button on my jeans as I tugged down her underwear.

 

Eventually, Sakura was laid out underneath me, curls splayed out against my pillow.

“You’re always trying to get some, Jimin.”

“Well, you’re just so gorgeous.” I laid my forehead against hers, staring into her dark eyes. “And I’m obsessed with this body of yours.”

“What about my personality?” She asked, little furrows appearing in between her eyebrows.

“Even better than your curves.” I kissed the furrows away, catching my chin painfully on her nose ring.

“You’re nice.” Sakura told me, patting my cheek.

“I am nice. So just think of me.” I whispered, resting my body against hers. “Don’t think about Jin.”

I could see the hesitation in her eyes as I played with her hair, winding it around my fingers.

“Say my name.” I felt her shiver as I bent my head to kiss her neck, on the soft skin. I began a path of kisses down her neck to her pretty clavicles, untucking her shirt as I went along. “Say my name, sweetheart.”

She closed her eyes as I slid a hand underneath her bra, a soft moan escaping .

“Think of me.” I whispered in her ear. “Say my name.”

Sakura tucked her thumbs in my boxers, pulling them down slowly.

“Jimin.” She pulled my face closer to hers, kissing me. “You have any condoms?”

“I thought you were on birth control.” She let go of my chin and I left butterfly kisses on her cheek.

“I forgot to refill my prescription.” She arched her back with a sigh as I slid my hands under her skirt.

“I’ll just pull out.” I whispered, shifting my body so I could kiss down her thighs. I glanced up to see her reaction.

Sakura wrinkled her nose at me. “I don’t wanna get my skirt dirty.”

“Take it off.” I laughed. I didn’t really want her to. It was kind of cute, poofing out around us.

“I’m too lazy.” She sighed.

“Guess you’re getting pregnant then.” I her skin, trying to leave a dark mark on her inner thigh.

“What kind of guy doesn’t have condoms?” She retorted, sitting up. Her curls bounced down around her shoulders, shining in the moonlight streaming through the window.

“The kind of guy who never gets laid.” I ran a hand through my hair.

“Go get some.” Sakura ordered, tossing her curls majestically.

I looked down at myself pointedly. “I’m kind of…indisposed.”

She burst into giggles. I pounced on her, smothering her with kisses.

“This is because of you!” I cried, grinning as she giggled underneath me. “Take responsibility!”

“Okay, but only because I’m so and you’re so damn cute.” Sakura relented, holding my face in her hands. I grinned down at her and kissed her nose.

“I’ll take responsibility if you get pregnant.” I whispered, pulling her skirt up.

“You ing better.” She closed her eyes and sighed out my name.

 

 

I thought then that it would probably be easy to fall in love with her.