Chapter 6: Reunion and Explanation

Strawberry Prince

Here's the update that i promised. I hope you enjoy reading this chapter.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

No One Pov

                After finished eating the strawberries, Woohyun saw some juice near Sunggyu’s lips and lean forward to wipe Sunggyu’s mouth by using his handkerchief. Sunggyu was startled and felts nervous as Woohyun lean forward to him and did not move when Woohyun wipes his mouth.

“What a messy eater you are, Strawberry Gyu, but I like you like this” said Woohyun as he wipes Sunggyu’s mouth.

Sunggyu blushed so hard that he think that his face turn as red as the strawberry that he ate just now when he heard Woohyun called him Strawberry Gyu. His heart beat so fast as he feels so embarrassed in front of Woohyun and try to think about something else to calm his heartbeat. Why did I felt like this when Woohyun said that to me? Sunggyu thought in his mind. Being the most beautiful person at the village, Sunggyu already used to people flirting and confessing to him but he did not feels anything when they confessed to him or calling him Strawberry Gyu. He frowns and pout so much as he was thinking about his feelings and did not realized that Woohyun was calling his name. Woohyun tried calling his name but find Sunggyu’s expression so amusing and cute that he pinched Sunggyu’s chubby cheek to wake Sunggyu up from daydreaming.

                Sunggyu snapped out of his thought when Woohyun suddenly pinched his cheeks. He was angry because actually he was sensitive of people pinching his cheek because he always thought that he is fat because of his cheek. Sure, he had lost lot of his baby cheek but he still thought that he looks fat due to his cheek. He was mad at Woohyun for pinching at his cheek and also because he feels his cheek hurt that he starts to cry while touching his cheek. What others did not about Sunggyu was that he was a crybaby, he will start crying if he is hurt even when he got a small cut. Woohyun immediately regretted his action as he saw Sunggyu starts crying and hug him to calm Sunggyu down. Unfortunately, as Woohyun was hugging Sunggyu, the queen come into the room and saw his baby crying in Woohyun embrace. 

“What happened, Woohyun? Why is my baby crying? Did you do anything bad to him?”asked the queen while taking Sunggyu from Woohyun and start calming Sunggyu by humming some sweet melody that she always do when Sunggyu is still a baby.

“I did not do anything bad, mom. I just find Sunggyu is so cute that I pinched his cheek.” answered Woohyun while shaking his head, trying to find excuse so that the queen will not angry to him as he makes Sunggyu cry.

Sunggyu starts to calm down and stop crying after listening to the sweet melody sang by his mother and look up to see a beautiful woman was hugging him.

“I am your mother, Sunggyu. Forgive me for sending you to that village and lying that we was already dead,” said the queen while crying and holding Sunggyu’s hand.

“You are my mother? Why you send me there? Where is father?”asked Sunggyu as he starts to tear up again because he is sad and happy that his family was actually still alive.

“I’m sorry, my baby, I love you so much that I rather send you far away from me because you are in danger if you stay the castle. The enemy found out about your power and every day they send someone to kidnap you,” said the queen while squeezing Sunggyu’s palm.

Sunggyu was glad and happy after hearing his mother’s explanation. Actually when Myungsoo talked to him yesterday he thought that his parents did not love him and abandoned him by sending him far away from the castle. He stopped crying and hugged his mother tightly and keeps calling his mom. “Mom, mom, are really my mother, can I call you mom?” asked Sunggyu. “Of course, dear, you are my baby,” said the queen. The queen also tells Sunggyu that his father will come back tomorrow for Sunggyu’s birthday celebration and also to welcome Sunggyu back to the castle. His father was attending a meeting with Woohyun’s father, King of Venosa at Rose, the capital city of Venosa. Sunggyu was jumping and skipping excitedly on his bed when his mother told him that they will celebrated his birthday because he never celebrate his birthday before. Woohyun smiled watching Sunggyu’s smiling happily and suddenly, Sunggyu slip because the bed sheet was slippery and he thinks that he will fall to the hard floor but feel safe and relieved as a strong arm managed to catch him from falling to the floor.

Sunggyu’s Pov

                I was so happy after my mother told me everything. I felt so glad that I am not alone in this world after my foster grandparents died. I always imagine how it feels to have a mother when I saw some kids with their mothers at the village when they come to my fruit stall. Now that I met my mother, I felt so much love from her that I would do anything to protect my family. I can’t wait to meet my father tomorrow and also tomorrow is my birthday. I was excited for tomorrow that I start jumping on my bed but unfortunately I slipped because my bed sheet is made of silk and I expected that my body will fall on the hard floor. I felt so glad when somebody catches me with his muscular, strong arm. I blushed when I find out that Woohyun was the one who save me from falling to the floor and he was carrying me bridal style. As I meet his gaze, I can see that he face was red also and I find that he is cute despite his strong impression. We looked at each other eyes for some time and I feel that the time had stop moving as Woohyun was carrying me in his embrace. Our sweet moment was disturb by somebody which is my mom. I was so embarrassed with my mom because she was there and witnesses everything that happens. She also teased me by saying, excuse me, Gyu baby, I think you should take your bath because you haven’t bath since yesterday. I become shy and immediately sniff my body to check whether I smell that bad. As I was sniffing my clothes, Woohyun lean closer to me and whisper “Don’t worry, baby, you still smell so nice to me,” as he sniff my neck. Again I feel my cheek heat up, and I try to cover my face with my palm but Woohyun and my mother keep teasing me by saying, you are so cute baby, we will not mind if you are smelly but we think you should take bath after this. Okay, I will bath now, mom, can you tell me where the bathroom is? I asked my mom. Actually I am a clean person okay, I cannot stand being dirty, the reason I haven’t bath was because I was sick yesterday and unconscious the whole day, I thought in my mind. My mom called one of the chamber maids and asked her to prepare warm water for me to bath.

No One Pov

                Sunggyu take his time bathing because he really likes to spend time in his bath. He was glad that Sungjong, one of the knights did not forget to bring his soap with strawberry scent that used to bath. The soap actually was made by him because he really like anything related to strawberry. After learning how to make soap from the old man in the village, he makes his own soap by adding some strawberry fragrance to the soap. That was the reason why he always smells sweet like strawberries. After finished bathing, he used the big fluffy towel to cover his body and was surprised to see the expensive and beautiful clothes inside the wardrobe. He cannot decide what to use because he never use that kind of clothes before. He called Sungjong, who was outside his room to help him to choose what to wear for the first dinner with his mother and brother. Sungjong was glad to help him because he likes cute things and to him Sunggyu is so cute that he volunteers to be his guard so that he can see Sunggyu every day.

“How old are you and why do you become a knight in the castle?” asked Sunggyu to Sunjong because he was curious about Sungjong who might be the same age or younger than him.

“I am eighteen, your highess, and I become a knight because I always follow my brothers to the castle and also learn how to fight since I was ten because my father is the leader of the knights,” answered Sungjong while choosing the clothes inside the wardrobe. Sunggyu asked Sungjong to be his friend because he is the same age with him which Sungjong agree to immediately while hugging Sunggyu.

                Sunjong asked Sunggyu to tried all the clothes that he pick out and decides that Sunggyu should wear the white clothes because it make Sunggyu looks like an angel which match with his white, milky skin. Sunggyu looks so beautiful and innocent at the same time as he wears the clothes that Sungjong for him. After finished dressing up, Sungjong guide him to the dining hall for dinner.

At the dining hall

                As he walks to the dining hall, he feels scared as he was being stared by the people at the hall. He takes Sungjong’s arm and links his hand together because he was scared. Sungjong noticed that Sunggyu is afraid and he glared to everyone who looks at Sunggyu. The maids and guards immediately stop staring at Sunggyu as they all know Sungjong is the younger brother of Lee Howon, who is the lead knight and the commander of the army and they don’t want to face the wrath of Lee’s brothers.

                When Sunggyu arrived at the dining hall, Woohyun could not stop staring at Sunggyu that his mouth opens in awe as he was so mesmerized with Sunggyu’s beauty. Myungsoo who saw Woohyun reaction immediately help to cover Woohyun’s mouth with his palm and asks Woohyun to close his mouth.

“I know that my brother is pretty, Woohyun ah, but I think you should stop drooling and close your mouth because Sunggyu is laughing at you now,” said Myungsoo while laughing at Woohyun’s stupid expression.

Woohyun close his mouth immediately and pull out the chair next to him for Sunggyu to sit. Sunggyu was giggling and laughing so hard after watching Woohyun dumb expression. He stops laughing when Woohyun holds his hand and kiss at the back of his hand while saying, “You looks so beautiful like an angel tonight, my Strawberry Gyu. Everyone at the dining table was laughing at the cute Sunggyu reaction as his face change crimson red because of Woohyun. Then, the queen asks the maids to serve the foods on the table. Sunggyu’s eyes widen as he saw so much food in front of him and on cue, his stomach start to growl. He looks anywhere on the table but cannot find the foods that he likes the most which is strawberries and lose his appetite to eat. Before this, he usually starts his dinner by eating strawberries because it makes him happy and enjoyed his food better. Everyone starts eating but Sunggyu was sulking and pouting in his place as he was sad that there is no strawberry for him. He starts eating when his mother feed him but still he did not enjoy the food that he ate. He knows that Woohyun knows that he will not eat without his strawberries and he called Woohyun to ask whether he has some strawberries left from the breakfast but Woohyun ignored him as he was busy chatting with Myungsoo. He was mad at Woohyun because he ignored him. He stands up abruptly and that makes everyone startled with his action.

“I want some strawberries! Bring me some strawberries!” Sunggyu shout at Woohyun and starts to sob and run back to his room.

 

A/n: Please give some comment.('-') I start to feel demotivate to continue this story because of the lack of comment and support. Haha, just joking (^-^). I will never stop writing this story. To the subscriber and reader of my story, again i want to thank you so much for reading and suscribing to my story.

Hint: The next chapter will be about an old lady offering some strawberries to Sunggyu and Sunggyu fainted after taking a bite of the strawberry. Everyone was frantic and panic as they cannot find Sunggyu anywhere during his birthday celebration.