Chapter 11: Rescue mission and sleeping beauty

Strawberry Prince

Meanwhile at the Beast Kingdom

                Doojun was angry because the monster that he sent failed to bring back the first prince of Renosia, Kim Myungsoo. He released his anger by throwing anything that was in his sight. He then went to the highest tower where he had locked up Sunggyu. He immediately lost his anger when he saw Sunggyu’s lifeless condition. Sunggyu has become thinner as he was asleep for a week already and he cannot eat anything in his sleep. The bruise on his cheeks has healed up and that make his face flawless again. Doojun could not help touching the milky pale white skin but he become worried as Sunggyu’s face looks thinner, no chubby cheeks that make him looks cuter. Doojun become more possessive of Sunggyu that he would not allow anybody including the maid to enter the room where Sunggyu is. He only let the guard to stay outside as they guard the tower from anyone who wants to save Sunggyu. Sunggyu’s face look paler than yesterday and his body is so cold, Doojun did not what to do to wake Sunggyu up. He did thinks of letting Sunggyu go back the castle but immediately change his mind as he saw Sunggyu’s beauty and remember about someone called Woohyun, Sunggyu’s fiancée. Doojun’s mind become dark as he was clouded by jealousy and he insists that Sunggyu is his and he won’t let anyone take Sunggyu away.

No One Pov

                The next day, Woohyun woke up early to prepare for the rescue mission. He could not sleep well because in his dream, he met with Sunggyu but the Sunggyu that he knows is not the same. His fiancée looks much thinner and paler in his dream. Sunggyu keeps calling him to save him but as he nears him, somebody in black pulled Sunggyu away from him. He run and chased the black guy to save Sunggyu but failed. He woke up after his bad dream of Sunggyu and hope that was just a dream and he must save Sunggyu no matter what. He could not sleep after that and decides to prepare the necessary things for the journey to the Beast Kingdom. After that, he went down to the hall and met with all the knights to discuss the plan. Little did he know that there is a spy inside the castle who had informed about their plan to Doojun.

                Doojun who know about the rescue mission called upon all his men and summoned all the most powerful monsters to guard his castle and also to stop anyone from saving Sunggyu. He then used his black magic to put a protective barrier on the highest tower where Sunggyu is so that nobody accept him can open the door and come into the tower. He was waiting for Woohyun and the knights of Renosia to come to his castle. He asks all the monsters to stand and guards the castle. There were around 100 monsters outside the castle to protect them from the attack. What he did not know was that Woohyun has summoned all dragons that he has to help him in saving Sunggyu. He ordered his dragon to help him attack the Beast kingdom and use his dragon to carry him and his friend to the Beast Kingdom.

                As they arrived at the Beast Kingdom, there were attacked by the monsters who guard the castle from the outside. As he lead the knight to the castle, he still keep calm when he saw all the monsters because he knows that the monsters are weaker than his dragons. All the monsters were killed in no time as all of them were burned to ashes by the dragons’ breath of fire. Woohyun and the Lee’s brother move as fast as they could inside the castle to find where Sunggyu is. He brings some of the knights with him and they split up to make it easier for them to search for Sunggyu. Doojun’s men was waiting inside the castle and they immediately attack Woohyun and his crew. All of them was fighting against each other but Woohyun and the knight of Renosia is much more faster and stronger and they win the fight. They proceed to climb to the tower but was stopped by Doojun and his assistants, Yonghwa and Jinki. As Doojun fights by using his black magic, all the other knights were not able to touch him at all. Only Woohyun was able to fight with him equally despite having not magic power.

                The Lee’s brother arrives later and help Woohyun to fight with Doojun’s assistant. Lee Howon managed to knock out both Doojun’s assistant with the help of his brothers. They then proceed to help Woohyun to fight with Doojun. Doojun, despite fighting with four people did not break a sweat at all. He is so strong that four of them felt helpless when fighting with him. As Sungjong managed to distract Doojun’s attention, Sungyeol try to stab Doojun with his sword but failed as Doojun grabbed his sword by using his bare hand and pull Sungyeol and Sungjong with his magic and both of they were sent flying to the wall. Both of them were unconscious from the impact and their oldest brother, Howon was furious and angry with Doojun who injured his brothers. Woohyun and Howon fight Doojun with all their strength but barely able to scratch Doojun. When Woohyun keeps calling for Sunggyu’s name as he fight, Doojun become so mad that he starts focusing on killing Woohyun only and did not notice of Howon who was behind him. He was surprised to see Howon next to him and did not see a sword was lunged toward his back. Howon managed to stab Doojun with his sword. Doojun was laughing because he thought that the stab he received will close up immediately but his expression changed as he feels some pain coming from the wound and notice that his wound did not heal immediately. Now he knows that, Howon’s sword was casted with white magic, and could kill anyone even him who is immortal due to his black magic. Doojun immediately use his power to escape because he knows that he could be defeated as he used up to much power after summoning the monsters and caste the spell on the tower. Besides, he believes that nobody could break the spell and they would not be able to save Sunggyu.

                Howon and Woohyun tried to climb the stairs to the highest tower but failed as the protective barrier repel them every time they approach the staircase. Woohyun feels so dejected that his fiancé was near but he could not reach and save him. He sat down and starts pulling up his hair due to frustration. Howon who saw him act like that got angry and slapped him to stop him from giving up.

“Woohyun, do you love Sunggyu? If you do love him, you cannot give up. You must save him at all cost. Don’t you remember his crying face yesterday, he still believes that you would save him,” said Howon to Woohyun while holding his brothers with his arm.

“I really love him, Howon. You are right, I cannot give up now that Sunggyu is within my reach, waiting for me to save him,” said Woohyun while helping Howon to carry his brothers.

He then thought of a great idea how to reach to the highest tower without using the stair, which is by using his dragon. Howon put his brothers at the back of the dragon that they rode before. Then, he helps all the injured knights who was still alive to walk to the dragons who is waiting outside the castle.

Woohyun rushed to his dragon, Inspirit and ordered him to fly near the highest tower. When he was near to the windows on the highest tower, he saw where Sunggyu is. He got angry at the sight because Sunggyu was lying on the bed, lifelessly, looking so pale and thin. He then ordered his dragon to use it’s magical power to make a hole to the barrier for a while so that he could break the window and come into the tower. His dragon, Inspirit is bit different from other dragons because it is a royal dragon and have magical power. Woohyun jump into Sunggyu’s room by using the window. He then carried Sunggyu in bridal style and run towards the window as fast as he couls before the hole close up. He was surprised when he carried Sunggyu because the boy is so light and thinner.

                Woohyun managed to jump out of the window, where his dragon is waiting to catch him from falling down. He then ordered all dragons to fly as fast as they could to go back to the Kingdom of Renosia.

                Woohyun immediately called Dongwoo to check on Sunggyu upon arriving at the castle. The queen who was waiting for Woohyun and the knight to come back run to Sunggyu’s room to see her son. Myungsoo and the king were also running towards Sunggyu’s room because they are so worried about Sunggyu’s condition. Meanwhile, the injured knights were treated by other royal physician, which is Mr. Jang, Dongwoo’s father.

                After checking up Sunggyu’s condition, he called the queen and asked her about the spell that she castes on Sunggyu. He also told them that Sunggyu’s body is so weak as he had been sleeping for a week and although he has no injuries, he did not know when he will wake up. The queen explained that the spell was a bit complicated and to break the spell, they need a true love to wake Sunggyu up from his sleep. As Woohyun listens to the queen explanation, he starts to think whether he was the true love of Sunggyu because he did not know whether Sunggyu loves him back the same way he loves him. All the queen could do was to give some energy to her son, as Sunggyu’s body is weak as he did not eat anything due to his sleep.

                Woohyun stays in Sunggyu’s room every day. He changes Sunggyu’s cloth, wipe his body to make sure it clean and talk to Sunggyu like he was awake. Myungsoo feels so worried about his brother’s condition and also his bestfriend, Woohyun. Woohyun had not been sleeping as he thought that if he sleeps, someone would snatch away Sunggyu again.

A/n: Hope you enjoy this chapter. Don't worry about Sunggyu's condition, hehe. In the next chapter, there are a lot more of Woogyu interaction.

Again, KEEP CALM AND LOVES KIM SUNGGYU, THE CUTEST LEADER