Chapter 10: Intruders

Strawberry Prince

Thank you to the new readers and subscribers. I am really happy that you guys are willing to read my story. Here's a double chapter for you guys. Enjoy(^-^)

No One Pov

                Woohyun was rushing to go back to the castle. He really wants to save Sunggyu badly, after seeing the image of Sunggyu at the village means that something bad has happened to him. Nobody knows that Woohyun had gone back to Sunggyu’s old house, Myungsoo and the other notice his absence when they try went to his room and find his room empty. Myungsoo worried about his bestfriend, Woohyun because it was already in the middle of the night but he still did not come back. He thought that maybe something bad happened to Woohyun and that’s why he still not back to the castle. As he walked around the castle accompanied by his guard, Lee Sungyeol, he was lost in his thought that he did not realise that there are someone with black hood standing in front of him.  He bumped into the guy wearing black and Sungyeol instinctively run to him and catch him before he falls to the ground. Myungsoo blushes and heart beat become faster as he was so near to Sungyeol, in his embrace. Actually nobody knows about his crush to Sungyeol, he didn’t tell anyone because he afraid that Sungyeol might reject his love. Sungyeol immediately pull Myungsoo to his behind to protect him as he could sense something evil come from the guy that Myungsoo bumped into. The guy wearing black was staring at Myungsoo with his red eyes and when Sungyeol notice that, he immediately grab Myungsoo’s hand and tell him that they need to run away faster because that guy is aiming for Myungsoo.

They quickly run as fast as they could and Sungyeol keep shouting to alert other guards of the intruder inside the castle. As Sungyeol feels that they had managed to run away from the guy, he brings Myungsoo into one of the storage room to hide. After some time, they thought that they manage to escape but realised that they are wrong as they can hear some footstep in front of the storage’s door. They was shocked when the intruder bang on the door and the door was slowly getting destroy by him. Sungyeol become more anxious but still show calmness as he needs to be strong for Myungsoo and ready to fight the enemy. As the door was destroyed, they was shocked to see a monster with red eyes barged into the storage and rushed toward Myungsoo. Actually the monster was disguised by Doojun by using his black magic and was ordered to capture the first prince so that he can use Myungsoo to wake Sunggyu up. Sungyeol immediately pull out his sword and fights with the monster. As he was fighting the monster, he asked Myungsoo to leave him and run away to call for help. Myungsoo was a bit reluctant to leave him but a Sungyeol promised that he will be safe, he immediately run out of the room and scream to call for help. The Lee brothers who heard of Sungyeol’s shouting before called all the knights to check the castle for any intruders. Myungsoo was lucky that when he come out from the hall, he bumped into Lee Howon, the knight and Sungyeol’s brother. After he told everything to Howon while running towards the storage room, Howon stopped him from following and asks Sungjong to hide Myungsoo and bring him to the secret chamber in the castle. Myungsoo tried to protest because he wants to help Sungyeol but failed as Sungjong hit him lightly on his stomach to make him faint and carry him away to the secret chamber. He also asked the other knights to be alert and inform the king and queen to hide with Myungsoo.

Sungyeol strengths starts to diminish, the monster that he fights with is so strong and fast because Doojun had gave the monster some of his black magic. When he stumbled because of the push from the monster, the monster took this advantage to claws Sungyeol’s back by using his sharp claws. Blood splatters from the wound, but Sungyeol did not give up, he thinks that Myungsoo will be in danger if he lost to the monster. He gathers all his energy to fight with the monster and managed to stab the monster’s stomach. But as the monster has black magic given by Doojun, his wound closed up immediately after he was stabbed. Sungyeol become more anxious and angry because the monster has self-healing power that even though he was stabbed a few times it does not affect his body at all. Sungyeol feels tired after some time and his vision starts to blur due to massive lost of blood from his wound. Luckily, Howon come at the right time and help him to kill the monster by slaying the monster’s head. Sungyeol expected that the monster will heal himself again but not as the monster turns into ash directly after the head was slayed by his brother. Howon’s sword is different from others as it was awarded by the queen for being the first in command of the army and it was casted with a powerful spell by the queen herself and that’s why he can kill the monster easily.

                Howon carried his brother to Dongwoo’s room so that Dongwoo can heal his brother’s wound. Myungsoo woke up after some time and asked Sungjong about Sungyeol’s condition. He was relieved to hear that Sungyeol was safe and the monster was dead. Woohyun arrived at the castle the next morning. He feels weird to see many knights walking around the castle and they look so serious as if something bad had happened last night when he was not there. Woohyun immediately run to Myungsoo’s room to inform him about who kidnapped Sunggyu. The king and the queen was also inside Myungsoo’s room as they discuss about the monster’s attack and was shocked to see Woohyun’s messy condition. Woohyun told them about what he had found at Sunggyu’s old house suggests a rescue mission to the Beast Kingdom as soon as possible because he can sense something bad had happened to Sunggyu. The king agrees with his suggestion and called upon some of the strongest knights, including the Lee’s brother to help Woohyun save the prince.