Ninth Chapter

Boss
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“Well?” she asked after a few minutes of awkward silence. Even though I told myself that I should explain to her about things that I wouldn’t normally say- actually scratch that, because I never expected the moment that I would say anything about my god be damned life.

 

Yes, it is that kind of terrific.

 

For how many times, I can’t remember, I contemplated again if I should actually tell her.

 

Not the first time in my life that I felt my heart beat increase but unlike my previous experiences with this woman… I feel dread instead of that elating sensation that I always get whenever her gaze and mine met.

 

But then again, I thought about the things she did for me, the emotions that only she can possibly make me feel, and the contentment that comes along with her presence.

 

So I took the largest breath in my life and…, “I don’t know where to start so tell me what you want to know.”  

 

Without a pause she asked, “Why did you ran away?”

I thought about the best way to answer her question. I looked at her face, particularly her eyes and her brown cat-like eyes looked back at me with polite reciprocal curiosity out of a charming, discontented face. 

 

“I don’t like the things I see, hear, and feel. I see what they do… the way they destroy lives, I hear whispers from people who try to either avoid me because of my last name or try to get close to me to find a way to use me. I hear harsh words that I have no way to deny because it is true and I feel guilty about it. I used the money they earn, that blood-soaked money.”  I clenched my fist as I took a ragged breath, “I was scared, Krystal. Their own daughter is scared of them!”

 

She looked at me with sincerity in her eyes and held my hand, “Scared?”

 

I nodded, “They like keeping their image aside from the fact that they are religious… it’s ridiculous.” I chuckled, “So when they saw me being intimate with another woman you can just imagine how furious they were.”

 

I saw her squinting her eyes and I felt that the way she held my hand tightened. I thought that my mind was just playing tricks on me because when I looked at her again her expression is neutral and her hand is relaxed.

 

“And so, you ran away?” She asked.

 

I shook my head, “There’s no way that I can escape. I was in strict supervision and they forced me to some dates… to cure me.” I saw how her eyebrows slightly frowned, “My father’s patience is very short so I planned a way to piss him off as revenge.”

 

She looked at me quizzically.

 

“Being his daughter has some advantages, one of it is being aware of his operations.  I simply called to his most powerful enemy, anonymously, to destroy one of h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter