Eight Chapter

Boss
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Despite the earlier incident with her plates at the restaurant, here we are sitting on her couch comfortably. Let’s say… we’re cuddling, sort of. I say sort of because I honestly don’t know where I stand with this set up.

 

I’m not even sure if there is a set up at all.

 

Okay, you might think that I am a pessimist but look at it in this perspective… we kissed, we flirt, we cuddle, we did it, but I’m not even sure what the hell is going on? What are we?

 

Not a one night stand.

 

Not friends with benefits since we’re not even friends.

 

I’m sure that this is not part of my job.

 

We’re not together.

 

So what, just casual?

 

Yes, I said just. I don’t like being ‘casual’ with her. Damn it, I don’t even want to think that that’s all this is but that’s the most probable thing.

 

What the hell, Amber? You’ve known her for only a month and you’ve already been bewitched!

 

Get a freaking grip with yourself!

 

... I kept telling myself the same thing over and over again but to my luck, it’s not very effective. It seems like Krystal is just too powerful.

 

I might have completely lost it.

Back to the present, I’m watching whatever’s on the television but I’m not really paying attention to it since this woman beside have a knack of making me stare at her.

 

Meanwhile, she’s browsing her phone. It must be something about the restaurant since she’s pouring her attention to it.

 

And to my irrationality, I want her to just look at me.

 

Seriously, Amber?

 

Are you freaking serious?

 

I shook my head to get the ridiculousness off of me.

 

“Amber,” she called me. And then she tilted her phone to me, “Look.”

…I stared at the screen of her phone. What I’m currently looking at is my picture. I removed my gaze from the phone and this time, I looked into her eyes.

 

Her gaze is strong as if she wants me to spill the beans.

 

And spill it, I did. I mean, what should I do? Deny it when my face is obviously in that article?

 

“Man, aren’t I handsome?” I jokingly asked.

 

“I didn’t think that you would admit it so easily,” she said. “So, anything to say, Liu?”

 

“I ran away,” I stated.

 

“I know that, Captain Obvious, the article said so. Besides, it was obvious from the very beginning. You don’t exactly look like someone who’s supposed to work in a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter