Fourth Chapter

Boss
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

How?

Tell me, how did that idea get into my head? I am smart, educated, rational… an intelligent human being so how did this idea sound so good when it is not? This just drives me so crazy.

So yeah, I went back to the restaurant and stopped in my track when it suddenly dawned on me that there can’t be possibly anyone inside. Well, that’s all fine when you think about it. The thing is no one’s inside which means that…

 

The door is locked and I don’t have a key. I have no way to get inside and it is late already. Should I mention that it is still raining? Let me also tell you this, having an umbrella doesn’t mean that you are water proof so you get that right! I am dripping wet, not the good kind and I am not evocating something, and nowhere to run to.

If I go back home, I’ll conserve my water bills because there will be no need for shower.

If I knock on my neighbor’s house, they might think that I am a burglar… that’s if they actually answer the door this late at night.

If I go back to my parents… why would I?

“I guess this is my only option, huh?”

I continued walking towards the door of the restaurant. I figured that I should shelter myself at the restaurant’s doorway since it provided just that. Of course, a wishful thinking of mine can’t help but try to open the door.

“It opened,” I muttered. I know I shouldn’t do this but desperate time calls for desperate measures so I stepped inside.  

I can’t help but be reminded of her gaze. If she saw me here, I might as well bury myself because of several reasons.

First is my pride.

Second is my dignity.

Third, her cat-like eyes will kill me.

Fact is, it is obvious that she will be mad if she saw me evacuate to her restaurant as evidenced by her affair with plates. With that reason, I stepped back.

I decided to just stay at the door way.

I was about to close the door when I heard something.

A door closed.

I am not someone who believes in supernatural things. I believe that it is impossible for a thing without an exertion force. If you know Newton’s Law then you understand my point. You do?

Good.

A force can be described by intuitive concepts such as push or pull. So with that, what causes an object to move?

The Wind? No, the windows are closed. I made sure of that before my shift ended.

An animal? I don’t think so.

The most logical answer will be a person. All my co-workers went home a tad bit earlier than me. I don’t think that my boss will stay here for so long.

A burglar then.

I folded my umbrella and silently approached the door. I made sure that my steps are silent as I search for the burglar, keeping my eyes wide open. Now that I think about it, I acted irrationally again, what would I do if I saw the burglar? Hack him with my umbrella?

That was stupid of me.

My neck almost snapped when I turned it to the left. I heard the toilet flush. I silently but hurriedly made my way near the toilet.

I saw a silhouette. I concluded that that person is shorter than me. I am 1.67 meters and I think that the perpetrator is around 1.65 or 1.66 meter.

That person suddenly turned to face me and—

The last thing I know was there was a shrilling sound and I out.

 

I woke up with a headache worse than any hangovers I had.

I surveyed the p

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter