Part Ninety-Two

Random Acts of Love: KyuWook Drabbles
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Close Call

            I was watching a short gif of Ryeowook and I on Leeteuk’s phone.  It had popped up recently on social media, but the recording wasn’t new.  Judging by the length of Ryeowook’s hair, it had to have been taken some time before he enlisted.  I couldn’t tell you when.  I’m not even sure where we are.  The truth of the matter is, it could have been taken anywhere, at any time.  This isn’t anything abnormal for us.  We travel to locations together all the time.  I mean, we’re married.  (Of course, we may not have been married during the time the video was taken, but that’s beside the point.)  We’ve been together for a long time!

            “I don’t know,” I told Leeteuk.  “Could have been anywhere.  Is it drawing a lot of attention?”

            He shook his head.  “Not much, but the mangers were showing it to me this morning.”

            “Were they worried about it?”

            “Only a little.  You and Wookie are alone and he’s standing very close to you.”  He stopped short of lecturing me about it.  Leeteuk considered himself responsible for all the members Super Junior, as the leader of the group, but he was careful not to interfere in our love life, as much as possible.  Standing close to your bandmate really isn’t that scandalous of behavior, especially when you consider that one of our other bandmates is Heechul.

            Speaking of the devil, Ryeowook finally caught up to us after recording in the sound studio.  He walked into the smaller sitting room we were chatting in and stopped when he was just behind me, wrapping his arms around my waist.  “What did I miss?”

            The irony of the situation wasn’t lost on either Leeteuk or I, since this was probably what Ryeowook was actually doing in the video recording and the car just happened to be blocking the view.  Leeteuk only grinned and gave me an expectant look.  Guess it’s my job to answer, since I’m the one married to him.  In most cases, I think it’s unfair that the members expect me to break bad news to Ryeowook simply because I’m married to him.  We’re all members of the same group!  The fact I’m married to one of them should be irrelevant.  They just don’t want to be on the receiving end of his bad mood!  But in this case, the matter came about because of our romantic relationship and it only effects the two of us.  So, I guess it’s fair that I break it to him.  If we ever do end up getting caught, we will end up going down as a couple.  I’m not sure if that’s a good thing or a bad thing but at least we’ll be together. 

            I handed Leeteuk’s phone back to him.  Ryeowook removed one of his arms from around me and silently looked at the screen for a moment.  Once it registered with him that he was looking at something that was posted online, he released me and took a few steps back.  I confess, I felt a strange sense of rejection that his automatic response was to distance himself from me, but it had been drilled into us from early on in our relationship.  Denial and distance.  If anyone questioned us, we were to deny everything and keep our distance from one another.  That’s what our managers had taught us to do.  But after all these years together, it felt so unnatural to do that.

            “Is this all there is?” Ryeowook questioned, looking over at Leeteuk.

            Leeteuk nodded, taking his phone back.  “It’s not causing much talk, but I thought I’d let you know.  You should probably watch yourself when you’re in public.  Even when you think you’re alone, you just can’t guarantee it.”

            “You can’t see anything in the video,” Ryeowook defended us.  It was true, but it’s also kind of odd that we would be standing so close together when not in a crowd or a confined area.  And, knowing him, he was probably touching me.

            Leeteuk only smiled.  He wasn’t the type to give us a hard time.  Even just mentioning something was enough to get us to be more careful.  This certainly wasn’t the first time someone had recorded or snapped a picture of us that was questionable.

            “Thanks for telling us,” I told him.

            Leeteuk headed back to the recording studio.  Once we were alone, I turned around to face Ryeowook.  He was still across the room from me, which wasn’t setting well with me.

            “I’m sorry,” Ryeowook quickly apologized. 

            “Did I complain about it?”

            “No, but I know better than to do that in public.  I remember where we were in that video.  It was too public a place to act like that,” he explained, shaking his head and beginning to pace around the room a bit, a little frazzled.

            “You didn’t do anything horrible,” I reasoned, moving in his way.  “We can explain you standing next to me, if we have to.  If you kissed me, we’d be in trouble.”

            Ryeowook stopped short of me.  “I promise I won’t kiss you in public.”

            I frowned.  “Don’t promise that!  Some of my favorite fantasies are of ravishing you in public!”

            “Kyu!  Be serious!”

            I grasped his wrists and pulled him closer.  “I am.”

            Ryeowook took a deep breath and I could feel him relaxing a little.  “You should stick to ravishing me at home.  It’s safer.”

            I wrapped my arms around him.  “I always ravish you at home.  Wouldn’t it be more fun to do it someplace else?” I asked, leaning forward to kiss him.

            Ryeowook covered my mouth with his hand, stopping me.  “It’s more fun to be safe and keep our careers.  Besides, you’re still enlisted.  Think of how badly that would go over for you!”

            I grabbed his wrist and pulled it away.  “I promise not to ravish you in public…for now,” I said, moving in again.

            Ryeowook bent back to dodge me.  “You're already breaking your promise!  We’re at the studio and you’re trying to kiss me.”

            I tightened my grip around his body, pulling him into me until he was pressed up against my chest.  “Everyone at the studio knows we’re together,” I argued.  I moved one hand to the back of his head.  He couldn’t get away anymore.  It was at that moment that I'd come to a decision about the w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter