Day 33

425 Days

17 days since Chanyeol broke up.

14 days since he came to pick up the last of his belongings.

A week since I last heard from him...


And 1 day since I stopped crying myself to sleep.


...That's a lie.


-

"Kyungsoo-yaaaaaaaaaah!"

Chanyeol's voice dropped like a bomb right in front of me, an explosion of unwanted affection just as he scooped me up into his arms and squeezed me until I squeaked like some cheap chew toy. I had just moved to the city after a long search for a decent apartment. To be honest, I had hoped to get Jongin as roommate but my friend didn't want to leave home yet. It'd be cheaper that way he'd said. There was also the fact that Jongin was still in high-school with a year left until graduation.

After Chanyeol and mine's first encounter, the guy had somehow managed to get my number. Big mistake. The guy wrote, called, snapped, tweeted, insta'ed, FB'ed, you name it, constantly and he just wouldn't take a hint.  

He'd come unannounced and just crash, watching TV or whatever while I studied. Whenever I tried to imply that 'Gee, it's getting kind of late' or 'Wow, I have a lot. Of studying to do' or 'Get out', Chanyeol would somehow still end up crashing on my couch and eat all my food. In the end I just let him do whatever the hell he wanted to.     

Because Park Chanyeol had a strangely.... Charming way of forcing himself into one's life.

It started out small.
Sometimes he would "forget" his stuff and when I would remind him of it, the tall creature argued that since he spent so much time at my place anyway, he'd obviously need a bottle of emergency eyeglass lens cleaner, a spare toothbrush and extra underwear. Obviously.  
Then after a while less subtle  things would be left at my place in the name of convenience. More and more of his clothes and shoes were suddenly pilling up in my dresser, his own duvet and pillow became a regular fixture in my single person bed, his stationary PC, because good games called for good graphics as he'd said but when he had the audacity to have a double bed delivered to my apartment... I was pissed.

For the extent of maybe 2 seconds.

Being mad at Chanyeol was like hating on... Koala bears or chickens or... Anything remotely cute and gullible. It was to put it simple, impossible.
Then more stuff appeared, some even bought together. And when one day his mail was addressed to my place, it became 'our' place.

-

I had skipped school the last few days because in all honesty, since Chan... Chanyeo... Since He left, my mind hadn't been... Right.

It was Wednesday.
The clock read 18.23 PM and I was already in bed. In fact, I hadn't left it all day. I imagined rotting away to nothing and Chanyeol finding me dead in the bed we once shared. And he'd feel awful for leaving me and regret everything that had happened and...

A frantic knocking made my selfish thoughts come to an end. I didn't want to answer. I closed my eyes and pretended I wasn't home. The excessive knocking continued for an eternity until I finally had, had it. I stormed out of bed, ready with a heavy dose of verbal poison to the one who dared disturb my pathetic self pity. As soon as  I opened the door, I barely managed to open my mouth before a lean chest pressed against my face.

"Hyung!"

...It was Jongin.

I sighed the best to my ability between Jongin's pecks before gently pushing him back but as I did, strong arms pulled me back in.
And I was trapped again.

"Jongin-ah. I can't breathe..."

"I'm so sorry hyung!"

I swallow hard. Jongin's shaky voice told me he was crying. Jongin never cried...

"Jongin..."

"I'm so sorry! I'm so sorry about Chanyeol."

I felt my hair turn damp - I lost it.

I buried myself in Jongin - I cried.


"Why didn't you tell me, hyung?"

When tears had turned to dried out streams on both our cheeks, Jongin and I found ourselves at the kitchen table, a coffee mug in each our hands and a heavy silence, until thankfully Jongin had broken it.

"I don't know. I was embarrassed and... I didn't really believe it. I mean i-it's Chanyeol. He loves me. I know he does. So why do this? One day he is his usual loving self, the next, acting like a stranger. And all because of that... Damn phone call."

"Phone call?"

"He never told me who it was. And I never asked."

I hid my face in my hands. I should have asked but when? He had avoided me like the plague the following days.

"I miss him so much, Jongin. I...I don't know who I am without him anymore..."

Dried out streams turned potent again as fresh tears sprang from my eyes. A great emptiness had taken place within myself and it hurt. Even though there was absolutely nothing inside.
Before long I felt Jongin's strong hands on my shoulder, a thumb sliding over my skin.

"You know. We haven't hung out alone in... I can't even remember. What if I go out and buy us an abundant of sweets and junk food and rent a few movies and we'll pig out and it'll be just..."

"Just like old times..."

I lifted my face to meet Jongin's soft eyes looking down at me. We used to be so close but then Chanyeol appeared and it became Chanyeol and I... And Jongin. And suddenly I felt... Sorry.  

"I'd really like that." 

 

A/N 

Just if anyone were in doubt... the order for 1st person narrator goes: Kyungsoo, Baekhyun, Chanyeol and Jongin and it will continue to follow this pattern throughout the story(: 
I hope you like it so far and thank you for reading!