Chapter 14

Angels or Demons?

You woke up the next morning, only to feel your hand burning in pain, so much so that it made you cry out in surprise. Since the wound was left untreated for too long, it worsened and got infected. You and Chanyeol were the only ones outside last night, and by the time the two of you were back, everyone was asleep.

Chanyeol helped you clean your wound and wrapped it up in some bandage, to prevent further infection. Now, you were supposed to go to Yixing to heal yourself. Both you and Chanyeol didn't have any idea on how to tell the news to the others and the two of you were also anxious as to whether they would believe it or not. Nevertheless, you waited for the right time and broke the news to them.

"But, if Franklin wanted to use the orb, he'd have done it long ago right? He didn't have to wait for that long to use it" Joonmyeon said.

"Yeah, and it's been in his possession for decades, now" Kris added.

"Exactly!" you said, much to the bewilderment of others.

"You see, all those decades, Franklin would've wanted to protect the orb. The only feeling he'd have had would have been that of responsibility. Now, the Alpha-orb is known to increase the Puissance of a person. But, I recently found out that it enhances the feelings of a person too. Basically, it has the power to enhance anything. So, when Franklin found the orb, he probably felt relieved that it was back in his possession. The Alpha-orb, according to its function, enhanced the feeling of relief so much so, that it turned into greed. You must've heard Franklin say that it lays in your hands whether you turn into a Demon or not, right?" you continued.

The others nodded, showing you that they were listening to you with the utmost concentration.

"Also, we noticed that he teleported out of the forest in exactly the same way as Jongin does..."you said, causing Jongin to raise his eyebrows in surprise.

"Let's have a look at his office and see what we can find." Baekhyun suggested.

"Well, it's a start. We'll need to keep our eyes open. I'll try to use my Puissance to the maximum. Let's do this!" you exclaimed.

With that, the 13 of you took to ransacking the former Headmaster's office. You sensed too many mysterious things. They were probably his own inventions - like the device that could read other people's minds.

"_____! I think I found something!" Kyungsoo said.

You went near him, to see him pointing at a map.

The map seemed to be showing the way to some secret place. But, wait. There was still one nagging doubt you had.

"Kyungsoo, where did you find this?"

"I saw this globe right here -" he said, pointing to the a metallic globe which was open at the middle."-and I can't quite keep my hands away from something related to the Earth. So, I kind of decided to explore and found that you could open it. So, Voila! I found a map within a map..."

"Good job, Kyungsoo-ah!"

Well, atleast it was kept in a secret place that was hard to find. If not, you'd have thought that the map was a trap.

"Okay, guys!" you said. 

"Kyungsoo found this amazing information. It's a map that seems to lead to a very secret place. I say we go to this place and find what we can. What do you guys think?"

"Sounds great!", "It's a start","We can find something. I'm sure of it!" and so on were the replies that her fellow team members gave.

"Okay, let's leave SHINee and Super Junior in charge of the University. They'll do a great job and we can only trust them. We'll start by daybreak tomorrow, so we should get packing right now. Fighting!" you said towards the end, in the cutest manner possible, making others chuckle. You noticed that they all were quite handsome when they smiled.

You and Chanyeol were now busy packing for the long trip that could take forever. You had informed SHINee and Super Junior earlier that day, after the meeting, that they were needed to run the University, which they were only too happy to do. The two of you were almost done packing when, suddenly you felt a pounding pain in your chest. To be specific, your heart. It caused you t obuckle your knees on the floor. Chanyeol wasn't here to help you as he had gone to the canteen to grab a snack. You saw, instead of the usual memories, the image of your father dying in front of you.

He writhed in pain and seemed like he was going mad.

You had never seen this before. Suddenly, you saw him turn into the father you had known - the one with the kind eyes. He looked at you and said,

"I am sorry for everything that had happened here, ____-ah. You must've been so hurt! I love you so much, no matter what - like every other father on this planet. My Demon form got the best of me and I showed myself as someone evil. You are an amazing and strong woman. So much so, that I regret not being with you to see the trait growing in you. I am very proud of you. I may not have loved your mother like I was supposed to, but I did try...so hard." he said, tears rolling sown from his eyes. 
"Remember what I taught you. Remember that I will always be in your heart no matter where we both may be. Be brave, like you always have. Forget what you saw of me here. That was not me. It was only a mere portrayal of all the negative feelings I had before my death. Now, that is gone, thanks to you. You're seeing this because I had decided to push a litle bit of what I felt into you. I'll lift the curse once you are done seeing this. You won't see me after this, but remember what I said okay?" he said

With that, you seemed to have come back to conciousness. You found that you were on you bed and Chanyeol was sitting next to you, holding your hand. You also noticed that you're cheeks were wet. Wet from tears, it seemed.

"Hey, you okay?" Chanyeol asked, solicituously.

You nodded. You couldn't speak because you had a lump in your throat. 

"You know, you can cry if you want.I won't mind at all." he said, seeing you eyes fill up.

You just buried your face in your pillow and cried your heart out. Chanyeol only gently your hair.

"Would you like to tell me what happened? So that you can vent out?" He asked.

So, you told him what had happened through your sobs. He sympathised with you and gave you the choicest words of comfort. In fact, when you weren't looking, he shed a few tears himself. It hurt him to see you cry so miserably. He controlled it fairly well and also succeeded in consoling you.

"Go to sleep, now. We need to travel a lot tomorrow, right? I'll stay here till you sleep."

You closed your eyes. Tears were still flowing down, but you tried to sleep anyway. Eventually, exhaustion took over and you ever-so-slightly felt a warm kiss on your forehead as you slowly drifted off to sleep, thinking about the adventure you were going to have the next day.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: Annyeonghaseyyo! :-)

How did you guys like the update? Was it too short? Tell me in the comments! :-)

Love you guys! :-D <3

Bye! :-)