Chapter 4

Angels or Demons?

It was pitch black. You couldn't feel Baekhyun's hand. 

If there's one thing you hated, it was the dark...It brought back your most dreaded memories and gave you a general sense of insecurity.

"BAEK! You there?!"

"Yeah! Just hold on,okay?" he replied, but his voice sounded so far away. Yet, you gathered your courage and told him that you would.

You hated this fear of the dark...You felt so weak. You were, in fact sick of it but that didn't stop your heart from beating fast, as if it had an obligation to beat a million times a second. You tried to move forward. You put all your concentration on finding Baekhyun. You realised that everything was clearer ...exceptionally clear, albeit your palpitating heart. You could also sense a presence - a tingling sensation. At this point, you thought you were just being crazy. 

"Baekhyun! Where are you?" you called.

"Here!"

This just shocked you. His voice was in the direction of the presence you had sensed! 

This is beyond creepy!

You went in his direction, but before you could reach him, there was a light. A white light that blinded you at first. You wondered where the light came from and was surprised to see it emanating from Baekhyun's hands. Your surprise was reflected on Baekhyun's face. Suddenly, you had an idea.

"Baekhyun-ah! I see a lamp there - " you pointed to your right "- Can you imbibe the light into the lamp?"

"I'll try."

With that, he pointed the light in the direction I had indicated. Sure enough, the lamp lit up!

"Woah!" you both said simultaneously.

"_____-ah, how did you know the lamp was there? I couldn't see a thing except for you and my hand."

"I don't know...I felt it being there. I could even feel your presence earlier. Baekhhyun, whatever this is, this is creeping me out!"

Baekhyun had nothing to say becausse it creeped him out too...

Baekhyun's POV

"Baekhyun! Where are you?" ____ called.

"Here!" I said, fear building in me.

What was that fear? The fear of losing ____. I promised her mother earlier I'd take care of her. But, how could I let this happen? I'm the one who led her into the forest! I'm an idiot with a capital I!

I heard the shuffling of footsteps and I knew she was trying to find me with the sound of my voice, but the poor soul was afraid of the dark. I had to find her, whatever it takes, I had to...

At this point, I felt a heat in my hand. That was odd...the room was dead cold when we were dragged here.The heat increased and suddenly my hands grew warm but bright! This is beyond what is possible...and I am no Science student for sure. I saw ____ a foot away from me. Her face looked as surprised as I was.

Author's POV

"Welcome!" a tiny voice said.

Both of you jumped. You turned back to see a small man - a dwarf - standing behind with a smile that was bigger than him.He wore a navy blue formal attire. 

"Both of you passed your test and have successfully acquired your respective 'Puissance'." he said.

You both looked at him incredulously...This must be a dream, right? You didn't even know what 'Puissance' meant.

"I'm sorry, but this is certainly a mistake...we are from the Arts University. We got lost in the forest and were only looking for a way out and we -"

"Yes dear, I know, we are in fact, the parallel to the Arts Institute, except in a different universe."

"U-Universe?" you stammered.

"Yes, this University, unlike the one in your world, trains students to control their 'Puissance'. But, this is hardly the right place to explain. Come with me..." and he walked away.

You started to follow, when Baekhyun held you back.

"This doesn't feel right..."he said

"We don't have a choice man...It's either we follow the munchkin or we stay here in this room for how long, God only knows. I say we follow him and hear what he has to say."

"This is so crazy ____-ah...I feel like we are inviting trouble."

"Like we have'nt done that before!" you said, chuckling. 

Seeing him not giving the response you expected you punched his arm hard.

"What was that for?!" He cried bewildered.

"That hurt, didn't it? So, you're not dreaming!" you said.

"Why I oughta-!" and you received a similar punch on your arm...Well, one good thing that came from the pain is that you could confirm you weren't dreaming either.

"Hey, look...We're together right? We can handle it." you said and held out your hand.

"I just don't want anything to happen to you happen to you that's all. I-" he was cut off by the burning sensation in his eyes which he firmly held in.

"You okay?" you said, concerned. You had seen him like this on very rare occassions. He nodded and took your hand and the two of you headed out to follow the dwarf. 

He was standing there with one foot tapping the ground with an impatient look on his face.

"You two made up your minds yet? Now come on! Palli!" the dwarf said.

The two of you followed him into a room that was huge enough to fit 10 fully grown elephants. The room was filled with gadgets, maps and a live model of the University. Star University it said.

"Sit." the dwarf said, pointing at two empty chairs.

"My name is Franklin. I am the headmaster of the Star University. The University, as I told you earlier, teaches gifted children such as yourselves to learn to control your 'Puissance' or in other words, your power. You both have been selected as part of The Revolution, a group that fight against the Angels-"

"Wait, you fight Angels?" you said, cutting across his speech.

"What you need to understand is that, everyone has a good and bad side. If not tamed, your darker self would take over you and you may become one of the Demons. Every Demon in this world was once an Angel who turned bad. These so-called 'Angels' that we fight against are actually 'Demons who take the form of 'Angels'. To become an 'Angel', you need to show an outstanding amount of courage, love, mercy and understanding - "

"Where are the rest of the 'Angels'?" Baekhyun cut across.

"You two won't let me finish, will you?" Franklin said, chuckling.

"All of them were thwarted by the 'Demons'. Their good qualities were turned against them. Some of them may have escaped, but we have no idea about their whereabouts despite years of searching. Being an 'Angel' gives you immense power. Every 'Angel' was once a normal human like us - each with their own 'Puissance'. With years of training, they also learnt the art of stealth. This makes our search even more difficult. Well, now, we need as much manpower, and womanpower,-" he said, looking at your frowning face."-we can get. So, welcome to The Revolution." he said, extending his hands to both you and Baekhyun.

The two of you just looked at his hands.

"I won't bite, you know." he said.

Reluctantly, you took his hands.

"Training starts tomorrow..." Franklin said, and left the room, leaving the two of you in a bewildered state.

The two of you have no idea what was in store for the two of you...Definitely something that had never happened and never will happen to normal children on their first day of college.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: Annyeonghaseyyo! :-)

Pretty long chapter right? The rest of the EXO members are coming in the next chapter. I can't wait!

Tell me what you guys think about it in the comments...

I'd really like to know your thoughts! Thanks for having the patience to read this!

Bye! :-)

P.S: I'll let you guys in on a secret...

You know how the girl is able to sense Baekhyun's presence? I kind of based that off of me! :-) I'll explain.

Basically I can hear a TV when its on mute. So if someone switches on a TV in another room and puts it on mute, I'd still know that it's on...-_-

Creepy right? :-P

P.P.S: By the way, Puissance is a 15th century word for Superpower! ;-) Just incase you were wondering....:-)