Chapter 5

Angels or Demons?

The next morning, you and Baekhyun checked the notice board. There were various departments:

The Mind Control Department (MC Dept.)

The Light and Fire Department (LF Dept.)

The Humanitarian Department (Hm Dept.)

The Water and Ice Department (WI Dept.)

The Natural Department (Nl Dept.)

You therefore, automatically went to the MC Dept. and Baekhyun went to the LF Dept. 

Once there, you met three other boys - Luhan, Jongin and Tao - whose powers were Telekinesis, Teleportation and Time Control, respectively. Each person was alloted a room to practice control over their 'Puissance'. Your room was a big one with various obstacles. There was a computer present and when you were ready to practice, all you had to do was type in your power and you would be provided with a situation where you could practice within your room. For your power, the room was made completely dark - much to your dismay. The computer, though not visibly on, asked you to find a list of things. This was necessary as your power to sense the presence of almost anything was a problem. At one point, it was confusing as to what you were sensing...For example, what you thought was a lamp, was actually a clock. But both were in the same dierction. After half an hour, you finished finding all the items on the list. The computer provided an analysis of the practice session and the results weren't good. You still had a lot of work to do. Due to the amount of work you gave to your brain, you ended up with a seering headache. You were near fainting due to the weakness the pain caused you, when a tall boy with really huge, but cute, ears, entered your room and said

"Hey! Something's wrong with your friend. You are ____ right?" he said, giving you a questioning look.

"N-Nae, but what's wrong with Baekhyun?" you asked, worried, but still tired at the same time.

"His powers are controlling him...he's not himself anymore. He's in the Hm Dept. Yixing's treating him. He has the power to heal." he said, still, eyeing you solicituously.

"I need to see him." you said, getting up. But, that was the last straw...The little energy you had left was spent and your knees became weak. You expected a hard fall, but instead felt a steady yet gentle grip on your shoulders. The boy called your name  several times but you're too tired to answer. You struggled to keep your eyes open. The last thing you wanted to do was to faint when Baekhyun needed you. But you couldn't. Everything was pitch black after that.

Baekhyun's POV

I entered the LF Dept. There I met Chanyeol and Kris whose powers were Fire and Dragon powers respectively. Well, I entered a room that was assigned to me to practice controlling my power. After yesterday, my hand continually felt warm and it was all I could do to keep the light dim. Also, the light would spread so much so that I could feel the warmth of the light around me. This was frustrating as I looked like a walking light bulb. My room was filled with lighting devices. Before my computer could give instructions, I knew what I had to. I had to focus the light emanating from me into each of the devices. These devices weren't normal lamps - They light up only when pointed at specifically. The other day, I only had to point my emanating light in the general direction of the lamp. After about half an hour, I had three more lamps to light up. Everytime I controlled my power to light the lamps, a warmth grew in my chest. At this point, I could feel heat in my chest - the same amount of heat I felt yesterday when my hands lit up. I reached the last lamp when light burst roughly from my chest. Before I knew it, I was on my back, on the ground. I heard the door of my room bang open and felt the shuffling of footsteps. I tried to get up but there was too less energy left in me. People shouted my name, but the only thing I could notice was the light that kept emanating from chest, so much so, that it caused me a lot of pain. Beads of sweat trickled down my face - either from the heat or the pain. The next thing I knew, I was on a bed, with a boy bearing a gentle face, looking at me with concern. The light was gone, but the pain persisted and only increased in magnitude. I clutched the sides of the bed to keep myself from screaming. Seeing this, boy laid his hand on my chest and closed his eyes. The pain was better and he looked at me. 

"Are you better?" he asked.

"Yes, much better. But I feel nauseous." I said. But, he seemed to be ready for it. He nodded and handed me bag into which I threw up. I was given some water after I was done and I sat up, leaning against a pillow propped up against the bedpost. 

"I'm sorry, but who are you?" I asked of the boy.

"I'm Yixing. My 'Puissance' is the ability to heal." he answered.

"What happened to me? I was practicing controlling my power. My 'Puissance' is light. Suddenly, light burst from my chest and eventually caused me pain."

"You must have over-exerted yourself. Controlling your power comes with days, weeks, months or even years of practice. Since you tried to control your power on your very first day of practice, your power burst out. You need to give it time. Control it little by liittle." he advised.

At this point, I saw Chanyeol carrying a girl. She looked very familiar. My eyes widened when I saw her face, as Chanyeol carefully placed her on the bed next to mine. It was ____.

Yixing went to her bed and started to heal her. In about 5 minutes, she opened her eyes, but her breathing was heavy and sweat trickled down the sides of her face. I knew what that meant. Like me, she too, threw up. She must have lost control her powers. 

Author's POV

Everything was pitch black.

Your father came home very late that day. He must have had a lot of work to do. He seemed so tired. He must've been, because he forgot to get me the toy I had asked him to buy on his way home. He usually doesn't forget things so easily. Oh well, there's always tomorrow. After dinner was his time to play with you. 

"____-ah. I want to give you some advice." he said.

"Okay, Daddy! I'm all ears." you said, enthusiastically. You loved his advices. They always had deep meanings.

"You know that, one day, people will have to leave this world, right?" he asked. You nodded.

"Well, just remember that everyone who leaves this world will always be with you. Right here." he said, pointing to your heart. You were speechless. You didn't know where this was going.

"Just remember that and you'll be fine. Okay?" he asked. 

"Okay..." you said, still confused. The two of you continued playing.

Later that night, you heard your grandmother screaming. You ran down from your room to your parents. You gasped when you saw your father hanging from the ceiling fan. You refused to believe it. "

"APPA! It's okay, he's just pretending...He can't be dead. He can't be..." you said, tears streaming down your cheeks. You didn't care how weak you looked.

"Shut up, stupid child! It's because of you and your mom that he died! I'm sure of it!" your grandma shouted, simultaneously hitting you.

Your mother blocked her and ended up getting hit. Little did you know that the rest of your life with your grandmother would be like this....

You opened your eyes. You had a strong urge to throw up. You did. Someone was rubbing your back gently. You thought it was Baekhyun. Sadness filled your entire self. No matter how much you tried, you couldn't hold your tears. You finally broke down. Before Baekhyun could get down, Chanyeol pulled you into a hug. You cried so bitterly. Baekhyun, being the good friend he was, held your hand in his and softly it.

"It's alright. We're here for you. Don't think too much about it...You'll be fine." Baekhyun said.

"Come on, dear, everyone looks prettier when they smile. Show us your smile!" Yixing said.

"Hey, don't cry. Whatever it is, it will be alright. You can fight it out..." Chanyeol said, giving you soft pats on your back.

"I'm tired of fighting!" you said, crying harder.

"I want him back! Appa, I want you back!" you continued. As embarassed as you were, you realised, it did you good - to be able to vent out the sadness you had bottled up for years.

Both Baekhyun and Chanyeol couldn't say anything. Chanyeol continued to pat your back and Baekhyun squeezed your hand tight.

You steadied your breathing and broke away from the hug. You looked at Chanyeol's shirt which was wet with your tears.

"I'm sorry." you said, pointing at his shirt.

"It's alright!" he said, chuckling. "By the way, my name is Chanyeol."

"Nice to meet you. I am ____" you said, extending your hand.

He took it and shook it with a cute smile plastered on his face. You had made a new friend and little did you know that he may mean something more to you in the days to come...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: Annyeonghaseyyo!

I'm sorry if this chapter was crappy! :'-(

I have pelvic congestion syndrome, which is really painful sometimes. So, the medicine I take to reduce the pain makes me really tired.

I'll make it up with some more adventure in the next chapter...

Sorry again! :-( Thanks for reading though! :-)

Please leave your comments below and let me know what you think! I'd really like to know...

K Bye! :-)