Chapter 18

Angels or Demons?

Everything was pitch black. Where were you? It took a while for you to realise the familiarity of the place. It was the same place you walked in by accident when you were 15. Your hands shook uncontrollably. Finding yourself alone didn't help the situation either. You heard a high-pitched scream that nearly made you jump out of your skin. Shaking slightly, you made your way to the source of the sound. Upon arriving at yet another familiar room, your eyes teared up when you saw the past replay itself within the sheets of the bed. Avoiding the scene, you looked down at the scars on your skin that resulted from the forceful encounter. Seeing it happen in front of you again made you shake with anxiety, leading you to collapse again.

 

You woke up, feeling someone's warm hand around your cold and sweaty ones. You expected it to be Chanyeol's, but was surprised to see Baekhyun as you slowly opened your eyes. Worry was evident across the lines of his face. 

"Yah. Gwaenchana?" he asked, worriedly, while scanning your shaking self, not waiting for an answer before pulling you up to hug you. The hug was tight and warm, making you want to stay like that for a long while as you held onto his shirt and cried softly into his chest. Surprised, Baekhyun only held you closer, rubbing small and slow circles on your back, whispering, "I'm so sorry..." 

Through your muffled voice you mumbled, "F-for what...?"

Hugging you tighter in his arms, Baekhyun said softly, "Because I wasn't being a good friend. I shouldn't have slapped you. None of this would have happened if I hadn't. But something came over me. I keep looking at her and I feel something pleasant. When she was pushed down I felt so angry that I didn't even know who I slapped for a moment before Chanyeol snapped me back to my senses. When you fainted, I could have cried you know? Because I couldn't keep my promise... To your mother to protect you... I'm sorry I made things between us uncomfortable... It's all my fault.. But can we be as close as we were before? I promise that this won't get in between us..." He finished with a small yet reassuring voice.

You listened to Baekhyun's words carefully, nodding every now and then. You wanted to tell him everything about the encounter with the leader, but giving a second thought about the way Baekhyun felt about her, you decided against it. After all he'd done, you didn't want to hurt him again. Hence, you nodded with a gentle smile on your face which probably seemed funny as Baekhyun let a light affectionate chuckle escape from his lips. Wiping any left over tears from your face, you asked, "Do you want to do anything? It's been a while since I spent time with my best friend~" 

Baekhyun couldn't seem happier, but that was before he remembered that the two of you were at a hospital. "You still need to rest..." he nodded firmly. "Let's just catch up on each other..." he said, with a bright smile. It was true that the two of you, along with the others were on the same quest, but since the two of you barely had any eye contact or anything, you missed out a lot on each other. 

Nodding at Baekhyun's request, you prompted him, "You go ahead~ I was actually really worried as to how you were, given what happened and all..." You looked at him to see any signs of sadness or bitterness, but was surprised to see a smile spread across his face.

"Oh that? Well, let's just say, the first few days were really bad.. I tried avoiding you as much as I could, but then you were always my centre of attention and I hated myself for it. I hated myself for falling for you again and again even though I knew that you were happy with another. But eventually, things got better as I began to see how happy you were with Chanyeol. Your happiness was immediately my happiness. It seemed weird." He explained with a light chuckle. "I realized that the warm feeling I had within me whenever I thought of you was akin to that of a brother's affection to his younger sister. So, in the end, I would say that what happened, happened for good. This was around the time I started to smile more and open up to the other guys again.... I was about to talk to you, the day we found the Angels' hideout, but then again, we found the hideout, so there was no room for such small things." He said, nodding firmly. "But then, something unexpected happened when I saw the leader Angel. I couldn't get my eyes off of her, which I shouldn't be because of the situation, but she was the only one I could see. Like I said, weird me again~" he joked, while you vaguely recalled the image of Baekhyun oddly staring at the Angel, longer than the others. "I was about to talk to you later that day but something sparked up inside me when I saw her being pushed down. It was stupid of me to slap you, and I immediately felt sorry. About that time, Chanyeol knocked more sense into me literally and I nearly cried when I saw you faint." Sighing softly, he looked around your face to see if there were any signs of pain or hurt. Realizing what he was doing, you gave him a reassuring smile along with a gentle pat on the shoulder. "I forgive you. It's alright Baek." 

Relieved, Baekhyun continued, "I have a feeling you aren't telling me something _____-ah. What did she say to you? She might be an Angel but I have a general habit of not trusting people at first." 

This caused you to raise your eyebrow playfully because what he said absolutely contradicted his actions. You didn't want to hurt him or burst his bubble when he seemed to be so deeply in love. You tossed between the two options and decided to do what was right...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Annyeong~ eue

Hellu~ I'm back with another update~ (Finally~ XD)

I am so tired... ㅠ.ㅠ I am writing this in my bus lol~ X'D

Comment down below about how you think the story's going and also if you want the lead girl to tell Baekhyun what happened or not~ ouo

So, until next time~ ^^ 

Take care and be happy my lovelies~ <3

Byee~ :D