Chapter 13

Angels or Demons?

How could you be so careless?  you thought.

The two of you reached the place where your father's body was and to your dismay, found that the Alpha-orb was missing.

You made poor Chanyeol go around the entire place in search of the orb. You actually saw beads of sweat on his forehead. You realised, that it was your fault to leave the orb there in the first place. If some random Demon got hold of it, there would be sure doom.

"I'm sorry..." you said remorsefully.

"Hey, it's alright. It's not your fault. It was an accident. Now, there's only one way we can find it and that is, by using your powers. You need to try and sense the orb, no matter where it may be."

This was a really difficult task that Chanyeol was giving you right now. Not to mention your wounded hand succeeded in diminishing your Puisssance. Nevertheless, you decided to give it a shot.

The Alpha-orb had a very strong presence. It should be easy to identify it if it was within the University premises.

"I can't...It's not within the premises."

"Look. You can do it. You've fought so bravely and so skilfully. This cannot be a limiting factor. You are capable of much more. You only need to believe in yourself, the way I believe in you. Come on..." he said.

You rested your head on his back. Poor Chanyeol was still piggy backing you! 

You forced yourself to look beyond the University premises. You went as far as the forest. The oddly familiar forest. Just like the one you and Baekhyun were stuck in. You went deeper into the forest because of the faint familiar presence of the orb. You found it! It was glowing in mid air.

Wait, that can't be right. you thought

You focussed on the light and saw it light up a face. You forced yourself, despite your throbbing head to focus on the face.

It was Franklin's!

"You okay back there?" Chanyeol asked.

"Yeah. Channyeol, hurry to the forest. I saw it and I don't like what I saw either." You said, shuddering.

The two of you hurried to the forest. But, neither one of you had thought about how dark the forest would be. You mentally slapped yourself. Nevertheless, you could sense the Alpha-orb's presence. It kept getting stronger. Chanyeol produced a flame that bounced on his hand. It provided a very feeble light, but it would do...

You followed your instinct and directed  Chanyeol into what seemed to be the heart of the forest. There he was, standing with the Alpha-orb in his hands...

Franklin.

He was different from what you knew him to be. For one thing, he seemed to have a greedy look on his face. 

This can't be good. you thought.

"Sir, why aren't you at University? We've been looking for the orb and we thought that it might have been lost.Thank Goodness you found it!" Chanyeol cried out.

You slid off of his back and stood next to him.

"Yes, I found it." Franklin said triumphantly "And there's pretty much no reason for me to come back to University. I can manage with this." he said, pointing to the Alpha-orb.

"But, sir," You said. "We need you to run the University! You are Headmaster there."

"Yes, but, I prefer to stay with the Alpha-orb BECAUSE IT'S MINE!"

This scared and startled both you and Chanyeol to no end. Chanyeol grabbed your hand protectively, making you wince in pain, because it was your injured hand. You toyed with the thought of destroying the Alpha-orb.

"Won't help, ____-ah." He said, creeping you out.

You forgot his abilities to read people's minds and now, more than ever because of the Alpha-orb...

"Why?" you asked.

"Because, if you destroy it, you will remain a sad mess. You won't have the Alpha-orb to bring you happiness when your father's curse spreads."

"But, I don't care about that. If I don't, you'll get away and God knows what will happen after that?" You said, pointing your gun at him.

"Ha! You're too late then! " with that, he vanished. It was so much like Jongin's teleporting power. You wondered if the Alpha-orb could absorb a person's Puissance.

"Oh no. We just landed into serious trouble here." you said and Chanyeol nodded.

"For now, you really need to get to bed." Chanyeol said.

You agreed, but this time, you didn't let him carry you. He was probably really tired too. You just held to his arm for support and walked out of the forest with him, not knowing what might happen in the near future, now that the person you had least expected to misuse the Alpha-orb turned against you...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: Annyeonghaseyyo! :-)

Plot twist, anyone? ;-) I'm so sorry I didn't update! :-( I've been super busy and I've tried to update too! Any way, here's the new update!

Tell me what you think in the comments, I'd really like to know...

Hope you like my story! :-)

I'll keep trying to update! Thanks for being so patient and reading my story! :-D

K Bye! :-)