Chapter 6

Angels or Demons?

After months of training, you and Baekhyun learnt how to keep your power to a requisite minimum. You, Baekhyun, Chanyeol, Yixing, Kris, Luhan, Jongin and Tao became close friends and spent a lot of time together. During these few months, you realised you had developed feelings for Chanyeol. To you, he was funny, cute, kind and overall a very nice person to be around with. To him, you were just Baekhyun's best friend. Atleast, that's what you thought. Baekhyun, being your best friend, knew about this, and he would try to help you since he was in the same department as Chanyeol.

In these few months, both you and Baekhyun, due to the extra hardwork the two of you put in, were ready for combat, should the time come. The two of you aced in stealth training, which is quite a feat. Baekhyun initially had trouble because his light would give away his position. He finally got the hang of it, though.

You were alloted into a team of 13 people consisting of Xiumin, Luhan, Kris, Joonmyeon, Yixing, Baekhyun, Chen, Chanyeol, Kyungsoo, Tao, Jongin, Sehun and yourself. You practised together, working out different strategies for different situations. You learnt that Xiuimin, Joonmyeon, Chen, Kyungsoo and Sehun had the power to freeze, control water, control storms, control the earth, and control the wind respectively. It took months for the team to get close and co-ordinate their respective powers. Every now and then, there would be disputes due to the huge number of people, but in the end, it all worked out. 

All the team members communicated through their respective computers. After discussing a strategy to the situation that appeared on the screen, your respective rooms would enact the particular situation and it felt as if you were on the same ground as the other 12. They were holograms of course, re-enacting what the team member was doing.

It was break time. The thirteen of you always sat together and spent your breaks together. Today, however, was different. By the time the break was almost over, you saw Chanyeol approach you. 

"____-ah, do you mind if I talk to you for a second?" he asked.

Your feelings for Chanyeol still hadn't gone and you were flustered at this question. You looked towards Baekhyun, who was watching, and he gave you a slight nod.

Smiling, you said " Yeah sure!" and allowed Chanyeol to lead the way. He led you to a beautiful garden at he terrace of the building. 

"Beautiful, isn't it?" he said.

"Yeah..." you said. It was all you could manage right now.

"I have something to tell you." he said, with a serious look on his face.

"Actually, I have something to say too.."you said, not looking at him.

"And what is that?" he asked, smiling. That smile made you fall in love with him even more.

"You know the day we met right? The day you comforted me and all that?"

"Yeah, I do."

"Well, I really wanted to say - I mean, I had this feeling that - I'm sorry! I meant to say that I-" you stammered. Sighing, you buried you face in your hands in embarassment.

"J-Just go on with what you wanted to say." you said in a flat tone.

Chuckling at your cuteness, he came closer to you, removed your hands from your face and smiled at you before kissing your forehead.

"I love you too." he said.

You couldn't believe your ears. You hugged him tight, feeling so happy. So happy that you didn't think you had experienced sadness before.

 Suddenly, you felt the Earth shake. Surprised, the two of you ran to the rest of the team members. The 'Demons' were here.

The students of the University were asked to go to their rooms which gave them protection. The Revolution had to assemble at the main gate of the University. This was your and Baekhyun's first encounter with the 'Demons'. If you weren't mistaken, Franklin was talking to your father! WHAT?! You held Chanyeol's hand. He squeezed it back, giving you a calm-down-you-need-to-fight look.

"We need the Alpha-orb, Franklin. Give us that, and we will leave you unharmed. You don't comply, and we will be forced to hurt you." your father said.

This didn't sound like your father at all. Last time you remembered, he was kind and gentle. "Appa." you whispered, causing Chanyeol's eyes to widen and tighten his grip on your hand, so that he can prevent you from doing anything stupid and simultaneously, cursing himself for not warning you of the situation.

"Let me analyse the situation here. I give you the Alpha-orb, you will destroy the entire population. I don't give you the Alpha-orb, you're going to hurt us anyway. So, if you want the Alpha-orb, you need to get past us first." Franklin said, with a defiant look on his face.

It happened too fast. The Demons started attacking and The Revolution was doing its best to fight them back. Chanyeol, on the other hand, didn't let you go.

"____-ah. Look at me. The Demon who was talking to Franklin is not your father. He is imitating your father. I need you to absorb this piece of information right now. We don't have time. We need to fight. Okay?" he asked, looking into your eyes.

You nodded. "J-Just stay near me, okay?" you asked of him.

"I'll protect you with my life." he assured.

With that, you stealthily managed to get past some of the Demons. Usually, the Head Demon, in this case, your father, would try to steal the orb. Every 10 fortnights, the Demons picked a leader based on strength. Your job, seeing as you could sense any presence was to hunt down the leader and shoot him, thereby, preventing him from taking the orb. The Alpha-orb is one that enhances the 'Puissance' of any individual. There are totally 24 orbs, each having its own ability. As of now, the only orb present in this world is the Alpha-orb as the Angels decided to destroy the others for the safety of mankind.

You need to get the leader, whoever they may be. Or else, it's over.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: Hi guys! :-)

Sorry for updating this late...I was really tired and all I did was sleep -_-

Hope you like the update! Let me know what you guys think in the comments...

I really appreciate all that you have to say. So, don't hesitate to comment.

Bye! :-)