AustrumHuhh

☆═━┈ ℋєℓριиɢ ℱяƪєи∂Ϩ Ⓖⓡⓐⓟⓗⓘⓒⓢ ┈━═☆ ◄ℍiring ʈrailermakers + New Feature~►

Hey^^ here's your review:) feel free to do a re-do! hope you like it!

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I Regretted For Not Telling You... by AstrumHuhh
reviewed by citylights
# of chapters: 25 (incomplete) 
genre: romance/school life

{ title ∞ three.five }
The title is alright, but I found a few problems with it. First of all, the title is a little too long, and tells a touch too much about the story - something better could be “Regret” or the likes. Secondly, the ellipsis (...) isn’t necessary; it’s better to omit that. Overall, the title wouldn’t exactly have drawn in my attention. 

{ appearance ∞ four.five }
The poster is simply gorgeous! The background is nice but the repeated areas are a trifle too obvious, and the background overall is too dark. I would suggest getting a more minimal background that looks nice but doesn’t attract much attention. I’m not a big fan of the font used to write everything, but that’s just me and my biased thoughts... 

{ description and foreword ∞ six.ten }
Hm. The description is quite redundant. Most (and by most I mean 90%) of the stories here have a storyline similar to that - “She loves him, he loves her, there’s a sudden twist, what will happen now?” It wouldn’t exactly attract many people. I’d suggest putting something that invokes excitement or something. 
Let’s move onto the foreword now. The character description is unnecessary - I wonder why people even bother writing them - because many people (like me) just scroll down and ignore it. 

{ plot and originality ∞ ten.twenty }
This plot is just so, extremely (I’m sorry to say) unoriginal. I have seen this exact same plot so many times, it gets boring. You know - the people like each other, there’s the huge popular kingka group with the evil queenka group who likes the kingka group and then this random girl on the side that’s always mad on the outside but sweet in the inside, and the main girl who’s so naive and clueless and just unnaturally stupid. And there’s the dead parents and all that stuff. Oh, and don’t forget the arranged marriage, and Lotte World. Don’t even get me started. Sorry, but this plot has everything that I dislike in a story. 
Where you left off does seem a little interesting and more unique all that, which saved you a lot of points. 

{ writing style ∞ nine.fifteen }
It’s not really descriptive enough. You just described the characters’ actions, and you barely mentioned their thoughts. That’s something that could be worked on.
I’m not a very big fan of the second point-of-view thing. It’s annoying to keep seeing the “~~~~” thing. Whenever I see stories like that, I just think, “If you’re going to give me a last name and a personality that isn’t mine, then why don’t you just make up a name for me and change it to the third person?!” That’s just me and my bias-ness, though, so don’t worry!

{ characterization ∞ six.fifteen }
I can’t even feel the characters’ thoughts. You just plainly state “Chunji was jealous”, but I’d like to know more. For example - “Chunji clenched his fists and glared at the couple in front of him” or something. 
You don’t really explain all the feelings of the characters. It’s a little annoying. The main character especially irks me because she’s way too innocent, and it just makes me annoyed to see her so clueless about the world, and have almost every single guy fawn over her. Just... no. 

{ grammar and spelling ∞ fifteen.twenty }
Is English your first language? I’m not really sure. 
The spelling and grammar was correct enough to be understood, but it wasn’t immaculate. I spotted dozens of typos/spelling mistakes, and a few grammar mistakes too. Many sentences could have been worded differently. I do suggest going over your story before releasing the chapters to the public, or getting a beta reader - just a recommendation. 

{ flow ∞ three.five }
The flow was too fast sometimes, and too slow at others. For example, she just came to the school for one day and the entire school was already writing hate letters to her. What? First of all, they had no reason to do that. It’s just irrational. Secondly, there seemed to be a huuuuuuge gap between the chapters. On the other hand, I felt like the whole Lotte World thing was dragged out way too long. It wasn’t even necessary in the first place (it didn’t provide any plot developments). 

{ enjoyment ∞ two.five }
Sorry for giving such a low score. I just felt like the whole thing was extremely unoriginal and had many of the elements of a story that I’m not a fan of. It was too predictable at many times. 

S C O R E [ 61% ] 
notes . sorry for such a low score. please don’t take it to heart! Your story was actually nice to read, but I felt like it was too predictable.