Chapter 32

Double Date?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
MINO POV

"Omo! An-anyeonghaseyo, I'm WINNER's Song Mino or erm Minho. Er... from YG." I quickly bowed and greeted the lady infront of me.

I'm at the ICU of the hospital finally. The nurses told me she was moved to this level of the hospital when I asked at the counter.

And guess who I saw? Park Gyuri sunbaenim, leader of KARA. She looks horrible though, sigh must be hard on her.

"Oh annyeonghaseyo! I'm KARA's leader Park Gyuri... You're here to see our Youngji?" she stands up and greets me back in which I bowed again.

"Er yeah... If that's okay? We're friends... Erm, am I disrupting or anything?"

"Ah ah no, it's fine. I think our Youngji spoke briefly about you before, you're cool. Hmm, right now the nurses haven't informed me when I can go in to see her."

"Oh is that so? So we just wait here for the nurses to call us in?"

"Yeah that's right. But it's already 5am and I have to attend a press conference for Youngji's case with the staff so I have to leave soon."

"I see. Er if it's okay with you, I could give you my number and you can contact me for updates? YG gave us a 3-day break so I'm available to hang around."

"Yes please! Thank you so much, Minho-ssi."

"You're welcome."

Gyuri sunbaenim hands me her phone and I nervously type my number in. She's a sunbaenim with many many many years of experience, that aura she has around her is definitely different. I hand her phone back to her and she keys something inside too before looking up and smilling at me.

"Look's like I have to go now." she says all of a sudden, looking at someone behind me. I turned around and see a guy. It's her manager.

I bow and greeted her manager. "Hello, I'm WINNER Song Mino, from YG Entertainment."

He nods at me and replies,"Hello, I'm Gyuri's manager."

"Oppa we need to go now?" I hear Gyuri sunbaenim ask him and he nods in return.

"It's okay sunbaenim, you can leave first, I'm here." I assure her with a smile.

Hesitating for awhile, Gyuri sunbaenim finally leaves with her manager.

I take a seat on one of their cushion chairs. The atmosphere in the waiting area scares me. It's so cold like oh my gawd just shoot me.

About 10 minutes later, a nurse comes out, seeming like she's looking for someone. I stand up immediately.

"Annyeonghaseyo, I'm Youngji's friend. Can I see her now?" I ask the nurse who seemed to look shocked.

"O-oh annyeonghaseyo you... Never mind, may I know where Park Gyuri-ssi went to?"

"Ah she has to attend a press conference and left earlier. I'm here to see Youngji."

"I see, can I have your name please? We need to record visitors."

"Ah yes, I'm Song Minho."

"Occupation?"

"Er erm, YG Entertainment artiste."

"Oh an idol too! Perhaps you're from WINNER?"

"Ah yes. WINNER Song Mino. But my real name is Song Minho."

"Many of the nurses here are your fans but that aside, your IC and contact number, please? You may write it down here."

The nurse hands me her clipboard. The clipboard has a few forms. Some of the tables on the form have already been filled up from the previous visitors of other wards. I find my name in the last table of the form and quickly wrote down my IC and contact number.

"Okay thank you, please come with me."

I nodded and rubbed my palms nervously as I follow her through the cold, white, plain corridors.

"You seem tense, are you alright?" the nurse asks me.

"Yes, yes I'm alright. Thank you. Just a little not used to the atmosphere here." I scratch my nape awkwardly.

"I see, the doctors did their best for Youngji. She's okay but she may not respond, so please be prepared." the nurse tells me as we stop in front of a glass door. She holds out her ID and taps the machine. The glass door slides open and we step in. Quiet.

"Please sanitise your hands." she says as we stop in front a small counter with a bottle of hand sanitizer and some tissues.

I nodded in response and proceeds to sanitise my hands. The sanitiser makes my hands even colder. I shiver a little.

"Are you done?" the nurse asks and I nod again, following her down another corridor.

We pass by several glass doors with patients lying on their beds inside. The glass doors are for easy monitoring by the doctors and nurses, in case anything happens.

We finally stop outside a glass door. The nurse gives me a look before pressing the button to open the door. The glass door slides open and she steps in, beckoning me to go in too. I inhaled sharply. The air smells like tension. I stepped in. My eyes fall on Youngji immediately.

Pale face, her seemingly lifeless body connected to a dozen tubes and machines. Blankets cover her up to her shoulders as she lays still in bed, legs and arms not moving an inch. The only sound in the room was the beeping noises of the machines.

I shudder.

"I'll leave you alone for awhile. If an emergency happens, please press this red button here. If you need any assitance, do approach any of the nurses and doctors outside." she whispers and I nod back, my eyes not leaving Youngji.

"Annyeong, Youngji-ah." I started to speak, my voice cracks. I haven't said a word since we stepped into the corridors of ICU rooms. The room is so quiet, I found myself speaking softly, as if afraid that a loud voice will startle her and the machines.

"I'm probably the first voice you heard, apart from the nurses and doctors, that is, haha." I continued, still speaking softly.

"You're probably not expecting me to be the first person to visit you right? Your KARA members were there with you when you had your operation, pictures of them entering the hospital were in the news, I saw it. They really care for you, Youngji-ah. And well, Lalisa was there too, I saw her leaving the company, though I'm not sure how you guys are related, so do fill me in when you come around okay?"

Silence.

"I think Gyuri-sunbaenim stayed up the entire night. She left only about half an hour ago to attend a press conference for you. She's really worried. I gave her my number so she can contact me, so don't worry about worrying her too haha, I'll tell her you're okay. I'm sure your family were there with you too. Don't worry, alright?"

More silence.

It's literally what you see in dramas. The visitors just keep talking and the patient doesn't respond. That... that feeling, that atmosphere... it's, it's hard for someone who has never gone through it to understand.

"How have you been doing? We haven't catched up since the first time I approached you during rehearsals and when you treated me coffee the next day. Wah, I miss the coffee you make, make more for me when you recover, alright? I think my members will like it alot too, they've been singing you praises when they

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter