Truth or Dare

For the Sake of Assasination Classroom Movie Premiere
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Warning: This chapter is gonna be suuupeeer cheesy. Pardon me for that, but hey, you have been warned!

 

The barbeque party continued on throughout the night. After they finished cooking and barbeque-ing the meat, they sat around the campfire that Yuto had made previously as they enjoy their meal.

Throughout their dinner, the classmembers did some spontaneous campfire performances to make the party livelier.

After being demanded by almost all of the classmembers, Mariya eventually agreed to sing. She sang one of her songs accoustically, accompanied by Shougo on the guitar and Yuto on the cajon. Kamiki and Shuhei did a comedy duo gag. Then most of them requested Ryosuke, Chinen, and Yuto to perform one of their songs in front of the class. Ryosuke immediately refused this, Yuto seemed reluctantly shy too, but Chinen confidentally agreed to do it. In the end Ryosuke and Yuto had to follow his ways. Instead of playing an entire single song, they eventually agreed to sing Just for You acoustically instead, while having Shougo to help them replace Keito on the guitar.The classmembers have always known Hey! Say! JUMP for their dance and cute-cool idol image, so they had no idea they do ballad songs too. It was another side of them they hadn’t seen, and they were quiet surprised by how well they managed to deliver that balad R’nB-ish song.

Their performance ended with a clap, also marks the end of their spontaneous performance session. The boys went back to the circle of the entire class surrounding the campfire.

Chinen: Hey guys, do you know what we should do to complete this party?

The other kids turned at him questioningly.

A mischievous grin appeared on Chinen’s face.

Umika: Oh no…

Chinen: We have to do a Truth or Dare game!

NO! NO NO NO NO NO!!!

Some of the classmember immediately dismissed his suggestion. Some of them were Mirai, Ryosuke, Yuto, and Suzuka.

Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes!

Some other agreed immediately. Well Kamiki in particular. He was all in to support Chinen’s idea.

Kamiki: Oh come on guys! It’ll be fun! It’ll strengthen our bond as a classmate!

There were a couple of arguments being thrown in during the decision making. But within minutes, the two managed to get the agreement from all the students.

Mirai and Suzuka exchanged unbelieved glances at eachother.

Mirai: What the— how did—?!

Mirai was about to question their decision further, but yappari, its Chinen Yuri after all. If Ryosuke was the one who suggested it, everyone would’ve thrown him into the campfire by then.

Chinen began opening the game. The rule was simple. They had a glass bottle in the middle of their circle and Chinen will rotate the bottle. Whoever gets the head of the bottle will have to choose between truth or dare. And of course, the topic had to be related to their highchool live.

Chinen: Remember, we must all vow that all truths that’s being revealed in this forum shall never leave this place, okay?

After each of the participants agreed to Chinen’s vow, the game started.

Mirai’s heart pounded. She really didn’t want to play this game. Not in this forum. Not in front of her friends. And especially not in front of him.

“... Instead of running away, I suggest you deal with those feelings next time it comes back to you ...”

Suda’s words were coming back to her. She sighed.Maybe this should be the time when she properly faces her feelings.

Mirai prepared her heart for the worst possibility that could happen during the game. Either her doing an honest confession or a daring act.

Everyone’s heart pounded in anxiety as the bottle that Chinen rotated began to decrease its speed, preparing to make its stop any moment.

Chinen: And the lucky first contestant of the Truth or Dare session is….

Everyone held their breath. The bottle made its stop and it had determined its first target. Everyone stared at the frozen figure where the glass bottle’s head was pointing to.

Chinen: Nakajima Yuto!

Yuto made a fake crying face. He was unlucky indeed.

But it would be his decision to either call this unlucky, or turn this into a lucky chance. Without hesitating any further, he immediately stated his choice.

Yuto: Truth

The entire class was surprised by his immediate and firm decision. Yuto stood up from his seat and cleared his throat. He took a deep breath, before he began his confession.

Yuto: During our second grade, I… (glances at Suzuka hesitantly) I secretly dated Suzu-chan

Some of his close friends weren’t really shocked by the revelation but most of the others were surprised. They had no idea at all!

Suzuka was the one who was most taken aback by Yuto’s decision to bring this issue in front of the other classmembers. Now all the classmembers eyes were at her.

Yuto: I… I had to break up with her at some point where my group was in a threat due to a certain rumor

Some of the kids instictively glance at Ryosuke and Mariya.

Yuto: Because of that rumor, I sensed the immediate change within my agency. Their supervision towards us became super strict. I was afraid of our relationship being exposed at some point, and I knew that Suzu-chan’s reputation would be in danger the most if it ever happen. So I decided that I had to end the relationship…

It was the first time for Suzuka to hear his clear explanation. He broke up with her quiet harshly during that time, and she had no idea the backstory behind the break up at all.

Suzuka: Yuto-kun…

Yuto: (turns at Suzuka’s direction) That’s why I’m really sorry for being such a jerk (he bowed low at her) I hope you can forgive me for my harsh behaviors during these past years

Unexpectedly, Suzuka stood up from her seat and made her way towards where Yuto was standing. The other Horikoshi kids could only stare at the two of them in silence.

Yuto was even more surprised than everybody else. His body froze, as his eyes widen at Suzuka who was now standing right in front of him.

Suzuka: Why didn’t you tell me about this before?

Yuto: B-because I thought the break-up would be a lot easier for you if you didn’t know the truth…

Suzuka: I’ve been hating you so much after all these years, did you know that?!

Everyone was surprised at Suzuka’s sudden raise of voice. It was like as if they were watching a dramatic scene from a shoujo movie right in front of their eyes.

Yuto: I’m sorry… (lower his head)

Suzuka: We could’ve stayed friends if you had told me the truth, idiot!

Yuto: (sigh) I understand if you can never forgive me about it—

Unexpectedly, Suzuka stepped forward and embraced Yuto. Yuto was taken aback at first, but then he immediately hugged her back.

Suzuka: Of course I forgive you…

Suzuka’s words were really soft and sincere, Yuto’s heart melted in pure relief. The smile in Suzuka’s face before she went to hug him made all the weight in his shoulder after all this time hiding his feelings, dissapeared.

Yuto: Thank you…

The hug lasted for a few minutes, and the other kids decided to keep quiet to give the two some moment.

Chinen: (fake coughs and clears his throat) Alright, shall we proceed with the game then?

Umika immediately throws a nearby stick at him.

Chinen: ITTE! (gives Umika a protesting look)

Umika: You’re ruining the moment!

Yuto and Suzuka broke away from their hug awkwardly.

Yuto & Suzuka: Sorry about that…

The two of them blushed upon their sync. Some of the classmembers couldn’t hold back from sending some whistles at them. Yuto and Suzuka sat back to their respective seats. Their cheeks redden in embarrassment.

Chinen proceed to continue on with the game. The next victim was Maeda Nozomi. Yet again, she chooses “Truth”.

Nozomi: Actually, during highschool… I made a confession to one of our classmember

This was a new information for most of them so they let out their shocked expression. None of them knew that Nozomi use to have a crush in their class.

Nozomi: I confessed to Yamada-kun during our 3rd grade school fieldtrip

Everyone: EEHHH?!!

All eyes went straight at Ryosuke who had been busy with biting some meat leftover he just took from the barbeque place. He froze in his state, still having the huge meat in his mouth upon finding everyone’s gaze.

Mirai’s eyes widen at Nozomi. So she was the one who confessed to him during fieldtrip? Maeda Nozomi??!

Chinen: Ah! So it was you! (snaps his finger in satisfaction)

Nozomi: I only started liking Yamada-kun on our second grade, so that time I was still being very inconsiderate towards Yamada-kun (turns at Ryosuke) While I’m saying this, I’m gonna have to apologize about calling you chibi on our first grade.

Mika: (stood up and bows) Me too… we didn’t know that incident had infected you so badly

She must be referring to the time Ryosuke confessed on the media about the incident. Some of the classmembers recalled that incident and began laughing lightly before they tried to hold their laughter back to not destroy the mood.

Ryosuke managed to swallow the meat he was eating then turned at the two girls properly.

Ryosuke: It’s okay. Don’t worry about it, I’m over it. And thank you for the sincere confession that time, Non-chan… but I didn’t think it was necessary for you to bring this up to everyone (scratches his head)

Nozomi: I felt I had to spill it all out here. I did have some feelings for Yamada-kun during highschool, and even after he turned me down during the confession, I still kept that feeling with me until graduation

Ryosuke: EH? Seriously? (Shocked)

Nozomi: But don’t worry. I’m over you now. So I just want to make that clear

Hearing this, Ryosuke felt somehow relieved.

And that ended Nozomi’s confession session, and they all went back to their seats.

Chinen: Well well well… things are getting more and more interesting now… (Rubs his palms excitedly)

He rolled the glass bottle again, and the bottle rotated several times before it determined the next target.

Kamiki Ryunosuke.

Kamiki: Truth please!

Chinen: Seriously, someone needs to take the dare! We need a daring participant here!

Kamiki: I SAID TRUTH!

Chinen: Alright, alright! Go ahead…

Kamiki stood up from his seat and cleared his throat.

Kamiki: The truth is…. I’ve been seeing Mirai-chan for a while now.

Ryosuke choked from his drink. The other classmembers were as shocked as he is.

Mirai in particular had her eyes widen at her bestfriend.

Kamiki: And after all this years … I still like her

The classmembers were speechless. They really had nothing to say about this.

Their close friends in particular had always believed that Mirai was supposed to have something with the other guy of the group.

In the midst of the awkward tension, Kamiki let out his tongue.

Kamiki: Just kidding!

Soon enough, all of the participant threw him their plastic cups in irritation.

Irie Jingi: Seriously Kamiki, you’re ruining the mood!

Mirai on the other hand was still strucked by the momentarily heart attack she felt earlier. She had thought he meant it for real.

Kamiki: Honestly speaking, I have nothing to confess. My highschool life is really that flat

Nomura Shuhei: You’re too clean from any scandal man. Not cool!

Nozomi: Then what was that with saying that you liked Mirai-chan after all this time?!

Kamiki: (laughs) Nah… Mirai-chan wil forever be my childhood friend. Besides, she’s super dense when it comes to guys

Mirai: OI, OI! (starts to stand up in irritation)

Kamiki: I worry about her, seriously. She might never marry

Mirai who had been sitting right beside him stood up and gave him a smack in his head. Kamiki managed to avoid her punch and escaped from the circle. The two of them began chasing eachother around the beach.

Umika: Geez, what’s up with those two (laughs)

Suzuka: Aww, the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter