Chapter One

Storm
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

            The house was silent with the exception of the falling rain. Droplets delicately fell against the window, creating a symphony of music as the sound filled the chilly room.

            After returning home from Youngji’s coffee shop I’ve been restless. As I sit at the dining room table my mind floods with the imagery of her smile. Just as the rain unmercifully pelts down against the flowers, my heart races against my will. I remove my hat and examine the letters, WANG. My name means king in Korean, yet how is it that I’m powerless when it comes to her. I feel the pit of my stomach turn as butterflies come to life.

            I inhale deeply as I thread my fingers through my hair, placing my hat back on. The wind blows a crisp breeze through the cracked window. My nose is filled with the scent of fresh rain and trees. I love the smell of rain. Before I can leave my seat to retire for the night I hear the stairs creak and bend as someone dances down each step. I already know who it is before this beautiful entity speaks. My heart skips a beat.

            “Wang Jackson,” Youngji suddenly whispers into my ear wanting to scare me. Her breath lingers on my neck, causing a wave of heat to spread over my body. The tips of her fingertips graze my forearm scalding me with her touch.

            Before she can move away I turn my head, our eyes locking. The intensity of our gaze brings a lovely shade of rose to her cheeks. She’s nervous. I

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter