The Trip

A Love to Kill For

날 원하는게, 너 목마른게.
( This is how much I want you, how much I thirst for you. )

Mark left Saemi's place once she fell asleep as promised. He also made sure that he locked the doors before he left, but not before he tucked her into bed. While doing so, he didn't fail to notice that everything in her apartment was extremely neat and tidy, almost as if no one truly lived there. He took it as a sign that Saemi's parents really didn't come back at all, since he knew Saemi lied about her parents coming home every night extremely late.

While he found himself picking up on the small details that created the person he knew as Park Saemi, he couldn't stop thinking about what she had said in her dream. She had said that she wished that she had never met him, and for the first time, he felt that it was the truth.

The first true statement that Saemi had told him, unknowingly, was that meeting him was something she never wished for.

Does this mean that she was suffering just by being around him? Even if he did nothing, was he actually putting his plan in motion? He still didn't feel like he truly knew who she was, and he knew that he didn't have enough information on her to truly use her weaknesses against her. The only weakness he could even conclude that she had was that she did not like to be around him.

Strangely for Mark, however, he realizes that he doesn't actually hate Saemi's presence anymore. While her lies are still constant and he is always feeling troubled by them, he finds himself changing, and he doesn't know if it is for the better or worse.

A small sigh escaped from his lips, and he leans his head back against the wall, "I guess I'll just have to wait and see what the future holds. Pull yourself together, Mark. You can't let someone so insignificant change the way you are."

***

"A class vacation?" Mark raises an eyebrow, surprised at the sudden event thrown his way, "What for? Where are we heading to?"

Saemi spins around in her desk and turns to face him, "Didn't the teacher say we were going to a small villa up on the mountains for the project that we are working on? I was a little too excited that I didn't fully catch what she said afterwards, but I believe it was something about staying with the whole class for two days and one night. She said that it would teach us about building friendships and trust."

The excitement upon her face was so pure that it made Mark believe that she had probably been on little to no vacations, even without her saying anything. As a result, he flashes her that kind smile that she is familiar with, and awaiting for, before nodding, "If my girlfriend is going, then I can't possibly stay here, right? Besides, I'm quite excited for it too."

Saemi softly laughs at his statement, "Well aren't you the perfect boyfriend?"

Lie.

He immediately stiffens upon hearing what her true thoughts were, but that feeling was immediately replaced with befuddlement. What made him so average in her eyes? What made him less than perfect? He treated her better than anyone in the school, and yet, she is the only person who looks down at him. Every time he thinks of this dilemma, he can feel his sanity being chipped away.

Then he pauses, bewildered.

He suddenly realizes that he wishes he had never met Saemi too. Saemi had brought disorder into his life, and he couldn't handle it. Could it be that she had somehow been feeling the same emotions that he had been feeling? Why is it the more he looked at Saemi as a person, the more she resembles himself?

The thought of their similiarity also puts fear within his heart. If he had the thought of trying to kill someone as upsetting as Saemi, then was he equally as upsetting as well? Was it possible that he actually wants to kill himself as well?

Fortunately, he manages to calm himself. Taking a few deep breaths, he regains his ideal composure. Those were silly thoughts; they couldn't be true. He is loved by everyone at school, and Saemi is not. There must've been a huge difference somewhere. He just wasn't sure if he's found it yet.

***

The day of the trip finally came along, and everyone seemed to be ecstatic. All the bags were packed and loaded into a large bus that was supposed to transporting all the students to the villa. There were rumors circulating around that the villa was extremely extravagant and nice, so much that it was almost like it was for a rich family. Of course, this rumor quickly hyped up the atmosphere (and brought much discomfort to Mark).

The villa was surprisingly not too far from the school. It took approximately half an hour to arrive at the foot of the mountain, and another fifteen minutes to arrive at the destination up the mountain. Upon arriving, all the students ran off the buses, taking in the sunshine and the fresh air. Smiles and laughter filled the air, and it didn't have to be said that everyone was filled with excitement.

"Mark! Come here!" Saemi tugs on his sleeve, pulling him towards the edge, more or less, of the mountain where the trees cleared up, allowing for a beautiful view of the town below, "Isn't it amazing that you can see the school from up here?"

Glancing at her hands that were upon his shirt, he almost frowns. He doesn't particularly likes it when people put their hands all over him. However, he doesn't push her away; the boyfriend should never do such a thing, and the entire school still believed that he was dating this girl. His eyes fell upon the school that she was gesturing about, but he didn't understand why she was so excited about it. They saw the building of the school every single day. It wasn't as if looking at it from another angle changed it much.

Nevertheless, he puts on that fake appearance like he always does and grins, "It almost takes my breath away."

From a distance, the girls in the classroom quickly pull out their cell phones and begin to snap pictures of the lovely couple against the bright blue sky. With the wind blowing against Saemi and Mark, the two of them almost seemed too perfect to be true. Her soft, gentle features easily complimented Mark's sharper, confident looks.

These actions do not go unnoticed by Mark, and he, without fail, brings his arm around Saemi's waist. He had to admit that ever since Saemi came along, a significant number of girls no longer came to disturb his lifestyle anymore, and he was a bit thankful. That's why he chooses to act his part in front of his classmates.

Saemi becomes a bit astonished when she felt him pull her closer to him, but she quickly remembers their situation. To play her part, she rests her head against his chest.

The two of them, both, playing the roles of a loving couple.

As Mark notices the group of girls leaving the happy lovers, Saemi and himself, alone, he slowly pulls away from her, and for a split second, he almost believes he feels disappointment for parting with her, but then he easily convinces himself that it was for another reason.

After all, they were so high up the mountain. It really would've been so easy to have pushed Saemi down to her death when no one was watching. It would've been even easier to tell everyone that she tripped and fell. His plan would've succeeded right then and there.

Indeed, he really was so disappointed.
 

This is how much I want you to die, how much I thirst for your death.