The Revelation

A Love to Kill For

너만 보여. Tik Tok Tik Tok Tik Tok.
( Whenever I see you. Tik Tok Tik Tok Tik Tok. )

As it turns out, Kim Hana never truly had a real family. She didn't know where her biological parents were, and she didn't know why she was left behind. All she knew was that one day, she was left in a dark alleyway without anyone around. It must've been pure luck that she was found by a certain gang leader.

At the time, he had just taken over the business, approximately in his mid-twenties. Upon seeing a baby being left in the streets, he took it upon himself to bring a new addition into his family, as his biological ones had all passed away by then. Hana came to know this man as her father. He may have been cold-hearted, but he wasn't always ruthless. Hana could've never thanked this man enough; he was the reason why she was able to live to this day.

Of course, joining the gang was not an easy task.

Her brothers (the other gang members) would always make physical training hard. None of them looked down at her because she was a female. They always made sure that she would never lose to any of them. They always expected nothing but the best out of her. Every day began with running laps, and every day ended with target practice. They wanted her to be skilled with all sorts of weaponry: guns, knives, and physical muscle. They were training her to be an assassin, or rather, a hit man, after all.

Then one day, after Hana turned 18, a strange, older man makes his way into their base camp. Hana, standing constantly beside her father, witnesses, for the first time, desperation. The man's hair was a mess, and it was clear that he had been stressing over many personal issues, even if Hana didn't know what they were. In his hand, there was a large, black duffle bag.

"Please kill someone for me," was the man's only plea. He tells her father about a boy with psychopathic tendencies who got his wife killed. He explains that this boy rarely showed any signs of happiness, so his wife thought it would be a good idea to get him tested. After the test results came out, it was determined that the boy had 90% of the characteristics of a psychopath. As a result, his wife was terrified of this boy.

One day, the boy tells his wife that he can tell whether or not she has been lying. He tells her that he knows all of the little secrets that she is keeping from him, and he smiles darkly at her. He tells her that lying is a sin, and sinners should go to Hell. He asks him if he should help her with that.

Of course, the wife is scared beyond comprehension. The man tried to calm his wife down, but he fails miserably. The wife runs out of the house, afraid of the boy that was standing in front of him. She runs out without seeing the on-coming traffic. The woman died that day.

"Who would you like us to kill?" Hana's father inquires, as soon as the man finishes telling his story. Hana can tell that her father is feeling sympathy for the man with an unpleasant past. She doesn't blame her father for wanting to help this stranger in front of her. If it were her, then she would want the boy dead too; psychopaths shouldn't need to be given a chance at life. The less crazy people there were in the world, the better. That's what she strongly believes.

The man swallows hard before looking up at Hana and her father anxiously, "My son, Mark Tuan."

Her eyes widened upon hearing Mr. Tuan's request. She found it difficult to believe that the son was the culprit having the mother killed. It seemed insane, but as soon as she remembers how it was also her parents who left her behind in the dust, she regains that poker face again. If Mark Tuan is the boy responsible for this man's misery, then Mark Tuan is the one that should be eliminated.

"Can it be done?" the man shuffles nervously on his feet, reaching over to the duffle bag he has with him. The moment he s the bag, Hana could see hundreds of bills stuffed inside, "...or is 50 million won not enough?"

A laugh could be heard from Hana's father, "I think we can work something out."

He turns around to look at his adopted daughter, and he grins. He asks her if she would like to take on the man's job. She was one of the best hit-mans in his gang, and she was also one of the ones that he trusted the most. Her loyalty, undoubtedly, stayed with him.

***

Her transfer to JG High was arranged in less than three days. It didn't take her long to learn about Mark Tuan's whereabouts as his father had been keeping tabs on his devil-of-a-son all of these years. However, there was one thing that made her a little nervous.

According to Mr. Tuan's story, Mark had a gift for being able to tell between truths and lies; if Hana lied to Mark, then wouldn't Mark know straight away? She isn't sure how to approach this problem. She isn't even sure if she fully believes in such an unrealistic gift.

As a result, she concludes that Mark only told his mother that he can tell between truths and lies as a means of scaring her. It was the only possibility that Hana believes that makes sense. With that thought of reassurance in mind, she feels at more at ease.

Upon transferring to JG High, she finds herself becoming a normal girl for the first time in her life. Yes, Kim Hana has never enrolled in school, and everything seemed extremely foreign to her. She doesn't show any of this; she cannot stand out.

That is why, when the teacher tells her to introduce herself, she gives a very average background story about her family having failed to start a business in Seoul. Using a fake identity, she tells everyone to take care of her, to take care of Park Saemi.

Her eyes roams around the room, and she sees her target for the first time ever in person. Her eyes widens momentarily as she is surprised how much of an average student he seems to appear to be like; that is, with the exception of his good looks. However, she quickly chases the feeling of surprisement away, allowing herself to put on that fake smile once more.

She doesn't know how she feels about receiving the seat next to her target, but she figures that it was just her luck. If she was closer to him, then she would be able to find a good chance to take his life without anyone knowing.

The only thing was that Mark had realized how surprised she was early when she saw him, and it almost made him believe that the two of them had met prior to that moment. To cover up for her little mistake, she tells him that she had mistaken him for another person.

"Is that so?" Mark had asked her, "Well, my name is Mark. I hope we get along well."

Hana knows that Mark has his doubts, but it didn't seem like it was anything out-of-the-ordinary. She believes that if Mark truly can detect her lies, he would've called her out on it by now. As a result, she does what any new, average student would do. She pretends to be the polite student she is supposed to be.

With a warm smile, she dips her head respectfully, "I'm Saemi. I hope we get along well too."

At least well enough for her to take his life, that is. She really doesn't care if he likes her or not. She only wants to observe him from a distance, awaiting for her chance. She was the predator that was hiding in the darkness for a chance to pounce on her prey.

Yes, the sweet girl known as Park Saemi was here to kill Mark Tuan.

Whenever I pounce at you. Tik Tok Tik Tok Tik Tok.