The Plan

A Love to Kill For

무대 뒤에서 널 안을때마다, 내 가슴이 터지는걸.
( Every time I embrace you behind the stage, my heart bursts. )

Naturally, Mark found it suffocating to be with Saemi. Every time she would speak, he would feel the lie feeling again, and as mentioned earlier, the discomfort was overwhelming and downright annoying.

Unfortunately, it seemed like luck was against him.

Everywhere he turned, he almost always bumped into Saemi. At first, he hated it. He couldn't understand why she had to appear everywhere in his life. The lying girl was only another obstacle in his life on his path to happiness, should he ever achieve it.

"Good morning, Mark," Saemi would always say when she passed him in the halls, "Have a nice day."

Simple, empty words of hello were all she ever said to him, and yet, every time he heard her voice, he knew it was a lie. This, without a doubt, made him quite upset. At first, he was just purely angry because she, without knowing it, was making him uncomfortable every day, but he quickly began to realize that his anger was directed toward something else: what she was lying about.

Does she not want me to have a good morning, a nice day?

Why wouldn't anyone want Mark to have a nice day? Why wouldn't Saemi want him to have a nice day? Although he has not particularly been fond of her ever since she appeared in his life, he knows for a fact that he has only been nice to her. Even with her lies, he still appeared as he always did: perfect and ideal.

Everyone loves him. Everyone should love him.

Before he realized what had happened, he found himself thinking of her every second of every day.

So what was Park Saemi doing at this school where she so clearly did not belong? Mark could not understand her presence. He found himself growing more preoccupied with the Saemi-issue as each day passed by, and finally, he found himself completely consumed by her.

He knew he had to charm her, or he was going to go crazy.

If he charms her, then he would be able to learn the truth behind the identity, Park Saemi. If he could just find out all her secrets and all her weaknesses, perhaps he could find a way to make her feel just as annoyed and just as uncomfortable as she made him feel. If everything works out the way he wants, then he might be able to eliminate her from his life completely.

Oh how fun it would be to kill a liar.

Unknowingly, Mark smiles again.

***

During lunch, Mark's eyes darted around to look for his newly found target. His eyes quickly fell upon the dark brown hair of Park Saemi, and the expression on his face suddenly lit up brighter than it had ever did before. Saemi had been sitting across the cafeteria with her back facing him. Sitting alone, she silently ate her lunch without giving a care about the world.

She seemed like the person who preferred the quiet life, the one where it was okay with her even if she had made no friends.

However, before he could make his way over to her, Seura appeared in front of him again. With that silly smile of hers, she spoke as if she was close to him, "Mark! It's been forever since I've last seen you!"

Lie.

The feeling that Mark immediately received when Seura opened gave Mark a slight shock. Had she been stalking him? It had already been a few days since he had caught her from the staged fall. Unconsciously, his fingers tightened up into a fist in his pockets.

If he were truly to carry through with his plan about Saemi, then he could not risk having someone like Seura tagging behind in the shadows and watching him eliminate people from his life.

She would ruin everything, and he was sure of it.

"It has been awhile, hasn't it?" Mark replies slowly, thinking of some excuse that would put some distance between himself and the girl in front of him. This does not take him long. Before Seura could open and suggest Mark to sit with her in the cafeteria, Mark grins at her and then gestures over to Saemi, "I'm sorry. I promised to sit with my girlfriend today."

Immediately, Seura's jaw drops.

Clearly, she did not expect that response, and she absolutely refused to believe him. She had been chasing Mark for months now, and if he really had a girlfriend, then she knew that she would have found out earlier, "G-Girlfriend? When did you make her your girlfriend? She literally just transferred here today!"

"Oh," Mark laughs at her surprised reaction, "We've started dating before she transferred here. We've been in a long-distance relationship for awhile now. Now, if you would excuse me."

As soon as he finishes talking, he turns and heads off to find his girlfriend, Park Saemi. Although he doesn't understand why the first excuse he came up with was something so intimate, he does not completely care. As long as he was able to leave Seura behind and get closer to Saemi with a valid reason, he was more than happy.

"Park Saemi," he greets as he sits down across from her, placing his chin in the palm of the propped up arm. His eyes glazed over the jealous Seura standing in the background before he focused all his attention on the liar in front of him, "I've really missed you."

Saemi looks at him, slightly alarmed, "Um, I'm sorry?"

Luckily for Mark, Saemi's back was to Seura, so Seura could not see through the lie that Mark had created. Saemi, on the other hand, also couldn't understand the situation Mark had placed her in. However, Mark knew he had to continue with this act; he knew that Seura was still watching.

Only Mark could fully grasp the situation. All he had to do was look beyond Saemi, and when he did, he could judge Seura's reaction, and then determine what the next action he needed to take. As of that moment, Mark could easily tell that one more act would push Seura over the edge.

With that same charming smile that he shows the rest of the students daily, he reaches over and takes her hand into his. Saemi, completely baffled, did not know how to respond, "Are you alright? Did you mistake me for someone else? I'm Park Saemi."

Lie.

Shaking his head, Mark just gives Saemi a warm expression, "I could never mistaken anyone else for my girlfriend, and I've really, truly missed you."

That completely through Saemi off of her game. She had no idea what Mark was going on about, and the confusion she was feeling was evident in her eyes. She was growing more alarmed as each second passed by. A stranger had just told her that she was his girlfriend.

Was this all a dream?

"...M-Mark?" was all she managed to say before he chooses to lean in and kiss her.

"I love you."

Every time I embrace you behind the stage, my heart dies.