Kimchi, Kimchi

Incredible Things
Please log in to read the full chapter

Double update!  Go read Chapter 31 first if you haven't.

ISEUL’S POV

I still can’t believe it. 

I mean, can you?

Jongguk and Yi Han are not.  In.  This.  God.  Damned.  Store.  Anymore!!

I take a deep breath and try to control myself, but to no avail.  I’m about to channel ultrarave hyperventilation mode I SWEAR IF SOMEONE DOESN’T—

Just then, someone approaches me.  A shop assistant, a dude probably in his twenties.  He says something I don’t understand in Chinese, and when he finally realizes that I don’t get anything he’s talking about, he switches to broken, stammering English.

Which works fine by me, actually.  I don’t speak English well, but at least I have a clue of what they’re saying and how to respond.

“Uh… two kids?”  He says, holding two fingers up.  “One short, one taller…”

“YES!  YES!”  I nod frantically.  “Uh… Did you see where they go?  Ah, went?  I mean, go?  Went?”

“Outside.”  The guy says, extending his arm towards the entrance of the shop.  I pale.

“Uh, t-thank you.”  I stutter, before rushing out the shop. 

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHH!!!  I want to SCREAM!!  WHY!!  WHY ARE LITTLE KIDS SO FREAKING ANNOYING!!  WHY CAN’T THEY BE HAPPY WITH PLAYING WITH THOSE STUPID LITTLE LIGHTSABERS FOR A WHILE?!  WHY CAN’T I JUST LOOK AT A SALT SHAKER IN PEACE!!

Now where do I start looking for them?!  WHERE THE HELL COULD THEY POSSIBLY BE?!   What in this effing world could be more tempting than lightsabers?! 

“JONGGUK!  YI HAN!!”  I call, rushing around madly.  Do you know the worst part about losing a kid in Disneyland?  It’s the fact that half the world’s population of kids are squashed in this carefully constructed fantasy world, and each one is just as hyper as the other!  Plus, with this being the Hong Kong Disneyland, about 90% of the people here are Asians!  The same blob of jet black hair on top of their heads!  And even though Yi Han has a freaking Batman carved to the back of his head, that still won’t set him apart enough from all the other kids! 

Long story short, I’m gonna die.

I run to other nearby shops and restaurants, hoping to find them munching on a turkey leg somewhere.  That’s not even possible, I realize.  Those kids don’t have any money!

So where can they go with no money?!  Did they run off to queue for a ride?  I look at the map in my hand and scan through the list of rides.  They probably wouldn’t go to Adventureland since there’s nothing else they really wanted to ride there.  Plus, even if they did, they’d probably get lost along the way because it’s so far away.  Which means…. they’re probably still here in Tomorrowland or somewhere in Fantasyland already.  What the , that’s too wide.  I’m going to have to narrow it down again.

The question is, how?!

I need help!!  Gah!!

I scratch my head in frustration.  I pull out my phone and call Kai, more than ready to rant and beg him to come back and help me already.  I know he probably won’t, since he’s at a meeting, but it’s worth a shot right? 

Waiting for him to pick up, I walk past random rides and attractions, scanning the queue for each one.  The problem with this is the fact that every single queue goes into a goddamn building.  Which means that I won’t be able to see those kids if they’re already inside!! 

The number you are calling is not picking up.  Please try again later.

 Aish!  I yank my phone away from my ear and glare at it, hoping it would somehow reach Kai.  After circling around fruitlessly for another 5 minutes or so, I decide to call him again.

The number you are calling is not picking up.  Please try again later.

OH MY GOD I can’t believe it!  All three of them are gone!

“JONGGUK!  YI HAN!!”  I shout, trying not to mind the weird stares I’m getting by doing this.  Honestly, weird stares are fine.  Those pitiful, judgmental looks several mothers have given me are what’s not.  I can already hear them going ‘oh, look at her.  She lost her children—both at once!  That’s probably because she has no clue to parenting, judging from how young she looks.  What is she, twenty?  Tch.  , impatient kids these days.  See what you’ve done to your life?  I’m going to make sure my daughter here doesn’t grow up to be like—‘

Okay, I’m going too far.  They’re probably just thinking something like ‘Aigoooo. Poor kids!’

But still!

“Jongguk!  Yi Han!  YAH!”  I yell, kicking my foot in frustration as I continue running, halfway to Fantasyland now.  I can’t find them anywhere in Tomorrowland, and I swear if I don’t find them in Fantasyland either I’m going to go right to the lost children service center and yell a lovely little announcement for those two myself.

Calling Kai again as I keep speed-walking to Fantasyland, I bite my lips anxiously.  Please pick up, goddammit, please pick up!   Or at least decline my call!  You’re probably just sitting in a conference room somewhere—surely you can at least decline my call if the meeting is that serious.  Then I’d know you’re still out there and alive—

Suddenly it hits me. 

What if Kai isn’t really at a meeting?

What if he… lied?

I stop dead in my tracks.  A new realization hits me, along with a paralyzing wave of uneasiness.  I feel nauseous.  I feel like my blood has gone cold, and I stand there, rooted in my spot with dread. 

Is he okay?

With each passing second and I wait for him to pick up, the gnawing feeling in my gut grows stronger.  Oh no, oh no, oh no….

The number you are calling is not picking up.  Please try again later.

“Aish, please pick up!!”  I cry, yelling at my phone.  “At least pick up to tell me to stop calling you, goddammit, I’m so worried here!!  YAH!!”

I’m going to kill them.  I’m going to kill all freaking three of them as soon as their puny little asses show up in front of me.

Running to the Peter Pan ride, I scan the snaking queue for two small kids without an adult— or even better, a walking advertisement of The Dark Knight Rises on the back of someone’s head.   I even ask the ride attendant at the entrance of the queue, but the she doesn’t seem to have seen them either! 

After repeating this process at a few other rides, I give up.  I sit down on a nearby bench, my shoulders slumped.

First those two, then Kai… urgh.

The thing is, it is simply impossible to find that duo at this rate.  They could be inside any ride, they could be in one of the fifty toilets here in this park, or we could be stupidly chasing one another and completely wasting our efforts.  Disneyland is so big, and there are so, so, so many possibilities.  Too many.

So now it is time for...

The lost children services.

Yes.

Back to Main Street USA we go!

Pushing myself up to my feet, I trudge out of Fantasyland with my fingers crossed.

 

“Did they really think,” Tao says with a cocky smirk as he dusts his pants, “that it would be a smart move to try to ambush us when all twelve of us are together?” 

“At least they tried.”  Luhan shakes his head mockingly, looking around at all the unconscious bodies that laid on the ground.  All in varying stages of heading to the afterlife. 

“We have some of their cellphones and wallets already.”  Suho says, getting up from his crouched position after emptying the pockets of several dead bodies.  “Do we want to search the garage?”

“Let’s just send some men to search the building.”  Kai says, eyeing the building standing ahead of them, just ahead of the chaotic landmine explosion.  “The Triad officials may want to see this as well.”

Chanyeol, ever the tech geek, does a quick thermal imaging scan over the building with his phone.  A purplish, reddish, ghostly image forms on his screen, with several spots glowing white.  The white spots pulsate visibly, unlike many of the other sections. “There’s something in that place…”

“Is it going to explode as well?”  Baekhyun asks, making a face.

“Hold on—okay—I’m getting signals...”  Chen, also an expert in all things technology, says, furrowing his brows as he holds up his phone.  The numbers start changing rapidly and the graph begins to oscillate wildly.  “This is weird.  The frequency is—“

Then it hits him.

“!  TAKE COVER!”

The words barely leave his mouth when suddenly, the garage explodes.

Fire.

Kai drops to the ground, partly defense mechanism, partly in surprise. 

“DAMMIT!”  He yelps as a spare car hood comes flying over, hitting him on the corner of his forehead, knocking him over.  The cold metal scrapes against his skin, and soon, he can feel his blood trickling out of the fresh wound.  He can barely see anything— his vision is wrecked with the color red.  He hisses in pain as the radiating heat hits his face, warming his skin up so much that he ducks his head, pressing it to the ground.  It burns.  It burns, it ing burns. 

“LET’S GO!”  He yells, barely even able to hear himself.   His own heartbeat is echoing wildly in his ears, thudding like a hollow drum. 

Kai scrambles to the direction of their vehicles on all four, desperately trying to get away from the all-consuming fire.  Barely able to open his eyes, he lets his survival instincts take over.  Stumbling, grasping at anything he can find, Kai hastily crawls as far away from the explosion as possible.  Finally reaching their van, he slides the door open and throws himself in, before helping Baekhyun—or is it Chen?— inside as well.

“I—“ The other male gasps, panting heavily once inside.  “I should’ve known—“

It’s Chen.  Another door is yanked open from outside, and Suho topples onto the driver’s seat, gasping for air as he slumps over the wheel.

“It’s alright.  We should’ve known.”  Kai says, pressing the heel of his wrist on the spot where he got struck earlier.  He pulls his hand away, only to find that his wrist is now covered in blood, trickling down to his lower arm.  “!”

“Did you get hit by the exploding car parts from the garage?”  Sehun asks as he, Luhan, and Baekhyun climb in together.  He takes a good look at Kai.  “, that’s a lot of blood, hyung!”

“I know.”  Kai winces, grimacing.  “I feel like my head is going to crack open.”

“I’m not sure if I can still even see properly.”  Luhan announces as he looks around while blinking rapidly.  “Does this eye look like it’s normal color to you?”

Chen looks at him.  “I think it’s gonna be slightly blue tomorrow.”

Kai leans his head against the door, trying lesson the throbbing in his skull.  “Do I wrap tissue on this or what?”

“What the happened to you?!”  Baekhyun shrieks, only noticing the gash on Kai’s head now.  “Suho, what are you doing?!  Hurry up and drive to a goddamn hospital because Kai can’t go back to Disneyland looking like this!”

“After all that, all you can think of is me and Iseul?” Kai remarks, arching an eyebrow. 

“Kai, I’m not the one thinking about Iseul.  YOU are.  Look at your face, man!  Blood is oozing down your hairline, the corner of your lip is burst, your face is grey with dust and soil… do you really want to enter the happiest place on Earth looking like a zombie?”  Baekhyun shudders.  “They’re probably gonna call the cops as soon as they see you.”

“You have a point.”  Kai mumbles in defeat. 

“Honey, I’m always on point.”  Baekhyun declares, theatrically tossing his imaginary long hair.  

Kai pretends to gag.  “What time is it?”  He asks, randomly feeling around for his phone.  Finding it in the seat pocket of the van, Kai switches it on.

“Half past five, why?” Luhan answers. 

“I promised— HEY!”  He yells, repeatedly clicking the home button as his phone powers off on its own accord.  “Dammit!  No battery!”

“You promised what?”  Chen asks. 

“I promised Iseul to be back at six.”  Kai sighs.  “Oh well.  Better freak her out by returning late than with half my face covered in blood and the rest in dirt, right?”

“Do you want to call her?”  Baekhyun grins, offering his phone.

“Around you guys?”  Kai makes a face.  “And get teased for the rest of my life?  No thanks.  Besides, it’s not six o’clock yet.  I’ll call her later.” 

 

ISEUL’S POV

“Attention to two children by the name of Kim Jongguk and Wu Yi Han, please report to the nearest Disney staff you can find immediately.  Once again, to Kim Jongguk and Wu Yi Han, please report to the nearest Disney staff you can find immediately.  Your guardian is waiting to hear from you.”

I sigh for the billionth time this afternoon. 

Please.

I’m exhausted. 

I’m both physically and mentally drained.  I don’t know more of which— I just feel like I’m ready to pass out anytime now.

My hair is a mess, my face is the epitome of worry, my head hurts and my feet are so tired and I’m already hungry again from all the running around I’ve done.

Plus, I still haven’t found them.

That’s the third time the announcement has been broadcasted from the overhead speakers throughout the park, and still no result.  I was told that they would contact me as soon as they hear anything about those two children from a staff member, but nothing has come through yet. 

Walking around aimlessly with my eyes still peeled, I clutch my phone tightly in my hands.  I don’t think I’ve ever wanted a phone call this badly before.  Be it Kai, the lost children service center—anyone!  Just somebody please call me!

The reason why I didn’t ask the announcer to tell the Guk and Han to go to the lost children center is because I’m pretty darn sure they wouldn’t know how to get there.  They’d just end up getting even more lost than they already are, which will only further complicate this ty situation.

So now all I can do is try to find them myself while desperately hoping that a call would come through soon.  I’m still panicking, but the initial terror and anxiety has subdued a little.  At least this is in Disneyland, I keep telling myself.  This place is safe.

Above me, a lightbulb suddenly flickers on.  I glance up at it.  That’s when I realize that the sky is growing dark already. 

A fresh wave of panic creeps into my system.  What time is it now?

I check my phone. 

6.10.

Oh my God.

It’s a little past 6 already, and Kai is still not yet here.  I call him again with trembling fingers, but all I get now is a message that’s even worse.

The phone you are calling has been switched off.  Please try again later.

“Yah!!”  I whisper-scream, barely having any energy left in me.  I slowly sit down on a bench in the Fantasy Garden.  Why is his phone switched off now?  Why can’t I ing call him since the last hour?!

I chew on the insides of my cheek furiously, trying to control my emotions.  I try to slow my breathing, taking long, deep breaths at regular intervals.  I count to ten.  Cradling my head in my hands, I do a quick recap of all the damage so far:

Jongguk and Yi Han are still lost.  It’s getting dark now, which makes it a lot harder to find them, so I have to rely more on my quickly fading faith that those two will voluntarily report themselves as the missing children.  Did they even hear the announcement?  What if, again, they’re riding on a ride?

Aside from the double trouble couple, Kai is still MIA as well.  His phone is unreachable, I don’t know his friends’ numbers since I’ve never really asked, and he’s still not here yet.  I can only hope that he’s not in some kind of trouble. 

I can only hope that Jongguk and Yi Han aren’t in any kind of trouble either.

Clutching my hair, I stare at the Sleeping Beauty Castle, now brightly illuminated in shades of purple, blue, and pink.  My eyes zoom in and out of focus themselves as I massage my temples.  Where could Jongguk and Yi Han beeeee??

All of a sudden, my stomach growls.  “That’s it.”  I say to no one in particular.  “I’m getting some food.”

I end up getting a large, roasted Turkey leg, which I eat like a cave man while walking around.  I don’t even care.  I already look like a walking disaster, what’s one extra leg gonna do to that?

Suddenly, I find myself in Fantasyland again.  Going through the same routes I’ve taken this afternoon, I try to keep myself optimistic.  They might experience some type of divine intervention and show up all of a sudden.  We might bump into each other any minute now!  Come on Iseul, don’t lose hope!

I stop in front of a drink stall.  Hmm, I’m done with this turkey leg.  I totally deserve a large coke in a cute Disney bottle right now!

Tossing the waste into a nearby trash bin, I head over to queue at the drink stall.  My eyes roam as I wait for my turn, still looking for those two little ers.

Suddenly, something catches my eye.

Just behind this drink stall is Dumbo’s Magical Flight, a ride where you go soaring up into the sky in an elephant shaped carriage that goes round and round in circles as well.  Dumbo, obviously.  The ride is currently in motion right now, which means that those Dumbo vehicles are currently filled with passengers…

And I might be mistaken, but I could’ve sworn I saw a Batman logo flashing before my eyes. 

My heart skips a beat.  I nearly yell ‘YAH!  YI HAN!!’ right then and there, if it isn’t for the girl behind the counter who is waving her hand in front of my face impatiently.

“Hello?  Can I get you anything to drink?”

“O-oh, right!”  I stutter, blinking.  “A large coke in the Little Mermaid bottle please.” 

Because Ariel is my favorite!

The girl hands me my drink and I pay, before immediately rushing off to get a better view of the Dumbo ride.  Squinting, I concentrate and each wheezing passenger, and—

THERE IT IS!  THERE IT IS AGAIN!

“YAH!  WU YI HAN!!”  I scream like crazy, cupping my arms.  “WU YI HAN THAT BETTER BE YOU!”

The elephants continue flying around and around, passing me by without a pause.  The flash of Batman I saw quickly disappears from my view again as the ride continues to rotate.  But I don’t care.  I’m sure of what I saw now.  Taking a deep breath, I cup my hands again.

“YI HAN!  I CAN SEE YOUR BATMAN HEAD!”  I yell, earning a whole damn lot of curious stares.  “KIM JONGGUK, DO YOU WANT NOONA TO TELL WHAT YOU DID TO APPA?!  HUH?!”

“NOONA!”  A high-pitched squeal suddenly replies, and I nearly buckle to the ground in relief.  Suddenly I see Jongguk’s head peering out of the vehicle, trying to see if it really is me as his elephant comes into view again.  “NOONA!  Look!  Yi Han!  I told you it’s noona!!  Noona found us!”

Tears start welling up in my eyes as they fly right in front of me, allowing me to see both Yi Han and Jongguk at once, strapped tightly inside their vehicle.  Goddammit, they’re fricking here!  I’m actually seeing them right now!!  I found them, oh God, I finally found them! 

“Noonaaaa!!!  We thought you wouldn’t be able to find us!!”  Yi Han yells as he flies away again into the distance.  I bite my lips, trying to stop myself from crying, but I just can’t.  I’m so, so, so ing relieved.  I’m mad as hell, but I feel a lot better because now I feel like a ton of bricks have been lifted from my shoulder. 

And now, at last, I’m finally smiling. 

I’m smiling like a hanger has been stuck in my mouth when the ride comes to a stop.  I rush to the exit and wait impatiently for the kids to come out, and when they finally do, when the ride attendant finally pushes open the gate which allows them to run to me, I drop to my knees with wide open arms.

Remember how I said I was going to kill them?

I’m too happy to do that now.  I’ve found them.  I’ve finally found them! 

“Noona!!”  They squeal in unison, running over to me.  

“YAAAAAAH!!”  I yell as I crouch down to greet them, engulfing the two into a life-threateningly-tight hug.  “WHY THE HELL DID YOU TWO RUN OFF LIKE THAT!  WHERE WERE YOU GUYS!  DIDN’T YOU TWO HEAR THE ANNOUNCEMENT?!  HOW COULD YOU TWO DO THIS TO NOONA!!” 

I finish by bursting in ugly, pathetic sobs, with my face buried into Jongguk’s little shoulder.  I want to hate these two so badly, but I can’t!!  I’m just too happy to be reunited with these two ers who ruined my afternoon!

“Noona!  Noona, don’t cry!”  Jongguk exclaims, probably not expecting me to burst into tears like that.  “Yah, Yi Han!  What do we do?!” 

“Um… um…  I don’t know?!  Noona!  Noona don’t cry!”  I feel Yi Han awkwardly trying to pat my back as I continue wailing into Jongguk’s shoulder.  A few seconds later, I’m done.  I’m done being sensitive. 

Now I’m gonna give these two boys what they really deserve!

“YAH!”  I yell, smacking their butts together.  “WHY DID YOU TWO RUN OFF HUH?”

“We didn’t see noona in the shop anymore!”  Yi Han immediately answers, crossing his arms defensively.  Excuse this kid—what did he just say?!

“What do you mean you didn’t see me there anymore?!”  I glare, wiping my eyes and nose.  “I was there!  I was still in that mug section!”

“We didn’t see you, right Jongguk?”  Yi Han nudges his accomplice.  What the actual !!  I cannot believe this kid!!

“Then why didn’t you look for me?!”  I shriek, tugging at my hair.  “Why did you run off?!”

“Because we saw… yoga!”  Jongguk answers.

 “Jongguk that was Yoda, not yoga!!”  Yi Han says poking Jongguk’s arm.  “Yoga is the food!”

“That’s yoghurt, aish!”  I cross my arms.  “What did you see now?”

“Oh right, right!  Yoda!  We saw Yoda!”  Jongguk nods quickly.  “We saw Yoda walking by outside.  Suddenly he peeked into the shop for a while and waved at us when he spotted us!  Then we kind of… forgot about noona and followed him out!  Hehe!”

“That’s it?”  I raise my eyebrows.  “Then why did you guys disappear?!”

“Because Yoda kept walking and we kept following him for a while, then suddenly we were far away from the shop already and we got lost trying to get back there, and then suddenly we’re in Fantasyland already!”  Yi Han says, jumping while circling his arms.  “So I said, Jongguk, let’s just stay in Fantasyland so noona can find us here.  And you did!  Teehee!”

Aish, stupid Yoda!  Why did he have to peek in the shop and wave?!  Do Disney characters even do that?!  I thought they just stand in a corner pose for photos with people who queue for them!

“Yah, but didn’t you guys hear the announcement?” I ask, sounding a lot madder than I actually am.

“Announcement?” Jongguk looks at Yi Han cluelessly, who looks equally baffled.

“Yeah, I made an announcement for you guys!  It says that if you heard it, you should go and tell a staff member so they can call me and tell me where you are.”  I explain.  “Didn’t you hear the announcement?”

“Uh… maybe we were in the toilet!”  Jongguk suggest.  “We didn’t hear it.  Sorry, noona.”

“Yeah, sorry noona!  Maybe we were peeing.”  Yi Han says.  “Jongguk pooped just now, noona!”

I look at him in horror.  “Yah, did you wash your ?”

“Of course!”  Jongguk nods twice.  “I washed my hands too!”

“Good.”  I say, smiling briefly.  Then I continue with my interrogation.  “But they made the announcement several times!  Didn’t you guys hear it… at least once?”

“Maybe we were inside Peter Pan’s ride.”  Yi Han scratches his head.  “I think we queued for… 45 minutes.”

“Yah, so that’s why I couldn’t find you guys!”  I cry.  “Why didn’t you wait for noona outside?!  We can go ride the ride together!”

“Because 45 minutes is short!  The queue for other rides was 65, 75, 90 minutes, so we decided to go right then!”  Jongguk answers.  “Look, it’s 90 minutes now.”  He points to the ride entrance, which is coincidentally nearby.

“Aish.”  I mumble.  “Don’t ever do that again, okay?”

“Okay.”  The chorus, bowing their heads in submission.  “Sorry, noona.”

“Well you’d better be!”  I sass.  Then I spread my arms.  “Come here.  GROUP HUG!”

“GROUP HUUUUG/YAAAAY!” Jongguk and Yi Han scream together as they literally jump on me in unison, knocking me off my balance. 

“Oof!” I groan as my poor lands on the concrete ground.  Not the best thing to do after making me run around like a headless chicken for the last two hours, really, but at least I’ve found them now.  Getting knocked to the ground is so much better. 

“Don’t be sad anymore, okay noona?”  Jongguk pats my cheeks, smiling cutely.

“You don’t run away from me anymore!”  I whine.  “Do you know how worried I was???  Huh??  Did you??”

He gives me his best aegyo eyes.  “Sowwy.”

“Noona, I’m hungry!”  Yi Han complains, rubbing his stomach.  “Let’s eat!”

“Okay, okay, let’s eat.”  I say, holding out my hands.  “Pull noona up!”

They do, groaning a lot louder than they should be for the actual amount of work they’re actually doing.  I push myself to my feet and dust my a little.  “Let’s go.”

We happily head for the nearest restaurant in Fantasyland, when all of a sudden, Jongguk pops the billion dollar question.

“But noona, where’s appa?”

 

“I’m fine!”  Kai yells, pushing Baek’s hand away.  “Stop putting that thing on me!”

“First of all, this thing is concealer, and second of all, if you really are fine, then you could at least look the part!  I’m just trying to cover this tiny little scratch here so can you stop moving!!!”  Baekhyun yells back, his pitch escalating quickly.  “YAH KAI!!”

They are currently at the medical facility for the HOC members, where Kai is getting a little fix-up so Iseul and the kids won’t notice any of the damage(s) done.  After washing his face and getting the wound from the flying car hood treated by one of the doctors, Kai is now getting ‘treatment’ for some minor scratches from a self-proclaimed professional— Byun Baekhyun.

Treatment which includes a tube of Tony Moly concealer and a lot of fighting, that is. 

“I already have a huge, unconcealable bandage here, so she is already bound to know!”  Kai rants, pointing at his hairline as he continues to dodge Baekhyun’s dainty fingers.  “YAH!  I don’t want to wear make up!”

“It’s for your own good!”  Baekhyun says exasperatedly.  “Okay, I give up.”

Kai narrows his eyes.  “Good.  Why—“

“OH SEHUN, HOLD HIM DOWN!”

“On it!”  Sehun salutes comically, marching over

“YAH!”  Kai screeches, twisting his body in a million different ways.  “NO!  Sehun!  Get away from me or I swear—“

“D.O., you help too!”

“NO!  What the Baekhyun, I’m gonna—“

“And Kris, because you’re a giant…go sit on him!”  Baekhyun commands, on a roll now.  He then turns to Chanyeol and wink.  “Chanyeol, you’re a giant too, but you’re my giant, so I’m not having you sit on any other guy’s lap.”

“Eeww!  Get me out of here!”  Luhan complains, watching from the side.

“You can go.  I didn’t ask you to do anything right?”  Baekhyun grins.  “Oh, wait!  You can help punch Kai on the face he can stop trying to bite Sehun there!”

“And give him a black eye, are you kidding me?!”  Sehun complains, struggling visibly.  “Just shut up and do your job already, this is getting annoying!”

“Annoying?  How do you think I feel?!”  Kai barks, still thrashing, although to a greatly reduced extent now.  Baekhyun easily holds his face in place and dabs the concealer on the small scratch near Kai’s lips and a few other small spots.

“There!  That wasn’t so bad was it?”  He says, pulling away to admire his handiwork.  “You look good!  How about I contour you too?”

“Don’t you ing dare.”  Kai snarls.

“Want me to do your brows then?”

“GOODBYE!”  Kai huffs, getting up.  He heads to the mirror on the wall and checks out his face.

“You can barely see what I did, right?”  Baekhyun says, pretending to cockily check his nails.  “I know, I know, you’re welcome.”

“I didn’t say anything.”  Kai shoots back, although he had to admit— Baekhyun did a pretty good job.  The concealer blends seamlessly into his skin. 

Chugging down some water, he walks over to the corner of the room where his phone is currently plugged to an outlet in the wall, charging.  As soon as he turns it on—

“!”  He splutters, water bursting everywhere.  “Yah, is my phone still on Seoul time?  What time it is now?”

“Uh... 7.26 p.m., why?”  D.O. replies, checking his own phone.

“Is your phone still Seoul time too?”  Kai asks, urgently Googling ‘Hong Kong time now’ on his phone.  The result pops up and the color drains from his face.  “!  It’s really 7.26 already!”

“Yeah, it is.”  Sehun says, pointing to a wall clock.  “Idiot.”

“7 missed calls?!”  Kai continues shrieking, looking at all his new notifications.  “And all from Iseul?!  What happened?!  What did I do this time?!”

‘’Maybe she’s pregnant?“

“And her water bag broke?”

“Aish talking to you guys is so hopeless!”  Kai scratches his head roughly.  He looks around and snaps his fingers at some of the men waiting by the door.  “TRACK THIS PHONE NUMBER!  I want everything from its current location to its last activity, the last time she unlocked it—“

“Why don’t you just call her?”  Baekhyun suggests nonchalantly.

“Because what if she’s been taken by some gang?!  They’ll be the ones answering her phone and if they find out it’s me—plus, this isn’t a burner phone!  This is my—“

“It’s a Hong Kong SIM card, Kai, you’re gonna discard it in like, 3 days.”  Baekhyun gives him a weird look.  “Seriously, you should really count to ten before completely losing it like an idiot every time it comes to Iseul.”

“I do not—“

“Royal Banquet Hall, Fantasyland, Disneyland.  Last activity was trying to call you at 6.47, the last time she unlocked it was at 7.07, around 20 minutes ago.”  One of the men, the one named Sungjae, replied.  “Perhaps it would be worth mentioning at from around 5.45 to 6.23 there were several calls made to this local number here…”

“Local number?”  Kai repeats, immediately jumping to his feet. 

“Hang on.”  Sungjae’s finger fly deftly over the keyboard and in a split second a new tab pops up.  “It’s the lost child service center hotline at Disneyland.”

“Lost child…. .”  Kai whispers to himself, shaking his head.  “I swear, I’m going to install a tracker on her phone one of these days.”  Without another word, he runs right out of the clinic room. 

 

ISEUL’S POV

“Noona, why is Appa still not here yet?” 

I sigh.  “I don’t know Guk, maybe he’s still busy.  He’s not picking up my calls and he’s not replying to my texts either.”  My mouth is in autopilot mode already, and I’ve given that answer about 20 times in the last 40 minutes maybe. 

“Why don’t you call him again?”  He asks.

“His phone is dead Jongguk.”  I tell him.  “Or it’s switched off.  I can’t call him.”

Jongguk’s eyes fall.  “Do you think he’s okay noona?”

“Of course!”  I say quickly, ignoring the lump in my throat.  “I’m sure he just got caught in traffic.  He’ll be here soon!”

“Noona’s probably right.”  Yi Han says supportively.  “My dad also gets caught in traffic all the time.  Don’t worry Jongguk, it’s normal to be late here.”

“Oh.  Okay then!”

“Hey Yi Han,” I start, curious about something, “when your appa goes to work, who do you usually stay with?”

“Appa’s friends!”  Yi Han answers, shoving another spoonful of chicken rice in his mouth.  “Not Luhan-ge or Xiumin-ge or any of appa’s close friends, but appa’s other friends.  They’re nice!”

“Oh.”  I nod.

“Noona is nice too!”  Jongguk quickly says, being the cutie pie he is. 

I grin and ruffle his hair.  “I know.”

By the time we finish eating, it is already a quarter to eight and Kai is still nowhere to be found.  With heavy steps I leave the restaurant, clutching Jongguk and Yi Han tightly by the hand to prevent them from escaping again. 

Looking around, I give the brightest smile I can muster.  "Do you guys want to ride anything else?  I think we still have time for on more before the fireworks show."

"Indiana Jones!  Let's just go on the Indiana Jones one!"

"Yeah noona, Indiana Jones!"

"Okay!"  I nod.  "Yah, but I need to go to the toilet first.  Come with noona to the toilet first, okay?"

"But we don't want to pee!"  Yi Han argues.

"Yeah, we just peed before we ate!"  Jongguk seconds.  "Can we just sit here noona?"<

Please log in to read the full chapter