We Were One

A Dream Come True

The doctors kept me in the hospital for a week to recover and in that week my friends would come in and give me company so I was never alone. Daesung was the one who stayed the longest. He'd come in every day and play card games with me and we'd talk about happy memories. With everyone's company the week surprisingly past by quickly and there was only 2 more days until my release.

Daesung came back at the usual time to visit me. He walked over to the window and opened the blinds. The sun shined through making the room brighten and I instantly felt relieved. He looked back at me and smiled "Its a nice day today! Do you want to get out for some fresh air?" 

I hesitated thinking about my condition. "I don't know.." I said. My ribs were still sore and my arm and leg was still in a cast. I didn't really look fit to take a stroll around the hospital. 

He walked over to my bedside and grabbed on to my hand playfully shaking it the way children do when they beg. "Come on! It'll be good for you! You've been stuck in this bed for days!" He gave me the whimper face and dog eyes. I could never say no to that. 

I rolled my eyes then smiled "Fine! But you have to help me. I'm pretty beat up..." He made a "yes" gesture because he'd gotten what he's wanted and went over to the closet to get a wheel chair then brought it to the side of my bed. Slowly he took my arm and put it around his neck and brought his arm around my waist to give me support then he guided me to the wheel chair. As he sat me down I winced but ignored it happy to know I'm actually getting out of the bed. 

He pushed me out of the room to the nearest elevator and he pushed the "Up" button. "Daesung, Where are we going?" I questioned.

"You'll see." He replied sounding proud of himself. We walked into the elevator and he pressed the last button "13" ~There was a 13th floor?~ We headed up and up and up. When the elevator stopped the doors opened to a hallway. He pushed me left and I noticed that there were a few other elevator doors on the side walls but on the very end of the hall stood one door . Thats the door we were walking towards. "Daesung? Aren't we suppose to be taking a stroll around the hospital?" I asked.

He laughed. "That's not what I said. I said you needed some fresh air." He opened the door and pushed me through. My mouth dropped. We were outside but we were on the top of the hospital. He pushed me over by the wall so I could look out to seoul. I couldn't believe it. The scenery from where we were was amazing with hundreds of buildings that were like skyscrapers going for 40 to 50 stories high. On the ground the city just looked crowded but up on a 13 floor building it was so much more.

I looked around in awe. "Daesung. Its so beautiful."

He sat on the wall in front of me turned to look at the view. "I wanted to show you how amazing Seoul could be." He looked back at me his face cleared of all childishness "Can't you stay... here with me?" He asked

My face flushed. "What..?"

"Sarah said you guys were only staying here for a couple weeks... It already been a week and a half." He put his head down. "I'm not ready to let you go..." My heart raced and for a minute I don't even think I was breathing. He grabbed on to my hands "Please. I don't think I could live without you." 

I tried thinking of an excuses. "But I don't have the money for a house." I managed to say.

"I'll buy you one. I'll buy you new clothes. Anything you want." He looked pained to the thought of me leaving. 

"What about my family?" I asked.

"We'll take a trip every year.." He shook his head "No. Every month to see them." He got frustrated and put his head down hiding his watered eyes. His pain hurt me. I thought about the consequences of staying in Korea but I really couldn't think of any. Sarah had her fiance back home who she loved, besides we have facebook. Our relationship lived off facebook for most of our friendship. ~I've been wanting to move to korea for years. Would it really be a bad thing?~

Daesung brought his head back up to look at me. "Tasha, I... " He thought about the words to say but nothing came to him. So he did the one thing that could explain everything. Still making eye contact with me he brought his hand up to touch my face and he slowly moved toward me. My heart pounded. I didn't know what to do so I squeezed my eyes shut accepting what was to come. He stopped making sure the timing was perfect. All I could feel was his warm breath on my face. Goosebumps formed from my neck down and with all thoughts gone his lips met mine and for a moment we were one.